DonorView Reviews - Page 3

SB

Sheryl B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Donorview has been a great software for our organization.

Everything is in one place. We were able to combine a few of our software programs into one.

Pros

I like the great customer service. They are very responsive to our needs. We have been with Donorview for a few years. We are happy that they take our suggestions seriously and are able to add features to the software as we have needed them. It has been very helpful. We like Donorview because we were able to combine multiple softwares we were using and now just have one.

Cons

I wish that we could use our current ACH provider for online donations. This would save us cost and additional paperwork.

TG

Tomika G.

Overall, so far so good. I like the software.

Pros

My experience with Donorview has been fine. We still haven't fully learned all aspects of the software, or utilized it to its full capacity, which is a bit frustrating on our end because of the amount that we are investing. We are still a very small organization so it's essential that we get our bang for every buck utilized. I did find that some areas could be more user friendly, but that could just be a user issue... need to do more research/studying to better utilize the services.

Cons

I honestly still need to delve into the system. I'm still not completely secure in my knowledge of utilizing all of the platforms and therefore still need to research and learn more. It would be nice if there were lower price points for smaller organizations, as the amount that we are investing in the software is a bit much. At the current moment that would be my only concern and feedback.

JC

Jennifer C.

Easy to Use Software

Donorview has taken the guesswork out of so much for us. They even designed our webpage, and the webpage service has been vital to the mission. Donor information is easy to locate & track. This software is straightforward to use.

Pros

We love the ease of the software. Simple to learn. Makes email marketing & fundraising fun to use. Makes donor relations better.

Cons

The least favorite would be not reaching a live person. However, they quickly get back to you and take time to resolve the issue and help you navigate through the software.

CB

Cheryl B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Perfect Program for Small Non-Profits

The support team at DonorView has been wonderful. They are always ready to walk you through a process and have even added some reporting functions at my request which allowed me to cut my time in half when running reports for gifts/events. This was a big help when organizing the major gala we host every year.

Pros

I am the Development Director for a small private school with no assistants or committee to help me organize fundraising events and donations. This program helps me document donations, track donor contributions over the years, integrate/embed donation or event pages onto our school's website, and (my favorite feature) it's easy to pull specific reports.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the software, but there are areas I need to get more comfortable using. There are so many features to make my job more efficient and I need to set up a time to train on those areas.

LC

Liz C.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Happy Donorview user

Overall, we are finding DonorView fits the bill for our organization. It has a little bit of everything, which is just enough for us!

Pros

I really like that Donorview offers a little bit of everything. That was what convinced us that it was the right product for us. We are a small non-profit performing arts organization and we not only fundraise but also host events. So the CRM is critical but also the Events features have been invaluable.

Cons

I find the reporting a little challenging to figure out. I end up using trial and error to find the right combination of boxes to tick to get the info I need.

KA

Kim A.

Very helpful!

For the most part, I have no complaints. It is very useful software.

Pros

I only use this program to enter new people and record interactions. It is a wonderful tool to be able to keep track of not only their personal information (address, phone, email) but also make notes to help you remember connections that you have made and with whom. There is a place to enter their availability as well. For instance, I planned a "Christmas Wrapping Party", and was able to enter each person that participated. Next year, that list can be pulled up, and I have all of their contact information at hand!

Cons

There are many things that I still need to learn. My only complaint is that I have lost things in DV. It did not "save" for some reason.

WT

Waddy T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

DonorView makes CRM easy and affordable with very reasonable prices and great support staff.

Better control of donor information

Pros

The DonorView support staff is first class. They go out of their way to get you what you need, even if it's not part of the normal package, and their response time is the fastest I've ever encountered. After learning a few ins and outs, the program itself is very easy to use. I do wish there were some standard "canned" reports rather than relying on expert knowledge in Excel to manipulate the data.

Cons

Although DV has been extremely accommodating to my requests for additional fields, it would be wonderful it all fields from all tables could be available on any screen. This would allow various cross-tab reports that are so important to analyzing donor patterns.

RF

Robert F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

When we started with Donor View they may not have had every feature we wanted, but EVERY time we mad

Better service, good price.

Pros

We use the email customer service option. The promptness of reply on our requests is outstanding. They also offer a phone assist option but they do so good with email that the telephone response option is not necessary.

Cons

you could provide our service for FREE, but other than not charging us (insert smiley face here) I do not think there is anything we wish you would do better.

SP

Sarah P.

Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees

Our experience with DonorView has been completely exceptional!

DonorView far surpasses our previous system for record keeping. In addition, it has allowed us to eliminate a variety of outside subscriptions because of its multi-faceted capabilities. Since implementing this software, we are more organized, which allows us to be more successful as an organization!

Pros

The database is extremely intuitive and user friendly which has made the process of transitioning that much easier. The staff at DonorView is amazing and provided immediate and thorough support for every question I threw their way. I will recommend to anyone I know!

AA

Audra A.

Donor View is a great product for Non-profits

Great product, easy to use and very easy to migrate from one system to another with great customer support.

Pros

User friendly, easy to use with many features that are inclusive of all items that a non profit would need to use in one product.

Cons

Nothing that I can even think of that we have had any issues with.

RG

Ray G.

Great Program

Pros

The ease of use and the newsletter feature is very good.

Cons

The text messaging functionality wasn’t good

JY

Jennifer Y.

I've been very happy with DonorView. The program is user friendly and customer service is top notch.

Pros

DonorView is a one stop shop! CRM, email marketing, gift processing, event management all in one place.

Cons

One piece of DonorView that could use improvement is the email and social marketing templates. It is helpful to have the feature within the database but using it can be time-consuming as the program is a bit ,clunky.

Aubrey C.

We Love Donorview

I have loved it. The customer service has been great, they answer my emails immediately. And it has simplified my life treamendously.

Pros

The versatility, I shopped around for months looking for something that would be able to fit my unique fundraiser. Donorview, while not super flashy like some of the others...checked every single one of my boxes. It has P2P, ticket sales, silent auction, text campaigne....tons of different features!

Cons

I wish that we had paid more to get a full training up front. I'm positive that there are more features that I could have been using, but don't know of because I didn't have a formal training.

MW

Marvel W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Has more capability than we use. I'm looking forward to taking advantage of additional features.

Database management, reports generation

Pros

The functionality of the software for multiple purposes is appreciated. We can use it for more than just donor tracking.

Cons

Some aspects are not intuitive. After struggling to figure how to do various tasks, we have found the help support to be quickly responsive, though.

BS

Bonnie S.

DonorView Review

Customer service and tech support is responsive and very helpful.

Pros

Covers many different areas of a non-profit's daily database, fundraising and marketing needs all in one place- one-stop shopping is great!

Cons

Email program and reporting is tricky, not as intuitive. Sometimes takes longer than needed. Also, does not allow PDF attachments or embedding which is tricky. These features should hopefully be coming soon to the program.

BS

Barry S.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Nothing is perfect, but DonorView is close

We were able to combine multiple databases by moving to DonorView. Also, we became more mobile with the cloud-based DonorView.

Pros

DonorView provides a better service at a fair price when compared to our last software program we used for donations. The customer support is fantastic, they are fast to respond, always friendly, and rapidly solve problems.

Cons

I do not like the high credit card processing fees. The learning curve has been a lot longer than expected.

JD

John D.

DonorView is Easy to Learn

Customer service has been responsive and has worked quickly to resolve any issues we have had. Thvisoes are very helpful in learning the software.

Pros

I really like the email marketing and the ease of sending our newsletters and emails using their nice selection of templates. I like the CRM-find it comprehensive, easy to use and easy to maintain

Cons

Would like to see an upgrade on their payment system for events and tickets. Other than that, I loke working with all the elements of DonorView software.

AD

Alexis D.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Difficult to Learn Software

They do an amazing presentation that reels you into loving the software, but you quickly find out how awkward and difficult to use it is. It also takes a while to load the software with your date so that it is "useable", and by that time the free trial is over and you are locked into a contract.

Pros

I enjoy being able to create a newsletter and see a snapshot of how well it performed once sent.

Cons

As a millennial I consider myself very adaptable to new technology, but this platform is just overall difficult to use. There are training videos available and you can sign up for webinar training sessions, but even during those live sessions they have an agenda of items to cover (not all of which are relevant to what you may be trying to use the software for) and there is minimal time to have someone actually answer your questions. If you pay more, of course you can have more individualized training, but all the clunkiness of the software it is a big deterrent from using this platform in the future.

BI

Britleigh I.

Donorview is user friendly and their customer support team is always there to answer questions.

Pros

Easy to use, has all of the features and functions that I require in a donor database, customer service is exceptional.

Cons

The software does not offer an ACH functionality directly through their website. You are able to link up to a different website and tie the two together, but I would rather not pay an additional fee for the functionality.

SJ

Susan J.

Excellent Value

DonorView has made keeping track of your donors and mailing lists so much easier. It's all in one place instead of being spread out over a variety of applications.

Pros

DonorView is easy to use and is very feature rich and comparable to much costlier products. Having mailing lists and donor management all in one place has been very helpful and a big time savings.

Cons

Some of the navigation is a little confusing.

AW

Alyssia W.

Great functionality, great customer service

Pros

DonorView offers a comprehensive platform with integrated functionality to capture donor data from gifts to events to email marketing. Great value for the cost and excellent customer service.

Cons

The front-facing online donation pages and email marketing template builders could be more user friendly.

AK

Allison K.

DonorView is a very straight forward, easy product to use.

Pros

How you're able to customize how your data is inputted, the availability of certain fields. Also how you're able to sort information similar to an Excel file.

Cons

It would be great if the speed of Donorview could be increased. Often times it takes a while to load certain pages.

NL

Naomi L.

11-50 employees

THIS IS A SCAM

Terrible donor management system.

Pros

its cheap and their customer service is good. That's it. On the surface it seems great. But once you start using it, you notice how much is bad about it and how much better other systems are.

Cons

This is a terrible system. I could tell you all the things wrong with it but instead I'll just highly advise you to pick another system. There are many others that are so much better.

BG

Brian G.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Very good product

Pros

Fairly easy to use. Onboarding was great as well as their website builder.

Cons

I couldn’t afford the full support package and getting help is hard through emails only. I prefer to talk to customer support.

DR

David R.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Donorview is Affordable and Has Launched our Online Giving in New Ways

Pros

We like the flexibility the software gives. Our recurring donors love being able to have their own donor portal and set up and change their recurring donations.

Cons

The initial conversion had its challenges but after several weeks we were able to work with the DV team and get things the way we needed them.