Gesture Reviews

4.63/5 (49 reviews)

Brandi Garcia

Amazing Product

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Most of our donors and guests loved the new aspect of our Auction, including switching to mobile bidding/checking in and out. Instead of the previous years of pen and paper bidding. There were only a few people that preferred the old method and just couldn't seem to get on bored. People were concerned that guests would be on their phones all night and no one would be interacting but it was quite the opposite. People had more time to mingle not having to go back and check the paper bid sheets since there were none. We were looking for an affordable and easy to use mobile bidding auction program and this one did not disappoint. The company sends a representative to the auction to basically be the point person and fix anything that might come up and help with check in, entering data, etc. They show up early and stay through the event. They bring tablets that are easy to use for our volunteers and staff. Entering items and bidders is easy and functional. Your event can go live as soon as you'd like it to so that even donors that can't attend the night of, can bid on items. This increases revenue tremendously. They also helped us with not having small items but focusing on larger items of value and only having around 100-150 silent items. The colorful pictures and descriptions are easy to view on mobile devices. And if guests don't have a smart phone, we can help them bid on our tablets. Guests receive notification of being outbid, but you can add am amount you are willing to pay and Gesture will continue bidding on your behalf until the amount is reached. Guests are also able to check out from their device, so it makes check out a lot faster and smoother. It is a lot easier to collect on balances as well because we collect credit card information before the event. Guests received notification of being outbid, but you can add am amount you are willing to pay and Gesture will continue bidding on your behalf until the amount is reached.

Anne Sturgis

Gesture is the real deal for mobile fundraising; intuitive to use, with great customer support.

Reviewed 2017-11-14

The software is intuitive to use and streamlines so many of the processes that eat up your time when you have to do them manually; we eliminated so many Excel spreadsheets, thanks to everything being easily captured, managed, and tracked right within the software - from auction packages to ticket sales to even the seating and meal requests. Beyond the software, Gesture's customer service was incredible; from the initial sales call all the way through to the event itself, every single Gesture representative we worked with was attentive, helpful, and genuinely interested in helping us have a successful event - which we did. In just the 48 hours since the event concluded, I've received multiple compliments from guests who expressed how "smooth" the night ran and how "seamless" their experience was, from check-in to bidding on auction packages to purchasing raffle tickets to checking out when they won auction packages. We will definitely be using Gesture again, for next year's event!

Annie Palubicki

The software is easy to use and provides a seamless experience for our staff and event guests.

Reviewed 2017-10-27

The software is easy to use. It's intuitive and easy to navigate. It makes my job as an event manager much easier. Adding auction items, auction close out, and financial reporting are a breeze. It is also a smooth process for our guests. Bidding on auction items or making a donation is very easy for them, which means more donations for our cause. We set up our auction online in advance of the event. This gives guests an opportunity to start bidding on silent items, and become familiar with live auction items. All of this leads to more revenue to support our mission. I also appreciate the ability to customize our site so it looks like us. This creates a cohesive experience for our guests and helps us put our brand front and center. As a site administrator, I love the ability to download the generated auction sheets. This is a huge time saver. We also download the receipts and send to guests with a thank you letter after the event. It calculates the tax deductibility automatically on the receipt which is an essential feature.

Crystal Phillips-Pierce, MBA

Gesture offers excellent professional software with outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 2017-10-31

Gesture's software is user-friendly, fun to utilize and has a clean, professional look. I thoroughly appreciate Gesture's frequent software updates. They are continuously in search of even better ways to improve upon the customer experience, which they communicate through their Gesture Innovation Center emails. I believe that they value customer opinions and implement suggestions, accordingly. As an event planner, other companies often approach me, but none offer the experience Gesture has given my clients over the years. Our account manager, Allie Erickson is on top of our every need, patient, accessible, friendly and helpful. Our on-site manager is thoughtful, communicative, professional and kind. The Gesture team is trustworthy, diligent and fully dedicated to their customers. Every year, our attendees highly rate Gesture in our post-event survey. We have remained loyal to Gesture for many years and will continue for many more to come.

Meghan Gauen

Worth the investment to skyrocket your event fundraising!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-10-31

Ultimately, it has very clear ROI for the agency. The transition from paper building to mobile has drastically increased our pre-event and day of event fundraising. My favorite part about the software is the increase in funds collected the night of the event. It was incredibly unfortunately how much staff time we had to dedicate post event to collecting money, for many of our events we not have 100% funds collected the night of the event, which frees our staff up to focus on thanking donors. Lastly, the interface is very easy to understand and navigate. We have a number of events that have more mature attendees, who were skeptical when we began to make the transition from paper to electronic. After one use they all required we use the technology at future events. This is also a credit to the Gesture onsite staff who really meet the attendees where they are at and give extra attention when needed!

Anonymous

My experience with the gesture site was easy, worry and stress free.

Reviewed 2017-12-08

I had a wonderful experience with this software. I found it was easy to make my own auction site. The gesture software is very easy to learn. I am new to the website and it only took me about an hour to figure everything out. Everything is pretty self explanatory. I had to create an auction site for a silent and live auction. Adding each item came with ease. When you go to add an item each section is categorized telling you exactly what information to put in. I also found it very easy to go back and change things if I had made a mistake. The site is easy for others to use and view the auction items I posted. I felt that the crowd we were trying to attract was the older generation of people and this site allowed them to have the ability to see each item without complication. I really liked that the software told you who was watching certain items. It was easy to generate an item sheet in order to print them out and post them for our auction.

Karen Haworth

Great company, easy to use, lots of great features!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-10-31

I have been able to generate reports that I need for sharing with my committee and for tax letters. Also, the on-line bidding system is a favorite of our guests. I love the messaging too. It allows me to send messages to my guests pre, during, and post event. I love that you can generate reports (I use Excel) with information you need for money raised on tickets-silent-live-raffle items, $ raised by donor, FMV vs what was donated for tax purposes, and the list goes on. The spreadsheets can be sorted as you like for your purposes. I also like the messaging. You can send out text messages to your guests for reminders like auction open for bidding, parking, auction closing, links to photos post event, etc. You can also generate tax letters from the site. A lot of great features!

Angel Quinn

Gesture use for our annaul Gala

Used other for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-08-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Aside from the comprehensive report, everything else with gestures was fairly simple and easy to use. The staff from gestures that helped during the event was knowledgeable and able to help and respond quickly and effectively during the event went on which made it less chaotic feeling for us.I love that gesture was easy for our guests to use at our gala. We used it for check in and the process was simple and easy to understand for our volunteers at registration to find info. We used it for our silent auction and guests were able to see the items from their phones and bid very easily and they received notices when they were outbid or when they won. We used it for general donations, selling centerpieces, and checkout. Overall pretty easy to use during the event.

Emily Greene

We've enjoyed working with Gesture, the customer service is outstanding and the site is easy to use!

Reviewed 2017-10-27

Ease of ticket sales and managing all of our fundraising items including silent auction, games, and donations. The site is easy to navigate, the customer service is friendly and attentive, we like the different features like being able to text guests at the event, the site is clean and modern looking, being able to insert sponsor ads throughout the page is great, and the onsite coordinators were a life saver! We also enjoyed the categories options for items and the ease of creating and managing the tickets portal.

Mary Duffy

Gesture helped to organize our large event planning and provided great customer service.

Reviewed 2017-10-27

I have recommended this product to quite a few non profits for the ease of use and the fact that it combines several event planning tasks into one platform. The software allowed us to get rid of excel sheets and a separate ticketing vendor. We like the auction capabilities and simplicity of use. We like that Gesture makes enhancements and improvements based on user feedback. We like the ability to use the helpdesk chat function when we have a question. We like the dashboard and reports. Unrelated to software , but a nice customer service perk is that you have a rep designated to you.

Monica Carey

Software is easy to learn and use. My team felt good support. Dashboard is very motivating

Reviewed 2017-10-30

Great tracking of donors and donations; an easy and effective platform to highlight sponsors of our event; a great summary of our night.We love the dashboard. It's incredibly motivating to see our progress as the event unfolds. We also can compare last year's dashboard to this years and know where we need to step it up. The second best feature are the sponsor ads. We like how they are not only on the homepage but integrated through the software.

Barbara Sawyer

Great experience with Gesture from start to finish. A few glitches but overall, great!

Reviewed 2017-11-02

Ease of use setting up the site with important information. Also, inputting registrants who pay with a check. Honestly, just about everything or we would not have used Gesture for a second time. Support was fantastic!

Jill Kelly

Great product, great people.

Reviewed 2017-11-01

It makes my online auction much easier. The best thing about Gesture are the people who work there! We LOVE our account rep - she is super responsive. The folks that come out to work the auction are always wonderful too. The extra staff support is essential to our event! I also think the interface is very user-friendly and not overly complicated.

Robert Kennedy

Gesture made our event more successful due to the right balance of technology & customer service.

Reviewed 2017-10-31

Breakout of where sales came form/who won what/I could call the winners easily.Ease of use and Dashboard-as well as as detail when I needed to review it. The "live" feature si amazing as well as ability to adjust prices, text messages,etc to gain funds.

Kyla Mrazek

We love Gesture - it is great! Easy to use, great onsite teams and it helps you raise more money.

Reviewed 2017-11-29

From a guest perspective, it's easy to use, the onsite staff is helpful and it makes bidding quick and fun. From an adminstrator perspective, entering items is user-friendly, the software takes much of the manual work outu of your auction and the Gesture team makes sure you're supported throughout the whole process. The best part is that you can open your auction before your event begins, so you're making money before a guest has even arrived!

Anonymous

My experience with Gesture has been nothing but positive.

Reviewed 2017-11-01

I love the fact that the Auction is not limited to those who are physically at the event. The fact that there is a website that allows ANYONE to bid on auction items widens our bandwidth and allows for a much higher return. Additionally, the customer service is always impeccable. They are willing to answer any question or jump on a conference call to discuss questions or concerns and they always make sure to accommodate our needs.

Debbie Mitchelson

The Gestures site is easy to use.

Reviewed 2017-10-27

This software has streamlined our event process making report processes to our Board and Committees easier and better organized. Most of all the reports have helped us to determine how to make the event better from year to year.The customer support is great and always available. The reports produced by the software are very helpful in making decisions for the future of our events.

Ron Lowry

Excellent support, fantastic employees and great experience.

Reviewed 2018-04-10

Easy setup, quick additions, and edits, and instant results after the event. Great reporting is available also.The software is so easy to use, from a loading standpoint to the night of the event. Changes made easily from the cell phone. Really good software.

Heather Owen

It's been easy and there has been a lot of support.

Reviewed 2017-12-14

Increased our revenue for silent auction, made check in and check out easy for our event, allowed us to grow our event with the support staffThe reports, how easy it is to look up what im looking for (a particular guest, an item, ticket sales etc)

Angel Quinn

Great for multiple areas of events especially registration and auction purposes

Reviewed 2018-02-12
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall I do like the ease that gestures brings to our events. We have worked with other software like bid pal in the past and I prefer gestures as they have easier and more fluid capabilities for what we need.The ease of registration is refreshing. They have staff that assists along side our staff and have made event check in/out a seamless process

Courtney Amado

software is very easy to use, excellent for collecting payment at checkout

Reviewed 2017-10-30

The fact that we have people there to help facilitate check in and check out was really beneficial for our event. It helped ensure that our guests would be paying by the end of the night and the extra helped also help take pressure off of our team to tend to the other auction logistics.

Mandy Darr

Easy-to-use mobile bidding platform

Reviewed 2018-04-24
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall a great product--and so critical to a successful silent auction!Text to bid and online auction capabilities. Bidders receive text messages when they are outbid on items. You can also set up instant purchases, text to donate, or purchase raffle tickets. You can now customize the online website to your organization or event colors, logo and information. Great customer support.

Amelia Drozda

Gesture has helped make day of customer service smoother and check out quicker.

Reviewed 2017-10-27

The software is easy to use to update auction items and see how things are tracking during the event.

Beth Stremel

Gesture is a very responsive and helpful company.

Reviewed 2017-10-31

The ticketing and auction aspects of the software are easy to set up and change and it provides the guests at our events with a great experience.

Michele Prevdel

Gesture Review

Reviewed 2018-07-25
Review Source: Software Advice

This product is great for silent auctions for fundraising events. Making changes (text content) even after your event goes lives, take merely moments and so efficient. If you have any questions, customer service is available via phone or email with fast responses.