Church Windows Reviews - Page 6

Yays and Nays

Pros

The screen views for this software have always been user friendly and the recent updates have made it more so for moving between modules and transferring people and donations.

Cons

The problem that we've always had with Church Windows is the thought that do "they" even talk to anyone who actually uses this program. Things that just make common sense are not in here or are hidden so we have to call quite often to have someone help us find it. We have invested a lot of money into have this software so are reluctant to change.

Laurie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows Donations Module

As assistant treasurer, I record offerings, compile annual summaries of contributions to various church funds and issues tax receipts. . I can heartily endorse this software.

Pros

I have been using Church Windows for four years, having switched from Membership Plus, which we had been using for many years, because it was becoming expensive. I found CW much easier to use than Membership Plus, especially for things like adding a contribution or correcting an entry error after saving a collection report. Tax receipts are correctly formatted to fit into window envelopes (something that was a problem with Membership Plus). The technical support people at CW are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful.

Cons

Renumbering tax receipts in case of errors is not easy. The option for printing a tax receipt or a donation summary should be given at the beginning of the printing process rather than at the end.

Philip, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows Ease of Use

Church Windows keeps a record of all donations by category so whenever the board needs a report on something specific (like a building fund) it is at our fingertips. I personally appreciate the support staff and how they return calls within minutes by someone with expertise in the area I need help with. They are always polite and helpful no matter when I call.

Pros

I like the ease of recording donations. For example, if you have a new contributor, it is easy to add them on-the-fly and continue on with your batch. This makes accounting totals match exactly to the batch which makes the task of auditing less cumbersome. At year end printing the giving statements is a 1-2-3 process and they are emailed/printed. This is a huge time save for our small staff.

Cons

The thing I like the least about the software is I don't know it well enough to use all the functions that are provided but with the help of your free monthly classes, I am learning.

Chris, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Working on Church Windows

Pros

I like the big icons where, at a glance, you can click and get into that program faster. I like how I can save bills I pay routinely in the saved transactions. Saves sooooo much time.

Cons

Some things you have to find out yourself by using it daily. Some reports don't print in numeric order. Somethings don't allow you to do your job...such as you can't enter an EFT at the same time you are paying a bill by computer check or it messes things up. You can always learn a way around those things, but it does take up your time.

Cindy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows works great for us!

It is a great program that makes life a lot easier in the church office! I have recommended it to my other churches and they are looking into it.

Pros

I use it every day at work and like how all of the parts work together. Making lists, labels, donation statements, payroll, budgeting or accounting.

Cons

In payroll, I would like a better way to keep track of vacation and sick time, we just get a lump sum at the beginning of the year, it doesn't accrue monthly. There doesn't seem to be a good way to keep track of that in payroll unless you print out reports.

Teresa, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Software

I can call and get assistance with questions. Although at times I get Customer Support representatives that are very impatient. I am made to feel stupid, and I am not that and don't appreciate being made to feel that way. I will say though that you do have some helpful and nice representatives . I always hope that I get one of those people. My church pays for the deluxe service and the way I'm treated sometimes, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Pros

Accounting software is fairly easy to use.

Cons

Membership data base is often confusing. I have a hard time getting the reports as I want them. Would like some pre-set report templates.

Jane, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Long time user of Church Windows

We use Church Windows for all of our accounting, payroll, membership, and reporting and are very happy with it

Pros

I have used Church Windows software for 17 years and have never considered switching to another company. I find it to be user friendly and easy to understand. We have staff and volunteers who are able to easily learn how to use Church Windows. the support is absolutely wonderful. Prompt response time with very knowledgeable people!

Cons

Some reports are rigid and don't allow for the flexibility in reporting that we would like

Wendy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Great if you know Data Entry

The benefits have been easily updating mailing lists and labels, church directory, and donations recording. The drawbacks have come in the last 2-3 years with making it more complicated when trying to figure out how to edit some data (the checkbox next to "include on directory" is next to another note "special character" and confused my secretary so she wasn't checking the box and people where not getting included. Also with the designing - see comment under Cons.

Pros

I like this software as it keeps all our information in one place and is easily update-able. Pledge recording and reports do away with by-hand bookkeeping.

Cons

The recent changes to formatting forms is frustrating. Where previously one could simply click on the details from a list of what to include, on a pledge statement for instance, is now an editable form which one needs training in. Even I, who have good computer experience, need a step-by-step instruction on how to design what we need.

Sue, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

My Review

I like the reports section, it covers everything we currently need and is put together in an easy read format. The accounting section is extremely well put together and set up in a way that is an easy teach yourself format.

Pros

I like that if I am proficient in one area; I can usually use that information to figure out how to use another area. Example accounting and donations have many similar screens.

Cons

The attendance section. It may just be our church but it is not as easy to use, which effects the reports that are used. Again, it may just be our church.

Janet, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows

Using this software has made managing the membership data, donation data and accounting data simple and straightforward. Preparing for the new year has been simplified tremendously.

Pros

Church Windows is user friendly and feels like other navigation sites that I use. The ability to access different areas when I am using another function has made the use easier.

Cons

There are times it doesn't allow me to back space when I am searching by name for an account and I get a box saying no such account exists. Really, that was why I was trying to backspace.

Judi, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows User

I have received calls from other software companies and turn them away. I absolutely love Church Windows Software and support and have been using it for the past 11+ years!

Pros

I love that the software is very easy to use. If you have an issue, there support desk is very patient and can answer all your questions.

Cons

I wish that when a member leaves the church, that their donations stay open for the present year. If you don't mark the box for inactive, their donations don't show up and will not match your General Giving in your account module for the month.

Church Windows Software

It is very nice to be able to set up special "fund" accounts to track the various items we need to keep track of for the church. This is the second church I have worked for that uses Church Windows. Once someone is trained and gets experience with Church Windows software, they will begin to love using it every day that they work. The software helps to keep you in line and on track to record items correctly.

Pros

Once you get to know Church Windows software, you really begin to appreciate all the different ways you can create reports and forms to your church's needs and requirements. It is fun to experiment and create your own reports. However, if you are in a hurry to get a special report needed, and cannot figure out how to do, Church Windows Support will walk you thru the process.

Cons

Sometimes there are so many items to "click" and choose to get a report needed, you need a lot of experience and training to do without frustration.

Emily, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows Software Review

Overall I have enjoyed using this software for over 20 years and will continue to use it.

Pros

It stays relevant by continuing to update software throughout the year. The support staff is awesome. They respond quickly to problems and are very helpful in offering solutions. For the most part, the software is user friendly. I really enjoy using the payroll software because printing and filing forms is soon easy - just a click of the button.

Cons

Laying out a church directory is a challenge for me but I am getting better at it.

Review for Capterra

It took a long time to learn but is going well.

Pros

The support is wonderful, with exception of having to call and wait for a call back. Our schedules don't line up.

Cons

We down load our Vanco giving into the Donations once a week, however we found the batching function to make in impossible to balance the bank statement. Balancing a the check book and the batching function is the worst part of the program.

Angela, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. If you're having trouble with donation deposits and the bank reconciliation, please call us. We are happy to help try and make the process better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

We Love Church Windows

We are very satisfied with this software. With very little training, I have adapted easily to using this software. I would recommend it to any church big or small.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. I came into this position with very little training and have adjusted fairly easily. I like that the payroll module and accounting module interact and pertinent information is transferred from payroll to accounting with a simple click of the button.

Cons

It would be helpful if the Bill payment screens were consolidated into fewer screens.

Rebecca, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Designed and customized for church finance; good customer support

Our auditor, an outside accountant, does not understand why we don't go to something like Quickbooks. While I have not tried that, I can't imagine converting to another system. I like the way the different modules of Church Windows work together (e.g., Membership and Donations) -- especially with the recently introduced enhancements to the Membership module.

Pros

The reports fit my needs. There are frequent webinars to assist users in getting to know all of the features of the software, and those webinars are geared toward real issues seen in church accounting and membership tracking. New features are (sometimes) introduced in response to customer requests. We have found it very valuable to be able to access the system from home using the Cloud-based version.

Cons

Non-accountants find it hard to get used to the system. If you need to run two or more separate sets of books (e.g., for General Funds, Trustee funds, and Women's group funds, all with different treasurers), it's hard to make those two work together, especially when it comes to transferring monies between them. When you add a new accounting line, it is very easy to forget to make all of the changes necessary so that the new lines show up in reports based on different funds or groups of funds.

Patricia, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

CW...great accounting application!

Being an accountant, I found Church Windows fun to figure out and use. I have had to be creative on presenting account balances, income and expense for loans and endowments. It can be done! I did it! I enjoy using Church Windows. We use the application on one PC for our own security needs.

Pros

I like that the modules are linked together...membership, donations and accounting (we didn't purchase payroll). Less chance or errors! And the reports can be exported and opened and saved in excel in multiple formats. This save me time at the end of the month getting ready for the Finance and Council meetings.

Cons

Membership module - is a bit chunky. The data is not exporting as we want...a lot of manual fixing the reports. Mind you we have had different people trying to figure it out. With a new staff member, we might get it figured out.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if one of our support techs can help with the reporting problems you're having. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Would recommend

I have appreciated the prompt response to request for technical support provided by Church Windows.

Pros

Church Windows Software was already in place when I began with this job. It was easy to jump in and begin using. As time went on, I began to use more and more of the features and I have appreciated the changes that have been made to the software to enhance the product.

Cons

When I first began using the software, the reporting features were quite limited. Reporting has been expanded and I like the results.

Donna, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Great accounting software for churches.

I had to learn the system completely on my own since no one was here to train me. I was able to jump in very quickly and function. I still have a lot to learn but, I know it won't be impossible and help is just a phone call away!

Pros

Very user friendly, easy to edit errors, customer support is absolutely wonderful! CW offers great training options too.

Cons

The written guides are not detailed enough. I do not understand why the AP checks are sorted in a different order than the pre-reports. There may be a sort option but, I haven't found it yet!

Tina, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Does all we want and more; double entry has some drawbacks.

Our church records are impeccable.

Pros

Serves all our needs and more. Very flexible to add new items. Once the information is entered, there are a number of ways to report it. Works with our electronic transfer of funds. Provides training for free and ongoing help seminars.

Cons

The double-entry system does not allow to print the bill entry and payment on the same printout. We end up printing them separately. Our church requires a paper backup. We find this also adds complications to the annual audit.

Patricia, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Windows Software

We have been using Church Windows since 2003. I originally attended a live class and learned a great deal. The software upgrade that was made a few years back changed many ways I pulled up reports and the change gave me some grief but tech support is always available and helpful with any problems you may encounter.

Pros

The software makes sending emails to groups easy as well as individuals. Reports are easy to build as your need requires.

Cons

It is hard to navigate around in the beginning but once you learn how to get the information you are looking for it is user friendly.

Jan, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Great Church Management system

Church WIndows allows several different users to do what they need to do concurrently. We have used Church WIndows for many years and it has changed based on what the users wanted. It makes doing our jobs easier.

Pros

We love that this Church Management system is one stop shoppong! You can have your member data, Contibutions, Accounting and Payroll all from one provider. They are linked together so it makes it very efficient.

Cons

We use the online version and there are sometimes problems with speed of the server during busy times.

Church Windows Software Review

Pros

Our church has been using Church Windows software for over 20years because it is user friendly so that you don't have to be a professional bookkeeper to understand the software. I like the fact that the company is always working on updates to remove any bugs and keep the software current. The tech support is quick to respond, very knowledgeable, and courteous. I also like the video sessions that are available on all topics.

Cons

I don't have anything to complain about this software.

Joyce, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows

Church Windows Will Get You Going

It should be noted this is the only software of its kind that I have used. As such, I have nothing to compare it to.

Pros

Gets the job done. The more you dig in, the more features you will find. Recorded webinars viewable at any time can prove helpful to many.

Cons

There is no search function, which makes it more important to leave consistent notation and in alphabetical order. Sometimes, you can't get the software to do what you want it to, and not even the company can help. Took several months to figure out one such issue on my own.

We are long-time Church Windows customers!

Keeping track of our parishioners' pledges is very important to our church budget. Church Windows is perfect for this purpose and helps keep everyone on track. It's also very valuable for generating mailing lists and reports. It's great that both the Church Administrator and the Bookkeeper can access the software and use the same program for different purposes!

Pros

We primarily use this to enter and track parishioners' annual pledges, and generate pledge statements for them, quarterly. The statements are clear and easy to understand, and help our parishioners stay on track with their pledge payments.

Cons

We have yet to fully realize the benefits of generating the annual parochial report (Episcopal Church) using the software. We have not obtained and entered enough information about all of our parishioners to use this feature. Mostly because it is quite time-consuming and we have a one-person office staff.

Patrice, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at support@churchwindows.com Thanks again, Church Windows Support