eDisciples Reviews

Pros

It’s great that we have an App designed specifically for the church in South Africa. We had some teething issues but the developers have always been helpful and efficient in resolving any hiccup.

Natalie J.

We really have none, eDisciples has been great and allowed us to help them with our responses to better the App with the turn around in less than 48hours.

Gideon V.

Ashley L.

Cons

I am the only person using a church app and the others have asked me about it. The problem is that only one church is English – the rest of us are Afrikaans.

Mark B.

There is some time delay between switching tabs. The overall “touch response“ of the app has some lag issues and takes a few seconds to load.

Rethabile M.

Usability can be difficult sometimes. Difficult to upload profile image as a normal user.

Shermon M.

4.6

Good Software

I like the design (the look and feel of the app). Simplified communication with team members. Having everything relating to the congregation in one place removes the need for any other medium of communication like emails or Instant messaging apps.

Pros

I like the platform to connect with my congregants. The centralization of data makes it easy to access everything from announcements, teachings, song lyrics and playlists. Ability to create groups allows compartmentalization. Ability to “comment” or “like” posts. Ability to check in with a QR Code

Cons

Hi Rethabile Thank you very much for your review and the information on the areas where we can improve. We will work on improving the load times of the app and ensure that everything flows smoothly!

The church App I've come across

eDisciples will help our church improve communication and engagement amongst members. It will definitely replace our church WhatsApp group. I really like the App and look forward to more exciting functions and capabilities.

Pros

I am able to push info to our members mobile device via a push notification, SMS or email. It's easy to navigate!

Cons

I struggled to create an event using the App as well as the web application. Via the App I was not able to sent a notification to the members but via the Web, it did not allow me to edit the time. When the end users view the event on the App, the date and time of the event is not visible. As a result I had to capture this info in the body content.

Hi there Godwin Thank you so very much for your review! I'll make sure we work on the issue with event creation in the app and get back to you when that is resolved! Kind regards Nick eDisciples Founder

CHURCH APP

Overall I am excited about this program because it is like walking around with all your churches registers in one hand and being able to change cell no while visiting with the member.

Pros

Pros – the price is right for our small church.

Cons

Cons -I live in a small town and there are about 15 churches. I am the only person using a church app and the others have asked me about it. The problem is that only one church is English – the rest of us are Afrikaans! If you could bring in Afrikaans I am sure others would also be interested!

Brilliant App

My experience on the app has been great, like I mentioned to the founder that yes there is things that needs to be done and enhancements to be implemented but this app has the ability to take the churches by storm as it is affordable, easy and relevant.

Pros

I like the fact that it caters for both big and small churches, You can have a big church and find that his app is as useful as it is for a small church. I also like the fact that you can determine the level of permissions each user will have as that allow result in accountability from all your leaders.

Cons

I think they could've allowed the videos to be watched for free because I do feel that if the church spends the monthly fee and also pays for data to upload the content, why must the congregants also pay to watch the video that you produced and uploaded. If the video is on a youtube channel then yes, charge them but if its your own video then I don't believe the congregants should be charged data fees or if you charge them then make it less then the uploaded size atleast

Church functioning made easy

This app will take our church to the next level of church management. What i also like was the behind the scene's service which is like instant directly having access to someone if you have a problem with anything relating to the app. You can add functions on the app for your church percific needs.

Pros

This software makes the operations of the church administration much easier. You'll have better control of managing your church members even the Church Service bookings of 50 members per service ushers now can print out the list of members who's attending what service.

Cons

It did not have the function for ushers to do attendance counts & who is your 1st time vistors. Salvation of souls that need to be recorded. It also does not have the function to make leaders responsible for follow up visitation's of 1st time visitors who would like a follow up visit & feedback form of vistation

A must have.

I can't complain about the program or the app. It has made my life easier. It took all my loose papers and different lists and combined them into one easy accessible solution. I can edit, my team can create or add or edit. No more excuses of the list got misplaced.

Pros

I mostly liked the simplicity of the program. You don't have to be a highly skilled computer whiz to use it and that was what I appreciated the most. I also loved the fact that one could import contacts instead of having to do each one from scratch. Having all information at hand has changed the way we communicate.

Cons

The fact that I had to unclick the invite member block really was my biggest nuisance. Why can't I load all members and then decide to invite them to download the app? I had to remember each time because the box was ticked by default.

eDISCIPLES

Pros

The software simply makes it easy to manage member database, follow up members/converts, easy messaging. It's a complete package.

Cons

Not easy to administrate on mobile one has to use the Web app.

Hi Ephraim Thank you so very much for your review! We will endeavor to make it easier to manage your church via the mobile app like it is on the web app.

We love this App! I

Pros

I love that all communication can be centralized! We can finally do away with multiple WhatsApp groups. Great that messages can be pushed to our members mobile devices - quick communication! Easy to use.

Cons

Would love the dashboard to reflect only the date of the event and not the creation date which can cause some confusion. Also for past events to be removed from the dashboard as the date has passed.

Thank you so much for your review Natalie! Much appreciated! We will definitely sort out the date issue

I am a user

Pros

This app is best to organize your church management. you can keep track of attendance. Organize your church leaders and program. It can help you with accounting I recommended it to my Pastor and our secrentary. It helped alot

Cons

It was hard to understand and to install but I managed to get a new phone to install it.

Thank you so very much for this lovely review! Please do get in touch if you need any training. We provide a 30-minute demo video call to anyone that is looking for help.

Just what we needed

Great

Pros

eDisciples covers every aspect of member management which we were looking for. Instead of using WhatsApp and YouTube and SMS and Facebook and our website and Quicket to all the different things done we now only have one platform to manage. This is huge Very fast service if there is a problem which are really appreciated

Cons

The difficulties are more on my side. Tech skills not all that great but still was able to get things set up fairly quick

Finally something for the CHURCH!

Pros

Has everything you need to make CHURCH communication and planning easier! All three platforms are easy to use and gives you great access to information.

Cons

A Feature like In-App giving - which is extremely technical must come.

Thank you for the feedback, Gideon! We are definitely working hard on getting the Tithing feature out the door as soon as humanly possible.

Leader in Church Management

Since I've started to use the software, it has made managing the Church, so much easier. The members love the fact of being apart of the Management program and all the extras that comes with the program.

Pros

It is so user friendly and the Professional service one gets from their team is Epic.

Cons

Nothing at all no displeasure. There are no cons in the Management program.

eDisciples Review

Communication with church members and officials can be conducted efficiently

Pros

Multi-functional Easy to use Able to use on mobile or computer devices

Cons

Usability can be difficult sometimes Difficult to upload profile image as a normal user

Hi Shermon Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of eDisciples. I truly appreciate your feedback. We will most certainly look at the usability issues you faced and sort that out as soon as humanly possible. Thank you again for your input. Kind regards Nick eDisciples Founder

Church management

Feed back is quick and awesome to work with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our virtual meeting was awesome and we had a great discussion.

Pros

The user friendly interface of the program the app aswell as setting up the webpage.

Cons

The fact that I I didn't came across this long ago.

eDisiples User Review

From a user perspective the software is very user friendly. There is not too much unnecessary info that clutters the work-space. Great app and very easy to use

Pros

The ease of use between the menus. News and events menus was helpful and easy to access. That made it easy to stay up to date with what was happening in my organisation.

Cons

I think there could be more Menu Items to break down into smaller groups.

Hi Quintin Thank you so much for your time in putting this review together! I love your suggestion on breaking down the menu item into smaller groups - this will definitely help with the usability of the app. Thank you again! Kind regards Nick eDisciples Founder

eDisciples

People are more readily using apps as supposed to websites. Unbelievable support, thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and team fro a great app!

Pros

Custom app for churches without developing your own. Feature rich.

Cons

Member registration was bid of issue with free version.

Pros

That all the different organizations were in one platform and that direct notification can be done as well as group broadcasts. Lyrics for new songs and playlists makes the worship teams job easy as to not have people have to use space on their mobile.

Cons

Very limited on the app still with regards to a few features which has been addressed and should be up and running sooner than later because of the great work ethic of the company and developers.

Hi Matthew Thank you so much for your insight and feedback. We will endeavor to get all the features completed as soon as possible.

Very useful

Sending weekly devotions, staying in contact with members and making future dates accessible to members

Pros

Beautiful appearance with easy to figure out. Very hip with today's youngsters and up to date with latest trends. Futuristic with check in feature.

Cons

Cannot capture congregants attendance. Cannot post sermons in pdf format

Hi Hennie Thank you so very much for your review! We will be adding an attendance tracker and PDF feature soon!

In-app purchase

Fairly good app, except for the glitch in buying sms bundles

Pros

Easy to use. the reporting feature. Affordability

Cons

I could not be able to buy sms bundles. No space to upload pics.

Excellent App!

eDisciples has created a better platform to interact as well as church

Pros

I like it's user-friendliness as well as customer service.

Cons

I have nothing yet to complain about the App.

Thank you for your review Sylvester!

Low Cost App for church startups

Awsome!

Pros

Seamless and easy to use. Very effective

Cons

The help video is not tailormade for functionality.

Excellent

Connect people

Pros

Easy and understanding how it works. Excekl

Cons

At this moment I have no problem. Still working on it

Hi Annelene Thank you so much for your input and positive review. We are thrilled that you enjoy eDisciples!