Church Windows Reviews - Page 5

Church Windows Software

My overall experience with Church Windows involves managing two separate accounts, entering and paying bills, posting journal entries, entering deposits, printing monthly reports such as the Balance Sheet, All Funds Report, Treasurer's Report, and reconciling the two accounts. Additionally, I process payroll through Church Windows payroll, file 941, and process payroll tax payments.

Pros

Efficiency is what I like most about the software. The Church Windows Support Team is excellent and respond quickly when calls are made to them and assistance is needed.

Cons

My lack of knowledge in utilizing all aspects of the software to its fullest potential.

Tyanna, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Layman (Secretary, not accountant) Review

When I took this position I had to totally revamp Church Windows for our church and because of the way Church Windows software is set up, it was much less confusing than it might have been with another program.

Pros

When I need help, the help function is simple to understand, which is great. I also like that it is linked to payroll. The manuals for the latest version of 20.17 have been invaluable. And I appreciate the monthly tutorials that are offered. I am glad I can set up a new chart of accounts while I am using the old one.

Cons

There are a couple of accounting-savvy actions that a non-accountant has to adjust to (ex. double-entry account system). It helped a great deal for me to have the training manuals purchased, printed, and kept close at hand.

Robin, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows

Church Windows is a positive for keeping up with our member records and makes it easy to find information on any member very quickly when needed. The donation module is useful and is easily navigated.

Pros

One of the best features of this software is and has always been their customer service. They return calls in a timely manner and will work with you until the problem is solved.

Cons

Some of the updates/changes have made report writing a little difficult. What was once an easy process seems to take more steps and is not quite as easy to write. The set-up of the membership page changed and is not as easy to navigate.

Karen, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Long time satisfied customer

We have improved our systems in all areas by using associated programs for membership, donations and accounting. We are very happy with our relationship with Computer Helper, and plan to remain customers indefinitely.

Pros

Regular updates to deal with issues and improvements. The support system is friendly and responds in a timely manner.

Cons

It's not easy to come up with something really... I suppose it would be sometimes having to jump between various reports in Accounting to collect all the information needed about a particular check. When the time comes for an updated version of Payroll, that will be a big plus.

Kent,, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

really good software

Church windows software is really easy to use and really stable application on our environment. so far we have not had any issues and the software does what is suppose to.

Pros

I work with church windows almost every day we host church windows to our clients and the software is really easy to use and when our clients call for issues its more like they have user use error but its really simple to explain the software to them. and as far as I know the software is really stable and I haven't had no issues since I been working with it for the pass two years.

Cons

so far I cannot say I have anything bad to say about the software it does what is advertise and our clients have no issues and when they do and contact church windows support they get the assistance right away and they solve the problems in no time. and I have not encounter any major issues at all.

For beginners

My overall experience has been great!

Pros

When I first started using the program, I have never really used a computer. It was an experience I thought I would never be able to learn. Boy, was I wrong. The First mistake I made was easily fixed by using the index in the help center. It walked me thru the whole process step by step. I love it! I still make mistakes but not as many. When I'm stuck, I go to help center and viola, I find what I'm looking for and mistake is fixed. It's a simple program for beginners and pros. Glad my Church purchased the program. It's better than writing everything out on paper. Also, when I first started, I called tech support and he walked me thru the program and was very understanding of my computer knowledge, which was nil, and very patient with me.

Cons

I haven't found a fault to it yet. I only use the donation and membership portion of program.

Linda, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

I've used Church windows for over 11 years and with two different churches, Prior to that I was in banking/accounting for over 20 years. I have always found it very easy to use especially the Donations and Accounting modules.

Pros

It's fairly intuitive. If you have used other software and financial programs it's fairly easy to get used to. Also like the new dashboard options for running specialized reports, but still getting my feet wet in this area.

Cons

It was the membership module, although there have been great improvements in that with the last several updates/versions. Still have some way to go.

Belinda, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Positive

I've really had no real problems in the 12 years I've been church secretary.

Pros

It is very functional, for the most part easy to extract information needed. But, again, unless you take hours to understand all the changes and what each tab can do for you - - there must be a way to tailor them to what is unique to each church. Some day, I'll take the time.

Cons

This latest version format it not as easy as in the past. I have not had the time to fully absorb the fields and/or create/delete the fields pertinent to our Church. There are too many drop boxes, tabs, etc.

Diane, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Treasurer

As I said before this takes care of handwritten accounting and is much more accurate than any other method. It is quick and easy to use for any financial reporting that I have to do.

Pros

It is easy to use and is an easy way to keep statistics that are needed instead of putting them on paper.

Cons

It does not do everything that I would like for it to do. My biggest fault with it is that if you do not have any balance in the fund you cannot print a fund report, it has to be a list chart of accounts. Wish there was a fund report like all the others so there would not be such a big amount of categories.

Marianne, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Administrative Sec/y at Lake Street UMC

Does a great job with our database.

Pros

When we first reviewed 17 different packages in 1998 and 1999, Church Windows was by far the easiest to use and the value was right there. Have been a fan of the program ever since. The areas for the support package and help topics are great and even tho' I don't get to do the webinars that often the fact that they are available later is very helpful.

Cons

Once in a while when the new upgrades come about and haven't had time to review the webinars, it is tricky getting around to find out how to get done what we want.

Ellen, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

More pros than cons

I have looked at other programs, but no other gives the tech support and various reports that we use each week for the money and investment.

Pros

Great for entering and keeping tract of donations. Great end of year donation report to send to members. Nice reports for birthdays and anniversaries. User friendly when inputting data.

Cons

It does take a while to come up while it's loading the data base. That could be because of the amount of people we have in our database. I would like to see if you input zip code, that the city would come up...just a feature that would be nice, not much of a con.

Carol, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

We love Membership, Donations and Accounting

We use Church Windows for all membership records, donation tracking and accounting. As each module has been upgraded, we have found the functionality has improved (with the one exception noted above).

Pros

The continuous upgrade and improvement of the various functionality. The great customer service - usually very prompt call backs and always experts on hand to answer my question/concern.

Cons

My only wish is an easier way to access a membership record. The old version was much easier (not requiring a search). It would be great if we had a direct interface with our on-line giving vendor (Tithe.ly)

Fr. Mac, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Review 2019

I have not had any problems with Church Windows. I can get reports out and the support from Church Windows when there is a problem is excellent. They usually respond the same day. Support is awesome!

Pros

Church Windows is a very easy program to use. If you have to look up directions, they are easy to understand.

Cons

I have had some issues with Donations in regards to importing donations from Vanco. They have a transaction date and processed date. It imports the transaction date and our business administrator uses the processed date which causes our reports to be off especially at the end of the year.

Diane, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Fund Accounting

Church Windows solves the whose money is it and where is the money problem at may congregations.

Pros

We currently use and support Church windows for multiple congregations. No software package does it all. Church Windows does Fund Accounting very well. If used property this software will tie together your congregations whole accounting function. It has better reporting than other accounting softwares.

Cons

Congregations have to understand how to set up the chart of accounts and separate the funds. Also the windows and reports could be more user friendly.

Joel, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows Review

Use for recording attendance and maintaining mailing label list. Also for other reports as requested by the pastor and elders.

Pros

I like the flexibility to do different reports and labels.

Cons

Can be a little cumbersome to use. Would like the ability to save the reports in a word document or PDF, preferably word. Don't like the fact when searching between 2 numbers (like between 5 and 10) it will not just give you the between numbers (6-9) which is not correct, but if you search for greater than a number it does it correctly. This is a real pain when doing age related reports.

Nancy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Review of ChurchWindows

The support that CW offers is wonderful. They respond quickly. They can dial in and help. When first starting with CW, dialing in is very helpful as all your "check and balances" need to work. I feel good about using CW and not worrying if something is incorrect because lot of the times the software won't let you go further until a concern is address. I would recommend Church Windows but I suggested someone using it should be comfortable with computers.

Pros

I love the fact that the 941 is easily filled out for you.

Cons

End of the Year updates/changes require you to do a refresher because you only do it once a year. It does work well, however. I've requested a report that showed Contribution Analysis as our former software did because our Council / Finance likes but CW is not able to offer it yet.

Marsha, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

software review

Overall experience has been good.

Pros

Up until the last update I had help putting on, I have found it easy to use. I simply love the support I get from the company.

Cons

When posting donations, I cannot find where the button is to tell me who pledges and who doesn't. Also, on the membership page, I can't find the place where date of death of individual would go. I just haven't had time to call to get help with these two issues.

Kenra, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Our techs will be happy to help show you where to see pledges when entering donations and where to enter the inactive date in Membership. Please call us. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

First Methodist Church Junction

When I started my job a year ago, I was not familiar with Church Windows or fund accounting. The church books were a complete disaster. Your support team worked with me and answered every question I had to help me get the books in order. The support team is excellent! And kudos to support team who was extremely helpful!

Pros

I like how everything is linked together and must be in balance.

Cons

I do not like that you cannot separate payments when you are paying by manual check. It lumps the same vendor on the same check and in order to pay with a separate check you have to do a completely new payment transaction.

Becky, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows - is it a good choice for your organization?

Our church got caught up in the initial implementation of Church Windows and quickly got off track. After a couple of years of changing treasurers we were hopelessly lost and the information was completely unusable. However, re-implementation was not difficult and we now have regained controls and confidence in our data. As a result, we are now able to properly consider historic fiscal trends in order to guide the church through the challenges of making ends meet.

Pros

Program is easier to use than Quickbooks but still retains the accountability and functions necessary for most small and medium size non-profits. Ideal for church applications but easily adapted to almost any small business.

Cons

Needs some modifications to make data gathering more useful. For instance, although you can "set up" multiple reports, you can only print one report at a time and each requires user intervention. Payroll is functional for smaller organizations but would be difficult for larger staffed businesses.

Patrick, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

How Great Church Windows

The support personnel are extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Pros

Church Windows is extremely user friendly. It is designed for specifically for church's and fulfills all the needs of our church. The Membership Package and Accounting Package are easy to work with. We also have the Payroll Modula which interfaces with the Accounting Records, posting to the associated accounts. What is also nice are all of the updates that are provided, keeping the software up to date.

Cons

Nothing as far as I am concerned. Everything works well for our church.

Thomas, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows

I've worked with it 12 years. I've done the 20-minutes coffee webinars. I know the system quite well. It's second nature to me right now. I call for help only if there is something I really can't figure out.

Pros

Ease of use and details. I can answer just about every question a parishioner asks about their giving. I can also run reports for just about any situation. It's a big system and it provides a lot of info.

Cons

Nothing for me but our accountant would like it to interface with Quickbooks as she is used to using that and isn't always happy with CW. She does fine with it though.

Evelyn, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Highly recommend for Church Coordinators

I have worked with the Church Windows people for over 15 years-maybe 20. I have always received great customer service, both through emails, and by phone. I belong to a Facebook group consisting of other church financial secretaries and have found others that also use this program so we also exchange ideas.

Pros

This software includes everything I need to keep track of finances, payroll and personal information for our church. It's easy to set up special accounts and link income and expenses, as was particularly needed this year when we received money from the Payroll Protection Program.

Cons

One thing that I would like to see in this product is the availability to combine years so that when I need to look up a purchase, for instance, and don't know which year it was made, I would not have to look in each year individually.

Church Windows is a great software program.

We have current and up to date records on members and visitors. The system is flexible enough to add fields as needed. The connectivity between the donations and accounting modules help in reducing the number of hours spent in the financial arena. The technical support team is great! In addition, the monthly 20 minute seminars keeps things fresh. This is a great system with great support.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to navigate, flexible and has a great technical support staff. I call them for any and all questions. They are patient and thorough.

Cons

Frequent updates. Other than that, I do not have any concerns.

Brenda, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Moving Forward

Great reports. We are able to track giving and expenses easily.

Pros

It is easy to use and the support is very helpful.

Cons

It does not integrate with other programs (Planning Center/Pushpay). There is not one program that covers all services (Church Apps, on-line giving, in-person purchases, accounting). There are great programs, but it is would be helpful if they worked together. I love Church Windows, but we have started the conversation of possibly finding other solutions due to this concern. Another wish, is to compare years (more than just one year).

Kerri Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

The good and not so good of Church Windows accounting module

Personally I would not use any other product for accounting, but being a professional accountant makes it easy for me to use. Not sure I would recommend use to a non-bookkeeper.

Pros

Fund accounting aspect, Customer Support, Friendly service, availability to users.

Cons

As an accountant I know what I want to accomplish, but it is not always easy to get the program to do what what I want. When updates come out, the changes often make it more difficult to use rather than easier. The company should have accountants involved with the 'techies' to make some it more user friendly.

Marilyn, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows