Bloomerang Logo

Bloomerang

Donor management software and database for nonprofits.

Bloomerang Reviews - Page 7

1,282 reviews

js

john scott f.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Great software for non-profits

I am managing a donor database and it has been great in being able to segregate donors and the donor search giving option has been very useful

Pros

The software is intuitive, easy to use, rigorous, and easy to modify to fit the needs of individual organizations. The tech support is some of the best i have encountered. i particularly like the live on-line support which has always be nearly immediate in response and you get a written transcript of the session to save for next time you forget what you are supposed to do.

Cons

Small things. you don't have an option of not having a year on birthday and often you only know the month and date, so i have a lot of people born in 2019.

Thanks for all the compliments, John! I am going to have a support rep reach out; the format for birthday fields is indeed mm/dd/yyyy - we'll have to look at your report filters.

SH

Sue H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Thrilled with customized implementation, ongoing support & usability

We have grown from a grassroots start up and at 9 years old, we were in need of a CRM that would help us meet the demands of a growing customer base and also help us expand our existing donor base. Bloomerang provided us with the ability to focus on strategic development while also streamlining our processes for sustainability.

Pros

We have very specific needs and were able to effectively integrate several unique workflow processes. The Bloomerang team is comprised of true consultants from Sales to Implementation to Support. All of my interactions have been excellent. They take the time to understand our business and offer several solutions from which to choose.

Cons

All our needs were met and the easily integrated GiveButter platform was a savior during Covid. We were able to do our first virtual event via GiveButter (Peer to Peer fundraising) and it was a huge success! Surpassing our goal by over $10,000.

Wow! Thank you Sue for the kind words about the team. Thrilled to hear your first P2P event was a huge success.

JA

Jill A.

Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

Great support help

We wanted an easy to use and affordable donor management system and Bloomerang has definitely provided that.

Pros

Economical. Great support. Easy to create reports. Perfect tools for record-keeping of donations as well as interactions with constituents.

Cons

I'm pretty happy with most everything. Some of the challenges are based on my own limitations. There are so many tools within Bloomerang that I have yet to use or explore.

JS

Jennifer S.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Bloomerang -- just do it!

Great. Really great customer service. I appreciate that they ask our input for features we'd like to see. I like that I can see what features they are developing i.e., mobile app.

Pros

Reporting tools. It's fun to play around.

Cons

Email editor isn't as robust as we'd like.

Thanks for your kind words, Jennifer! Check out our new email editor - we added some robustness! https://bloomerang.co/blog/feature-spotlight-an-upgrade-to-bloomerangs-built-in-email-marketing/

DW

Diane W.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Bloomerang is the perfect solution for our small non-profit organization

We love the ease of creating reports and the helpful customer support team.

Pros

The conversion process went well. I felt my input was valued and my questions answered. All of the customer support people I've worked with have been knowledgeable and very quick in their response. When we began managing another non-profit we immediately converted their database to Bloomerang without even considering other options. For our small office, Bloomerang is user-friendly, makes reporting a breeze and the staff is always available to assist. Thank you for caring about small non-profits!

Cons

The one thing we've asked about from the beginning is adding more levels of security for users. We'd like our users to have more access without full administrator rights. I also have some issues with the mass email system and messages going to our recipient's spam folder even after doing all the recommended steps.

DS

Danielle S.

Farming, 11-50 employees

Highly recommend - no regrets choosing Bloomerang

Overall, WONDERFUL.

Pros

It's super user-friendly, easy to get started with, has a nice email-building feature, and the customer service is absolutely second to none. Easy to create sophisticated reports. They're always adding improvements too.

Cons

Doing major donor prospect tracking is a little clunky. We make it work and are able to do moves management, but we end up supplementing with excel sheets, etc. Not the best.

KM

Kevin M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Love Bloomerang

Bloomerang was a significant step up from the on-premise crm that we previously used. The unlimited custom fields have enabled us to build in the data points that we wanted to capture.

Pros

Unlimited custom fields - the only limit is your teams imagination there. Great feature. API - this was key for me and I love the API v2 that is in development. (side note, I have an API wrapper in development for it as well.)

Cons

Perhaps some guided report templates would help users grasp reporting. With my users anyway, those that understand databases and their structures get the reports. The others take notes and try not to stray outside the cookbook. Relationships could use work, very little complexity options there. More transaction level tracking, for example appeal tracking with custom fields. How much did this appeal cost being stored and amount of subsequent transactions would yield a profitability figure on that appeal.

BB

Brenda B.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Great Product, Great Price, Excellent Customer Support

This application replaced dozens of spreadsheets I used to use. I had looked other products that were less robust and way more expensive. The company offers lots of tutorials, videos, webinars and classes that are very helpful. I am happy with this app and anxiously await a better email module. I just wish I could better engage my board to use it for donor interaction logging.

Pros

Bloomerang is a very well thought out application. The database and the reports generated from team or in valuable to our organization. The custom reporting is very easy for someone with an IT background searches me, but should be fairly easy for anyone to use. It has been a lifesaver for my organization to have this product which was at a very affordable price. It is continually improved with new features, many at user request. Customer support is top notch.

Cons

The email module does not create responsive emails. This feature is seriously lacking in modern usability. I tend to use email via another email client and take advantage of the BCC feature, which copies the email to Bloomerang and attaches it to the constituent’s record.

Hi Brenda! Glad you were able to ditch all those spreadsheets. Check out our new email tool, which includes responsive designs and an easier-to-use editor: https://bloomerang.co/blog/feature-spotlight-an-upgrade-to-bloomerangs-built-in-email-marketing/

CD

Crystal D.

Fund-Raising, 51-200 employees

User friendliness has helped build our donor relations

Pros

I love the user friendliness of this product. I can create very professional looking correspondence with my donors that make it look like I am working with a whole development design team even though it's just me. The donor search information is invaluable to finding new donors and increasing donor amounts of already existing donors. I can't say enough about this product.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints about Bloomerang at this time.

PB

Paige B.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Perfect for donor management

I still value this software for the seamless tracking it does of donors and donations. It has many useful features that help with development in terms of finances. I'd like to see more features for help with program and volunteer development specifically but that doesn't minimize the usefulness of what it offers. I highly recommend Bloomerang for nonprofits!

Pros

Online donation forms automatically create profiles in your Bloomerang and those forms can be on our website, our Facebook page, etc. Easy to create web forms for all kinds of uses including donations for specific long-term funds or short-term campaigns. Nice reporting to see what's coming in and the ability to acknowledge donations right from the system with emails or letters. Also like the social media tracking to see who's talking about us and this also feeds into the donor "temperature" which is a measure of donor engagement. You can really identify your true champions! Still learning the system so I'm sure we'll continue to discover useful features. Overall, this is an excellent resource for donor tracking and management.

Cons

If a donor is already in the system and enters a one-time contribution via web form that uses different info it will create a separate record which cannot be deleted without calling customer service for back office assistance. I was told it just has to match 2-3 fields but it even created a separate record for me when I entered a web donation using my first name instead of my middle name (what was...

KL

Kathleen L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Very easy to use!

Pros

Bloomerang is so much simpler than other fundraising software. If you are a small to mid-size nonprofit Bloomerang is the right product. We previously used other high-priced, high featured software that was more sophisticated than we need. Bloomerang is much more user friendly so even our most tech-challenged staff can input their interactions with donors, set up tasks, understand the dashboard and more.

Cons

I like Bloomerang overall, but I wish there were more features in the add-ons like MailChimp. It's great that we can send eNews through MailChimp integration but it's frustrating that it's a scaled down version of whats available to other users.

HC

Heather C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Easy to use - great for small non-profits

Bloomerang has helped us become more donor-centric as we are able to easily track giving by first-time and long-time donors alike.

Pros

We had a seamless experience migrating historical records from Access to Bloomerang. The transition team was excellent. Every aspect of the user experience is relatively intuitive, and when it's not, the support staff and knowledge base resources are excellent. I love the payment processing and gift acknowledgement tools, and our emails look great!

Cons

The ability to manage events with ticketing and raffles could be more plug-and-play. Lots of custom fields required to provide the tools we are looking for. I would also love to see an integrated text-to-donate function.

JH

Jane H.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Bloomerang is a Great Option

Great!

Pros

The support given during the conversion process from our previously used platform was vital. I appreciated having a dedicated staff person on our project from the beginning through the implementation. Since going live about 18 months ago, their customer support is the best I have ever dealt with. The software's custom report utility is great, but on those rare occasions when I can't quite get it right, their support team is always so helpful, courteous and prompt. I have not felt like I've been stuck in a que somewhere in cyberspace waiting for my number to come up. The training videos are great - they are easy to understand and were sufficient for learning the software. I appreciate that Bloomerang is constantly working to improve upon their already great product!

Cons

This is a hard one for me. How we use the software may be somewhat unique from other organizations and once in awhile I have to do some work-arounds to make it fit. However, they are always helpful in getting me through these situations. Most of it was taken care of during the set up.

MF

Marisa F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Bloomerang HRWC

My overall experience has been good. I just need to spend more time within the program. I also have not worked with databases before and I don't often know what kind of reports I need. Probably need to do more digging and experimenting. The webinars are very helpful. I just feel so behind and lost sometimes in my own knowledge.

Pros

For the most part it is easy to get around in. I like that I can get most of what I need done. But, I often don't know how to ask for certain reports.

Cons

When I recommended this product, it seemed that I would be able to do research within Bloomerang about potential donors–What they give, how often give, to whom they give. But, it doesn't seem to operate as I thought. Could be my error. I like that MailChimp is now integrated. But, I'll probably just stay with Bloomerang/Blossom now. I wish there was a grant management component to Bloomerang with a calendar. If there is I need assistance in knowing how to use.

Thank you Marisa for the honest feedback. I would love to connect you with a member of our Support team for some one on one time to really dig in. I'll be in touch!

BS

Ben S.

Bloomerang - Easy to Use and Amazing Customer Support

My organization started using Bloomerang in 2015 when we wanted to switch to a donor management platform where our donation form could be embedded into our actual website (instead of having our donor be taken to an external site). I was immediately impressed with the customer support and ease of setting up my account and importing my existing/past donations. I continue to be impressed with Bloomerang and they address all of our needs as a small nonprofit organization.

Pros

Not only is Bloomerang easy to use and navigate, but their customer service is amazing. They are always extremely quick to respond to requests and if I ever have an issue, it is always resolved right away. It allows me to not be worried if something looks off or if an issue arises, because I know I can expect a response almost immediately. I also like the ease of running reports and the variability of the possible reports. I enjoy that I can filter out many details, whether it's regarding donor type or transaction type.

Cons

There are a few small kinks that need to be resolved, but I know the Bloomerang team is aware of them. For example, there is an issue when trying to track "Tribute" donations through the platform, as well as being able to review/resend automatic acknowledgment letters to donors. Lastly, I would like to be able to track recurring donations as pledges, but this is not possible with the current platform. All of these are small things compared to the positives that Bloomerang provides.

AW

Arnee W.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Responsive Customer Support and Great Features

I am not the main contact, but I have found Bloomerang to meet my needs as part of the development team, and it has helped us organize our fundraising efforts and strengthened our ability to communicate with our constituencies.

Pros

I find it easy to use and set up so that we can keep all of our donor histories in one place including email communications, etc. It also provides reminders for next steps to help your development efforts stay on track. Customer support is very responsive. In addition, the frequent online seminars are very helpful, timely and well-done.

Cons

The search function still has some problems. Depending on how an entry is characterized you cannot always find all of the people that are in the database. If someone is the key contact for an organization, you cannot find their listing by just entering their name in the search.

BM

Betsy M.

A happy bloomie team

Bloomerang has certainly made us more organized in the way we store our data and maintain contact with our members and donors. We have been able to automate correspondence in a way we could not before and I think we all feel like we have a better handle on the overall picture of our organizational financial health. Plus the webinars and support is great.

Pros

Seeing the campaign progress and the retention rate. Also the rating for donors that are hot or cold.

Cons

The word processing in emails is clunky and often difficult. Sometimes it takes a while to save or doesn't save at all.

The engagement meter is pretty cool, isn't it?! Happy to hear you're team Bloomie Betsy!

AC

Andrew C.

Dolphin Scholarship Foundation review of Bloomerang

Our overall experience with Bloomerang has been outstanding. It has definitely enhanced our donor management and cultivation efforts.

Pros

The technicians at Bloomerang were very helpful in making the transition from our Donor Perfect CRM software a seamless process. I like the recently updated dashboard that provides at a glance donor retention rate, campaign progress, donation tracking, and first time donor identification.

Cons

There is some difficulty in setting up forms and there are limited font choices available. Also, the software does not contain the ability to manage events.

RM

Ruby M.

Individual & Family Services, 51-200 employees

Bloomerang Review

Overall, Bloomerang is a good product. it is user friendly and you can customize the features oto work best with your organization.

Pros

Customer service is amazing! All the representatives are patient, kind, and so knowledgable about Bloomerang. They are life savers!

Cons

There are certain reports I am not able to run accurately. for example not being able to get the pledge balance at a specific time - will only give you the pledge balance as of the day you run the report. Also, not being able to mass upload benevon interaction especially because we bought the software because of the benevon features.

Thanks Ruby for the honest feedback. I do hope you and the team will continue to reach out to Support for your reporting and Benevon questions.

JJ

Joanne J.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great Functionality for the Cost

The dashboard features are great for keeping me apprised of our overall donor status (retention, new donors) and monitoring my campaigns' status. I have found the education offerings to be very helpful. The topics are both useful and varied, and the staff that leads and provides the training is always knowledgeable. Also, the external providers who provide training and insights are top-notch.

Pros

I find the software easy to use and the report writing feature is also easy and meets my needs.

Cons

I would like to customize some of the forms we use, but have not found that way to do. Though in all honesty, I have not utilized customer service support to see if the answer here is easier than it appears.

Thanks, Joanne! https://bloomerang.co/blog/new-feature-bloomerang-mailchimp-integration/

DE

Danelle E.

Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees

5 years of Bloomerang and counting

When we started using Bloomerang about 5 years ago, we were coming from an older system. The user-friendly aspect, custom fields, email tool, online giving tools, report building, etc. were all features that were appealing to us and we continue to use and value all these features and more.

Pros

Bloomerang is very user-friendly. The reporting tool is great and can basically create anything we need. And if we can't quite get the report right, their support is great to help. We use their email tool for mass emails, create thank you letters, accept online donations, accept event registrations, etc. Great to have all of these features in the same place.

Cons

No major complaints. Just a few small things here or there, but there have been a number of great changes and additions in the time we have used Bloomerang, so I'm holding out hope for things to come! One thing I would like to see is a better way to handle memberships. We have both members and donors who support us. We have created custom fields to record member dates, etc, but would love to have expiration dates that automatically update (for example) instead of having to do it manually; or be able to easily sort a constituent's timeline to see when member dues were paid.

Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

Great Database for Smaller Organizations

Bloomerang is easy to use for the majority of people, but you do give up some customization options to get that ease of use. I think its a good database for smaller organizations, especially ones that don't have the staff or the time for a database administrator.

Pros

Bloomerang is very easy to use and very easy to set up, they also have a ton of resources and videos so if you can't figure something out right away, you'll be able to figure it out soon. The interface is very simple with all the options on the left hand side. The dashboard gives a lot of good data and its very, very easy to build either custom reports or use their canned report templates. Imports are also very easy. Household records are only counted as 1 record against your limit, which is nice.

Cons

The donation pages leave a lot to be desired. There's only a few things you can edit or customize unless you self host and know how to code html, css and java-script. The dashboard on the home page isn't customizable either, though it does give pretty good data by itself, it would be better if it were customizable.

RA

Renee A.

Performing Arts, self-employed

We are grateful for BLoomerang!

From the first moment that we interacted with the sales associates we had a great experience. The folks at Bloomerang are knowledge, responsive, and took the time to really understand our needs and "where we are". We use the software daily and it gets better with time!

Pros

We like MOST EVERYTHING about this software. It's easy to train new users on, it generates great reports, it easily allows us to customize constituent profiles and notes and having the ability to interface forms with our website is excellent!

Cons

So far we have not had any negative experiences or things we would like to change with the software or Blooemrang customer service.

DH

Denise H.

Higher Education, 1-10 employees

We Love Bloomerang

It has been fantastic, honestly. Granted, we were using something that compared very poorly to Bloomerang, but hardly a staff meeting goes by when someone doesn't say "I Love Bloomerang." It is the right size and level of software for our staff size and organization.

Pros

We love that it is easy to use. Two of our three staff members are not all that technology oriented, so for them to agree that it is easy to use says a lot. Any issues they have had typically relate to not knowing how to do something and not having looked it up in the very easy to use and short "how to" materials that come with the platform. This product causes little angst among non-techy folks.

Cons

There are a few nebulous features that seem unfinished, such as tributes. For example, we haven't figured out how to create a letter to notify the family of a deceased person that someone made a gift in that person's memory. So we just do it outside of Bloomerang and then upload it to the family member's timeline.

JR

Jennifer R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Always improving, easy to use.

We are making positive strides in reducing donor churn and segmenting donor appeals.

Pros

Free webinars about relevant fundraising topics are a great resource as are the helpful training tutorials. Overall, Bloomerang is an easy system to use, it is always improving, and tech support is fantastic.

Cons

I find it difficult to run some reports because of the way information is entered and stored. We've used Bloomerang for over 3 years and imported our previous system so that we have 10+ years of data. However, the report filters don't always produce the best results and we are unable to change the way imported data was entered to create consistency.