Bloomerang Logo

Bloomerang

Donor management software and database for nonprofits.

Bloomerang Reviews - Page 3

1,282 reviews

JW

Jane W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Best CRM for mid-sized non profit

Our overall experience with Bloomerang has been terrific. We have much better reporting functionality, we track interactions more effectively. We create make use of all the features, and chose event software that integrates directly into BLoomerang this year, which has saved us a world of duplicate entry. We're very happy users.

Pros

I've been in fundraising for over 25 years and have used a lot of different CRM systems for fundraising. Bloomerang is my favorite because it is intuitive, well-designed, and because the company is continually updating and improving functionality. The ease of creating reports and pulling the information we need is my favorite thing about Bloomerang, followed by how easy it is to get technical support when we need it.

Cons

It is never fun to transition CRM software, and we had been with our previous provider for 15 years. We had a lot of data, and much of it was not maintained as well as I would have liked. But, Bloomerang met a rushed time line and we had what we needed to move forward as an organization. While we're very happy with Bloomerang, I would like to have a less clunkly way to track tribute gifts, and to produce letters to notificants in Bloomerang.

Wow Jane! Thank you for the jam packed insightful feedback. We have the best customers, thank you much.

SR

Susan R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Good Value and Ease of Use Make it Exceptional

I often recommend Bloomerang to my peers. For me, it is the best fundraising decision we have made. As Finance Director, I am also tasked with fundraising efforts. I have fundraising experience as an employee with a variety of non-profit organizations including Junior Achievement, a county hospital, United Way, a community foundation, a community mental health center, and now at a community action agency. While each organization has had their own nuances, the systems I have helped purchase at each pale in comparison to Bloomerang. It is by far the best software I have used based merely on its effectiveness, ease of use, and ability to guide the fundraising growth of our organization.

Pros

As a non-profit organization we are constantly having to have multiple employees help with the fundraising initiatives. We have found this software to be very user friendly. I am able to train staff to use it in a very short amount of time. Having an effective tracking database has been critical to good donor communications. The integration of the email functionality has definitely added value not only to our fundraising efforts but also our communication efforts in the communities we serve. Bloomerang is the very foundation we use grow our donor base. It also easily lets us see how we are doing with our efforts year over year. I also easily created reports to help guide our board of directors and our Executive Director for meetings with particular donors.

Cons

It would be nice if there were a few more 'stock' reports that generated.

Thank you Susan for recommending us! I'm curious what additional stock reports you'd like to see?

PR

Paula R.

Donor Management Can Be Functional ... and Fun

The reporting and tracking features make forecasting and budgeting process so much easier. I also love the extras like generosity level and True Givers. These bonuses have helped me track down some great new donors.

Pros

I came for using another donor management software that was dull and reports were impossible to obtain. My first view of Bloomerang had me falling in love with it's interface. It doesn't just work right, it functions the way I think. And it's so pretty. I don't know about you but I need something that I stare into for hours to be easy on the eyes and Bloomerang's color scheme and playfulness makes...

Cons

Not much I don't like about it but if I had to pick out one thing: I wish there was Social Media integration with more than just Twitter - IG and FB would seal the deal. Being able to produce an e-blast that translated to a FB or IG post would be ideal.

What a delightful review, thank you Paula!

XV

Xavier V.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Bloomerang is the affordable and easy-to-use software you've been waiting for!

Pros

The dashboard! I live there most of my days. It's so customizable. How you track your constituents, whether they are a business or individual/household, is completely open-ended. It's scalable. The reporting feature is essential to any software. Bloomerang has nailed it. They even have scheduled reports as a function. MailChimp integration = a life saver. Bloomerang's email feature is tremendous, but I use MailChimp regularly. Send an email through MailChimp and track the interaction in Bloomerang, all automatically. So efficient!

Cons

I wish there was a way to sync Bloomerang with our ticketing software. That was my biggest question to the developers of ticketing and Bloomerang. More options for merchant solutions. It's limited to some of the most expensive in the market. I would be able to use even more Bloomerang features if they integrated with CardPointe.

LW

Lauren W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

A great product, a great addition to our organization.

Overall a great experience, I am very pleased with the software and am glad we made the decision to use Bloomerang.

Pros

I love how much data Bloomerang tracks and how easy it is to extract. The product is very intuitive and it makes thanking donors and tracking emails/interactions very easy. Several updates have been made and features added since our organization started using it, and I appreciate them listening to their customers to make the changes requested.

Cons

The list of people under "Tributes" cannot be searched or sorted by alpha order. Makes it difficult to determine whether someone has already been listed so not to make a duplicate entry. Cannot change a person's Tribute listing from "In Honor" to "In Memory", must create a new Tribute individual.

KB

Kalie B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Fantastic Software for Nonprofits!

Again, this software has been extremely beneficial to our organization!

Pros

Bloomerang has been a game changer for our organization. Our old software was essentially a slightly fancier version of excel with very limited options for tracking donor information and a time-consuming process for pulling reports of any kind. Also, we were limited to only the reports they provided and could not customize our reports in any way. Our favorite thing about Bloomerang is the fact that...

Cons

We pay extra for the wealth screening tool but haven't always found it to be the most accurate. I'm not sure this is worth what we pay for it - or, we just need to take the time for someone to learn more about how to use it properly! Also, while we do use Bloomerang to send all of our receipts/letters, we haven't quite made the leap to sending emails through Bloomerang. There doesn't seem to be quite as many design choices as we would like, but again it's most likely just something we need to take the time to learn.

DN

Dustin N.

Great Software for Non-Profits

Bloomerang is very much intuitive and easy to use. I love the fact that creating and also reporting with custom field is so simple and it truly allows you to customize it to fit whatever your needs might be rather than only having a few standard fields that something else decided was best. We are big on sending out emailers and having integrated email capabilities has save me and my coworkers a ton of time and headaches from having to purchase another solution. Another benefit that you didnt realize you needed until you tried it is the interactions with your members are automatically recorded in the donor database.

Pros

I really like the reporting function. The reports are easy to create and even easier to download as an Excel spreadsheet. I also really like the dashboard function. This software is very easy to use and even easier to teach others how to us it. The customer service is great as well. They are very responsive and always ensure that you get an answer and not only that but make sure you understand how...

Cons

I don't like that you cant sort the letters in alphabetical order when creating them. This is a BIG pain when printing off 100s of them because you have to sort them by hand after you print. For some of our big letter runs like annual appeal and membership reminders, we use a program to create our address labels. Sorting over 5,000 letters in alphabetical order is very time consuming. Other than that there isnt really much I dont like about Bloomerang. I have used countless different applications in my career and this one definiteyl ranks high on that list.

MB

Melody B.

Bloomerang Review

In one word- easy.

Pros

My favorite feature of Blooomerang is their customer service. It's fast and so so helpful. This software is capable of a lot, but sometimes its hard to recognize of understand what you can make it do. Most things have obvious buttons or functions, but sometimes you can edit or twist those functions to best serve your organization, and it sometimes is not obvious how to do that. But if you contact customer support, they can solve any problem quickly, and if they can't, they go and figure it out and get back to you. It's amazing! I've never had such consistently positive interactions with tech support services, and I really appreciate that most about this software.

Cons

It's a very specific fault, but the fact that we can't add interactions or notes to a household so it shows up on all connected accounts. It has to be however many separate accounts that show up under one feed. An example of when this can be frustrating is when an entire household of four attends an event, and we want that to show up on their timeline, we have to go in and add that interaction to each individual account. It would save a lot of time if we could make one interaction in the household that shows up in each account- adding one interaction over creating four separate ones.

RG

Russ G.

Music, 11-50 employees

Game Changer

It was a game changer for our organization. It's probably the only software we use that the entire team (a 9 person staff) agrees on and enjoys using. The Bloomerang team did a wonderful job of onboarding our organization and we really felt like we could access the full power of the software from day one.

Pros

Bloomerang is easy to use and keeps our development efforts on track. I especially like the engagement level meter and the integration with Donor Search. Reports have never been easier and are wonderfully dynamic. The integration with our website is seamless, so donors who give online go right into the database and we're immediately notified of every gift. Donors have been surprised when I sometimes email them a personal thank you before they've even logged off of their computer - in addition to the automated thank you they receive right from Bloomerang. It's the one software I actually look forward to logging into each day.

Cons

Very few cons. We are a school and I wish it integrated with our registration software. Other than that, love it!

SS

Summer S.

We love Bloomerang!

Overall, we are extremely happy with Bloomerang! Switching to this product has made our daily processes much smoother.

Pros

We greatly appreciate the ease of this product. It is simple to learn, simple to use every day. We integrated from a very outdated and very messy product. Bloomerang's team was very thorough in cleaning up our data and helping us along this entire process. Bloomerang's support is also excellent!

Cons

Occasionally, our team struggles with the reporting element in Bloomerang. For the most part, we are able to get everything we need from reports. However, there are times where the reporting feature is a bit complex and difficult to use. We are thankful that support is available to assist when issues occur.

BC

Brenda C.

Quick access and Use

I have been able to put together a Moves Management Report which is very useful. I hope to be able to learn more about its on-line event tools as well soon.

Pros

Bloomerang was a hands on learning tool for me with no down time or help in learning the CRM. I used it daily since I am a one person development office. The former person in this role had set up the system. I have enjoyed it's features and had some roadblocks like with everything else when first learning. I was thrown into instant use and so am backtracking to learn more of its features. I have found the Bloomerang training sessions and seminars on various topics very useful and allows me to feel connected to others. Whenever I have needed help Support has been there to help, which is sooo important.

Cons

Sometimes in an effort to make what's complex simplified there are gaps in understanding that occur for some people. I liken it to a maze that I can't seem to get of and then finally have a breakthrough. It is excellent for the small office. I would like to have greater access to donorsearch at less expense.

DC

Daniel C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Bloomerang helps grow your nonprofit each and every day

I am delighted with my use of the system and I'm glad we made the change from our prior CRM. Transparency for the administrative team, ease of use, and great integrations is bringing lots of benefits in terms of our records, protocols, and our ability to reach our donors.

Pros

Great flexibility allows easy customizations that helps you improve your CRM with usage and time. When combined with easy navigation and fast/accessible reports, Bloomerang is a system that is actually enjoyable to use. That's a big deal for your CRM! Remember - systems that are not used are systems that are not helpful.

Cons

The biggest frustration is that the constituent giving statistics via the "summary" views and "Timeline" views is set to the calendar year. For those of us who have a fiscal year different than the calendar year, this framing is not ideal. I've raised the point with the helpdesk and I am optimistic that the improvement will eventually be implemented. For the meantime, it requires patience and a mental "filter" to adjust accordingly.

MP

Michelle P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Bloomerang has everything we need.

Bloomerang has changed how we keep track of almost everything and put it all into one place. We are very pleased with it, and we are still learning more good things.

Pros

Bloomerang has amazing customer service. As a small non-profit selecting our first DMS, we reviewed many and then took the plunge and signed up for Bloomerang. Our chats and emails asking for help always receive prompt responses from knowledgeable people. There is no substitute for that level of assistance. We also love the ability to customize our data and all of the other things that can be done with Bloomerang. We have left behind our old systems for keeping track of donations, volunteers, trainings, newsletters, and more!

Cons

We are getting better at creating reports that show what we want to track, but this is an area that feels a little convoluted, probably due to my lack of experience. I have received excellent help from Customer Service to get what I need, though. I have a feeling that the large number of steps it sometimes takes to create a report is necessary and can't be changed. I would also like a smoother way to keep track of people who sign up for a free class, and then to track who actually attends the class.

MR

Melissa R.

Fund-Raising, 11-50 employees

Love Bloomerang

I selected Bloomerang and set it up as our database at two organizations and have used it daily for a total of 4.5 years. I have really enjoyed using it and it has suited our small fundraising shops well.

Pros

Some things I love about Bloomerang: its user-friendly design; great customer service; donation categorization structure; dashboard showing status of campaigns and donor retention rate; engagement meter and generosity meter; ability to easily make notes and save attachments to a donor record; ease of getting to donor records quickly; simple reporting functions; integration with online donation forms; and automatic inclusion of a recurring donation option on donation forms.

Cons

The biggest drawback I found with Bloomerang is the thank you letter feature. You can apply filters to create different thank you letters for different types of gifts, but the letters are exported as a PDF, which makes it difficult to fine-tune any of the verbiage. So if I need to edit a particular letter I have to go back to the donor record, edit it, and download the new letter.

AZ

Autumn Z.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Recommending bloomerang for Nonprofit Donor Management

We particularly like that we can easily manage all transactions and interactions seamlessly through integration with Outlook and sending emails, letters, etc. directly out of the system.

Pros

In the time that we have used bloomerang, we have appreciated a number of things about the software. The interface is extremely user friendly, we see regular product updates, there has been excellent customer service and communication, and the customer support through the chat interface is absolutely fantastic. Data has been easy to manage, reports are easy and reliable, and the ability to send beautiful emails, integrate with our website, and manage campaigns through the system is a real game changer for our organization. They worked hard with us to implement integration and onboarding in a reasonable time frame as well.

Cons

Occasionally, I will run into a more advanced feature that I'd like the system to do, but it's a rare occurrence. The one thing that I really wish bloomerang had was a more robust event ticketing function. The current interface doesn't do everything we would want to do, such as discount codes, and there are generally too many limitations to be able to use bloomerang for event ticketing.

CH

Cyrilla H.

Very Happy

My experience with Bloomerang has been very positive.

Pros

I feel Bloomerang is a good donor management software and works very great the the size of our organization. It is easy to navigate and the customer support is timely and helpful. They are continuously improving the software.

Cons

My biggest negative is not really the software but my ability to keep up with the changes/improvements. For example we have the system for several years and built a lot of our emails using templates that were donor concentric at that time. When you need an email you just copy them and adjust the content for the new email. What I found during the pandemic is the current new templates give a fresh look. I had time to rebuild some of this communication.

SS

Scott S.

Great Donor Tracking Software

Pros

This software is very intuitive and easy to use. We switched from a more complicated product that staff wouldn't use consistently. Although it had more bells and whistles it was less useful because many staff members found it too difficult to enter and retrieve data.

Cons

There are some missing features that I would appreciate: - a way of giving an easily visible summary of the most important things about a donor - a virtual yellow sticky note to alert other users to important changes or updates - a way of filtering out the Mass Emails from the more important interactions - an easier way of getting to the earliest entries

AC

Angie C.

Love it!!!

I switched to Bloomerang after being with another database system for a little more than a year. I have never looked back and have recommended Bloomerang to so many other nonprofits in my area. I have never had a problem that couldn't be figured out or worked around.

Pros

The clean look, ease of use and ever-updating features are wonderful. The additional trainings on many topics related to non-profits are a bonus. I love that I never have to encounter the word "query" when running reports! I also appreciate that many features are automatically included so I don't feel "nickel and dimed" every time I need to integrate new features.

Cons

I wish there was an easy "shopping cart" feature that would integrate with my website so I could easily sell tickets to events without having to manually each purchase.

CJ

Carolyn J.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Bloomerang Review

Exceptional. The best ever experience I have had with a database product vendor.

Pros

1. Ease of use: Bloomerang has been easy to learn even for staff members with limited data base experience. Data pages are large and easy to read.Information on the home page is helpful. It is easy to manage and change settings. 2. Customer support: If having difficulty with any aspect of Bloomerang, customer support is only minutes away. I have never had to wait for a response to a requst for a chat....

Cons

I really do not have any dislikes of Bloomerang. The reason is because if I ever have difficulties, I contact them and receive immediate assistance.

JG

James G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Fantastic simple donor mgt solution for small nonprofits

We have loved Bloomerang since our conversion 18 months ago. The fact that they continue to add features and request input from customers is great. Highly recommend the solution for other small organizations.

Pros

The ease of use and cloud-based platform make this solution the perfect donor management system for our small nonprofit ministry. We love the key features and the team is terrific.

Cons

Since it is a "newer" solution, it isn't as feature-rich as some long-time industry players, but that also means it isn't overly complex, which is a plus for us.

LJ

Lindsey J.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Best Bang for Your Buck

Bloomerang handles not only our team's contact management but is also the financial hub for all of our donations. It is now a tool essential for our department's analytics and fundraising team. We can't live without it!

Pros

I like that this software is extremely user-friendly. There is a multitude of tutorials, articles, and narratives of explanation of functions of this product. You will never question how to use this product!

Cons

I do wish this product had more add-on features such as texting, social media tracking, and a mobile app.

LA

Lorrie A.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Great software at a reasonable price!

Overall experience is fantastic!

Pros

This software has transformed our fundraising capabilities. We can do so many things we could not before, including, but not limited to, track campaigns, search database, target donors and track pledges, set-up fundraisers and send email blasts and newsletters.

Cons

It takes a little while to get the hang of designing reports and templates. But it is user friendly.

SM

Sara M.

Fund-Raising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Bloomerang is AMAZING!

Our previous data was kept in an Access Data Base (It was HORRIBLE) Since switching to Bloomerang I've had no issues tracking donors, reaching out to first time donors and our repeat donors by having reports to run at my fingertips. It's simple to enter new information into and so incredibly user friendly for someone who didn't know much about data bases. Right from the beginning when I was researching software programs I found the sales people to be super friendly, non-pushy and incredibly helpful in building my presentation to the board. Hands down it was easiest software to navigate and can do so much more than I've even used it for.

Pros

User-friendly; Easy to learn; Awesome customer assistance when it's been needed; prompt responses; dedicated employees (my original sales rep (Gabriel) STILL emails me a couple times in a year to see how things are going and if there's anything I need... :) ) Very easy to get almost any type of a report I need-quickly and effortlessly. I would recommend it to any agency looking to purchase donor software (and have). Sales rep was NEVER pushy but extremely helpful in assisting me with "selling" this product to my Board of Directors. Love all the webinars and teaching tools in the library that I can use if I want.

Cons

I just don't have the time in my every day job to use this software to it's full potential. (That's on me, not the product though...) I wish it did grant tracking too.

LL

Linda L.

Bloomerang Shines In My Toolkit

The transition was very smooth and I was immediately able to use the features to do my work. Training guides were easy to understand; there was very little ramp-up time required. I was updating and adding constituent records in no time. Creating and printing acknowledgement letters, and sharing reports with my team was accomplished in short time with professional and informative results. I am a one-person shop and Bloomerang allows me to manage my time well and to deliver results.

Pros

Ease of adding and updating constituent records - very little time required to master these skills. Report writing simplified Email templates easy to use Retention report updates daily and I see it as soon as I sign on Flexibility for me to use anywhere

Cons

As a new user, edit options were not available for acknowledgment letters with out re-running letters. I am having a hard time identifying what I did not like as I really enjoy using Bloomerang. Input was given to tech support and software changes were made based on user expectations.

JG

Jacquelyn G.

Great for Small Teams!

Overall it's been mostly a positive experience. It is definitely an improvement over our old system (DonorPerfect) and I really enjoy using it.

Pros

The reporting abilities and interface is very easy to use even for beginners, very intuitive overall. The customer chat is also really helpful in figuring out the reporting so that makes it even easier. The only issue would be organizing existing reports as they really don't have a good way of doing that yet, but they are trying to improve it. The system itself is also easy to navigate and they are constantly trying to make it better. I also like that the email features are built in which makes it easier to report on results. I also like a lot of the free webinars.

Cons

While I like the system overall, it needs a bit more work on core functionality before they carried away on new features. Sometimes they make features that are very one-size-fits-all which often leaves us out. We know what's best for our org, so sometimes we have to opt out of something if they don't let us customize it enough to work for our donors.