FellowshipOne

Simple and integrated cloud-based church management software

visit website

FellowshipOne Reviews - Page 2

Great Solution for Smaller to Medium Church

Overall, we have been pleased with member tracking, volunteer assignments, and groups created. Customer Service is most often quick to respond.

Pros

It is fairly customizable in regards to fields available. And, has a great report library.

Cons

Even though there are a vast number of Core reports that can be customizable, it is oftentimes difficult to get the exact information that is needed on a report. And difficult to troubleshoot when you create a report that seems to pull no data at all.

Fellowship One

I liked F1 but it was a little clunky. Creating reports was very difficult and there were many steps involved in other areas that seemed unnecessary. Its a good product but there are more streamlined church databases out there.

Pros

I work with several churches and so I'm familiar with several different church database software. The thing I like best about F1 is that you can access the personal data of the members quickly and most of what you need is available without having to click on additional things.

Cons

The reporting was WAY too difficult to navigate.

F1 at The Village Church in Texas

As things stand right now with what is available today, if your church is looking for a very good, if not great, Church Management System Fellowship One is the system you want. The old adage, "You get what you pay for" applies with a SaaS product you are no longer supporting a server and software yourself or trying to develop something on your own. Having said that the company's "development to production agility" needs improvement as there are still things that need to be done on the congregation facing side of this system that hopefully will be taken care of in the very near future and make F1 one of the most complete systems available.

Pros

Excellent implementation team! F1 software has delivered what they said it could deliver in response to our RFP. Support is responsive. Communication has been good. We have the benefit of many Active Network/Fellowship Tech employees attending and in membership at The Village. No server or site to manage is great (obviously that is a big part of what we pay for) Functionality is really good. Access to the data via API is great and getting better with every new API realm.

Cons

Implementation Team could have been more assertive with some suggestions and less with others. Though F1 has delivered it has not delivered at the level we had hoped for, specifically public facing via weblink where the UX has left a lot to be desired. The back-end functionality is great but the interface needs a makeover now. Support though responsive has been dismissive with some of our requests and we have experienced some delays on what we consider a pretty serious request.

Powerful But Not Very User-Friendly

Pros

Fellowship One is a tremendously powerful tool that meets most of the needs we have for our church database. We are able to track an infinite number of details related to each person in the database. Recently, we began using F1 to allow our church members to search and find a small group, then sign up - all online. I am still learning all the ways we can use F1.

Cons

The most frustrating aspects of F1 are: 1) It doesn't have a mobile interface for online registrations - and online registration is a huge part of how we use F1. We have begun using a third party app that integrates with F1 so that our online registration process is mobile friendly. 2) F1 is not very user-friendly and they don't offer easy-to-find support. This is the most difficult aspect of the product.

Great product and awesome staff!

I would recommend the product and the team. Great tool to help your church and your staff to build the kingdom of God. F1 is consistently improving and upgrading the system. Working with them has been a rich rewarding experience.

Pros

We are a large church with a weekend attendance of 6 to 8 thousand and currently have four campuses in two states. As we grew it became more and more difficult to keep good information on our congregation in order to serve them best. With Fellowship One we now share all information between all our pastors in a quick timely manner. We can tell at a glance who may have fallen down in their attendance,...

Cons

My only negative is that there are so many reports, well over 1,000, that I have trouble sometimes finding just the report that will give me the information the I need. The ones I use all the time I save to My Reports but sometimes I need a little different criteria. They are always willing to help with a report but I just don't always have the time to wait. The pros definitely out weigh the cons in every way.

Not as intuitive as expected

Using the search function could be somewhat difficult (or not intuitive). This basic function needs to be rethought and optimized. As this software helps to manage and communicate with church members, it would be very nice to have the texting feature as a part of the basic F1 package.

Pros

The interface is simple but it looks ok and the information displayed after you log in is helpful since it provides a snapshot of what's going on in your congregation.

Cons

I believe the F1 announcement feature (main screen) should be eliminated. Any F1 announcements or any other communications that are not strictly related to the customer's business should take place outside of this software (i.e. by mail, text, etc.).

Poor Expectations - but powerful system

I would recommend F1 but with high caution. Make sure you have a point person that is highly computer literate. Be very patient... I gave 5 stars to "Meets our needs" on the premise that eventually when we get all our questions answered - it will meet our needs. That's why we chose F1.

Pros

This software is very feature rich and capable. It has resolved some of our immediate needs with check-in for kids, contributions, and mobile app for access to our data base as well as our small groups. When you read my cons please don't think I would not choose F1 again. I am just highly displeased with how they set expectations and how they train.

Cons

They do a very poor job of setting expectations. While the system is capable of a lot of features...good luck figuring them out. They are very limiting on what they will show you during implementation of the product. We also paid for the certification training and even that is limited to what information they will release to you. It seems that their attitude is "You need to figure it out". They...

As a user this software was difficult to use

My church used this software to manage members, events and groups. As a group leader I was tasked with using it to track group attendance and report issues to church leadership. I personally didn't like it even in my limited use because the interface was not clear and it was tough to use. Adding members to the group was very confusing, the software just isn't designed very well in that regard. One constant I heard from pastors and staff at the church was how much they disliked this software. We recently just switched off to a new software that is much easier to use. Personally I am glad as I was not a fan of this platform.

Pros

- Tracks group attendance really well. - Once you got into the place you needed to be getting data entered into the system was fairly easy. - Allowed leaders to make edits to meeting attendance fairly easily.

Cons

- User interface is not friendly, the system was honestly difficult to find your way around. - Even church staff could not fix simple issues like user information being in the system incorrectly; there was only one staff member that really knew how to fix a mix up where our account had incorrect information in it. The system would not let us correct the error ourselves as it was limited to an admin. -...

Fellowship One keeps track of people and processes

Pros

It helps me keep track of people and processes in my church attendees and volunteers. We use it to track finances as well. You can set up workflows that will help you automate certain functions and that's a huge help.

Cons

It's definitely not the easiest software to use. You have to really dig into it to learn it and be committed to it, because if you're not, the team will try to find workarounds so they don't have to use it.

This may have a place still for smaller churches, but it's not for us anymore

Pros

We used it for 15+ years. It did it's job fairly well and we saw some development over that time-frame, but not much.

Cons

Stale. It looks like it was made in the 90s still. Not mobile friendly. Expensive. Support literally had tickets for us over a year old go unresolved. Multiple giving errors led us to finally leave for a 3rd party giving provider and an open-source CMS for user management. Couldn't be happier with that choice.

Fellowship One

I have use fellowship one for several years with several different organizations, It is a dated software in my opinion. The GUI is old and inefficient, however, it does have a good array of features, and tons of features you may never need or know exist because of the complexity of the program. However, I still found the software very useful despite the outdated GUI

Pros

I like the wide array of features.

Cons

The GUI is outdated and somewhat difficult to use.

Helpful database

Pros

After exploring other databases, I appreciate the user friendliness of Fellowship One. The user face was easy to read and navigate.

Cons

Fellowship One served us well for many years, but were not able to take us to the level we needed out of our database. Over the last two years, several large issues came up that never seemed to be resolved by management and caused us to move to another database.

Great product for managing church members

Pros

This product is great for creating multiple groups with different schedules and purposes and integrates well for FellowshipOne users from the church to access their information and groups

Cons

The reports are so hard to run! They are not very intuitive which makes it difficult to find what I am looking for on the first try so I end up running things like ten times.

F1 from a Finance Manager point of view

Pros

I can get reports that give me what I need to know and can manipulate those for just the information I need. I also really like the giving module - with the batch scanner - really fast, intuitive, and easy to administer. We aren't there yet, but when we are it will be easy to segregate check scanning from posting. I can also say that each time they make upgrades to the program, I am impressed with the improvements. It seems like F1 "gets it".

Cons

It is difficult to figure out how to enter a ticket to receive support. I wish they would streamline this process.

Not What We Thought It Would Be When They Sold it to Us

While it seems to have a lot of potential and it sounded great when they sold us our subscription, using the system has been frustrating and difficult on many levels. Helpful and kind customer service is available, but too much of it is required to make it effective.

Pros

It is fairly easy to add people (members/profiles) into the system, which is the driving force of the program.

Cons

It's a clunky, hard to understand system once you get past the initial member profile input. The reports are a BEAST to format and run, and sometimes they seem impossible.

Fellowship One has gone from being one of the best, to one of the worst

Pros

F1 beginning as a strong cloud solution and as packed with features. The good news is they haven't lost any of those features.

Cons

The bad news is they have stopped developing the core of their product for about 10 years. They are far behind competitors in the technology space and focus more on add-ons, not the day-to-day ministry tasks.

User Friendly Access to your Member Database

This company understands the meaning of "Service Industry". They truly serve their customers and are constantly adding enhancements that bring efficiency to the workplace.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is the Ease of Use and training support.

Cons

Since the new CEO came on board, I have experienced a great improvement in training and communication.

Not what we expected

Pros

The real best database size is nice. Also the pricing for specific tears was something we found beneficial as we were not a mega church

Cons

The integration with the other software is has been a bit challenging. It has also not been super user-friendly for the processes we’ve wanted to use it for. We would love to see a much more user-friendly interface when it comes to event registration, sign-ups and things like that. Also a more functional iPad option would be good

Fellowship One was a great experience while it fit the needs of our organization.

Pros

It was easy to track people and get information on individuals in our ministry. It provided consistent data and made communication easy.

Cons

There were certain data trends that we wanted that were difficult to track using this program. It also didn't serve our needs of being able to integrate with our other platforms.

Best ministry database available, but not as scalable

Pros

Fellowship One can contain so much useful data! Every year we mine more information we didn't realize was available to us because the data is more rich over time.

Cons

The more data that goes in, the harder it gets to run reports for larger churches and organizations. The user interface also feels cluttered.

Fellowship One - trying to do too much

I have used this software for 6+ years and still can't figure parts of it out. It has a lot of bells/whistles and it does deliver the goods but so confusing sometimes.

Pros

It does hold a lot of information and offer a lot of options.

Cons

It's not intuitive and the reporting is hard to work with.

Fellowship One has help to streamline our church ministries.

Pros

This software has given us an easy way to keep track of our church and it's various ministries. Keeping constant contact with our congregation and guests is made easy.

Cons

It has a lot of functionality, but can be a little complex for our team to fully use the program easily.

Fellowship One is one of the best ways to organize church data and metrics.

Pros

F1 is easy to use and understand and provides us with clear data that we can use to organize people, groups, and church growth.

Cons

Reporting did not always give us information in a way that was easy to view. Spreadsheets did require some manipulation once they were run.

Mr

It provides a good foundational system for all church data to be captured and stored.

Pros

You can do a lot with this system and it spans the entire church, from infants all the way through adults and small groups. Tracking people's activities among all the different activities helps you better understand what you are doing right and what needs work.

Cons

Reporting is lacking (why collect all of that data if you can't get good information out), as is the rules surrounding specific activities. You end up creating workarounds for a number of different areas just to get most of what you want out of the system.

One of the more comprehensive Church Management Systems but innovation has slowed since acquisition

Handles our church membership, small groups, event registration and giving needs

Pros

Improved their stability with Data Center upgrade. Mobile app development. Handles financial giving and event registrations. Manages small groups. Modular based.

Cons

Too many layers with multiple screens when adding new families. Label printing options too limited. Needs better customization of input screens, reporting and troubleshooting steps (printing). Would be great if you could send Factory Reset codes directly from the app based on the printer you're using. Would be great to make this client-less and webrtc.