All categories

visit website

CharityTracker Reviews

1,010 reviews

Charity Tracker

This software is very benificial to our Personal Ministries department and is used daily in our office to check on Food pantry assists given as well as for new client information. We use it everytime someone applies for assistance to determine if they have already received their yearly allotment and also on intake days to inform clients of their eligibility before they begin filling out the applications.

Pros

Charity tracker enables our department to safeguard the effective use of our resources to meet the needs of our community because we can easily accessthe information regarding how we have assisted a client in the past as well as important information on the resources which have already been provided by other local agencies.

Cons

The search process is not as effecient presently as it has been in the past making it necessary to sometimes search through 15-20 pages of names to find a name which should have popped up when the name was typed into the search box.

Case Management

Pros

There isn't much I don't like about Charity Tracker, I wish the outcomes tab was more user friendly because I would love to track my client's outcomes. Also, we should be able to change the date of assessments to reflect the date the assessment was completed. Case Managers don't always have the time to submit the assessments the same day they were completed.

Cons

Assessments. Please allow for us to enter the same date the assessment was completed, sometimes that means back dating the system

Overall, it's an easy program to use and allows me to track most of what I need to track.

It's a great paperless way to keep up with information and I can pull reports for church administration when needed. It helps when creating the budget at start of every year.

Pros

It's easy to navigate. I can pull up clients easily as well as see how much we've given them and when. It's also easy to edit client information, especially since addresses change so much with the people I work with.

Cons

I would love to be able to link accounts so that I can keep up with family members who come in separately, but live in the same address. Because resources in my area don't connect with each other, but I know people have used them I would love to have a place to keep up with where and how much they've used from other resources. (This is information we track with our application for assistance applications). When it comes to tracking client income, more options would be helpful, even if it's the option of a drop down box to add that information.

Biggest time saver for us in 6 years

I have been working with my agency for six years and nothing has saved us more time than converting our paper file system into our online database. The training seemed overwhelming and scary to staff and all 170 volunteers but when the time came, it worked fine. We had most volunteers comfortably trained within a month. (Around 25% of these volunteers had no prior computer experience.) We had a few kinks along the way but Charity Tracker staff has always been easily accessible and willing to help. We couldn't have had a better experience.

Pros

Everything! Couldn't ask for better quality service from Simon Solutions.

Cons

Over the past several years we have suggested small changes and the changes were made. So I don't have any complaints. But I wish we could get everyone in Transylvania County on board. If all agencies were also inputting data into Charity Tracker we could get better statistics about gaps in services. I think the price is a barrier for some of the smaller non profits.

Volunteer Use Extremely Helpful

Pros

I am retired and not terribly computer savvy. Charity Tracker is so easy, it makes my volunteer work, which is serving hundreds of needy in my area, possible. The others in my group can easily see what I am posting, and likewise I can see their postings. The storage a retrieval of historical data is simple and is critical to our being able to offer the assistance to our clients.

Cons

Sometimes the choices in the drop-down boxes available for posting do not fit what we desire. Yet we do not advocate for additional choices. The advantages of the simplicity of having the choices there are outweigh any benefits we would gain in having additional choices.

Charity Tracker Transformed our Non-profit Agency and our Community

We have solved a huge communication and coordination issue in our community related to client needs and securing available resources.

Pros

Charity tracker is easy to use and easy to teach to our volunteers who have limited computer experience. We have not only used it as our in-house client data base but are administrating a Network in our community with several other non-profits. It has made it so much easier to share information with other agencies about clients and immediate needs.

Cons

We would like for other agencies in our area to join our network and use this software, however, the current software some are using for this purpose is either written or endorsed by a parent company for their use. Using Charity Tracker would require them to double enter their records.

CharityTracker Review

Great! We are glad to have switched to it and continue to find out new ways to maximize our experience with it.

Pros

It is a comprehensive way to track all services provided to a client across organizations in our area. The system is user friendly and easy to learn through the training. The reports help pull various information needed for grants, Board presentations, and other reporting needs.

Cons

The reports function is not nearly as user friendly as the rest of the software. Also (and this is essentially just the nature of the beast), having so many users from so many organizations use the same database does mean that there is not nearly as much consistency in entering information as would be ideal. (For example, some people put notes in the notes tab, while others put it in alerts, and still others include notes in the assistance section.)

I love Charity Tracker. Great tool for non-profits to communicate and stay aware of community needs.

Communication with other non-profits and benevolence programs.

Pros

Charity Tracker is a great communication tool with other non-profits & benevolence programs in the community. We have volunteers and seniors that work in office and program is easy to navigate and use for our part-timers. The reports we can generate have helped tremendously with grants and board reports. We do have outages sometimes but the support and time down has been amazing.

Cons

The signature pad that is compatible with software is not good. Very hard for me to sign and our senior citizens really struggle with it to sign. You can't see when signing pad and the pen is easy to push button at bottom of pen (right where you hold it) and messes up. Not user friendly at all. I have small fund set aside to purchase new one as soon as available!

Non-Profit review

Overall it is a great program just wish that the reports worked a little better and were a little more user friendly.

Pros

We like that it is easy to use and is pretty straight forward on entering information. It is very user friendly and as a non-profit it is very affordable. The Outcomes section is a great easy way for us to track our clients success. We love that we are able to print it out so that they can have a reminder at home of what goals they are working on. We also love that we can choose what information we can keep private to our agency. We also love that we could personalize assistance records to fit our needs.

Cons

Reports are sometimes inconsistent which is difficult when you are trying to get accurate information to use when applying for grants.

Charity Tracker

Pros

I like being able to see a clearer picture of client info- such as who helped, for what, and when (for instance - the client received assistance 6 months ago on rental, now back for assistance with electric - Charity Tracker provides a visual as to what other agencies have assisted, and also when assistance was not given. This is a positive snapshot that I can use to help determine where to go next. The versatility provides opportunities for better client assistance.

Cons

The Charity Tracker software for "SEARCH ENGINE' is cumbersome to actually search for clients with common names and is prone to allow duplicates to be added constantly. Sometimes confidentiality can become a concern when it come to clients personal info.

Great Choice for Integrated Data Management

We use this software to share data with other organizations about our client usage, to get information regarding needs in our communities and how we are meeting them, to track case notes, visits, and client household data. We then use this client demographic information and tracking to report to our donors, board members, and community about the services we are providing.

Pros

I like the functionality of the software and its ability to add sections and features or disable them as needed for the organization. The ability to report by various datasets is crucial to our processes, pulling case history by client, by household, or by service.

Cons

The software could use some work as it pertains to looking up accounts, which can be lost and duplicated when typos are present (no suggested results occur if there is a space where there shouldn't be, or a misspelled name).

Data Entry

There are some days I seem to spend much more time searching for a client than necessary.

Pros

If you have enough information you can find any of our clients. It's much easier with DOB, if that has been entered correctly.

Cons

Your program brings up a clients with DOB or Name;however , if the name must be exactly the same as entered with lower and upper case. If a mistake is made using a lower case instead of upper case I may have to search through several pages of similar names. I wish it was programmed so that either case was pulled up to the top of the list. Also it would be helpful if it could bring up similar spellings. People often change spellings of names today;again, this has to be exact for no match at all.

Amazing

A lot of our non-profits have been taken advantage of when clients go from agency to agency. In the past agency didn't know if people were being helped. Now with Charity Tracker, we are informed if they have been helped or if their "friend" is trying to also get help down the street. With Charity Tracker being live we can tell if they are being help right away.

Pros

How easy it is to use and how easy it is to teach someone to use. It is a forgiving program, but the best part is that the only person who can delete anything is the Network Admin. Also it help non-profits be better steward with the funding they receive.

Cons

Sometimes we don't get all the information that we are needing from a report. It might be user error or the system is not giving us the information we tell it we need.

Charity Tracker is very useful and generally quite easy to use.

It makes tracking the assistance clients get from various agencies very easy to track and access, its a crucial part of what we do.

Pros

The ability to track clients relationships, services received, and dates of visits with a quick and simple search is extremely helpful. Also, creating reports is simple yet comprehensive. These features allow us to work with our clients efficiently as well as to work with other agencies to help solve more complicated problems.

Cons

1. Sometimes when you search a persons name they are not the first (or even among the first) people to show up. Even if their name is spelled correctly, for some reason other names come up, its weird. 2. When you enter the name, date, ss#, etc. in a search, then use that information to start a new account, some of the information you inputted into the search doesn't automatically populate on the fields for making a new account.

Great Software and the Awesome Price is a BONUS

Overall experience... GREAT! Excellent tech support. The website rarely gets disrupted. Easy to use. AWESOME

Pros

this software is NUMBER 1 in user friendliness. That is what I like most about this software. The reporting functionality is also pretty excellent. On top of that, there's the HIPPA compliance aspect. You put all of this together, and this is probably the single most useful database for non-profits.

Cons

I don't think I dislike anything about this software. If I were to ask for one thing to be changed, it would be to be able to set reminders in the future for follow-up outside of the goals section of the database

It is God-given for our ministry--Next Steps--because in Outcomes we track goals and next steps.

In Outcomes, we track the goals and next steps of the people we help.

Pros

Outcomes allows us to track goals and next steps of the people we serve. Everything is easy to access and fast. It is succinct. Having a photograph is very helpful. We appreciate that it is password protected. The email five days before a next step is due is very helpful. We like being able to limit some Notes just to our organization. It is free because Trident United Way pays for us to use Charity Tracker Plus. We have about 100 users.

Cons

The reports section is very complicated and we don't think it helps us measure progress in Outcomes and relate Outcomes variables to other variables such as those in personal Data.

I use Charity Tracker everyday in my case management job and I love how easy it is to use.

I get the benefits of case history and case management. I also get the benefits of having a better idea of the types of clients I serve and what services are most used. Based on this information I can tailor programs and services to make sure I'm being an effective service provider to help the most clients. I also get the benefit of training and great customer service when and if I have a problem.

Pros

The functionality is so easy. Its always up-to-date. System manipulation makes me efficient and keeps my funders happy. I love being able to generate reports right on the screen. It really does help me do my job that much better.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the system is the search feature is so matter of fact. I wish it had a built in smart system like google.

We really like the software. It is easy to use and understand.

The ability to track our benevolence help we provide to the community. We need to keep accurate records of who we help and how we helped them in order to be good stewards of the funds we have available.

Pros

Ease of use. Search capability is great. Being able to access the data away from the office and also update it makes it great for our needs. We entered all of our case history into the program and use it exclusively for our benevolence tracking needs at church. We like it so much we have two accounts. One for our own church records and also belong to the local group.

Cons

I could see where a little more customization would help us. Customer service was able to help meet most of our needs and made some changes for us.

Charity Tracker has been perfect for our organization. Right functionality and right price!

We got a case management system that was managed in the cloud, at a price point we could afford. This system is the foundation of how we manage our foundation's business of giving out grants.

Pros

The ease of use and the price. I was able to train my fellow board members easily and get them up to speed quickly. Also, the price is scalable and affordable for our organization. We are 100% volunteer, so we don't spend money easily, but it has been a great investment for us.

Cons

There are a few modifications that I would like for us to have, but I don't want to get the software customized as it won't be easily upgradeable. Also, the reports are not quite as easy as I would like, so we don't use them as much as we could.

The site seems to be up almost all of the time. I haven't run into any software glitches.

More information about the clients that are asking for help as well as the clients we have helped.

Pros

Having it available 24/7 and having it available on phones as well as computer. Being able to track clients across conferences boundaries. Being able to make notes for the next time a client calls. Being able to see what client other volunteers are helping. Getting reports on what we have done during a month for bulletin notices (letting our donors know where there money is going).

Cons

I would like more explanation about the meaning of fields in the report. For example there is field that is called Total Assistance but it isn't the total of the dollars spent so what is it?

Charity Tracker Review

Charity tracker helps with knowing what kinds of assistance your client has used in the past and whether or not you could provide services that would benefit them more. It solves the problem of chronic assistance which helps your business save time and money.

Pros

ease of use and information quality.It can give you other resources in the community that you may not have otherwise been aware of.

Cons

having to put in same info for minor children that is not needed since most children are not employed.Most children live at home with parent so it is time consuming to put in all the same info as you do the parent.

Best Database for Our needs

CT is extremely useful in sharing information from church to church. Helps us keep track of what agencies are doing to assist and community.

Pros

Charity Tracker is very user friendly. I am the CT Administrator for our Network. I love training our members on the basics and having them share with me other ways they have found to use the database for their specific needs. The reports are awesome and so useful in reporting back to the agencies how their resources are being used. We are eventually looking to expand into other features.

Cons

Cant think of anything I am displeased with. Regret more people are not inputting their info.

Charity Tracker has done everything it promised and more.

We are able to help more people because we are able to see at a glance the needs our clients have. And, we get to see who helped them and what they helped them with.

Pros

It is very user friendly. We can communicate without getting bogged down with the details. They are already available. Other agencies can benefit from the information we receive on our clients. It's not just a weeding out process but it is a better way to help those in our community.

Cons

When only a few agencies are actually entering data on Charity Tracker. Sometimes putting all the information on CT is time consuming. Maybe a QR code segment where agencies can take a simple application and load it onto CT.

I like the ease of the use of charity tracker. It is a great system that keeps client's notes.

Pros

I like that you can attached items and connect across client files. I like the assistance tracking. It is easy to record notes.

Cons

I wish there was a way to keep track on how much the assistance the client has. Like a checking account. This would allow us to us the barcode system with our food pantry without clients going into negative if they do not have the money there. We give our clients factory dollars that they can use for our food pantry. While we record the amount we give them, there is no way to record that they have...

We love Charity Tracker!

We can create reports and collect statistics that are vital to our grant writing and various reports that we make to donors. We input client information daily. It really helps us to work with other nonprofits in our service area because we can easily access information about our mutual clients.

Pros

We can easily track the assistance our clients receive from us and all the other nonprofit users. This allows us to make sure that our clients are not "double dipping" and it also allows us to make sure that clients are receiving all the resources they need.

Cons

Sometimes it is slow pulling up the information I need. Not terribly slow, but I have zero patience.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.