eCivis

Grant management for state, local & tribal governments

eCivis Reviews - Page 3

it's a great data base for keeping everything together.

Pros

This software allows for easy access to multiple documents. It is easy to change information for task reports.

Cons

I don't like that once a grant has been closed, no new reports can be added. Sometimes revised reports have to be submitted, but once closed, the information has to be uploaded as a regular document. Also, for running reports, there should be date ranges instead of just selecting 30,60,90 etc.

The service keeps me updated on available grant opportunities.

The available grant notices and the training that is made available for use of the product.

Pros

The website allows its patrons to use the site as a depository of its grant applications which gives other staff the opportunity to work on the application with ease.

Cons

There are no specific cons or issues that I have had or noticed when using this software. There are no improvements needed that I can think of at this time.

Usefully comprehensive database of current and past funding opportunities.

Pros

It takes the pain out of looking for and tracking grant prospects. It's especially useful to get alerts for new cycles of grants we've considered or applied to in the past---and to get alerts for customized key word searches on new areas of interest.

Cons

Project management and grants management tools are more limited and not user-friendly or intuitive. The database is organized by topical Projects that don't work efficiently with how our agency subdivides our work.

McAllen's Grant Administration Recommends Civis

The City of McAllen's Grant Administration team uses eCivis on a daily basis to research and manage grant projects because it's fast, intuitive and customizable to work with our schedules. eCivis not only presents current and potential grant opportunities but also makes past grants available for research ' a notable resource when some agencies' websites do not publicize this information. eCivis customer service has an outstanding response time as they typically get back to us with answers to our inquiries within the same day, minutes even! eCivis is excellent in that it tracks user activity, which helps us determine our organization's user trends, metrics and grant profile, another great tool for demonstrating its value come budget season.

Cons

I've always found it very easy to use the software. I enjoy being able to look in one place for mult

Pros

I like the fact that there are tutorials if there is something that you don't really understand. I also like the search method so you won't have to see ALL grants that have nothing to do with what you are looking for. I like how the system keeps up with your progress for you.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the software. I have never had any issues with the software.

eCivis has been a time saver in searching for grants and a good resource of other grant info.

I've been writing grants for eight years, and now teach grant writing for the health department. All my students (employees) sign up for eCivis and use it for their class homework to get them started finding funding opportunities. We have found the website easy to use and the information helpful. I use some of the eCivis handouts and educational information in class. The eCivis representative is great about getting students access to the website, usually within the same day as my request, and also helping those who need assistance. A few have used the grant tracking features, too. And the eCivis training sessions are helpful. But mostly it helps to save time in searching for funding opportunities, which is easy to do without training.

Cons

An overall positive experience. I like the roll-out presentation of the funding opportunities.

Pros

The roll-out presentation of the funding opportunities are very clear and concise. I like how they are broken out into different categories (ie state, federal, etc).

Cons

Wish there were more funding opportunities to choose from. Our organization also uses Ecivis for grants, and there seem to be many more funding options throughout the month.

A very useful program for a grant writer

Overall this is a very useful tool. The ability to search grants and share them with authorized Personnel is very useful.

Pros

The ability to search grants is incredible! Its a very refined system that makes grant searching easer then just looking on the web. I would recommend this to any orginization that has limited funds for hiring employees. This software is definitely cheaper than hiring a full-time grant writer.

Cons

There are not many cons about this software. It's very well refined and easy to use. However, 4 smaller municipalities, institutions, and organizations the software might be too sophisticated. In spite of that, I would still recommend use of the software.

Receive updates on a daily basis. Forward opportunities to all departments in the County

Gives a broad base of information. Great for state, foundation, and corporate grants, which are not easily tracked. For federal grants, grants.gov is sufficient, and eCivis is a redundant system that can catch anything that got by us. The grant opportunities that are forwarded to us each morning are often restricted to other parts of the country. It would be great if the selected opportunities were more appropriate (even if it means sending less each day). Pricing guidelines for the service remain a mystery, and is creating issues with the County Procurement Department. Customer Service is quick, responsive, friendly, and overall fantastic. It's a good service with many benefits and few drawbacks.

Best resource available

Having successfully received funding in the access of $19,000 through using eCivis I must say this is the best funding website I have used. The Client Services Associates were extremely helpful with providing me with possible funding opportunities, via emails, for my project and reminders to check the website. The website is easy to use. The funding information ensures that the funding being sort matches the need and the criteria for the funding is explained in full detail. Help and training is readily available. The client associates are always just a phone call or email away with an excellent response time. I would recommend eCivis website to anyone interesting in seeking funding.

Cons

Overall experience is good. Customer service is great - very responsive.

Notifications of grants that are new to our organization. And notification of grant cycles that are open or that have deadlines approaching.

Pros

The regular emails of grant announcements help to let me know of cycles that are open and especially of any upcoming deadlines.

Cons

The grant announcements that get emailed could be filtered more, or at the very least by state. We get emails for grants that we don't qualify for because of this.

Staff don't know what to do so they just upload massive info on the wrong grants. Need coordination

Ideally this would be the place where all information regarding grants is available. In the real world it's more work without a clear explanation.

Pros

That it's a start on what is needed. The expectations are too high for a resource that isn't funded at the agency level. Great idea, horrible implementation.

Cons

We don't have agency coordinators that have the time to truly coordinate what is expected and needed in eCivix

Very user friendly

Access to grants

Pros

I liked that I am able to see prior application so I can see an example of what has been submitted in the past.

Cons

Would like reminder tickers for grants so that I can be reminded of grants that are upcoming based on my searches and or grants that I have looked into.

One Stop Research for Grant/Funding Opportunites

Our county has been using eCivis for many years. I have found their comprehensive collections of solicitations eases the need to search multiple websites, thus a one-stop-shop. The summaries provided allow you to briefly review before investing time in reading through a whole solicitation to find out the funding source has set limitations or your intended project just won't fit their goals. As with any solicitation you plan to submit a proposal, this is a great starting point. Contacting the grantor is always recommended to ask any specific questions, however, if you want to know if this grant is for your agency, here is the best place to start.

Cons

An essential tool for growth and success

I have past grant administration experience, but I am new to the geographical area and researching for grant opportunities. I find eCivis is the tool I use literally every day. The NOFA's and past award documentation, key word search, and email alerts are items that benefit any organization. Customer service is responsive and solution-minded and I have found the frequent webinars to be helpful. As a past municipal administrator, I wish I had used eCivis to help counter constantly shrinking budgets and to propagate partnerships and relationships with the city. I think municipalities and communities of all sizes can benefit from this program.

Cons

My experience with e-civis has been great

Pros

I love the fact that all grants are located in one grant research portal. There are so many sites to research grants. The fact that e-civis combines all grants in one location is nice.

Cons

I do not care for the dashboard layout. I feel like it is too much on the screen. I would like to see a sleeker, more refined screen.

It is a GREAT Service

Pros

It is short and sweet and to the point. the summary area allows you to scan the information with out having to research

Cons

I can't think of any thing I don't like about it. It is so user friendly and so informative. Its quick and easy

Excellent resource for non-profit agencies!

I have used eCivis for the past five years and because of the excellent service I have turned down multiple offers from other grant research companies to try their product. The weekly grant updates are useful and the details are easy to access when a potential funding match is identified. Customer service is prompt when needed, but the best part is that I have not had much reason to use them -- everything is easily accessible and intuitive to learn. As a CEO of a non-profit with a million dollar budget, I can heartily say that eCivis is a great match for other similar organizations.

Cons

New ECVIS user and it has been easy to learn!

Pros

Ease of use. It was a very easy software to learn. Customer support is amazing. Anytime I have a had a question, an email does the trick!

Cons

I haven't had any cons to speak of since I have started this software. It works just fine with customer service being A+

Capterra

The Osage Nation purchased the eCivis grants software about three years ago. Before eCivis, we maintained our grants using excel spreadsheets and grant documentation was kept with the program and the accounting department. Since having eCivis the Osage Nation has been able to have a centralized data base of all of our grants which is transparent to the Osage Nation Executive Office. It allows the administration to keep up with compliance and program measures. eCivis is on track to have a great software with continued enhancements tailored to the needs of Indian Country.

Cons

ECivis is a great resource!

Funding!

Pros

I like the support most. It is also easy to search for incredibly specific local and national grants.

Cons

I do not have any problems with the software. I just need more time to utilize the great resource that has been made available to me.

It's a great, comprehensive software, use it every day and love the access to everything needed.

Really love the access to everything needed to apply for grants including links to the NOFAs, budgets, reviews, pre-award files, grant applications, contact information and suggestions. Your trainings are very useful, well organized and timely as well as your legislative insights. The only negative, which occurs infrequently, is how some grant opportunities are posted late while government websites have had them posted for a while. Otherwise, I really cannot find anything that would be a negative on this software. eCivis thought of everything.

eCivis Works

Using eCivis, more than $400,000 has been awarded to county agencies and nonprofits this year and we are waiting for determination on $1,219,447. We've submitted 29 grant applications so far in 2014. The Grants Network keeps me informed about upcoming notices of funding availability on a daily basis. Every week I get a list of new and renewed grant opportunities. I can view previously funded applications. I can share grant opportunities with other interested parties. I have contact information for the funder. eCivis does everything except write the grant!

eCivis Research/Reporting and Tracking modules

The Research module has allowed us to push the searching of possible grants out to the user departments who are more aware of what their detailed needs truly are. The reporting and tracking module allows us to better track the progress of grant projects on a county-wide basis and still be able to drill down to details. Several good reports, however they really need to add an actual expenditure to budget variance report for us to fully be able to rely on the reporting and tracking module rather than our separate financial general ledger system.

Request by e-Civis

I am a Planner with the Lee County Sheriff's Office. I utilize eCivis daily in locating law enforcement funding for our agency. Often, I receive valuable training information, as well as updates that may be valuable to my research. I use eCivis as a teaching tool for new Planners coming into our Unit. I have used eCivis for about 10 years and I would be lost without it. They have a tremendous database of information from which to choose, as well as well informed technicians. They make my researching much easier. Thank you, eCivis.