iMIS Logo

iMIS

Cloud-based nonprofit and membership management software

iMIS Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.09/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Ease of use, great customer support, ability to create customized reports, integrating reports into our website, excellent - excellent online training on how to use the software.
I like the fact that iMIS is such a multi functional entity. The capabilities are amazing and to be able to perform so many different task and functions within one system is ideal.
Overall, very pleased and am glad we switched to iMIS. We have integrated with a conference app that has two way API, making my life that much easier.
The reporting feature, IQA, can be very intimidating.
The ASI portion of what is written, old archaic, a staple in the design can cause some reporting to look and act obsolete.

iMIS users...

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT-logocaret

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Tribe Dynamics-logocaret

Tribe Dynamics

How would you rate iMIS?

Former leader in the field, past its prime.

Transcript

George R.: Hi, this is George. I'm a VP of technology solutions in the nonprofit association industry...

Excellent when you learn to understand it and know how to use it.

a central EMS that all stakeholders are involved with.

Pros

Tailored to the needs of associations. Its more about adapting it to our association rather than starting from scratch.

Cons

Reliance on third-party service providers to implement the larger changes is a little frustrating as they need a certain level of knowledge to understand what the changes are. It's these extra billable hours that really add up.

I feel it isUser friendly and versatile allows for many tracking options and reporting capabilities

Pros

I feel it is fairly easy to use and flexible. It allows us to have a lot of options for reporting and tracking

Cons

I don't have a dislike for this system. I enjoy using it and recommend this service to everyone. It is good to have.

Established product, blazing new trails

Our organization has been using the iMIS software since 1998. With that, it is important to note that every review of this product depends heavily on how the company (us) who uses it. For many years we used the product solely as a desktop application. While the ascetics of the desktop version (AAC/Back-Office) look like they came from a early 2000's ASP.NET library, it gets the job done. And this...

imis review

Pros

Easy to use. Good fit for our organization and has a wide range of integrated products that we also use.

Cons

Events module is quite limited but for simple events its a good fit.

The excellent customer service makes up for any issues I run into.

Great software that is pretty simple, and allows me to create a great website, and communicate with our customers on a daily basis.

Pros

Again, the customer service is my favorite part. I am not very technologically savvy, so the in depth explanations of different functions of the site are so helpful and allow me to give our customers the best websites.

Cons

I feel the software is still pretty complicated, even with the iMIS tutorials, at least for someone who is not use to diving very deep into the stuff behind websites.

IMIS helps us every day

Pros

Everything we need to know about our members in all in one place.

Cons

Ability to integrate information about State Legislature and Ethic Reports

iMIS Review

I have been working with iMIS for 14 years. The best thing about iMIS is being able to make it your own. The flexibility makes iMIS a good product because you are not stuck working in a product that is driven by someone else's vision.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Great CMS if you have the budget

It meets all of our needs, but for a high price and steep time investment from our staff.

Pros

It has a lot of features and ad-on modules for everything from customer management to event management. It's very easy to customize for our organization's needs so that we only use what we want.

Cons

It can be very costly to update to the latest version and ad on the various modules that we need for our customers. Training staff to use the software can also be very time consuming and complicated.

Staff Site promises to be easier than the desktop version, can't wait.

Pros

The database is easy to update, the information can be exported for sorting and filtering, and the optional features (duplicate merge) make my job much easier.

Cons

It is difficult to know from which department to seek help, when having technical issues. But when you get the right person, they are very knowledgeable.

Possibilities are endless, but unreliable and heavily manual

Pros

If we're willing to pay a consultant to help us set it up, the possibilities for features and functions are huge.

Cons

Functions are unreliable. The iMIS Cloud version is still in it's first couple years and there are still many bugs being worked out. Billing, even "AutoPay" is heavily manual on the staff side. For a small staff, iMIS just is not manageable.

AGCMO

Started great, going downhill

Pros

Originally very comprehensive but features being lost

Cons

Moving to new platform continues to erode features

We have been using iMIS for 20 years and continue to integrate it with all our business processes.

Pros

Integration with our business processes, the functionality and flexibility of RiSE, third party integrated solutions, and hosted option.

Great software for Association Management

Ability to view individual member activity

Pros

The ability to view a member account and seeing the different activity, i.e. how long they have been a member and products they have purchased

Cons

Upgrade to the new platform. But with any software upgrade, there is always a learning curve that sets you back.

iMIS Membership Management

Pros

Easy to find a member and their contact information

Cons

Sometimes it's confusing to look for a report.

Used this software while I was a field consultant for the state...

Pros

Texas Association of Counties used this software for its field consultants (risk mgmt, HR, safety, wellness, and law enforcement) to use while servicing county members. We used this software to track which counties we visited, who we talked to, and any issues we found during the visit. Very easy to use!

Cons

I didn't really find anything not to like about this software.

Fairly new user

I have only worked with iMIS for a year, but it's pretty user friendly. I wish invoices were easier to update:-)

Pros

The search tool is great, it's pretty easy to find what you're looking for.

Cons

Taking care of duplicate profiles is not an easy task.

iMIS Review

We are in a long financial relationship with iMIS and have no way to simply get out but it does what we need with a bit of help from ISG.

Pros

This is a very tough question for me for several reasons. One is that I have no experience with any other product. Two is that at one point when E-Series failed to live up to expectations we brought in ISGWeb to do many of the functions that I like the most. Three we have not transitioned to rISE yet.

Cons

The cost, now I do not know how much other software is in relation to what we get for our money but It seems pretty expensive to do anything and the license fees are high.

Okay, But Could Be Better!

I have been using iMIS at work for many years, and I find it is a decent software that has most of the features and functionalities that are required for a Not-for-profit Association. However, I am always hoping to see new improvements on the features and functionalities.

Pros

It has a desktop (offline) version as well as a browser (online) version so that I can access wherever I go.

Cons

It is not smart enough to perform the duties that I wish it would do. A lot of the features and functionalities need to be paid for in order to receive the additional upgrades.

Not the greatest for us

I feel that IMIS might be a good product but it is well worth your time and energy to manage this as a project. Ensure you understand what data you want to get out of it or your efforts are wasted

Pros

To be very honest we inherited this product from a previous staff. I believe that the implementation of this product on our end was poorly organized and thus, has lead to it not meeting our needs.

Cons

Over all we've had issues with the program set up not being fully comprehensive and thus, huge chunks of data are getting missed with our members

Former leader in the field, past its prime.

Most of my experience has been moving clients off of iMIS onto more modern cloud based platforms. If you have it, that is great, but they are still not ready to be considered a cloud based solution as of 2020.

Pros

iMIS had just about any future you need, and if it doesn't have it, there is a vendor that has built an interface to provide the functionality you need.

Cons

Configuring and using the product can be a pain. Everything goes through a reseller, creating a layer between the customer and supplier. This added layer increases markup, and also encourages consulting expenses by the retailer. Old model that does not work for the non profit industry.

Lots of Functions

I've used it for many years and it's a good resource especially if you have lots of customers/members/clients to store their data.

Pros

What I like about iMIS is that you can store a lot of data and it has different compartments to use either for events, personal information, etc.

Cons

It may be because this is a company wide software that it's used often and therefore at times, it has to be rebooted or fixed due to technical issues.

Switched to IMIS and havent looked back

Pros

1. Increased functionality 2. Great Customer support 3. Clean, modern design 4. Is a huge program, but doesnt feel bulky

Cons

As a very small association in the midst of growing, we knew that we had to upgrade our software system but wanted something that would continue to grow with us. IMIS has this capability but it is at the very top of our budget.

Too big, too convoluted for small non-Profits

Not good, glad we left. Cost too much money especially for what we were utilizing and what we were getting.

Pros

This was the first ever Donor Management System I ever used, so I think the fact that it made life complicated at the time, made switching so much easier in the end.

Cons

Pretty much everything...there were too many components for a small non profit like ours. The version we were using was outdated, reports were really hard to run, and customer service was not immediate. You had to wait for a response, and then often we got charged if there had to be components added or reports created specifically for us.

Very difficult to use

Pros

I am not sure that I can find something that I like about iMIS. ALL of the interactions I have had with staff that requires the use of iMIS have resulted in time loss.

Cons

The amount of effort/time/resources that are spent on getting our data into and out of iMIS is a significant cost - it negates the price point and makes the product significantly more expensive in the long-run.

I feel like we've grown up together

I've been using iMIS since 1998 and it has come a long way in capability and ease of use. I never imaged I would still be using the same software so many years later, but it really has grown into a complete member management, event management, website content tool, and a super report writing tool. As long as I've been using this, I still discover new uses, tools and reports that make our interactions with our members better, easier and more user-friendly. Anything that I "thought" could somehow be done, my re-seller and I have made happen. Truly remarkable program that has the flexibility to be as basic or as complex as you need it to be.