Keela Reviews - Page 2

Love Keela

Pros

Keela is very user friendly, makes it easy to communicate with our donors and has great value for the cost.

Cons

I have not had any difficulties or things missing with Keela since we started using it.

Hi Sandy - thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. It's so very appreciated! It's brilliant to hear that you're finding Keela easy peasy to use - that's the dream! If you come across anything at all, you can always reach us at support@keela.com - we love feedback and questions! Warmly, the Customer Care team

Not a CRM software package

We had thought to replace our CRM software with Keela, but trying to 'translate' the processes in place with Software ABC into Keela has not been totally successful. It may be that I am too used to the 'old ways' that I can't change. We originally bought Keela because of the receipt function and the hopes that we could replace our other CRM software. Changeover has been slow and we are really only using the receipt function in Keela right now.

Pros

Keela integrates very easily with most other apps I am using . Paypal and Stripe are easy to set up; connects to Eventbrite too. Adding contacts is super easy, plain language categories and descriptions. Easy to connect contacts into groups (they call them 'families'). The software is geared towards use by a single point NFP agency. Can generate receipts for all monies that come in, assign them...

Cons

As a software package created for single point NFP, it does not like that I work for an agency that provides services to other NFP organizations for an annual fee. I can't group the contacts into one organization and then make the organization the one that pays the annual fee (it needs to be attributed to a contact).

Hello Keith - thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that you've found the receipting tool to be helpful! My favourite part is your comment on Keela's commitment to improvement - We really do aim for this! The Revenues tool upgrade has been a big boon for us and we couldn't have done it without you - thank you! If you have any particular processes that you'd like to transition from Software ABC to Keela please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@networksforchange.org - We'll do our best to create a new way for you to do the same magic in Keela :) Thanks again!

Easy Button

We shopped around for something affordable. I have works with other CRMs that were even more difficult to navigate but when we were able to master them, it was useful. With Keela, I was hoping for a little more ease.

Pros

The price and the access. It is easy to share with colleagues, has great sections of it suite.

Cons

Although it is easy to access I seem to get lost trying to use it. As a CRM, I am sure it is not in anyway easy but I would think it could be, maybe. It also looks confusing. Is it in Dark Mode yet colorful and blocky.

Hello Gerardo! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this feedback - we are very grateful. I'm glad that you find the affordability and Customer Service of Keela to be so positive - this is fantastic news. We are committed to constant improvement and would love to touch base with you about this! If you have any suggestions or requests for this please feel free to reach out to us at support@networksforchange.org - we love them! Thanks again :)

We love Keela!

Keela has fundamentally changed how I manage my organization's donors and how I communicate with our community. The interface is so easy to use and affordable for a small community museum like ours.

Pros

I love that Keela is Canadian based and offers a complete cloud-based CMS and donor management system. It's a great value for the money and their onboarding and customer service are fantastic. I know the name of the person who helps me when I run into problems.

Cons

Some features are still in development. I'd like to be able to customize receipts and automatic replies a little more than currently offered. However, Keela's development portal makes it easy to submit recommendations and see what's next for product roll out.

Thanks so much for your feedback, Kat! I think I can speak for Elsie and say you have been great to work with. You are both a patient and avid learner, making our jobs easier than ever! As for customizing receipts, we have options for customizing receipts for certain campaigns and impact areas coming - estimated for our 2.7.2 release. Keep an eye out for this! Addintally, custom automated emails are also on their way. We call these 'email drips' which have been added to the planned tab in our Portal. Feel free to jump in a vote (https://portal.productboard.com/keela/1-product-portal/c/24-email-drip-marketing-campaigns). There is lots more to come, all based on user feedback, so keep sharing those brilliant suggestions of yours. We look forward to continuing to work with you Kat :)

First-class for customer support

Keela is allowing us to combine all of our donor and revenue data in one platform, with the ability to easily create new forms, send e-blasts, and track all revenues, and compile a complete profile for each donor to enable more intelligent and focused fundraising. You don't need to spend big bucks to have the features you need!

Pros

Keela is a mid-range platform that is relatively easy to use, with many useful features and a commitment to continuous improvement that is second-to-none. I have found their representatives very responsive to questions and concerns. The data onboarding process was relatively inexpensive and straightforward, though be sure to prepare your data properly, or you will end up having to correct a lot of issues. I have yet to fully explore the forms and e-blast functions, but these look to be robust. And the Contact Insights feature that identifies a donor's gift potential and suggests a gift range is simply brilliant.

Cons

There's nothing difficult to use. More advance coaching on the onboarding process would have been appreciated, but once we got started, everything fell into place. I look forward to the addition of new features such as a peer-to-peer fundraising module.

Hi Doug, it always makes our day to hear from you! Our Support Team appreciates all of your throughout and insightful questions that you send through. We appreciate the feedback on onboarding, we are always looking for ways to improve this process, so we will certainly take note of your experience and recommendations. Also, it sounds like you are in the midst of getting started with E-blast and Forms! Aside from our Knowledge base resources on these features, we would happy to support you with any questions you have or engage in brainstorming with you, so you can make your organization's ideas come to life. You know where to find us (support@keela.com) PS: peer to peer is on its way, stay tuned!

Lovely locally program!

We think it is pretty great!

Pros

This is more than a CRM for us! This software created inspiration for building a journey for our donors and sponsors. It provides us with numbers at our finger tips and knowledge is power.

Cons

There are some functions that are lacking intuitive UX for our team.

What an incredible review Taryn, this is EXACTLY what Keela aims to do. We not only aim to provide a practical and efficient CRM but we also aim to create tools and resources that support organization's creativity and critical thinking so they can thrive and keep sharing their impact with the world. We are so delighted to hear Keela has supported your organization with this. With that said, we would...

Very Responsive Customer Service

Keela is an easy-to-use, glitch-free software with a great team behind it.

Pros

Keela was easy to implement and start using. The help desk team are fantastic and responsive to all inquiries and problems. It has sufficient functionality for our needs at a small nonprofit. Their developers are responsive to feedback on our needs.

Cons

Keela really needs a mobile platform and it would be great to have more robust reporting capacity; I still need to do some report-building in spreadsheets instead.

Hi Liz! We just wanted to reach out and thank you for your review! It has been a pleasure working with you and your team. We have appreciated all your suggestions since you've been with Keela. In response to your comment, we can't wait to introduce mobile. It's currently under testing, so it's coming super soon! Keep up the great work and stay tuned :)

A Quick, Low-ish Cost Solution for a Non-profit that lacked structure

Overall this software has (or will be) a lifesaver. Our staff have had difficulties adjusting to the new system, mainly because there is structure and specific data points where before it was a mish mash of data in notebooks, Excel files, and Post-It notes. I would like to see some additional development devoted specifically to customization of the system. Keela is very much a rigid cloud solution with little to no customization options. Having the ability to control the look and feel of the system, donor-facing data, and being able to control what inputs are allowed from users would be a huge help. At the end of the day, though, Keela is a great solution for a small nonprofit who is looking for a quick solution at low cost.

Pros

-Easy to onboard donors and volunteers (the difficult part was organizing the data to make it upload properly which has more to do with the administration of the organization that the software. -Immediate, flexible training for the staff. -Relatively simple interface. I say relatively because sometimes its almost "too" easy and some members of the staff overlook the simple solution.

Cons

-I am not fond of the analytics tool. Again, maybe this has more to do with the fact that its too simple, but as an analyst I find it difficult to get the information I want easily. -We have had some struggles with the integration with other vendors-specifically MailChimp. After following all the instructions for both companies, we still cannot complete a good link.

Hello Brad! I'm so glad to hear your feedback - especially your sentiments about training which the Customer Success team are particularly proud of :). I'm also pleased that you find the system to be easy - Our goal is a simple system that users can transition to easily so this is very good news! I understand that the Analytics tool can be challenging sometimes - and I'm happy to let you know that...

Great solution

Tracking contacts and donations and hopefully will expand more for e-blasts.

Pros

Easy to use and very user friendly. Screens are managed and viewed easily. Easy to enter and log information (like contacts, donations and so on)

Cons

Support (although very professional) only by email. Would prefer a phone support.

Hello Avi, Thank you for your feedback and we are so glad that you are enjoying the solution! Feel free to reach out when you are ready to try E-Blasts and we would love to send you some resources to get started. Also you will be happy to know we are working on adding phone support sometime in the future. Thanks again for your time!

Quite easy to use as a total newbie to (though technically proficient) donor management software

The pricing feels expensive to a small nonprofit that doesn't usually spend money on anything but the animals in our care, but compared to others software programs, it is seems like a good price for the value. This software works well for a small nonprofit animal rescue that adopts out about 500 cats and kittens a year. After 3 years we had a bit over 1000 contacts (including adopters, so not just donors) and the next level in Keela (since it's based on contacts) we shouldn't have to buy until a few years down the road.

Pros

Their customer service is very responsive. The software sends automatic donor thank yous/tax receipts. It's easy to upload past donations (like from PayPal, Facebook or other ways you've raised money and have a list - you must format the data correctly) and easy to upload your contacts. You can have different donation forms. You can have different campaigns. I haven't delved deeply into the reporting, but it looks very powerful and probably pretty easy to create custom/ad hoc reports on almost whatever criteria you need.

Cons

The tax receipt/thank you letter is my biggest con. The letter and tax receipt look great in the preview when you're creating/modifying it, but the actual letter that gets sent has tiny print, and you can not modify what it looks like.

Hello Emily! Thank you so much for this considered and detailed review. We are so grateful for you taking the time! Especially since it's got some really lovely feedback for us. The ability to customize and change receipts is something that our Product Team are working investigating at the moment (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-37) - If we're able to introduce this feature you'll be notified via email :) Again, thank you for the wonderful work that you do for animals and for your ongoing support!

Pros and Cons of Keela

This program is great. I'm only 6 months into this program. I would reccomend this to others. But it will take time to learn how to run it properly. I am still learning.

Pros

Its easy to enter the contacts. Once you set up an e-blast, its easy to choose the recipients. Once you learn to create the e-blast letter, it looks great.

Cons

It can be difficult to log in. It will redirect me from log-in to setting up a new account. It can be challenging to learn how to work the e-blast letters and setting up the campaign. Its difficult to get answers quickly. It takes a while to reach someone, and it usually is only email communication. It can be difficult to create the email body for e-blasts.

Hello Rebecca - thank you so much for this amazing feedback. I am so glad you find the system easy to use. This is exactly what we're after so it's very reassuring to hear we're on the right track. At the moment Keela offers unlimited online support and you'll always hear from us within 3 business hours of your email - often sooner! If we're able to introduce phone support in the future we definitely will! Thank you so much again - we look forward to seeing the incredible things that you and your team achieve with Keela.

Keela -- Quality Nonprofit Software at an Affordable Price

Pros

What I enjoy most about Keela is how many features are included at an affordable rate. Working at a small organization, we were able to transition the vast majority of our spreadsheets and loose systems into one. We also were previously using an outdated hardware CRM system installed on a single, unreliable office computer and were in desperate need of a cloud-based system.

Cons

Because Keela is a system that does not include the bells and whistles of more expensive options, some functionality does seem limited. While most issues are very minor, I would say my biggest frustration is not being able to easily track married couples in the same contact entry.

Hiya Katie! Thank you so much for your excellent feedback - I'm pleased to hear that your transition to Keela has been a positive one :) We want our users to be empowered and it sounds like you're well on your way! I completely understand your desire for a more robust way to track spouses in the Keela system. We have gathered lots of feedback surrounding our Households feature in our Ideas Portal (a place where feature requests and suggestions are born!). If you have any specific changes you would like to request for this feature please let us know by adding an idea here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new). We love improving and our users are the best sources for how to do that! Thanks again.

Keela Review

It’s easy to use. I would like to be able to enter an interaction and serve as the last time they were seems rather that selecting a button to record the interactions. I was told last year that there was going g to be an app available by 2019. We are still waiting. It makes such a difference when you have the information accessible on the go. I can’t access anything on my smart phone or tablet.

Pros

I liked the easy use and has several cool options for programs that we need for the non for profit.

Cons

That it is not available as an app or a website that is compatible with a tablet. You can only use a desktop computerize laptop. And sometime using a hotspot on a laptop is time consuming and not practical

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review, Katerina! Our new platform, that we announced recently, is compatible with tablets (yay!) and we are working on the mobile app. Sorry about the wait on this but it's coming! If you'd like to explore interactions a bit more, feel free to reach out to us at support@keela.com and I'd love to discuss this and make sure it makes it to our Ideas Portal. Thanks again for your feedback and I'm glad to hear that Keela works well with your programs. Have a nice day!

Awesome program

We are now able to track our donations easier. This software has truly been a blessing.

Pros

I love using our new Keela software! When I was hired we were using a spreadsheet to track donations. I am so happy that I found Keela. I love how we can look up donor profiles, see an estimated amount of incoming donations in the last 30, 60. or 90 days.I look forward to incorporating this in our next fundraiser campaign.

Cons

I had a slight problem trying to import my old data on excel. It may have been "user error".

Hi Charmeta, we are so glad to hear you are loving the system. From a spreadsheet to automation...woah, what a jump! We hope Keela's automation is saving you and your team a bunch of time so you can focus on those impactful activities at the Food Pantry. Before I go, it sounds like you were having a bit of trouble importing. Please know you can always reach out to support@keela.com when something doesn't look quite right and we will jump right on it. Our Support Team is built to problem solve We appreciate your review and look forward to seeing what your organization accomplishes in Keela!

Great all-around solution with AWESOME customer service

We are a small not-for-profit with a large donor and volunteer base. We neeeded a solution that was robust enough for our needs but simple enough for our staff team to use. Our previous software was WAY TOO complicated and expensive but since switching to Keela my team is super happy.

Pros

It allows us to manage all our stakeholders in one place! Including donors, volunteers, e-news subscribers and event participants. And the customer service is THE BEST I’ve ever experienced. They are always responsive and if the system can’t currently do what i’m looking for, my “wish” goes in the development pipeline and I’ve witnessed several awesome feature updates because of this. A great experience!

Cons

Still trying to figure out the reporting functions. There are lots of reports available but it’s a little less intuitive than other funtions in Keela.

Hi Annastasia, thanks for your kind comments. We're happy to hear you're having a great experience with Keela so far. :) We wanted to let you know that we are planning to make improvements to our Analytics tool soon! You can subscribe to updates about this feature here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-14). In the meantime, you might want to check out our training session on Analytics to learn how to get the most out of it. You can sign up here (https://calendly.com/keelasuccess/training-session-3).

Keela is a good for a small industry

I am happy to have one piece of software at that does not require customization and is affordable for a small non-profit like ours.

Pros

It is very easy to start using. I was able to easily import my data and get to work pulling numbers. The customer service has been very responsive and pleasant. I really enjoy my interactions and have been able to quickly overcome obstacles. I am happy that it meets so many of our needs -- weekly email blasts, moves management for donors, and volunteer activities -- at a reasonable price my small non-profit can afford.

Cons

We have had some difficulty with email provider spam filters rejecting our Keela-generated emails before users can even see them. This has reduced our open rate on my weekly emails -- which are very popular with our members. I wish I could pick the attribute that we use to avoid duplicates.

Hi Reed! Thank you so much for this great feedback, we really appreciate it. I'm so glad that you find the system easy to use and that it's meeting your needs. This is wonderful news! Check out our Best Practices article (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360028863892-Best-Practices-for-Using-E-blasts) for lots of tips and tricks on how you can increase your mass email credibility. This will help the email providers of your recipients when they're scanning your E-blasts. Another great way to help out with this is by taking advantage of our integration with SendGrid. Feel free to reach out to support@keela.com for more details - we're always happy to help. Thank you again!

Good value for the money!

We made the switch from an overpriced, under-utilized database software to Keela. The switch pretty smooth, not without a few learning moments, but all the data was imported. It meets our needs for receiving and tracking donations, receipting, e-blasts, reporting, and it comes with an affordable price tag! Customer support has been great. Overall, we are very happy with the software after using it for 6+months.

Pros

The software is straightforward, fairly intuitive and does most of what we need it to do. The setup for donations through the software was simple. The email platform saves us from having to pay for a separate email service. Most of all, I appreciate the helpful customer support. They answer questions in a timely fashion and have made the overall experience really good!

Cons

The sidebar is limited and should include a quicker link to things like donations, e-blast, etc. In order to use the CRM platform, I have to click through 3 pages to put in a note about a donor. Adding some quicker links for this, including putting an interaction link on the "+" at the top of the page would up my rating of the software.

Hi Matthew, thanks for sharing your review. Glad to hear you are finding Keela to be a good value. :) Regarding your suggestions for improvements to the sidebar, adding donations is something another client suggested recently - you can vote for this idea to subscribe to it here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-126). For your other ideas, we'd love to see ideas for those in our portal as well, so that our product team can review and see if these can be added to Keela in the future. Please share them here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new). Thanks!

Bit of a learning curve, but user friendly - excellent support and service

Brings our team together on items we are working on independantly and collectively. Helps to provide a systemized approach to getting information out to customers and donors. Helps to organise tax receipts and track donor funding. Helps us to organise our members into categories they feel comfortable working in

Pros

1) Dashboard - customizable for our social enterprise/Charity 2) Cloud based, allowing more mobile/rmote access for our team members 3) Pricing - fairly reasonable 4) Tags - customizable 5) Donations - easy to track and issue recipts 6) Tasks and Projects - easy to track - provides accountability for team members (reduces redundant follow-up 7) Customer service and technical support - willing to work with an organisation to help improve (maximize) use of features

Cons

1) eBlast templates need to be more user friendly for custom uploads - (organisation branding) 2) Pricing - there needs to be a mid-tier pricing for the 2500 contact range - 1000 is too small for our organisation, and it will take 2-3 years to get to 5000 as we build - while building, we need to watch costs closely 3) Though easy to use once familiar with the programme, it can be a learning curve: more on-board training needs to be assigned as part of the package price. 4) Drop down menus from top right could be expanded and more explicit - some items could be buttons instead of items in a drop down.

Thanks for your feedback! We're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Extremely useful

We were looking a CRM for non-profit over many years. We tried and implemented Al lest other two products but the results were not as We hope. With Keela We are very happy because it is all in one products and they know what are they doing. Congratulations for your company.

Pros

It is very user friendly and complete. Definitely a complete solution for non-profit.

Cons

Any is missing. For us keela works perfectly.

Hi Ronald, we are so appreciative of your review. It's great to hear that Keela is meeting all the needs of your organization, that is our ultimate goal after all! We are looking forward to watching your organization grow and prosper alongside Keela. Keep up the awesome work :)

Highly Recommended

Excellent donation and contact management tool. Tech support and learning tools are superb.

Pros

How donation requests can be automatically matched to donors based on their giving history.

Cons

As a non-profit, I wish there was a way to track grant success and history.

Thanks so much for your review Kara. I's great to hear our intelligence tool shave supported your organization in making strategic donation asks! We have a lot more Keela intelligence ideas up our sleeve, so stay tuned for an even 'smarter' Keela ;) We also are definitely aware that organizations are hoping to use Keela for grant management... it's on our radar! In the meantime, organizations have had a lot of success using our 'Projects' tool for grat management. Check our out Project section in our Knowledge Base (https://support.keela.co/). You can also reach out to support@keela.com if you want to brainstorm with us! We are always happy to help. We look forward to having your organization grow alongside us!

Good Product - Needs a Few More Featuers

Fairly good! Like I said above, the functionality as it stands is good right now, but not great. Many little kinks that could be better, but I believe you're working hard on implementing new features/fixing old features.

Pros

It has a very clean look and it is somewhat easy to get around within the database. The customer support team is very responsive as well which is lovely. It seems like the development team is always adding new features, which I take to mean that they are constantly trying to make the product better for it's users. It's not perfect, but I like that they are working towards that. I like how the eblast function is built in. I also like how the tagging system works

Cons

When using the software daily or weekly, there are just some little things throughout the process of using it that are slight nuisances. So it isn't something big that is very annoying, but just several little kinks along the way that slightly slow down work or could be better thought out. I am giving my feedback to the customer success team, so I won't go into the specifics here.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Elaine! Your suggestions for enhancing the system have been great. They touch on smaller details that make big differences, especially when you mentioned the ability to edit the Company Position from the Company Profile. We know it's the small things that go a long way. Keep that attention to detail coming, we love the recommendations :) Thanks again for reviewing Keela, we look forward to hearing from you as you continue to explore the system!

Great for a small to medium sized nonprofit

Fabulous and very responsive team.

Pros

The contact management piece is very easy to use--especially the import process. It provides for a way to quickly spot duplicates. The value for money is great especially for a small nonprofit that is starting to become more strategic with its fundraising. In fact, after using this for a year, I can't imagine how we managed without a searchable donor database. The contacts tool is tied in with eblasts so you can note all interactions with each contact, electronic or otherwise.

Cons

The eblast tool for newsletters is pretty limited. It's a limited pallet so to speak. The keela team has taken our feedback and released upgrades to the tool but there's still some ways to go before making it truly user friendly.

Hiya Kalyani - thank you so much for your lovely feedback. It's so appreciated! I can definitely agree with your sentiments about surviving without a searchable database and I'm really glad that Keela can provide that for you. I assure you with absolute certainty that we also think your fabulous and look forward to continuing to expand our E-blast builder in the future with the help of your feedback! :) Thank you so much!

Must-have for Any Organization!

Overall, I have found Keela to be very useful and I think the subscription has been worth every penny. I would highly for others to give it a try as it can really make donor engagement a much easier process. It has been very beneficial for our organization as we're now much more organized and efficient when it comes to donation tracking and have a place with all of our contact informations.

Pros

What I like about Keela is that it has so many different purposes and can be used for more than just one thing. For example, I can use Keela to create a database for all of our contacts for our nonprofit organization. In addition to that, I can also create a donation page where I can track all of the donations that we recieve a create a donor profile, where I can report how much they've donated.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it can be a little difficult to navigate at certain times. Everything seems to be hidden away under some tabs or menus. This is not a major inconvenience but it would be much easier to use if everything was organized and presented in a better way on the Keela website.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback - we are very grateful! It sounds like you've been making good use of your CRM and donation pages which is just fantastic to hear. We are working on making the navigation of Keela even more intuitive and user-friendly - stay tuned for these improvements in the future! If you have any particular suggestions about how to improve navigation, please don't hesitate to let us know by posting an idea here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new)! Thanks again!

Glad we switched

My overall experience is great. I feel that it has take our company to the next level.

Pros

I like the dashboard element. It is a nice visual to help keep track of donation goals. I like that I can use it as a database as well as an email marketing platform. I also like that all of our employees can access the same information from their remote workplaces.

Cons

I would love over the phone assistance. I wish there was a easier way to follow up on un-open emails as well as build more complicated mailing lists.

Hi Janice! Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that Keela has helped take your company to the next level! Also, we are continuing to add filter options for your Contact list so you can make your mailing list as sophisticated as you would like, stay tuned! We also hope that in the future we can introduce phone support as Keela continues to evolve. Thanks again for giving Keela such a great review, it keeps us motivated :)

A great CRM!

Pros

What I really like about Keela is the organization. It offers many tools for CRM management that benefit organizations with small teams like ours. The best tool in Keela is the Projects Tab, Keela Forms, and Email Blasts.

Cons

This software does lack integrations with certain software; some that are highly important. I also believe their email blast section could use some upgrades to make the design aspect more modern.

Thanks for your review Jennifer! Projects, Forms, and the E-blast builder are some of my favorites too! I really like how much customization is available within these tools. As for modernizing the E-blast tool, I'm really curious about what you had in mind for this. If you'd like, feel free to send over your ideas to support@keela.com or add them to our Product Portal (https://portal.productboard.com/keela), so we can make sure they are shared with our Product Team. We are also always on the lookout for new integration ideas! We look forward to hearing what you have in mind so we can continue to build out a platform that inspires you while keeping things simple and efficient! Thanks again for sharing your experience with us.