Church Windows Reviews - Page 2

What would I do without Church Windows

I was kind of "thrown into" Church Windows with only rudimentary training. I had never functioned as a Treasurer before, my business experience was not in accounting, though I do have an understanding of the subject. As the past year and a half have gone by, I have discovered more and more of Church Window's capabilities and It has allowed me to make my work as Treasurer more meaningful to the Church officials. I wouldn't trade Church Windows for any other accounting software.

Pros

The Church Windows Support Staff. The Support Staff can help you with any issues or problems that you have. They are very responsive and I've yet to have an issue that they can't help me resolve. My Church pays for the Standard Support, but I throw in the extra for the Premium Support, and feel that it is very much worth it. Whenever I can, I also "attend" the Webinars that the Support Staff give, and I always learn something.

Cons

I can't think of anything. Every function seems to be useful and easy to understand.

Carl, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Great for any church

I highly recommend this software. It is easy for those who are not familiar with church reporting or IRS guidelines. For those who have been reporting for years, you will LOVE IT!! I have recommended this to other churches in my conference and I know some who now have it and love using it too.

Pros

This software is user friendly, easy to explain and easy to manipulate. You can allow multiple users but can control who has access to what files you choose. Very useful when preparing reports for end of year and statistical reports for conference and district use. The payroll module is the best. It does all the work for you in tax tables.

Cons

I wish the user had better ability to manipulate the membership section of the software. It has definitely improved since I started using this ten years ago.

Dawn, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Great product!

We have had very good experiences with Church Windows. When new people start learning it, they watch the videos or call for support and are helped. Everyone is very friendly in the support department.

Pros

I have found most of the features easy to use. Occasionally, I have trouble getting a report with only the information I need to print, wish that were easier. Other than that, I have not had a problem in the 6+ years we have been using Church Windows. This software will do many things that I haven't even thought about.

Cons

When paying the bills, when I add a comment I wish it would automatically print on the check stub, rather than having to append it on each check (which I forget to do most of the time...). If I take time to add a comment then I probably want it on the stub or report.

Ellen, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Could not live without it!

Every single time I have ever called your offices, I get a call back within a few hours - often times sooner. And every person I have ever spoke with is knowledgeable and can answer my questions in a way that I understand where I made an error. We pay for remote access, so worth it! Nice to know CW staff will remotely get on and see exactly what I am talking about and make the "fix".

Pros

I like the accounting module since that is what I use the most. I also like the membership directory portion that you can print out with specific information such as deacon code. Makes it easy to give to each deacon.

Cons

If you are a new user to an area such as membership, it's hard to figure things out on your own. But thankfully in the office here more than one person uses each area so they can ask questions to us and we can direct them.

Micki, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows, what I think?

I have worked on Church Windows for almost 20 years now. I have seen many changes, many updates and a few conversions. Church Windows is always working on making their software better. They listen to their customers and try to improve. I think it is pretty user friendly and their training seminars/webinars are excellent. Support is very important to me and they are by far the best support system I have every had the pleasure of working with.

Pros

Church Windows can pretty much do anything I want it to do and more. I love being able to export any of the information in to a different format report. (i.e. one that most everyone if use to like Excel) I like that the software ranges for the financial, accounting side to the membership. There is so much that this software can do.

Cons

Sometimes there are many steps to get something done.

church windows review

Pros

They update new updates into it all the time, keeping up with the church's needs. We are encouraged to give our ideas on what works best for us.

Cons

I like a user-friendly software and this is really not that. Now, once you've worked on it a while, it's ok after you learn where the functions of the software are hidden. I think sometimes they need a 'user' to go help them write new programs since we are the ones working on it. Sometimes what makes sense to us who use it every day, may be programmed differently by someone who doesn't use it on a daily basis. I've worked on Ch. Win for 14 years and still have to reprogramme myself when they do an update to search to where they have moved stuff that I use daily...but I evently get there.

Cindy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Strengths & Weaknesses

Pros

The software was the best designed for church finances and was mostly usable for me when we were using the version that was on our office computers. The company is very responsive when we call with a question. I particularly like the feature that addresses and other information that is updated in the membership module is transferred across the other modules, i.e. accounting, statements, etc.

Cons

Because of security concerns, the New Visions Community decided that we should subscribe to the cloud version of Church Windows. But when we got it set up, I discovered that my screen reader software, (I am blind) could not "read" the material through the citrix or vos portals. Also the query feature for creating reports is difficult to understand and the manual is not updated at the same time that a new version is sent to update the software. It is not easy to teach or do.

Susan, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. We are doing everything humanly possible to ensure the Church Windows Help files are updated before a new version is released with changes and new features. If you find a Help page is not updated, please let us know so as to fix the problem in the next release. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Specific

My overall experience has been positive. I have yet after 10 years of working with Church Windows found any area lacking in the support that the church needs and utilizes.

Pros

It tracks all transactions with simple entry. I don't have to keep up with all the new taxes because the updates keeps current with any changes. It produces all reports that a company may need and if you need to personalize the report and can't figure it out on your own the technical support team responds promptly to assist. I can't praise the support team enough. They have been priceless to me.

Cons

I am not sure that I have any dislike of this software. My only problem is me and not learning like I should on how to use it although the company offers seminars all of the time.

Diane, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Easy to use, mostly

The software we used in the past was more for a business with purchase orders, and outside contractors, among many other things, but not really for a church or non-profit. This software has been like night and day. Much easier to keep track of things. Bank recs are very easy. It has helped eliminate the need for multiple spreadsheets that were used in conjunction with the old software. Easier for parishioners to read and keep up with the church finances too, even without a financial background.

Pros

This software is easy to use. It was an easy transition from our old software, and has been easy for all users to learn. I like how all of the modules (membership, donations, accounting, payroll) all work together. It makes everything much more streamlined. It took awhile to figure out, but the donation statements turned out well. Setup took a little while to get what we were looking for, but in the end, are very professional looking.

Cons

There was a learning curve with the setup. Over the years, we have had to reconfigure parts of how we originally had set up some of the sub-funds and so on, but now we have it figured out, with the help of customer service.

Lindsay, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows and Me

It fits well with the recording of money, budgeting and reporting. The developed Chart of Accounts causes me to create many Journal Entries.

Pros

I handle the contributions module, accounting module , and back-ups of the software. The pre-filled data entries are handy to use. The software has much built into it, that is not used by us. Reports are generated that answer inquires. The work gets done in a timely manner. The more experience with the software, the more intuitive it becomes.

Cons

Many radio buttons and drop down lists alter the reporting results dramatically. Church Windows versions change often, but luckily, are not mandatory to install. Sometimes, though, upon installation, the software works better with the operating system.

Emilia, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows Software

Payroll is the most user friendly and I am still learning new things on all of the other parts of CW. Overall I believe you all are doing a good job and am impressed with the willingness to hear feedback and working improvements from it.

Pros

Customer Service and ease of remote access.

Cons

They way you build reports should be simplified. It seems like you have to rename each report. It gets confusing for some of the people your working with. It would be nice to have a 3-5 day hands on training secession at least once or twice a year in a central location in or around Arkansas. It would make it easier to learn for those of us whom have busy offices with lots of distractions interfering with the webinars and going online afterwards and not being able to ask questions.

Karen, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Membership Module

I did not have access to the other system at the church nor could I get access to it for some reason. I needed a system that I could use to do my job. A friend of mine had used Church Windows at another church and gave me the heads up. It has been a huge help.

Pros

This is the only module we have at this time. It has lots of features that allow me to customize reports and data that I need to help my co-workers out. It is very easy to use. The webinars are amazing and since they are recorded, you can go back and re-watch if you need a refresher. Everytime I have called in or emailed a question I get prompt and helpful feedback. They will even right down your request for the developers if what you are looking for is not possible at this time. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Thanks for making my workday so much easier! I also like the ability to only purchase the modules you need. No wasting money.

Cons

The beginning was a bit rough. The migration of data was a bit rough. Some things did not migrate well. Since then all good. I started using Church Windows Membership in 2008.

Cheryl, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows Software Review

We are handling all of our contributions, membership and accounting needs with this software. I encountered some trouble when switching over to allowing electronic giving. I worked with an outside firm started by a former Church Windows employee, and she helped me set up procedures to follow. That was invaluable.

Pros

I like the fact that it's relatively easy to use and has everything you need combined together. It's very inexpensive compared to other financial software programs we reviewed. Updates are easy to install. There are always changes being made to improve it.

Cons

The accounting program needs to have some of the same features that the donations program has for easier data entry and search ability. Some of the features can be hard to use and a bit cumbersome.

Suzanne, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Data Management for Churches

The ability to do all the church's business in one software program has made my job so much more efficient!

Pros

Customer support is number one! In Columbus, Ohio, easy to contact, easy to understand, always has an answer for a problem, you can suggest changes to the software. Hands down, best customer support. Love that everything is done in one application. Donations are easily transferred into accounting. Entering bills, tracking bills, paying bills super easy. We also use the payroll portion and it has made payroll a breeze. Tracking attendance, membership, groups/classes is all done with great ease.

Cons

You have to have an understanding how to set up a proper query to run reports in the membership portion of the software.

Paige, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows user since 2008

Overall, we are very satisfied with Church Windows Software and would recommend it to other churches.

Pros

Church Windows is everything our church needs in a church membership database. We use the donations module to record the giving of our congregation. Additionally, we are able to print mailing labels for committees and events, print photo directories in-house, and generate reports to help us gather annual statistical information and attendance information. When needed, customer support is prompt and helpful, and the annual fee for support is reasonable.

Cons

Occasionally we have difficulty getting what we want from a report. It is challenging to figure out why and what is missing to get the reporting results we desire.

Linda, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

2018 Review

Pros

I like the fact that everything is linked and I can do everything from attendance to payroll. I also like that it is continually being updated and problems fixed. Customer support is wonderful. I usually contact them through email and they respond quickly. When I've called them on the phone, that goes well also. They will even take a copy of our data and find the fix for those problems that I just can't explain to them.

Cons

Whenever there is a major program change, it takes a little time to figure out how to find some of the things that are so automatic to use. But even that doesn't take a lot of effort to figure out. The changes have been pretty seamless, but there is always that learning curve.

Cindy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Best I have found

I have been working at my job for the last year using Church Windows. I was asked to look around to find a better software as soon as I had the time. But after shopping around and comparing other programs, I convinced them to stay with Church Windows and just switch it to the cloud. I love the tech support, and I love how easy it is to figure out. Over all, after shopping around for other programs, I can honestly say this program is perfect for us.

Pros

Church Windows has amazing tech support, and is perfect for what our church fund accounting! So easy to use and has every module we need. I also love the way the reports look!

Cons

When we transferred our Church Windows to the cloud based option, I noticed a lot of lagging. Where I used to be able to work quickly, I now have to go slower to allow the system to keep up.

Bonny, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Working with Donations & Finance

Pros

I like the Button Access. I like the Reconciliation for Bank Accts it's quick & having a Charge journal entry tab to use for balancing if needed.

Cons

I don't like all the tabs on reports (Donations) & all the choices on each tab. If I want to just run a quick report I have to go thru each to be sure I have the correct info. Same for Statement building. Find it's more complicated then what we need. In Finance Subtotal & Custom Groups is still confusing & I have used this for years. Going into Browse to a correct an entry posted in Finance does not always correct the entry & I have had to get further instruction on how to finalize the correction. I wish there was one less entry to do when Entering & Paying bills.

Sandee, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

May 2019

We had an antiquated software package prior to Church Windows and the data which we can now maintain and the unlimited reports that we can achieve with it is 110% better than where we were.

Pros

The flexibility of using the data to make reports is unending ie. if you can think of something you want to know, you can make a report for that!

Cons

Support for the program is essential and has a cost each year, which also includes program software updates. Our company was not used to having an annual cost for software and they are still adjusting to it. Also, the company is very good about calling back if you have a question but sometimes you have to wait for possibly 30 minutes and in our day and age of immediate answers, sometimes this seems like a long time.

Joy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows -- Should You Use It?

Generally speaking, I appreciate the Church Windows software to help me maintain the church records.

Pros

Two things: 1. Somebody has already thought-through the kinds of data that the average church will need to maintain records in a digital format. 2. Support is fantastic when you run into a problem. Staff is quick to respond and (if you have the purchased the right level of support) you can count on them taking control of your computer and fixing whatever you may have messed-up. Also, a someone who is not particularly adept at using databases, creating readable reports can be difficult. Need easy-to-understand/follow directions would be helpful.

Cons

Sometimes updates to the software don't provide much of a warning that something has changed in the way you use the software. If you do not have a lot of time to sit through a webinar covering the changes, you have to struggle through to figure out the changes. Also, i have experienced difficulty using the YouTube tutorials to fix a particular problem. (This may be my problem, myt Church Windows' problem.)

Daniel, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Easy Use Church Windows

We use the payroll and does everything you need wed including figuring out the 941. We post our donations, and do all our other booking keeping, and we produce all our reports for meeting.

Pros

I have used church windows about 22 years. It self explanatory and everything you need for church booking is there. Reports are easy to print up for committees. Support is always there when kn you need them. It also has a easy way to browse entries it you need to check on previous invoices and payments. Payroll is also very easy to use.

Cons

If you have to correct a donation you basically have a lot if steps and cannot correct by using the browse Sections and you also have to remember to go back and transfer again.

Pamela, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Fantastic Product

As I said earlier, when I first started using the Church Windows software at my church it was because our Secretary had left and we needed someone to fill in until someone could be hired. I knew nothing about this software and was able to sit down and start entering information onto the screens with no former knowledge.

Pros

Church Windows is easy to use, understand and navigate. Clear choices on screens which are easy to read and understand. Even if you have never used this software before, you could easily understand and start using any of the actions be it in the accounting, donations, membership or any module. Also help is a phone call away if you need additional help or make a mistake.

Cons

Nothing, Church Windows software is top of the line.

Cathie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Difficulty Converting to Church Windows

I would not recommend this system for someone who is not knowledgeable in terms of accounting systems. The biggest issue, in my mind, is the way the donation module has to tie into the accounting system. In other words the total donations for a week must be exactly what is deposited in the bank. This my be great from an audit perspective, but it makes for difficulty on a weekly basis. The support is excellent and the Church Windows staff patiently answer my questions.

Pros

I like the features of Church Windows but the fact that the donations and accounting are integrated make it difficult to utilize on a weekly basis.

Cons

We are currently using a spread sheet program to record donations and are using Money Counts for our accounting system. The membership and donations modules were fairly easy to implement but the accounting system is more difficult. We have spent two years implementing the accounting system and are not finished.

Jerry, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows Review

Church windows has helped with Budgeting for our church. I can keep better track of donations and comparison reports are extremely helpful. They let us know if their is a slow down of donations or an increase in expenses, this helps us deal with these issues in a timely manner.

Pros

I like how each part (Accounting, Payroll, Donations, Members) are all linked together. You can post in one and the program transfers to the needed places. It is easy to use. I also love that if I have a problem or a question, I can call support and have an answer within a reasonable amount of time. Support also has a lot of patience when it has taken me a while to comprehend.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don't like about this software.

Karen, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

A Church Windows Review

Pros

What I like most about Church Windows is its visual layout -- how it uses icons/pictures in the center of the screen and along the top to display the features available. It is very user friendly! I also love the ease of receiving support from the call center and its helpful, friendly staff.

Cons

What I like least about this software is a few of its search limitations. For example, in the Accounting module when looking for a paid invoice from a prior year, you must first go into the browse feature for each particular year and search paid invoices. It would be great if it could be displayed in one list and on one screen without having to perform a separate search for each year.

Nadine, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows