Flocknote

Church management tool for sending SMS or emails to members

Flocknote Reviews

Pros

This software is a robust communication tool with an easy interface; excellent tools, great organization, effective tutorials, and superior customer service.

Jerry V.

FN has been a miracle resource for our church in this season of COVID19. It is amazing how much more we are connected with families even in this time of Social Distancing.

Sue B.

Love the fact that I know you opened the communication and who did not open their communication. It is very helpful to know that.

Jacqueline C.

Cons

We don’t use Flocknote every month, but would have to pay for it even if we didn’t send out message. Therefore, we have to export and delete all our members to avoid being charged.

Dillon K.

The icons are somewhat confusing. What they mean and where they are located.

walter d.

I know this is user error, but feel that the try should be an actual try.

Sue B.

Great! I recommend them!

Transcript

Joseph H.: My name is Joseph. I'm a local youth minister for my local church, and I would give Flocknote...

Flock Note - Great for Parish Communications!

Transcript

Zachary C: Hi, I'm Zach, I'm a Catholic school principal, and I would give Flocknote a five out of five....

Flocknote is an easy to use communication tool built for churches.

Flocknote allows church administration and leaders to communicate with their people on demand. It is a simple, straightforward, and cost effective solution made for churches.

Pros

The software is simple, straightforward, and cost effective. The software allows communication through email and text. It has analytics for understanding how the messages were received and red. Groups can be setup to communicate with specific people.

Cons

When people attempt to communicate back, you will have to manually look for these communication. Notifications are not given when someone communicates back. This is only a one-way communications platform.

Hi Benjamin, We're so glad to hear you're finding Flocknote helpful for communicating with your church members :) I do have some good news for you. There is a way to be notified via email when someone replies to a note. To enable these notifications, you can simply login and select the Purple Bell icon and click to highlight the speech bubble icon next to any group that's listed to be notified via...

Handy tool for ministry

Overall, I enjoy using Flocknote very much. The crew is great to work with and the designers of the program are constantly working to add new products or to improve the product and welcome suggestions from their customers.

Pros

The feature I most looked forward to, and appreciate as I use it, is the statistics that are given after a message is sent. I can see who has opened the email, how many people have clicked on each imbedded link, & whose email kicked it back. It is also very easy to add links, videos, and images with this software. The staff is quick to respond, friendly, and eager to help their customers. Love their little punny remarks, too.

Cons

I like to use gifs but the gif program with Flocknotes is not the best. It only shows one image at a time, so you have to constantly click next and it takes a few moments for the next image to load. I don't think I have ever found a gif that I have liked or used.

Thanks so much for this review, Judi - we really appreciate it. Also, if you prefer another GIF tool online, you can always find the exact one you want, save it to your computer, and upload it to your note via the Image Feature. Hope that's helpful! :)

Great for a religious institution or ministry.

We have been able to grow our mailing list and get more responses to mailings.

Pros

Ease of upload membership list Available graphics and inspirational material Ability to segregate groups

Cons

would like to manage mailing list responses a little better would like for people to see other responses without having to log into system

Hi Tim! Thank you so much for this awesome review! We appreciate the time you took to share all of this and are so happy to hear that you find Flocknote easy to use :) I also wanted to share some great news as it turns out, your members do not have to log in to view responses to a note as long as Public comments are enabled. Feel free to send us an email at help@flocknote.com and we'd love to help get this set up for you! God bless!

We gave it a shot

The benefit is a cost savings to the church by saving your expenses of doing mail out letters throughout the year.

Pros

Flocknote provides an email and text solution for your church, and they do a good job of it. Another pro is that you are able to have ono-to-one text conversations through the system. This is a huge benefit that you need form your texting provider.

Cons

Two things: the first is, it was a little pricey for our ministry. As we began to look around, we found other solutions that offered equal or better features for less cost. Also, FlockNote does not offer text giving. We wanted a provider that would allow us to communicate to our members as well as provide a simple way for them to be able to give via text.

Thank you for those kind words, Philip! We're so thankful you gave us a try :) What software did you all find worked better for your church? Blessings, Kait Rawley Flocknote Marketing Help@flocknote.com

Notes to the FLOCK using Flocknote

Flocknote has made it very easy to communicate with small groups, large groups and individuals.

Pros

We use Flocknote to e-mail information to our congregation. It works really well due to the ability to separate what goes out to certain groups. Our Bible Fellowship Groups use it to e-mail their members. We are able to duplicate e-mails and schedule these e-mails to be sent in the future. It is easy to compose the e-mails and the instructions and hints that you are given as you compose the e-mails make it very easy to do.

Cons

I am not sure what I like least - there is just so much to like that anything that I can think of just gets cancelled out.

Thanks so much for sharing these kind words, Steven! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. If you ever have any questions, suggestions, or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact our Happiness Engineers at help@flocknote.com. :) God bless you!

Excellent tool for communicating

We, as a church community and retreat center, need to be able to keep lists of different groups of people and to send them information in a stylish and attractive manner that also lets us communicate back and forth with them using multiple methods. Flocknote is excellent for this.

Pros

I love that I can keep track of all our families in one place. I love that you can email and text at the same time depending on what the users want. I love that you can choose multiple groups to send to and customize each note with style. I love that you can see who has opened your message and read it. I love that you can send polls, rsvp’s, and more.

Cons

I wished it could track people more like a database as well which they got closer to with added features but which cost extra.

Heya James! We appreciate your time and consideration leaving us a review. It's great to hear that you've been loving Flocknote so far and enjoy many of its features! We recently released Flocknote People (an add-on subscription) which is a smarter way to manage your members. If you have any suggestions or feedback about this new subscription, I encourage you to let us know at help@flocknote.com. We'd be happy to discuss how we could make this program a better fit for Our Lady of the Angels. :)

Flocknote for Mom’s Group and CCD

I have used Flocknotes to get messages out to my groups I ran recently. But I am also on the receiving end for Mass updates and CCD updates for my kids. It has allowed our Parish to have a system to contact a large group at once about important information or even just inspirational messages.

Pros

We use this for our church. I like that you can pretty easily select different groups of people for different messages. I was involved in running Bible Study Groups and Moms groups and CCD. We originally used private email groups to send messages. This platform helped us share access and now I could have another leader see my lists and send emails easily for me.

Cons

I found it to be a hassle to be an administrator, so would just ask out technology director to send messages for me. I continue to do it that way.

Hi Therese - thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review! It sounds like you had a bit of an issue as an admin and so we'd love to provide additional training if you'd like! Simply reach out to us at help@Flocknote.com and our Happiness Engineers would love to help. :)

Helps keep the community connected

Flocknote has allowed each ministry to maintain their own mailing list, and each parishioner to get information from the ministries that they are interested in. It protects people's information. It allows people to get info in the method they prefer: email or text. It has been great for staying connected to the community at a time when we have not been able to gather weekly.

Pros

An easy "what you see is what you get" email editor, makes it easy to create an image driven message. Keeps people's contact info private, while allowing them to be on mailing list of various groups. Allows people to receive information they way they prefer - email or text. Integrates easily with our website, so people can sign-up for mailing list on the website. It helps ministry groups list stay together even if there is a change in ministry leadership. Allows us to manage mailing list and send notes to each type of "grouping" in our whole community.

Cons

It isn't integrated with a database, it is a separate system. This is good in some ways because it is faster to just start using, but it is more work to maintain emails in two locations.

Thanks so much for this review, Matthew! We really appreciate it. :)

Room for Improvement

We can reach more people with Flocknote, especially when we try to send alerts or immediate information.

Pros

I like that I can customize the information, I can attach videos, pictures, and Bishop Barron's program was a great addition.

Cons

I don't like the fact that when I use Google, the email gets cut and it doesn't display the information or you can't scroll down to see more. Also, I don't like that you can't resize pictures. I can't save elements that I use frequently, just save the recent ones. When I create a section, I have to use the arrows to move to the top, which is time-consuming when you have a lot of sections. Not common, just on Friday, September 27th I have trouble moving pictures in a part of the section.

Hi Veronica, thank you for taking a minute to leave a review! The issue you're describing is highly unusual, so I'd like to investigate this to see what may be happening here. Your email is not listed with this review, so would you mind reaching out to help@flocknote.com so that I can troubleshoot this with you? I appreciate it! :)

Flocknote feature

Overall, when someone is looking for a text/email service, I always recommend Flocknote., it's pros definitely outweigh any issues.

Pros

Being able to contact large groups, and multiple groups at a time, as well as single people is invaluablee. Having the ability to see who has read the message is vitally important. Being able to use in conjunction with Lifeteen. Is a game changer.

Cons

Not being able to pick up the phone abs talk to someone about concerns is frustrating. I have also had several issues with payments being lost or not credited.

So sorry for the trouble, Lisa! Did you know that we offer free support calls at Flocknote.com/call ? We'd love to chat with you and answer any questions you have at a time that works best for you! We look forward to hearing from you! :)

Outstanding Customer Service

Communication has been an ongoing problem for us. Flocknote helps us communication better with our people. Their customer service has been great at helping us with problems or issues.

Pros

A company can make the best product available; but, if the customer service and support is lacking the product will never work to it's fullest potential. That is what makes Flocknote stand out from other software companies.

Cons

It works best when you use the app. We didn't know that at first or would have encouraged our people to use that from the beginning. It does take some getting used to and there might be ways to make the app more user friendly.

It's always a happy day at Flocknote when we get a review as stellar as this one, Cynthia! We really care about our customers and we're glad you've seen that in our customer support. You mentioned that the app could be more user-friendly and we take this constructive feedback to heart as well! If you have any suggestions for how we could improve your experience, feel free to send us an email to help@flocknote.com. God bless The Village Church. :)

Flocknote Values Parish Communications

While my cons would be helpful for some instances, the 99% of what we do/need from Flocknote is exceptional. And what makes it even better for me as the office admin, is that if I have a question (office hours or not), I get a response typically within a 12 to 24-hr period. This enables me to continue with my tasks/responsibilities (and not forget that I even asked a question...which in a busy parish...

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility on delivery, ability to schedule in advance (especially for holidays/holy days), ability to reuse/edit earlier communications, link a "note" to a website or larger page for those wishing more detail.

Cons

Not able to access symbols from a drop down...can't bold or italicize text for emphasis in "text" note. Can't cut/paste "responses" from "note reply".

Hi Shana! First of all, thank you for the honest and thorough review! I'm really happy to hear that you always feel comfortable coming to us Happiness Engineers for help even if you don't feel tech-savvy-- it's our pleasure to help you in any way we can. :) You've raised some good points with the features you wish we had so I will pass this on to our developers. I appreciate the time you took to fill this review out! May God bless you!

One week into Flocknote

We just started using this at our church, so maybe it's too early to write a review, but so far I am encouraged. For one thing, it's nice not to have all the advertising such as the free version of Sign-Up genius. One reason we're trying this is because sometimes when we send out large volume emails (i.e., to the whole congregation), some were ending up in people's spam or junk folders, and they weren't receiving them.

Pros

1. Being able to see who has opened a communication. 2. Being able to meet the member's preference for how to receive communications. 3. Nice to combine the sign-up function with the communication tool. 4. Nice to be able to set up how you want to receive replies for a particular communication. 5. Customer support seems to try really hard to help you have a good experience with it.

Cons

1. I would like a simpler way to login to the software. 2. The "Dashboard" could be more intuitive. For the new user, where do I go first? How can I see at a glance what needs my attention first? 3. For communication software like sending emails, I don't see how I can set a standard footer like most other email software. 4. You can lose what you've typed in if you get timed out by the software; this can be frustrating if you've spent a lot of time typing a longer email directly into the software (rather than copying it from Word), and it doesn't seem to remember it as an unfinished draft.

Thank you for this helpful feedback, Jeff! It has been shared with the whole team and we really appreciate your insights as a new user. If you ever have any added questions or suggestions please send an email at help@flocknote.com - we'd love to chat! :)

Best communication tool out there

Unolytics are a game changer. We can check and re-check which information is being sent out, and when needed confirm that messages were received by specific users. It's a huge weight off my shoulders to have such a great tool at my fingertips.

Pros

Flocknote is easy to use and puts us in direct contact with our constituents. Unolytics are a game changer. We can check and re-check which information was sent out, and when needed confirm that a message was received by specific users. It's a huge weight off my shoulders to have such a great tool at my fingertips.

Cons

I see that Flocknote is growing to incorporate other functions, such as finance tracking and people management. As it grows to accommodate more and more Catholic Church functionality, such as sacrament tracking and communication updates between baptismal/First Communion/Confirmation parishes, we will be all in.

Wowza -- thanks for this stellar review, Jon! It makes us happy to know that you're happy, so we hope we continue to wow you so that you guys are "all in". God bless!

This software supports our mission of connectional ministry!

Although I did not have FN experience,I am a believer in using technology to connect, inspire, inform and receive feedback form the members of your Flock. Even though I was new to FN and my position, I was able show co-workers the simple easy ways they could improve communication and connection with families involved in their ministry. FN has been a miracle resource for our church in this season of COVID19! It is amazing how much more we are connected with families even in this time of Social Distancing! People are so grateful for the fun and powerful ways we have been able to bring Christ into their homes with FN.

Pros

The many ways you can create messaging including videos, graphics, polls, attachments. FN lets you manage member messaging and data for specific groups. I love that you can invite new members and they can choose groups they want to hear from.

Cons

I struggled with the learning curve as a new hire in my position. Did not have an inhouse training bu that was not FN's fault :-) What I like least is the way they present new features and invite you to try, but it actually activates buy. I know this is user error, but feel that the try should be an actual try. Only super admin should be able to activate buy feature. Would also love an outline of a training path for new users based on their ministry need. Perhaps a simple questionnaire that points new users in the right learning curve direction.

Thanks so much for this review, Sue! If you need any additional training or have any questions/suggestions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Happiness Engineers at help@flocknote.com. God bless you and your church!

Love the tool...exceptional tech support

Selective communication is what it's all about. We can send out specific messages to specific groups of people. Blast-o-grams to everyone, if done too often, just alienate people and they stop reading.

Pros

Easy to use. Can train parishioners on how to use this tool to manage their groups/ministries. Love the fact that we can segregate into individual groups/ministries so we only send messages that apply to THOSE people. We don't end up doing a blast-o-gram to everyone even if the topic doesn't apply to them. The tech support team is top-notch. VERY responsive, VERY helpful and they stick with you to resolve your issue.

Cons

Super-admins should be able to reset individual's passwords AND set a new password. Many times, I have the parishioner sitting in my office asking for help and all I can say is "I will reset your password, but you have to go home, check your email, and enter a new password." Super-admins should be able to do this.

Hi Mike, we're so thankful you took the time to leave a review. We're glad you've enjoyed sending messages to individual people, small groups, or mass blasts when needed. Generally people are very private about their passwords and do not want them changed by anyone other than themselves, so we want them to have that security with Flocknote. I'm sorry about that, but thank you for letting us know that is something you're wanting. We appreciate any and all feedback! Blessings to you, Mike! :)

Great Software with Top of the Line Customer Service

Our parish enjoys the benefits of the weekly email blast newsletter as it complements our Sunday church bulletin. The bulletin has a 10- day-lag period, where our weekly email blast is updated until the very last minute before being sent out. This is our way of keeping everyone much more informed with current happenings that may have missed the bulletin deadline.

Pros

The ease of the application itself in creating and sending out emails and newsletters makes this a hands-on software package that anyone can use. If I have an issue or something I need explained, the Flocknote Help Desk is so prompt at replying back and follows up to ensure the issue has been resolved. It is very UNUSUAL in this high tech world to find this kind of Customer Service!!! I have waited several days, and sometimes had to call/email again waiting for a reply to my question, which is why I can't say enough good things about FLOCKNOTE.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing NOT TO LIKE!!

Wow, Maria...you've just made our day! We take pride in caring for our members so we're thrilled to see that you have had such a great experience with our customer service! It's so very kind of you to take the time to leave a review -- we're thankful for you. May God bless you and St. John the Evangelist! :)

New to Flocknote

Very good. The program is user-friendly once you learn the ins and outs of it.

Pros

What I like most is the ability to text members, add color, graphics, surveys, and invitations with RSVPs to emails and texts. I like that the replies come to my Gmail inbox. Unlike other companies, the customer service is EXCELLENT! This is huge for me as my learning curve is straight up and down until I become familiar with the new system. I love the training videos along with the written directions...

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to find the answer to my questions through the HELP menu. But, as I said, the Happiness Engineers have been there for me via email and or a scheduled conference call within 24 hours. It's intuitive only after training and having had some glitches in the system it caused me to question many things.

Hi Lori! We are thrilled you have been having a great experience working with the Happiness Engineers. You mentioned you enjoyed the videos alongside the written instructions; it's nice to hear this feedback. I'm a visual learner myself, so I can definitely understand that! If you think of any ways we can make Flocknote more intuitive in general, please let us know because your thoughts directly affect how we build the site. God bless you, Lori! :)

A Valuable Communication Tool

My overall Flocknote experience has been incredibly positive. We originally purchased Flocknote to have a reliable system for church cancellations and special announcements, but have since discovered so many more uses for it, such as a prayer chain, Scripture devotion group, communication groups for all our church boards, etc. Also, Flocknote’s customer service is crazy fast at responding to my questions and always has the answers!

Pros

The messages are very easy to create, schedule, and send. It’s great that you can have as many groups as you need and send an unlimited amount of messages for one flat rate, so you never have to worry about going over a limit. I also like that you can give admin rights to people to create messages for certain groups without having them become a “super admin.”

Cons

I schedule several daily messages to be sent out at the same time every day, so it would be nice to be able to set a default time instead of having to type in the specific time each time I schedule a note. Also, the standard 160 character limit on text messages can be a bit short sometimes, but it also helps me stay concise!

Thanks so much for this review, Thomas! I'll let the team know that you would love to see an easier way to set the "default" scheduling time. As for your issue with text character limits, I encourage you to visit Flocknote.com/Supertexting to learn how to send longer texts! If you have any other questions, we're here and happy to help. :)

St. Jerome Catholic Church

The parishioners I have signed up for Flocknote really like it, and I have more thinking they will start using it for their ministry as well. Our experience, at St. Jerome Catholic Church is just outstanding.

Pros

I love that it goes out to everyone or individually and when they respond to my message I am the only one who gets pinged. No annoyance for all the other recipients! I also love how different ministries can be set up exclusively and if others want to join that group they may. Parishioners aren't being forced to receive something on their phone or in their inbox if don't want. It is easy to learn and use, but if you do have questions or need help, the team is extremely wonderful about responding to your needs. There is so much . . . I could keep going! Love the library!

Cons

When I choose to send email, my character count is limited. So then I need to send email only because some reminders are lengthy. I chose text because I want to make sure everyone sees it right away!

Hi Kelly, you've just made our day with these kind words! The greatest blessing for us is when we hear how Flocknote has been helpful for our customers, so thank you for sharing. I do want to point out that there is not a character limit for email -- I think that may have been a typo and you meant "text". If so, yes you are correct that there is a 160 character limit for texts. This is because when texts are too long, some cell carriers break them up into two texts and it causes confusion for recipients. Also, the great thing about texting is that they are usually short and sweet and to the point, which people tend to enjoy. However, I'll pass on your feedback to the team - we really appreciate it! :)

Flocknote is a game changer

We are communicating beyond the weekly bulletin. Our reach is expanding daily to our parishioners. It is very exciting.

Pros

I like the ease of use as well as the different methods of communication. Parishioners can sign up for their groups, update their information and choose their preferred communication method. Communicating with groups has been difficult in the past, with Flocknote I can see who opened the message. It is very effective and easy to use.

Cons

Nothing It is very easy to use, and effective.

Hi Bryan - thanks a bunch for this review! There is nothing more exciting to us than hearing how Flocknote has increased communication and engagement for churches like yours -- thank you so much for sharing these kind words! We'll be praying for you and Church St. Patrick! :)

Great Communications Tool

Great way to communicate with our flock! We wish we could get everyone in the parish to use it immediately, but that will take a lot of time. We love the experience and it has put us more in touch with many of our parishioners!

Pros

Extremely easy to implement and administer! Parishioners have found it very easy to signup and utilize. They love getting up-to-date information about events and activities at the parish. Having the ability to implement different groups for the various parish organizations is awesome for communicating directly with target ministries.

Cons

It would be nice to have a larger character limit for text messages.

Woohoo -- thanks for leaving us a review, Alexander. We appreciate it so much! I do want to clarify why there is a 160 character limit on texts. The primary reason is so that we can ensure that every cell carrier delivers each text as one single message. Beyond 160, some carriers will cut off extra characters into a second text, which would, for example, break any links that you included or just generally cause confusion. What you can do is send multiple text messages and put footnotes (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) at the end of your text so that members know that there are multiple parts to your text. I hope this is helpful info but if you have any other questions or suggestions, just shoot us an email to help@flocknote.com. ;)

Great app for churches!

Flocknote has helped our church communicate in a more efficient way. Making it easier for multiple note senders has been a blessing.

Pros

I like its​ ease of use and reliable. The fact that was built for churches and has features that churches need. I like how easy it is to manage groups and multiple note senders. The subscription price is well worth it.

Cons

Just a few things that I'd like to see improvement on. 1. I'd like to have the option to make it ​​ default or a setting to always include all recipients whether or not they only receive text/emails. In other words, when I send a text, I want it to always include the email only people. Right now, you have to check a box to include them. 2. I'd like to be able to choose having notes sent to both email and text at the same time – not just one of the other.

Hi Kirk, thanks for this review! I'm glad you've been enjoying Flocknote so far. You mentioned you wished the default setting was changed for delivery to both text and email and I wanted to clarify this a bit. We had seen it before where admins were working late at night and sent out an email and it went out as a text as well accidentally. For this reason, we wanted to make sure the option to send a text in addition to sending an email (and vice versa like what you described) was completely intentional and opted into with that little checkbox. I hope this is helpful, but if you'd like to discuss this some more, feel free to send us an email to help@flocknote.com and we'll be happy to chat! :)

Fantastic Service with Small Kinks

Pros

The transparency is incredibly helpful for an organization run by volunteers. It is invaluable to know when people do and do not read their messages. The ability to see who opens messages gives us a broader insight into what information is actually being disseminated. Also, the response time of your customer service and tech support is fantastic! I hope we won't see this falter as your company grows.

Cons

We dislike that you must check the delivery box for those who have opted into texting. It is inconvenient and often leads to parishioners not receiving messages. If we choose to message everyone in a group...why would we want to purposefully leave the texting parishioners out?! It would be much more convenient to "uncheck" for texting if you want to be sensitive of time of day. However, when a priest wants to email his flock...he doesn't want half of the flock to not get the message because they opted to text and he forgot to check the box. We dislike that you cannot respond to messages with an attachment. If this is being marketed as a "better than email" messaging system, it is unfortunate that we cannot add attachments when replying. It is absolutely not conducive to business.

Hi Nicole - thanks for this great review! I'm glad you've had a great experience with our Happiness Engineers and we promise that top-notch customer service will always be at the forefront of our company! I'm sorry you've had issues with the need to check those delivery boxes, but this is good feedback and I appreciate the honesty. If you think of anything else that we could improve upon, send it our way at help@flocknote.com. :)

Keeping parishioners in the loop has never been easier

We would heartily recommend Flocknote to other parishes as an easy solution for effectively communicating with parishioners through the digital medium.

Pros

Flocknote is a great tool for getting the word out about parish liturgies and events. Bad weather? Let your parishioners know with a few simple steps. Parish meeting? Remind attendees of the time and place. Interested in knowing if parishioners are coming to an event? Send out a simple survey to which they can easily respond. Flocknote has made communicating with our parishioners very easy and amidst busy parish life, easy is good! And, if even if you aren't the most tech savvy person, fear not, for the Flocknote Happiness Engineers (support staff) are easy to get in touch with and respond quickly with easy solutions.

Cons

There is a small learning curve in order to familiarize yourself with all that Flocknote can do, but if you spend a little time on it each week, you'll feel like a pro in no time.

Hi Lori -- wow what a glowing review! It was so kind of you to take some time amidst busy parish life to leave some sweet words for us at Flocknote! We appreciate you and it's our pleasure to serve you so that you can do the real important work in your ministry. God bless! :)