DONATION Logo

DONATION

Donation management software for small to midsize churches

DONATION Reviews - Page 10

Great program

It gives us a place to combine our info about all of our donations, donor base and allows us to group them as to the type of resource - be it a church, a business, individual, and even lets us categorize the types of payment.

Pros

The program is easy to use, mostly self-explanatory and logical. If help is needed the help is there in short order. Very comprehensive program.

Cons

I can't complain about anything so I don't have an entry for this section.

DONATION by Software4NonProfits

We track donations/offerings for our church. While the program does handle pledges, our church does not make pledges. We merely track donations in the form of cash or cheques or e-transfers. For this purpose, I HIGHLY recommend this program!

Pros

I tried a few programs early on in my time as treasurer (which is 17 years now), including Quickbooks and Donarius. I found Donation much easier to use than Donarius. Our needs are fairly straightforward and Donation allows for easy multiple donation entries for a given day. Also, the support has been great. Every question I've ever asked was answered usually within 24 hours. They even added features to the program at my request!

Cons

This program is really meant for tracking donations only. It's not meant to be a complete CRM system, so some folks may find it limited in that regard.

Great Software for the cost

As a church this software was used to log and monitor tax exempt giving .

Pros

At the time the Software was the least expensive option for the needs of the church. For simple giving and donation reporting it works well.

Cons

As a standalone donation software its very adequate however, there are limits to the capabilities.

Thank you for this review, Gregory. Our intention with the software is to keep it as simple as possible, yet have some powerful features, to work for both churches and charities. It's not trying to be a full-featured church management program, or a full-featured fundraising program.

Great for Small Charities

Easily tracks donations and produces tax receipts

Pros

Easy to use with some flexibility. CRA compliant. Inexpensive.

Cons

Not cloud based. Better reporting and report options

We are a bit surprised at how low some of these ratings are and have written to the user for clarification. In particular we have never received any tech support inquiries from them for assistance with reporting, which is really quite comprehensive and flexible according to most of our users. We also have a partly cloud-based version, with the program installed but your data on our server.

User friendly, intuitive software

100% happy with this product. Every feature it offers is reliable, updates are smooth. Outstanding customer service and support.

Pros

Donation is a user friendly, intuitive DMS. I have used a variety of DMS and have never wished Donation had a feature I needed. In fact, I enjoy that it is basic without a bunch of complicated stuff I don't need. It has all the reporting features I need and comes with outstanding customer support. I have already recommended Donation to another non-profit, which they ultimately transitioned to.

Cons

Maybe just add some auto formatting in the Postal Code and Phone number fields but not a big deal.

Thanks for this great review! That is a good idea about the formatting of postal codes - we will try to incorporate it soon. There is already auto-reformatting of phone numbers when saving donors. For instance, any of "123-456-7890", "123 456 7890" or even "1234567890" are reformatted to "(123) 456-7890".

Great way to start

As a long term minister who worked as a missionary, I am often approached by people starting out. Cost at that point is critical - donation lite allows up to 100 donors free. This "buys time" as the ministry tries to establish itself. The software is easy and intuitive - on the other hand, support is $20 a year if needed. I never did, not have others I have helped.

Pros

It's simple, you can be up, running and inputting data in less than an hour. There is a trial/free version for small non-profits.

Cons

The free version has many useful features disabled. None the less it has enough for a small mission or unipersonal ministry to start.

Thanks William. Just to clarify, in addition to the entirely free Lite version (unless you need support after the first month), there is also a free 60-day evaluation period for all of the other full-featured versions.

You can't go wrong

Pros

Donation is a very simple program to use. It will print out your receipts, thank you letters, and year-end tax statements for your donors. The learning curve is very short in all areas but one. Their tech support is quick. The cost is very reasonable. There are updates throughout the year and as long as you pay the yearly maintenance fee the problem will be always up to date.

Cons

Is can be difficult to set up your thank you letters. There are templates that you can edit, but it does not always follow correctly.

Thank you for this great review, Sue. In our experience, the only time mail-merge documents get seriously messed up is if you edit them in Microsoft Word, which can somehow make the merge fields not work. Other than that it's pretty much what you see is what you get. If you have further our outstanding problems with mail-merge letters don't hesitate to contact us for support.

Using a ledger and excel spreadsheet VERY time consuming and this has simplified everything

Pros

ease of data input the reports program they have kept it simple but with many programs within it at an affordable cost simple but detailed.

Cons

not sure if I have one could use more choices in date of input categories so you can run specific reports for those of us who can't do SQL set up.

Thank you for this review, Bill. I'm not sure I understand the listed Con - many built-in reports allow for selection on a range of dates, and optionally on a donation category. Further selection can be done with Filter expressions, a fairly simple feature that does not require SQL. In fact, writing SQL is only required for the most unusual situations, by far fewer than 1% of our users. If you would like to explain where you are finding limitations in report selection, I'm quite sure we could explain how to do what you want. (The Help topic Filtering Reports will be very helpful.) You can contact us further directly by email.

Makes keeping track of Church donations easy.

Provided a well designed database to replace a spreadsheet. Ease of data entry.

Pros

Able to enter donations based on date received as well as by donor. Produces report at end of financial year for treasurer and for tax reclaim. Able to import donations given directly to bank via editing a spreadsheet download from the bank.

Cons

As based in Canada and USA does not quite fit UK system, although accounting year is now possible based on UK fiscal calendar.

Donation Software - An amazing bargain

Pros

This program allows complete tracking of donors, donations and also allows creation of official receipts. We get a monthly remittance from head office and all 95 donations are added seamlessly with one command. Saves many hours and errors!

Cons

The modification of the existing templates for receipts and letters requires a little getting used to, but is not really a major hindrance

Donation Program from Software4Nonprofits

An exceedingly good program. I have been using it since 2014 and would not consider any other program. Excellent support! No flaws that I have encountered. Strongly recommended! There are many reports available within the program, probably all that anyone would need, but if you would like some other report it is not too difficult to create one and it can be memorized for future use. We are not currently using the Accounts program, because the church treasurer prefers to use QuickBooks, with which he is more familiar. I have used Accounts for several months and personally found it to be excellent. I would recommend both programs.

Pros

Ease of use, very good reports, excellent and very fast support from Dan Cooperstock who developed the software. You don't communicate with someone working at a distant call centre, it is either Dan Cooperstock or Kwame Barko who answer your questions.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like.

Perfect Fit

After searching ( and I do mean SEARCHING) the internet for an easy to use, to-the-point software for recording charitable giving, I ran across Donation software created by Dan Cooperstock. I wasn't looking for a membership program, and I didn't need to record everyone's birthdates, groups, and blood types. I also wasn't interested in paying an arm and a leg. Donation software has been a blessing....

Donation Software Very Suitable

There are many features I have not investigated as they have not been my priority. If you think of one, it is probably already implemented. I find it a good program for tracking our church's donations.

Pros

* This software is simple to install and get you started on data entry. * It grows on you as you become more familiar with it's operation. * It is versatile in that it can be used for several entities. i.e. we have a Mission Church in Toronto which is part of our ministry and the records for that ministry can be separated or integrated into our overall book-keeping. * It has a quick data entry feature...

Cons

* I'm reluctant to give access to another operator as I have slight fear it may be hard to find errors in data entry. My motto is: If you want it done right, do it yourself. * Reports require some programming knowledge to filter reports.

Excellent, easy to use Donation System

The DONATION software is reliable, does the job it was designed for, with ease. Also, the customer service is second-to-none, and any questions are dealt with quickly and efficiently.

Pros

This software is reliable and easy to use. The customer service is excellent.

Cons

There is nothing that I think is missing from this software.

Directly addresses the exact needs of a church treasurer - without unneeded complications.

Saves time and provides peace of mind.

Pros

No doubt, ending year including receipting and starting next year. Or maybe correcting errors from year ended. Or maybe notifications and changes as required from changes to Revenue Canada. Or maybe the immediate response when needed.

Cons

Sometimes it opens with a dialogue that my subscription is not up to date. Knowing it is, I close and reopen and proceed....

Thanks for the lovely review, Kevin! If the program starts with a message that your subscription isn't up to date, but it is, that just means that you need to request an updated license key through the program, which will tell it that you are in fact up to date. We explain that in our email responses to payments.

Excellent and Affordable Product!

Overall, my experience has been very positive. We have been using DONATION since 2012 and keep renewing!

Pros

DONATION is very easy to use, is affordable and has fantastic help files when you need them. Additionally, our administrative office houses two separate agencies and we are able to have two separate agencies in the same system for the same price. When entering a donation we simply have to choose the agency and the system does the rest.

Cons

In the beginning I had difficulty adding the electronic signature and logo, but I think they have improved these features.

Great-Easy to Use Program!

I love this program. I am the administrator for 3 non-profit businesses. This program is very user friendly. It has a great 'help' section. The program developer/administrator is very quick to respond to my questions and very easy to work with. I could not be happier with the program and their service.

Pros

Easy to use and understand

Cons

I really have not found one.

Simple & easy to use donor receipting program.

It is easy to learn & great for small nonprofits with limited resources. Can be used immediately for receipt.

Pros

Straightforward database program with some flexibility in producing receipts. Easy-to-use - effective to grow with your organization.

Cons

Some technical expertise is required for using mail merge & using your receipt formats. Older database type program that is only available on local computer or networked computer.

Thank you for this review, Mark. I should also point out that our new Web Network Version allows you to have your database on our server, with the program still installed on your Windows computer, for easier sharing over the Internet.