GrantHub Reviews

4.67/5 (54 reviews)

Sharon Civitello

Makes Grant Writing so Easy

Reviewed 2017-02-01

I love the answer bank. It is easy to set up, update and access. I use it every single time I write a grant or grant report. I also love the customer support that is always available through the chat feature. My questions are answered as soon as I ask them. Instant gratification. There is so much more I can do with Grant Hub. I need to find the time to update all my information and deadlines. I plan to retire in the next year and this will be so valuable to the person who takes my place. It will make the transition so much easier.

Pros
Makes it so much easier to write grants.

Cons
So far I have not figured out a way to input years of past grant information.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Hi Sharon - I am going to have someone from our customer success team reach out to you. We offer a import service of your funders and past grants at no additional charge. So we can help you get your past information loaded into GrantHub. You can also enter them one by one by adding a new opportunity and just setting the dates in the past. But why do that if we can help import! Thanks for the review.

Julie Rodda

I have been using GrantHub for 10 months and have found it incredibly helpful for grant seeking.

Reviewed 2017-11-09

Haven't missed a single deadline since I enrolled. I like having a pool of funder names, contacts and information available no matter where I'm working from.

Pros
What I like most? The ability to set deadlines, reminders and include others in as necessary. With multiple clients , juggling dozens of deadlines over a 2-3 month window, it keeps me from missing important details. At times, reminders are my best friend!

Cons
Having to save/close one window before opening another--example: Inserting a new opportunity, identifying the 'funder' or 'funder contact'. I can't click on that and fill details there, I have to save, close, open funder contact/info and create a new funder as a separate function. Once that funder is created, it's great, but it is a side step when working in an opportunity.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Hi Julie, Thanks for the suggestion of making the flow of adding new opportunities/funders/contacts easier. We added a link to add a funder quickly - but you are right, if you want to add a contact for that funder at the same time - you do have to set that up separately. I'll take this back to the team and see if we can streamline it. Thanks again!

Sarah Steffen

Great tool. This had made grant tracking and managing deadlines so much easier!

Reviewed 2018-07-02

Pros
Ease of use. You don't need a training to use the software. Support is great, helping with any questions or issues you may have.

Cons
Wish there was a way to track if checks have been received yet, what account it was deposited in, and where the funds could be allocated to or restrictions on the grant. Basically more options for managing a restricted grant once awarded.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thanks Sarah!
The ability to track payments/receipts for awarded grants is a great extension to GrantHub's functionality. Thanks for letting us know you are interested in it!

Kristen Giblin

Definitely makes it easier to track deadlines and awards.

Reviewed 2018-07-02

Pros
I really like that I can access it from any computer so I don't necessarily have to be in the office to view it or make updates. I also like that I can add as many funders as I need to. It's very user friendly and pretty intuitive.

Cons
The site can be slow to load at times, and clicking between the various pages can go slow as well. I also wish their were a few more customization options.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thanks for sharing your feedback on GrantHub! We'll pass your comments about load time to our team.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kim Theva

I love Grant Hub. It makes it so much easier to keep track of all aspects of my work with a funder.

Reviewed 2017-09-06

Pros
I like the ability to query my data, which I couldn't effectively do with my spreadsheets. However, they took my spreadsheets and uploaded them into their system so I instantly had two years of history in my database. They are willing and eager to look at customer suggestions and try to improve the system.

Cons
They are gaining clients so quickly that sometimes there is a lag in the system response time. They are working to upgrade their system to combat this effect.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Hi Kim!
Thank you for the review! I'm glad you are enjoying GrantHub and able to dig into your grant history. Its nice to compare your efforts to previous years! Thank you for the feedback - keep it coming!

Michael Crittell

GrantHub has been such a wonderful, efficient way to capture our nonprofit's grant data.

Reviewed 2017-11-13

To view financial data quickly, as well as store relationship and stewardship data.

Pros
GrantHub is awesome for creating data centered around just grant data! No other management system focuses on just this.

Cons
While GrantHub accomplishes the basics of what our organization needs, GrantHub doesn't always capture the details in the way we necessarily need. Perhaps the reports we need are highly custom. However, when possible, the GrantHub team has managed to help out in they way it can.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you Micheal for the review and feedback. We appreciate your input for more reporting features and will definitely consider that for future updates.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Blair Brettschneider

GrantHub is great and helps me stay on top of deadlines!

Reviewed 2018-07-09

Pros
It's very intuitive and keeps all the information that I need. I like that I can have it send me reminders to do certain tasks, and that you can connect to Guidestar and look up foundation information.

Cons
I wish there were an easier way to delete old users but that's about it. Also it's pricey - but definitely an important expense so I turn in grants on time.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your feedback and input Blair! We will add another vote to the suggestion of deleting or archiving past users. We are considering this for future updates of GrantHub.

Kelly Criss

I've been a user for about a year and use GrantHub as my primary deadline tracker.

Reviewed 2018-06-22

Pros
I enjoy that you can add as much or as little information about funders as you'd like. And that the deadlines can all be customized.

Cons
The homepage/dashboard is a little busy visually. I wonder if there's a better way to streamline things?

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review! Glad to hear the system is working well for you. We'll be sure to share your feedback with the team.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Lisa Pearce

Having all of our grant obligations organized in one place means never missing a deadline again!

Reviewed 2017-11-22

I truly could not manage all of our commitments without GrantHub. The ease of reporting, assigning tasks and entering deadlines makes my job so much easier in communicating with our resource team. Creating a grant strategy is critical to increasing organizational capacity and GrantHub enabled me to do it without a struggle. The trainings offered via free webinars are the icing on the cake!

Pros
I think it's the user friendly features. The well thought out tabs offering such tools as tasks, reports, a handy library for our best answers and organizational information. No matter how large or small your non-profit is, GrantHub will save you time. The affordability of GrantHub makes it an easy sell to any board or CFO. Lastly, the tech support chat feature. Everyone is extremely knowledgeable and responsive to questions no matter how simple the fix. That makes it easy to learn!

Bret Denning

GrantHub has been a valuable tool in the short time we have been using it.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Pros
It's very easy to use and to navigate around the site. It allows us to have a centralized location for all of our grant activities, something we've never had before. I like the ability to generate reports quickly and to store information in the answers library.

Cons
I wish there was a way to customize the system to make it most effective for my needs. I would love the ability to determine on my own what fields should be required and what fields should not. Also, it would be great if I could add fields to the existing template, specifically regarding grant awards. For example, while it helps to show the total grant amount, it would be great if I could add fields showing how much was direct costs and how much was allocated to indirect costs or how much was going to subcontractors. I could give other examples but that is the general idea, I will the software gave users the ability to customize the settings to most effectively meet our individual needs or concerns.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thanks for your review, Bret! We are happy to hear you have found GrantHub to be a valuable tool. We appreciate your feedback and will ensure it is shared with our team as we continually look for ways to improve the solution.

Willard Dix

Almost as Good as Having an Expert Do Things For You

Reviewed 2018-12-04

My small non-profit needed the organizational power desperately, and we found it here.

Pros
Being new to the grant seeking arena, I can use all the help I can get. Previously, my organization was using spreadsheets and so on to record grants, due dates, etc. Everything seemed arbitrary and it was difficult to keep track of deadlines, due dates, and other important data. This software is like a roadmap in the wilderness. I can't say enough good things about it.

Cons
Not too much in this category. There are some functions that could be added, like letting the user see a stored document without having to download it first, but these are minor compared to its overall value.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for the review and feedback! We enjoy getting suggestions like yours on new ways to increase your productivity with GrantHub.

Thomas Bunch

Impressions of a Newcomer

Reviewed 2018-12-05

My mail concern before hearing about GrantHub at a workshop was how to organize everything that I envisioned would be going on in the grant application and funding process. This software solved my problem and I am extremely happy.

Pros
I like the ease of how to use it as if it were written by a user rather than a software tech. I like the online support. Have used this feature often as I learned the software and found the techs to be very responsive and helpful. Learn more with each webinar.

Cons
Since I am new to this arena, I have no comparisons for which to judge this product. Therefore I have no least likes at this time.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you Thomas - make sure to send us any suggestions you have as you continue to use GrantHub! We are glad you are happy and GrantHub is helpful in organizing and managing your process.

Anonymous

The tool you MUST have

Reviewed 2018-07-02

Pros
This tool is easy to navigate and keeps information close at hand for multiple asks at once! The fact that I can pull reports and see at a glance where I am in priceless.

Cons
I would love for it to be more affordable but it's worth its weight in gold. Splurge and find out how much it can help in your daily work.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Julie Rice

GrantHub review

Reviewed 2017-02-01

I am a grant writer who has worked with multiple organizations to obtain a wide variety of grant funding over the years. All of them have used the traditional spreadsheet method of grant tracking alongside overly complex CRM products that were designed for another purpose. When I first looked at GrantHub I thought someone who actually writes grants had finally designed a product to be used specifically for our purposes, and in exploring it further (with 2 clients) it has not disappointed. Existing information was easily migrated, customer service is fast and effective (and rarely needed), suggestions often become software updates, and best of all it provides a centralized, living snapshot (and supporting detail) of all grants in a form and format that even the most technologically challenged individuals can master.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for the review Julie! We interviewed countless grant consultants, grant professionals, development directors and nonprofit executives when we initially designed GrantHub and we continue to look for - and value highly - your continued feedback. We are pleased that you are benefiting from using GrantHub.

Enrique Olivarez

Amazing asset to use, since we have so many grant and reporting deadlines.

Reviewed 2018-07-02

Pros
I like the HOME dashboard. I'm able to see results, outstanding deadlines, amount raised, amount declined, etc.

Cons
On the HOME page, with Awarded, I can't seem to see awarded for a single fiscal year without having to run a report, and sort it by dates.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your providing your feedback for other grantseekers. We appreciate your time!

Betsey Kamm, MBA, CFRE

GrantHub is very helpful in keeping everything in one place and having reminders of deadlines.

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-07-02

Having a lot of information about funders, deadlines and grant proposal elements that we use routinely aggregated in one place has been very helpful in keeping organized.

Pros
I finally have everything in one place and not in spreadsheets, calendars and emails. When I had to provide information on our grant seeking to a consultant it was very easy to download the history which the person receiving it greatly appreciated.

Cons
The interface is pretty mundane. It could be more aesthetically pleasing. Integration with Outlook could be beneficial also--e.g. putting deadlines on a calendar.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Hi Betsey,
Thanks for the input on future enhancements. We are looking at calendar functionality. I will add your vote!

Sandie Barrie

GrantHub Excellent Product

Reviewed 2018-12-04

We are planning to take on writing more applications because it is not taking as long to maintain our regular applications that are done each year. I would highly recommend GrantHub its features and price point are reasonable for a medium-sized nonprofit organization, wanting to write grants as a main fund raising method.

Pros
Moved from an Excel spreadsheet to manage about 50 applications a year. Much easier to handle and put out monthly reports for the Grant Team and the Board of Directors.

Cons
Save button is not the same on each page.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thanks for your review and suggestion, Sandi! And best wishes on the additional applications you undertake!

Brooke Richards

GrantHub makes my job as a grants manager for a large non-profit simpler and easier to do well.

Reviewed 2018-07-02

Easier task management, archival tools, and a quick report on our grants activity at any point in time.

Pros
The software is intuitive and easy to use. I love using the tasks feature to set automated reminders for each responsible party on a grant.

Cons
Documents do not copy over when a grant opportunity is copied for the next year. I also have not found a way to pull items directly from the Answer Library to a grant application.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Glad to hear it helps make your job easier, that's our goal!

Sarah Mechtenberg

Worth the Investment to Get Yourself Organized

Reviewed 2017-02-14

I have really liked using Grant Hub. Previously, my organization relied on using Excel to manage deadlines for grant submissions, reports, contact, etc. It was very difficult to use Excel because it didn't flow nicely with ongoing/rolling deadlines. With GrantHub my colleagues and I (who are remotely based at two different international locations) can easily collaborate on projects. I personally appreciate the automated email reminders, the notes section, and the ability to upload all the documents (requests, reports, thank you notes, etc) that have been sent to a particular funder. GrantHub has helped us work in a more efficient and successful manner as a team.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for the review Sarah! We are happy that you find GrantHub to be useful in collaborating with your grant team - especially because they are remote. That has been a key feature we consider as we develop GrantHub.

Ramani Manjeri

Manage grant process like an ace

Reviewed 2018-11-07

it has been really wonderful using GrantHub. It has brought in accountability, transparency and team work in the grant process.

Pros
feature rich, cloud based, ease of use, work flow process, reports

Cons
glued into the US market. scope is there for some advanced features.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thanks Ramani, we will continue to look at expanding the ways our platform can support more geographies.

Patsy Stills

Perfect for all the work that goes into putting a grant together

Reviewed 2017-11-13

Tracking, coordinating, data record keeping and ease of use.

Pros
How you can look up similar agencies near by, see who funds them and then pull that foundation's information into your bank of resources. FABULOUS! Tremendous support, any time, always. Cost Not a lot of parts I don't need Charts, reports

Cons
No way to really say...this particular opportunity does not have an external due date, it's open all the time. Maybe you can use rolling or assign one, but it would be good to have an internal and and external due date. In that case the external would be "none" and the internal would be whatever I decide is reasonable for my schedule. Let's get some additional reports that combine $ and #

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thanks for the input Patsy. I will definitely take your feedback on the due dates and reporting to the team for future consideration.

Joshua Kruer

User-Freindly

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-02-12

Pros
I found GrantHub in my grant-seeking search this year. I appreciate a central hub for all this information but the cost deterred my interest. I think the cost is well worth it for most organizations but I have since opted to use my local resources at the library.

Cons
Not much to say here except that I wish it was free. But, hey, the cost of the app and the applications for the grants themselves are a necessary cost and should not deter most users. Other than that, I highly recommend.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Maggie Friedline

Easy to use and you'll never miss a deadline!

Reviewed 2017-02-01

GrantHub is easy to understand and a great way to store all grant information in one place. You can store funder information, grant deadlines, notes from contact with funders, and tasks (LOIs, reports, thank you letters, etc) and assign them to the appropriate people. GrantHub will remind you of upcoming deadlines so that you never miss an opportunity and you can copy opportunities from one year to the next so that you don't have to reenter deadlines each year. It also keeps track of awarded, denied, and pending grants for the year. This software has streamlined our grants process and allowed us to get rid of bulky spreadsheets.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you for your review Maggie!

Katie DiBerardinis

I find GrantHub very user friendly. It's easy to navigate and the customer service is great.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Pros
The graphs depicting what's been awarded, planned, etc are great. Also the tasks that are upcoming and the reminders. I also like the Foundation feature which allows me to keep updated information on each contact. It's great to have everything in one place.

Cons
There are some features that could be tweaked, such as the Answer Library. I would love it if I could modify my answers in the files, similar to a Google Document. Now if I upload a file, I have to delete it and upload a new file with my updates.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Hi Katie,
We are glad that you are enjoying GrantHub. And thank you for the input on tuning our Answer Library. We will pass that along to our development team for consideration.

Jamie Healy

Excellent grants database

Reviewed 2017-02-14

My management solution of choice. Keeps everything in one place. Keeps me on top of my deadlines and sends me much needed reminders so I don't miss any important details. Allows other members of the leadership team to check the status of where we are - my reporting is super simplified.

Response from Foundant Technologies

Thank you Jamie! We've enjoyed having you as a customer, and also having you participate in our webinars and share your grant knowledge / best practices with our other customers!