Church Windows Reviews - Page 3

Excellent product, excellent customer service.

The previous Treasurer was using Excel which I felt was inadequate. I was in search of a computer program to replace Excel and found Church Windows online. It has made this job enjoyable.

Pros

This software has taken a difficult job and made it easy. I have Membership, Donations, Accounting & Payroll modules. They interact smoothly. Popups guide you at different crucial steps. Reports are easy to compose for different needs. In Donations, accounts can be set up for transfer to matching accounts in the Accounting module. Payroll is very easy to use. Once the employee's data has been set, it is simple to calculate a payroll. The module does all the work and the Popups are the to guide. It prints off tax forms needed. It's dependable and if I ever have a problem, Customer Service will return my call within a few hours with knowledgeable staff to resolve my issue.

Cons

My only difficulty has been with Membership, but I attribute that to lack of use on my part. They have a tutorial I need to watch which would solve that.

Robin, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows Software

The overall expeience is very positive. I'm able to enter weekly donations and member information easily and quickly.

Pros

I like the ease of entering contributions. This part of the software is very user friendly. I used to have more problems with it but updates have improved the program.

Cons

I have a very hard time finding terminated members. There are times that I need information about the member and I either can't find them or it takes a very long time to access the information. The report feature sometimes is very frustrating, trying to find the right fields to use to get the information I'm looking for.

Carol, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please call Church Windows Support if you need help with using any part of Church Windows. Our techs are always happy to help. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

St. Mark's UMC review of Church Windows by Brenda Moffett

Pros

Well, since I have been using this software for more than fifteen years, I have to say that the quality of service is great. The software for Methodist Churches is just what I have needed and they are great with updates. The online training is also a good tool. Because of my age, I think I like the same old stuff but I still like the updates and know why they are needed.

Cons

I still don't like the form/report builder. Probably someone with graphics background loves this and I am able to build the forms/reports like I need them but I liked the old forms/reports just fine. I really don't take the time to make new reports but I do see the need to change somethings.

Brenda, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Happy Church Windows User!

When I first began using the software I was unsure of it. But as time went along with the assistance of the support staff I have grown to understand how to process my entries. It has been very easy to provide most of the information I have been asked for. The staff is more than willing to accept suggestions for future implementation.

Pros

I love the way it tracks various funds. Processing payroll is a breeze!

Cons

In the beginning, I had some difficulties as I was a long time Quickbooks user. Getting to a specific entry takes a few more steps than I would like, but it is something that is easy to overcome. If I ever have an issue or question, the support staff is wonderful to work with. they don't make me fell like I should already know the answer.

Barbara, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Superior Support Makes it all Possible

The phone support (and other support) is crucial and wonderful. The on line support is always available and easy to hunt down. The phone support is always courteous, competent, and efficient. Sometimes the CW assistant will start my solution before I finish the question because they have handled the same problem so many times. But they also listen very carefully and ask directing questions when your problem is a bit more complex. They never waste your time. They are the best phone support I have ever received.

Pros

The software is very thorough and keeps checks on any mistakes made once you learn the ropes. Archived records are often helpful in researching a historical question.

Cons

It is complex and professional grade. I am not a professional accountant nor trained bookkeeper.

Thomas, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Best of many softwares for churches

Like it very much. The techs are nice and knowledgeable. I researched church software and changed to Church Windows at my church. Also, have used many other church and general software systems as a Church Accounting Consultant. I still like this the best.

Pros

Contribution entry is integrated with the general ledger system for donations. Reports are clear and customizable. The church leadership is happy with them for making decisions. User friendly. Easy to learn.

Cons

Bank reconciliation reports do not show the transactions cleared, only the outstanding transactions. After setting up custom groups, it is hard to remember to add new accounts to the group. An option to do so when setting up the new account would be nice.

Linda, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows for Donations and Membership

All of our contributions are reported through church windows and we send statements multiple times per year. I love that I can easily (very easily) go to previous year information for both giving and pledges. We also use the membership function to keep our membership database up to date, record attendance for worship and other events and all of our teams and groups. The options are endless.

Pros

It is user friendly. We often have volunteers doing some of our membership database entering and therefore need to train on a regular basis. It is easy to teach and the video trainings are very helpful.

Cons

The reporting functions are difficult in my opinion. I often can't get exactly what I want. I also wish it was easier to 'find' terminated people.

Nancy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

I'm pretty happy.

I am certainly not an up to date user but I am a very experienced user. I do work for my current church and former church, and to some degree use Church Windows for both. I recommended it to my newer church and we are planning on using it more next year. I may or may not be involved. I've been using their programs for decades (Hmm and the Financial program I am still using is probably a decade out of date. So I still need to learn the new programs but that's NOT because they are making it difficult to do so. I just haven't taken advantage of the many opportunities I had to update. (If it a'int broke - don't fix it!)

Pros

Flexibility. Suitability to my needs. Ease of entry. Friendliness of support staff.

Cons

Inability to copy entries from one space to others or many spaces. (Copy and paste?)

Maggie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Fully Automated Church Finances

Member management, all revenue and expense oversight.

Pros

The modular approach to managing members, donations, and treasurer functions. Underlying database is easy to use and provides integrated approach to managing church business. We where manually managing all information in a small church. This software uses a workflow approach of creating records for church members, tracking information to include output for labels and mailing. Donations...

Cons

No support for VPN that we understand. Thus, the software runs on a single laptop. We got around this by backing up to the cloud, then restore to another laptop as the software does support multiple installations.

George,,Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church User Review

Using Church Windows software has cut down the time involved in keeping financial records for the church. I can easily access various accounting and payroll reports. I have been using Church Windows for over 10 years and find that the various modules are helpful in keeping accurate church records for membership, contributions, payroll and accounting.

Pros

I like being able to make entries to pay bills and having the software take me through all the steps involved in making the correct entries in the accounting software. It is quite easy to print checks so that I do not have to hand write checks as was done before we installed this software.

Cons

I cannot print 1099 tax forms that align properly with the actual government form.

Christine, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

More than a decade with Church Windows!

When asked by the Council Treasurer for a particular piece of data, I have always been able to put together an appropriate report. Feeling confident when using software makes a huge difference in your overall positive outlook on performing the job at hand.

Pros

I am able to perform all church office business in this one software product. Payroll through membership data and everything in between is at my fingertips.

Cons

I am not always happy with the upgrades. Part of that is just human nature, but sometimes I feel that "improvements" do not make my job easier. However, the technical support is fabulous. They are quick to respond and have ALWAYS resolved my problem without making me feel foolish for asking the question.

Mary Lou, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Easy and simple to use

Pros

We have used this program for 15+ years and it has improved over the year and made doing daily bill paying, membership, payroll, etc. so easy. Updates are done regularly and easy to install and maintain.

Cons

Some of the updates made some features a little more difficult to maneuver. We are a small church and some of the extra components did not directly affect our use, but made some of our more simple tasks a little harder, i.e. some of the queries being built from scratch, and the directory building was confusing. I think a basic template could have been set up and churches could add to it rather than having to build the entire thing from scratch.

Cathy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

I love Church Windows

My experience with the system has been a very good one. My experience with technical support has been excellent. I would recommend this to any church and in fact I have done just that by recommending Church Windows to a church in our town who now uses the system. Fund accounting is the way to go for a church.

Pros

I have now worked with Church Windows for 18 years. I also brought Church Windows to another church to replace their outdated financial and membership data. I love that it is constantly improved and updated. I love the ease of use. I love how all modules are integrated and that payroll is also integrated.

Cons

There is nothing I can say about Church Windows that I find to be a con. There are no cons.

Julie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

A Church Management System For You

I'm able to enter data and keep track of individuals, attendance, and events.

Pros

There are features that I am really learning to enjoy: things like how the family is set up and the points of data for each individual person. Having a tab for "make family inactive" is useful, as well as being able to hit that again when the family returns to church. There are many reports with valuable information and the church directory is especially detailed.

Cons

Creating a unique template for a giving statement has been tricky, as well as finding where it is for the next time I need it. Entering contributions has been a learning curve when we upgraded Church Windows.

Kelly, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

We love this company

Although I am not trained on the Accounting module of Church Windows, the integration of the different areas makes it easy to find needed information. We have been with Church Windows for many years and have had nothing but positive experiences with the company.

Pros

This software has all the pieces of other software but they do not have the superb response of Church Windows. Any problem I have ever had has been answered within 20 minutes with clarity and patience. I especially like the 20-minute on-line workshops. They are interactive, concise and extremely helpful.

Cons

I suppose the thing I like least is that the software does not enter the information automatically when the data is placed on my desk.

Church Windows Approval Review

After my first year working in church Windows my accounting was only .40 off due to an interest adjustment. I had only worked in one other program before church Windows. With this said, I can safely say that church Windows is easy to learn.

Pros

This software is designed for all users. Everything is easy to understand and all of the functions work well.

Cons

Two improvements would help: 1. Make bank reconciliation keep track of check numbers. This will leave less room for error. 2. When setting up new accounts it would help if Church Windows would recognize the account name and carry it over into the income and expense set up function.

Norma, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

GOOD CHURCH SOFTWARE PROGRAM

Pros

Basically, everything is in one place. We added the payroll module to get everything the Church needs. There is a wide variety or reports available that seem to cover all the needs. The customer support has always been fast and efficient.

Cons

As an accountant, I would prefer a more debit/credit based system. However, the vast majority of users will do better with the program as it is written. It helps to go through their manuals when beginning with the program to help learn the intricacies of the software. The payroll software needs some upgrading with the tax forms and current requirements of both the IRS and our state of Georgia.

Jan, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Great church management software

Pros

Church Windows is very user friendly. Our church has been using it for 19 years. Over that time period, we have seen many changes, but they were all changes that has made the software so easy to use, based on customer feedback. We can customize almost any report that we need. Not only is the software easy to use, but the customer service of Church Windows is fantastic. They have webinars and training videos that are very helpful. In addition, if you call or send a support request, they are very prompt in getting back to you.

Cons

I really cannot think of anything that I would change. Our church is very happy with Church Windows.

Lora, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows Review

We have had to make our way through the learning process. We were expecting some functions to work like our previous program, but found that we had to take extra steps to get the results that we needed. But it is meeting our current need and the cost is economical for a non-profit : )

Pros

Some data entry is easy - although there is repetitiveness required with each entry. Also really like that we can correct errors without having to make added entries. The customer service has been great when it is needed.

Cons

Adding comments and descriptions for invoices is complicated with having to check certain boxes, enter info in one place and then another place, and then added steps to figure out what will show on the check, the check stub, the reports for leaders, etc. The way that vendors are handled in the system feels clumsy and it creates added data entry because when running reports for the teams in order to get the vendor name to show up in reports we have to type it in the description. Feels like an unnecessary extra step.

Fochs, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows

This is actually the only church software I have ever used, so I don't have a qualified opinion of other programs to compare it to Church Windows. I love CW though and the information it provides and the maintenance of our membership database, financials, and donations.

Pros

Church WIndows is great with having several modules that we use all in one software package. And it has so many reports and features, I am probably not using nearly all I could be, but it is what makes our office function.

Cons

Some of the reports/labels features are not user friendly. I hate to have to create a new label in this program.

Sherri, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please call support, or visit the Support Center page at our website for help producing labels. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Accounting

Pros

Works well with donation and accounting compatibility

Cons

Membership updates challenging and have noticed on some help calls that the help people seem a bit condescending.

Lori, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Great Customer Support

No training from an experienced user made this a little difficult to learn but with time I have come to understand and appreciate the abilities it provides to track our membership and finances. I rarely have to call the customer support but they are always helpful and quickly resolve my issue or instruct me on how to correct my problem.

Pros

Ease of Invoice processing Custom groups allow creation of easy contact lists Membership module easy to track attendance, visits from staff, group participation

Cons

Membership and visitors in separate modules is annoying.

Mindy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. It sounds like you may not be running a recent version of Church Windows. In the recent versions, Members and Visitors are in the same database. Please contact us if you have questions. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows Components

The utilization of church windows several years ago has greatly reduced time spent handing the church’s finances

Pros

The ability to set up accounts and payees for future use greatly speeds up Inputting and paying bills. The ability to establish report formats greatly enhances the ease in providing data for review by committees The ability to establish accounts for members and differentiate the kind of giving they are making Is Very valuable in providing feedback to those making donations Issues are readily resolved by the Technical Support team

Cons

While there is considerable online help It is still necessary to periodically contact Technical Support

Malcolm, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

CW Software Review

The value for this software is outstanding. The payroll system takes into account the pastor requirements and transfers everything over to payroll. I can find information easily in all modules--even for years past--should an issue ever come up. 1099 reporting is easy; W-2s are easy.

Pros

I like the integration of all the modules, i.e., accounting, donations, payroll, and membership. I like how you have worked with VANCO to download online giving directly into the database eliminating data entry. The software is easy to use and learn.

Cons

The reports--they are more difficult for me than I would like. I learned before how to custom write reports but certainly have forgotten it all.

Linda, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows! the Webinars Help!

It has been a learning experience, because you are constanty learning. As new programmers change how the information is entered and seen, you have to add on to your prior knowledge and go from there. But customer service is great.

Pros

It is a basic database for information about your church members and visitors. It can mail merge and export files to different programs. Access to information can be customized as you like it, with whatever info you need that is saved for your members or visitors.

Cons

It is a database so it only has the information that you put in. The program must be updated as new versions are released, which can make your old forms obsolete. Very expensive!!!

Sandra, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support