Cayuse Grant Management Reviews

Cayuse Grant Management

Research administration & grant management software

4.86/5 (7 reviews)

Desiree Douglas

A real game-changer for my institution!

Reviewed 2017-09-27

Immediate benefits include easily customizable and exportable reports, easier tracking of grant records and grant personnel, customizable fields that my institution can implement and also report from.

Pros
I love that this software is super intuitive, very easy to use, and has already made my job so much easier! Coming from a grants management process which heavily relied on Excel spreadsheets, the Blue Wren software is a real game-changer for my department and my institution. We now have the capacity to seamlessly report on and project out our entire grants portfolio, whenever our board/leadership needs an updated overview of accounts. The software also allows us to quickly answer to Federal and non-Federal requirements including Other Support (employee effort) data; fiscal, calendar, and grant year data (current and previous periods), and a ton of exportable, individually-customizable reports and options. I'm serious, this software is amazing! Not only is the software incredible, the software development team - who is incredibly patient with institutional processes - are awesome at implementing, training, and quickly assisting with any questions or concerns from trainees. I recommend this system to any institution, especially an up-and-coming Non-Profit research institute like my own. It's awesome!

Cons
We have not encountered any issues this product that the software development team hasn't almost immediately solved! We've seen a few small glitches involving pulling data into a report during our conversion period (pulling previously tracked data from the older software/system), and those glitches were always fixed within a 1-2 day window. There really aren't any cons!

Dana Glenn

We have had a very positive experience with the implantation for the Blue Wren grants software.

Reviewed 2017-09-26

We are working toward using the grants software as our central repository for all grants information and documents. We are able to retrieve information quickly and report back to our sponsors (other support in particular) in a timely manner.

Pros
We been working with the implementation team at Blue Wren for almost five years. My office started out doing the post award grants support for a research center with the OSU College of Medicine and that is when we first startup working with the software. In the past four years, we have grown from 8 academic/clinical departments to over 40. Our primary focus was getting the financial reporting system up and running. The company has been very accommodating and has been able to fluidly reprogram the software in order to accommodate our growth. We are in the early stages of populating data into the grants software module, but I like that it will allow us to keep all of our grant related information in one place as a central repository and I LOVE the ability to create NIH other support documents. I have one FTE devoted to progress reports and NIH JIT requests, so this function allows us to work much more efficiently.

Cons
With the financial software, we are able to do minimal data entry because we upload our financial and personnel date directly into the software. There is more many data entry and maintenance with the grants module, but that really is more a nature of the ever changing nature of grants management as new awards come in then it is a problem with the software.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Stacy Gallo

My experience has been positive and productive.

Reviewed 2017-09-27

Pros
I like the ease of moving around in the software. I find the bar on the left makes it easy to jump from one screen to another quickly. I also like the look of the product. It is appealing to the eye which is important when you are looking at a page for long periods.

Cons
I would like some more user options in reporting. I would like to be able to create custom reports that I can use over and over. The information I need is available but not in the format that I require. I spend extra time exporting and reformatting.

Jonathan Scudder

Best bang for your buck I've ever encountered in Grant Management

Reviewed 2017-09-25

Pros
There are 3 categories that really make this software great; 1. Superb implementation and post-purchase support: who has been extremely patient and helpful in helping me through a new implementation process as well as very responsive to requests for customizations? 2. Tailored product for Grant Management: Often as research administrators, we try to jam software created for other purposes into the role of Grant Management, which sometimes works but is always time-consuming and cumbersome. It's refreshing to work with software that's actually created to do Grant Management. 3. It's constantly getting better: I've only been using the software for about a year and a half, but in that time there have been really major upgrades to almost all aspects of the software. There is also extensive testing so that you know that when you do get an upgrade you know it will work. I wholeheartedly recommend Blue Wren software to other folks looking for Grant Management Solutions.

Cons
It's still software. As with other pieces of software things are becoming massively interconnected, so there are still glitches if one piece of the puzzle isn't correct. Overall though, this is really a problem that's less about this particular software, and more about the software ecosystem in general.

Dawn Parker

The product does what the sales team said it would and meets our needs well!

Reviewed 2017-09-20

It makes grant tracking and reporting so much easier than our previous way of tracking!

Pros
The customer service provided by Blue Wren is top of the line. They have a very knowledgeable staff and implementation team that have always provided very timely support when needed. This product allows us to have quick access to our current and pending funding stream. It also allows us to efficiently access other grant data by using the search and reporting capabilities. The GRM product has an email notification system that notifies our faculty when reports and other items are due. It has helped to significantly improve our turn around time on these items and taken the burden of reminders off of our staff.

Cons
The system does not do electronic submissions to grant.gov. However, we work around that effectively by using the grant.gov workspace.

Lisa Wilson

Blue Wren GRM review

Reviewed 2017-09-21

Quick and accurate performance metrics for reports.I purchased , installed and used it at my previous university. I am working hard to get it up and running at my new and current university.

Pros
The team is extremely responsive and knowledgeable in both software design and research administration. Ideas for additional features and functionality are readily accepted and quickly added.

Joseph Roth

Grant management made easy

Reviewed 2019-02-14

Pros
It's a great way to centralize your data during pre-award phase of grant management. Sponsor information, proposal status, etc. all easily accessible in one place.

Cons
UI is a bit archaic and not always new user friendly.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10