iMIS Logo

Cloud-based nonprofit and membership management software

iMIS Reviews

Suggested alternatives

wild-apricot
neoncrm-by-z2-systems-inc
toucantech

Ease of use, great customer support, ability to create customized reports, integrating reports into our website, excellent - excellent online training on how to use the software.
I like the fact that iMIS is such a multi functional entity. The capabilities are amazing and to be able to perform so many different task and functions within one system is ideal.
I love the integrations with other software. Makes great use of our membership database.
The reporting feature, IQA, can be very intimidating.
The ASI portion of what is written, old archaic, a staple in the design can cause some reporting to look and act obsolete.

George R.

Vice President, Technology Solutions

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Former leader in the field, past its prime.

Transcript

George R.: Hi, this is George. I'm a VP of technology solutions in the nonprofit association industry...

Ellen T.

Great CRM

Pros

The flexibility you have for customizing. You can create your own business objects, reports, queries, etc, but still fall back on the standard ones that come "out of the box." Very helpful for new users or people just getting started...or if you need ideas on how to do something. Can integrate with other products.

Cons

If you hire someone new, it can be hard to get them trained on all the features...especially if they have no previous database experience. It is also expensive; and different features have to be added on for extra cost. May not be the best option cost-wise for smaller organizations.

CK

Cody K.

Fully Featured Association Management Software with Many Third-Party Add-Ons

Pros

iMIS can facilitate nearly any solution you may need as a non-profit association. It provides the most common tools out of the box, while more uncommon solutions are available from trusted partners that offer easy integration.

Cons

Written documentation of the software is robust for casual users, but I have found that documentation for more technical tasks is often lacking.

RM

Reginald M.

Wine and Spirits, 11-50 employees

iMIS Review

We are in a long financial relationship with iMIS and have no way to simply get out but it does what we need with a bit of help from ISG.

Pros

This is a very tough question for me for several reasons. One is that I have no experience with any other product. Two is that at one point when E-Series failed to live up to expectations we brought in ISGWeb to do many of the functions that I like the most. Three we have not transitioned to rISE yet.

Cons

The cost, now I do not know how much other software is in relation to what we get for our money but It seems pretty expensive to do anything and the license fees are high.

TR

Tamara R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

I would recommend to many organisations!

I've had no issue with iMIS, no glaring issue and whenever I've had an issue accessing the site the problem has always been resolved fast. There has been a bit of a delay integrating to the new iMIS system but it's still a good experience overall.

Pros

I like the layout and how easy it is to use. You don't even need to be a IT pro to manoeuvre through the site.

Cons

I think the report running process can be improved and made a bit easier to use for standard users.

HG

Hatty G.

Full featured web-based CRM

Pros

Our members can access all their data in one place. We can also access all that data about a member, allowing us to provide a more personalised experience.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like you need to be an IT person to make changes - we're a small organisation without an IT department and we can only do so much ourselves.

HR

Heather R.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Robust AMS that takes time to learn

Overall this is a great AMS. I was never involved in the pricing but I understand that it is expensive but it can handle complicated membership models. I work for a smaller association now that would really benefit from the abilities of the system but its out of our affordability range.

Pros

There were seemingly endless capabilities. I used iMIS as my primary AMS for a couple years with a previous employer and used it as a vendor accessing clients systems for many years prior. I have seen many versions of iMIS and they always improve.

Cons

The reporting was always a bit challanging.

TB

Teri B.

Installation and implementation of upgrades have gone smoothly, still on desktop.

Pros

The software allows is to maintain membership demographic information and organize the data in a way where staff have access to the information they need. Being able to create IQA for some of the requests has been most helpful.

Cons

While I understand everything off the the shelf isn't for every organization, more times than not, we've had to customize or build something totally out of iMIS to fulfill our needs. (i.e. our mandatory CLE tracking for each state is different. There's no flexibility in the iMIS CEU tracking for us to be able to do this in iMIS)

Stephanie M.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

iMIS is the backbone for our association

I have been a user of iMIS for over 13 years and I'm in it daily. The overall experience has been wonderful with iMIS. I have been involved with NiUG, the user group for iMIS and I've attended various events.

Pros

All of the features and functionality. iMIS has continued to improve as needs of associations have changed over the years.

Cons

iMIS is moving to the Cloud and for our association this is not an option at the moment due to customized billing and customized views to the database.

11-50 employees

Our company has been using iMIS for at least a decade. Very easy to use and functional!

Pros

It is easy to use, and takes care of everything we want in a CRM. There's out-of-the-box functionality as well as custom; it just depends on what you want!

Cons

A bit pricey, but sometimes that's necessary. Sometimes wish there were more out-of-the-box features! It can sometimes be annoying having to upgrade all the time to fix small things, but it's a necessary thing we go through for these types of projects.

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

iMIS

We are a regulatory body and our main business is collecting fees from both registrants and pharmacies and as we update we find that we due to the above customization we have to have both desktop version (billing purposes) and staffview for everything else

Pros

It is easy to use and very user friendly. Meets all the current requirements for our company

Cons

When we first got iMIS we had alot of customization which as we upgrade does create some problems

BA

Barbara A.

Government Relations, 51-200 employees

The Magic of iMIS

Overall iMIS is what our organization has needed to be able to bring all of the services we provide to our customers together in one software program, before we had several departments working in different software's trying to function as one, now with iMIS all the departments work within the same software which allows the departments to function more as a combined unit.

Pros

Cons

As with any and many software products there can be hiccups that makes a task you are trying to perform difficult, for me with iMIS its the payment process for events, every now and then there is an error that prevents it from processing .

BF

Brenda F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

First Powerful Database I had used.

It was a powerful tool but I have found comparable solutions for a lot less expense than iMIS. With a small staff, it is hard to expend the kind of money you'd need for iMIS.

Pros

Easy to use. Powerful. Did most everything we needed it to do. I was the power user in the office for 10 years. If you know SQL queries, you'll be able to run a lot of custom reports to fit your business needs. After moving to another non-profit, I found that there were less expensive solutions which were comparable or better. No need to spend a lot of money to get what you need for your businesses database and website solutions.

Cons

Needed lots of customization for our use. At the time, was not a database/web platform. I believe it is now with the RISE platform.

MB

Michelle B.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

A Great Investment

The bar was set high with iMIS. The level of support and communication makes it difficult for other orgs to compete.

Pros

I love the integrations with other software. Makes great use of our membership database!

Cons

The learning curve. It's not WordPress, so you can't go into it thinking so. However, it's easy to pick up and the more you use it the easier it gets.

AP

Ashish P.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Good membership system for associations or small organizations

Overall i liked this software which is perfectly designed for the membership management and easy to use. A lot of online training are available and annual iMIS conference is a great place to attend.

Pros

This software is easy to use and frequent improvements time to time. Also regular webinars for keeping everyone up to date with latest functions or features.

Cons

This software sometimes behave weird and hang. It still has some improvement area in terms of automation or artificial intelligence.

EP

Emma P.

Practical and reliable database

Pros

I love that it's web-based! It's also been so easy to share data and teach staff to use Staff Site.

Cons

The transition time between upgrades - because of our level of customization, the time to get to EMS is longer than other groups.

BK

Beth K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Overall I think it is a great product, mostly can be customized to what you need it to do.

Flexibility and easy to use, seamless integration with website, customizable, time saving reporting

Pros

The system is pretty intuitive and easy to use, to customize and to report out from. Flexibility to customize data collection and reporting, seems to have much more capacity than how we are using it, and each update release captures information and data points pertinent with the changing landscape of today's associations.

Cons

Some missing reporting - it is a membership system yet unlike modules for meetings, orders, etc. it is not able to produce a membership receipt for dues payments through the system. Also, some compatibility problems with exporting data to other vendor platforms. Can work around the issues, just takes a little bit more time and effort to make it work.

CB

Colleen B.

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

Colleen's review

I solve information need from our database regarding membership for almost every department within our company. If there is not a way for me to do it myself TS Team assists me.

Pros

It gives you the output you want most times in reports. If you can't get what you need the TS Team helps you get what you need.

LR

Lauren R.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Great Customization Options

Pros

We had a unique set of needs for a CRM and iMIS delivered! We have been able to customize the back end and hook other programs up using API. It has made our processes so much easier.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve when getting the system set up, but once you get the hang of it, it's fairly easy to navigate.

LM

Lori M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

I've been working with iMIS for almost 2 years. Overall it's been a great experience.

It definitely increased my knowledge for creating and revised Crystal Reports.

Pros

I like the flexibility of the system to be able to add customized reports for other users to access.

Cons

Desktop version is not so user friendly for the not so frequent user. I'm excited about the web based version and hoping that more staff will get on board and use it.

Debbie K.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Membership updates

Being able to allow members to buy membership online along with events. They can also update their profile.

Pros

Seems to be easy to enter information into the database.

Cons

Have issues with password reset and system admin errors. I think some of it is not cleansing the database but these are easy functions and should work regardless.

JV

Jaco V.

This is the best and most flexible solution for any member based organization.

Pros

The flexibility means that any business requirement can be met. The ease of development and deployment means that projects can be done relatively quickly.

Cons

Technical support can be improved. Sometimes it takes very long for tickets to be addressed. And the time differences adds to this frustration.

George R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Former leader in the field, past its prime.

Most of my experience has been moving clients off of iMIS onto more modern cloud based platforms. If you have it, that is great, but they are still not ready to be considered a cloud based solution as of 2020.

Pros

iMIS had just about any future you need, and if it doesn't have it, there is a vendor that has built an interface to provide the functionality you need.

Cons

Configuring and using the product can be a pain. Everything goes through a reseller, creating a layer between the customer and supplier. This added layer increases markup, and also encourages consulting expenses by the retailer. Old model that does not work for the non profit industry.

Fishery, 11-50 employees

Powerful Association Management System

working with iMIS allowed my association to obtain a 360 degrees view of our constituents,

Pros

Full integration with CMS RiSE, ease of extracting data through reporting system

Cons

Some components (or modules) tend to be expensive, use limitations to "licensed users" only

MR

Marc R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Excellent when you learn to understand it and know how to use it.

a central EMS that all stakeholders are involved with.

Pros

Tailored to the needs of associations. Its more about adapting it to our association rather than starting from scratch.

Cons

Reliance on third-party service providers to implement the larger changes is a little frustrating as they need a certain level of knowledge to understand what the changes are. It's these extra billable hours that really add up.

CC

Courtney C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

The excellent customer service makes up for any issues I run into.

Great software that is pretty simple, and allows me to create a great website, and communicate with our customers on a daily basis.

Pros

Again, the customer service is my favorite part. I am not very technologically savvy, so the in depth explanations of different functions of the site are so helpful and allow me to give our customers the best websites.

Cons

I feel the software is still pretty complicated, even with the iMIS tutorials, at least for someone who is not use to diving very deep into the stuff behind websites.