eCivis

Grant management for state, local & tribal governments

eCivis Reviews - Page 2

I have had all positive experiences with eCivis.

Able to find grants all in one location, which is very helpful.

Pros

I like that I am able to pinpoint the types of grants I am looking for. I like that I can email through the system to users that do not have eCivis. I like the reminder task notification emails.

Cons

I don't really have any cons. Our city only uses the pre-award portion, which I have found to be very easy to use.

User friendly!

Pros

With most grant software I was unable to have other people work on them. There was always an issue about who would do what and when the project would be completed. With this program I am able to have multiple users registered in one grant project. There I can assign a specific task to someone and can go back and see the progress that has been made to it. This has helped greatly because we have a team of three that usually works on the same grant.

Cons

One of the issues that I have been experiencing is getting the search agent that I hae emailed to me to give me the appropriate grants that I am looking for. I have made specific change sin the filter area but I still get grant notifications that are not relevant to what the organization and does. Therefore, I cannot apply and it just gives me more work to do because I have to filter through the grants that should have already been filtered by the program. If there were more options when creating the search engine agent I think it would give more accurate results and create a better search.

The software is very easy to use and has an intuitive interface.

It has helped us become better at evaluating our projects and thinking outside of the box when it comes to looking for funding options.

Pros

Ease of use, consistency of placement of the critical elements needed to make decisions. The weekly updates are also great for keeping me in the mindset of looking for grant opportunities.

Cons

There really haven't ran across anything negative in using the software. I left a mid pack response on the value question within the survey simply because I'm not involved with the financial decision to use eCivis. Operationally, it's great!

eCivis has been a great tool to have and the support staff has been just as wonderful.

Pros

I love how user friendly the software is and how available the staff is to help us. Even if staff is not available, they always make the time to reach out to us and make an appointment.

Cons

It would be helpful if we could get grants targeted specifically for our state as opposed to getting several that we are not eligible for.

As a Grants Researcher, it gives me great leads to new grant request for proposals!

This software helps me when searching for grants for our faculty on campus. Also, I put together a bi monthly report with upcoming deadlines for grants that might be of interest of anybody on our campus, and the Daily New and Updated reports that I get from eCivis is an invaluable tool for that purpose.

Pros

Daily New and Updated Grants Notification. Easy to navigate website. Great tool for researching specific Primary Investigators needs; from programmatic needed funds, to specific disease or research needs.

Cons

Some are not relevant to my needs. Since I am solely interested in looking for open calls for proposals for grants health related, I do not utilize the website for all of its capacity, so my input is limited to what I used, which is the daily new grant and updated notifications.

Massive functionality and robust data mining

Pros

Massive functionality. The end-user does well to complete periodic refresher courses to keep abreast of all the features offered by the software.

Cons

Pricing may be a challenge for smaller organizations. Not sure if the price point could be commensurate to the number of users, organization asset size, or type of organization.

Easy to find what I am looking for.

Pros

I am able to break down exactly what I am looking for to find funding opportunities for the department in which I work. I am able to easily determine if the grants found will work within the mission of the institution I serve to best aid in the success of our students and campus.

Cons

The timeframe in which some of the grants must be submitted once finally posted to the site, even though this is at no fault of the site, but something determined by the grant committee submitting the grant to the site.

AWESOME!!

Finding grants I never knew existed!

Pros

I love that I can easily look up grants and find different types. This is a GREAT service!! I love that it gives you options for foundations, federal and state.

Cons

I do not like the feature of looking at a grant and having to go back in and out to see certain tabs. Instead of saving a grant, I would like to tag it for interest for later review and if I close out of the grant, it takes me back to the top and I cannot remember what I looked at and didn't in a long list.

Lee County Sheriff's Office review of eCivis Service

ECivis is a valuable tool for the Lee County Sheriff's Office. I use it regularly to search for supplemental funding for a wide range of projects. I also review the email blast of new grants available on a daily basis. Perhaps the most valuable feature is the function that updates users on any changes to saved grant announcements. We apply for multiple recurring grants that never seem to have the...

eCivis - The One Place to Get Everything for Grants

The system allows me to search by topic and to subscribe so that I get e-mails when my Key Words are mentioned in a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA). My primary goal is to search for federal funds. The eCivis system has a tab for the pertaining documents where they have the Federal Register for the NOFA, the applications, and all published information. I don't have to go and search the agency...

Cons

I use eCivis to research grant opportunities for the City of Tulsa.

Pros

I like the variety of grant opportunities that eCivis lists on a weekly basis. These are opportunities that I may not have known about were it not for eCivis.

Cons

Sometimes, the time period between when the grant opportunity is posted on eCivis and when the application is actually due may be too short.

E-civis for Alachua County nonprofits is a huge benefit.

Pros

Information is easy to access and to assess. It's very complete, and generally really clear as to what the funding organization is looking for.

Cons

Lots and lots of things, so sometimes hard to sort down to our specific needs. There are many opportunities, but only some of them are good fits.

eCivis is easy to use and staff is extremely helpful.

Pros

Ease of use and various layers of grants management. Provides for all levels of grants management for an organization.

Cons

Some times hard to send grant opportunities to non-users within organization. Takes a few extra steps then simply forwarding an email with opportunity provided for review.

good. garners us money every year

eCivis helps us find grants to support our 501c3 nonprofit shelter.

Pros

The weekly reminder emails are helpful to keep us in the know. We use it at least four times yearly.

Cons

We sometimes wish there were more info on average grant awarded were more readily available. Other than that, not too many cons.

The eCivis software is an excellent place to look for funding opportunities and it's user-friendly.

The software is a great way to find grant opportunities, and to narrow our search for relevant funding opportunities.

Pros

With so many grant opportunities, it can be a challenge to find every relevant grant to apply for. This software is not only easy to use, it's a streamlined approach to narrowing our search for grants that make sense for our organization.

Cons

The software can take some time to learn how to use. That said, eCivis offers training, and I found that after only a few hours of playing around with it that I got used to the search process and have appreciated the funding opportunities we've found so far.

Wonderful grants software!

My work involves both the grant development and grant management aspects. eCivis has been a valuable resource in finding grants that fit the college's needs and priorities, as well as maintaining the records, keeping track of reporting deadlines, and generating complex reports. All of these functions could definitely not be possible in a spreadsheet or database and the fact that you can access it from...

Cons

Easy way to save keywords and find relevant grants in my email

Setting up keywords for grants I am interested in and receiving email notifications when relevant grants are released. I also like the links to grant management articles and such.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is the grant search functionality. I especially like that I can set up key words and when relevant grants are released ecivis will send an email showing me grants matching my saved searches.

Cons

I don't seem to use all the features that ecivis offers. Specifically I prefer using my own proposal and grant management process than the features offered by ecivis.

eCivis provides information on funding opportunities that we have not seen elsewhere

Pros

Daily emails on topics of my interest, with intro to opportunities not discovered by other vehicles.

Cons

Opportunities tend to be for lower funding levels than desired.

This is a quick and easy way to search for grants and provide my boss a summary of the requirements.

Pros

Snapshot of the available funding opportunities (grants) - eliminates the need to read through every funding opportunity that is at least 60-70 pages and then spending time trying to understand the terminology used. eCivis speaks in words that make sense.

Cons

I have struggled with using this system to track, update, set deadlines for the grants I have researched but in all fairness to eCivis, that is because I have not taken advantage of the resources available within eCivis.

My organization uses eCivis to seek new grant funding.

Pros

A wealth of information is standardized and the funding search function can be precisely streamlined. The training corner is also useful for onboarding new hires.

Cons

It is difficult to create and edit reports. The project management section is not intuitive. A contact log is not included in the toolset.

The central location of documents for me is essential for organization providing great efficiency.

The efficiency of organizing the documents in one place.

Pros

I am able to review documents on-line, send notes, and notices on webinars. The additional support through out the year is a benefit.

Cons

The product was introduced on the particular need for the service. This did not allow for a thorough understanding of what the product can do.

Practical, Efficient and Transparent

Pros

I particularly like the reminders and the Grant Announcements. I also appreciate that it serves as a repository for multiple departments who typically operate using different networks/servers.

Cons

Initially it took me quite some time to navigate. I thought training would help, and although I learned more about the features of the system, it still takes me a while to navigate. However, I eventually find accomplish the task.

Easy to explore grant opportunities that I never knew existed.

Pros

The information about each opportunity is concise, and therefore easy for me to quickly review for relevancy to my work.

Cons

Sometimes there's so much information and not enough ability to filter the results (or at least I don't know how to filter the results).

Very good, just started using it

Pros

good information flow with automatic notices about grant offerings, and ability to track where things are in the process, i.e., grants applied for, grants awarded, who is applying, etc. It is a holistic system.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet as I am just starting to use it. I get grant updates daily and I like the ability to find out right away by clicking on the different tabs whether or not we are eligible.

eCivis is a great tool for identifying and vetting grant opportunities. I highly recommend it.

It is the BEST way to identify funding opportunities or proactively research cyclical opportunities.

Pros

eCivis is easy to use and provides all the relevant information in a clear manner. When colleagues ask me to help them find funding opportunities I give them a quick overview of eCivis so they can find opportunities on their own too.

Cons

I really cannot think of anything that I would change about the system. It has continued to evolve and improve over the years.