eCivis

Grant management for state, local & tribal governments

eCivis Reviews - Page 4

eCivis

I have been a weekly user of eCivis for the last four years. As the designated person in the Fire Department who works on grants, I have found the search agents and other features to be a valuable resource that help me with locating grant opportunities, access to grant applications and grants management tools. I have enjoyed the tutorials and other educational resources and I have made those available to other members of my department to assist with increasing our overall grants knowledge. I would encourage others to give eCivis a try.

Cons

Easy to navigate website and filter options.

Pros

The filter are easy to use and straight forward. The application is easy to navigate -User friendly.

Cons

No way to filter by dollar amount. Management only allows for me to partake in grants. Application information is outdated in many grants. Therefore, when I forward the information to Department heads, I need to make clear the application deadline has not passed.

Our Primary Grant Resource Network

We are a small environmental non-profit and so we rely heavily on grants to fund our programs and keep the organization running. eCivis has become the primary resource that we use to find grants to apply for. We have a wide range of technological ability at our organization, and yet everyone is able to navigate and utilize the eCivis network without much problem. This will continue to be our primary grant management resource as long as they continue with the excellent service we have come to expect with their program.

Cons

All-inclusive grant research engine!

Although I hold the title "Grants Specialist", in truth, working for a small municipality I wear many different hats. Access to the eCivis grants network makes my grant searches quick and comprehensive, which is the way I need my searching to be in order for me to address all my other job duties on a daily basis. All pertinent information is accessible by hovering your cursor over the entry...you don't even have to click! I would personally recommend eCivis for any organization that is looking for grants.

Cons

Easy to search, easy to use and great customer support.

We have been using eCivis for over a year and found it easy. There is an abundant amount of information that can be searched and narrowed down to our projects. The eCivis system makes it easy to setup projects and have notices sent when a grant come available. The customer support is great. We are constantly being sent tips to improve our outcome and training modules to improve our proficiencies. There are also some great webinars to improve our chances of getting grant awards. So far so good,

Polk County Board of County Commissioners

eCivis has taken a very long, tedious and time consuming process and has increased my job efficiency by 100%. eCivis system has great reports and I feel that these reports are very instrumental in tracking and management and strongly encourage you to utilize the reporting systems from the beginning, also eCivis has tasks and reminders which are very efficient in assisting with time management, when writing grants time can get away from us and deadlines can be missed. I highly recommend eCivis.

eCivis use by City of Enid

The City of Enid Oklahoma has used eCivis for a year now and really enjoy the service. It's a one stop shop for grant research and tracking. No more searching on numerous sites for grants, it's all on one site provided by eCivis. My favorite is the tracking software. I can generate reports in a matter of seconds and update the status of grants effectively and efficiently. Our representative is very attentive and keeps us up to date on everything. They have a package to fit any need.

Cons

Software is intuitive and easy to adapt to my agency needs.

From my experience, I have been very pleased with the product. I have a very specific grant application focus ( i.e. foundations seeking to fund transitional housing and support services for individuals recovering from substance use disorders) and I am able to drill down to that specificity with the features that are available with eCivis. I have not needed to utilize much of the customer service feature offered by the program but when I have, it's been exceptional.

Cons

Efficiency and best practices manifested in a software.

Pros

I like the search feature and the template tasks. I like the ease of use and the help features including the Thompson training materials and the electronic uniform guidance database.

Cons

The only thing I've found inconvenient is that there isn't a search function on the homepage. Otherwise, I have no complaints about the software.

eCivis product review

The agency has been using the program since August, 2014. I have been mostly using it for exploring grant possibilities and found it provides a wealth of information. However, sometimes the everyday listing of opportunities presented are not geographically suitable to my region. The comfort of using the program only increases with hands on use. Customer service and support has been outstanding as William has personally walked me through several one on one training experiences.

Great Resource

The services provided by eCivis was outstanding. Their team of experienced managers and hardworking grant writers were able to quickly assess and respond to the needs of the Sheriff's Department by providing technical assistance for several of our grant applications. It is their attention to details and responsiveness that makes eCivis an incredible resource. The Grants Network software is extremely simple and user friendly when researching grant opportunities.

Great product and service

I've been using eCivis Grants Network for over 4 years now. The weekly grants list has helped my org identify multiple new funding sources over the years, and the information that the database contains is comprehensive and always up to date. The system also is useful for tracking grant research and completion of grant applications. If orgs don't already have a system for tracking this info, I would highly recommend using the eCivis system for this.

Cons

It is easy to use and has a lot of different features

I am able to search for grants and give them to other people that may be able to apply to them. This helps to assist in the grant process.

Pros

It gives the important information for grants that is needed instead of searching for the answers. There are a lot of features on this software that every time I use it I find something new to use.

Cons

Everything is great! There are a lot of features and it takes a lot of time to be able to remember how to do something and there should be more easy to use guides.

eCivis Database

This is a really good product for grant seekers - it has a comprehensive description of each grant opportunity, with links to the actual funding source document. The search capability is good. The customer service is first-rate - responsive, quick and accurate. I enjoyed working with the staff - we would probably stay with eCivis but are moving more into a development, rather than a grant-writing mode, so we are purchasing a product more closely suited to our needs.

Cons

The Ecivis network is user friendly and the customer support is helpful.

Pros

I like that the information is straight forward and easy to use. Whenever I reach out for support, I get answers to the questions I had. Additionally, the program is very easy to keep projects organized.

Cons

When you try to delete a "stage" you have to leave at least one file in there and can't delete it. In order to get the files delete, I have to upload a dummy file to remain in the project report section and it is not relevant to keep it in the file.

Very Useful Tool

I feel like eCivis keeps me current on a wide variety of developments in the grants field, in addition to giving me a way to store the results of my research and share findings with colleagues, inside and outside our organization. There are times when the application appears to stall, especially in the My Saved Grants mode. I'm unsure where that problem lies. The redesign of the main user features, however, have made the entire site more user friendly.

Cons

Information was hard to find in some cases. The overall experience was good.

Pros

Reporting feature is my favorite. The tracking feature works well when searching for a grant. The reports produced are easy to follow.

Cons

Navigating through system to find documents I need. When using the tracking feature once it returns your grant list, you have to open each grant to see what is attached.

I have found eCivis to be user-friendly and highly effective for our needs.

While I have run into a quirk or two (document upload limit for one), my overall experience with the software has been positive. It has been highly effective for our use in managing our grants and applying for grants. The customer service is exceptional. I have had ongoing support from the staff at eCivis, which has been highly beneficial in our implementation of the software. I highly recommend this software.

eCivis Subscription

I have been using eCivis since March 2014. I participated in the online training modules and webinars. They were extremely helpful. The filters, PFAs and grant summary alleviate the time-consuming task of reviewing each grant. I only need to search for what pertains to our organization. Staff contacted me asking if they could help with any search efforts because they had some extra time. Great customer service.

Cons

It was a bit confusing at first but with the support team I finally accomplished my tasks.

Found new grants!

Pros

The number of opportunities to apply for grants on a diverse subject as well as geographically is definitely a ;lus.

Cons

I have accidently set up reminders because it wasn't clear that I was doing it. I thought I was progressing through my update for that month.

Always easy to use. Emails sent as reminders are always helpful.

Pros

Emails that are sent as reminders and when new grants are available. The website layout is wonderful and easy to use.

Cons

I haven't run in to any problems thus far and have not had to use customer services. I have no doubts it would be a great experience if I do have to.

I works well enough

Pros

The simplicity of the software makes it very easy to use for professionals that may not use it on a daily basis.

Cons

When doing specific searches, the softwares doesnt contain enough information on the preview and teired level that would make it work efficiently.

The City has been using this software for several years now to research and apply for grants.

My experience with this software has been very good because the software is user friendly and easy to work with. It would be wonderful if the City would find funds to allow us to use the software for managing and tracking all of our grants but that is a ways off. Various departments throughout the City use the research mechanism and have been very satisfied with their results.

Technical Assistance with Michael Johnson

On 11/10/14 our grant team hosted technical assistance with Michael Johnson. The training was only attended by 3 staff members, but was helpful in figuring out how to research grants when we have limited time to do so. Staff came away from the training with some useful tips on grant research. I have a better understanding of how to craft key word searches to efficiently use the system.

Entirely What You Would Expect

Pros

The software is simple to navigate, and makes grant-seeking and tracking almost effortless. It does an exceptional job of collecting grant opportunities and presenting them in an organized way.

Cons

Sometimes (not often) I receive grants that our organization does not qualify for--e.g., our geographic region isn't served by the grant. Again, this happens only on rare occasion.