Keela Reviews - Page 3

Game Changing Software

An amazing product with great customer support always willing to help! Cannot recommend this enough as it has provided an overall great user experience.

Pros

Keela has been an extremely effective, and easy to use product. It offers a range of capabilities with a user friendly approach making it a great tool for all members of our team.

Cons

I have had an extremely positive experience with Keela. The CRM features are very strong, and the form capabilities have been improving since first using the product. An improvement I would like to see would be more advanced logic capabilities on the forms to make it even more comprehensive than it already is.

Hello Madeleine! What wonderful feedback - thank you, thank you, thank you! I am so glad to hear that your experience with Keela has been so positive. Especially your mention of great customer support - but I'll admit I'm a little biased here ;). Our goal is to make Keela a strong and robust system that breeds success with easy and it's great to see this aligning with your feedback. Our eyes are always on the horizon - look out for enhancements to our Forms tool soon!

Good Program

Quick to respond to our questions, this is very valuable to us!

Pros

Lots of users can have their own log-ins Reasonably​ priced Customer​ service is fantastic Easy to keep track of volunteers, donors, etc. Making 'forms' is simple FAQ section is actually useful!

Cons

Sometimes​ it's a little hard to navigate. Lots of clicking to get to some sections.

Hello Katie. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback - we really appreciate it! I'm very glad to hear that you find the Keela to be reasonably priced and that the Customer Service is fantastic (we think you're fantastic too!). We're really striving to create this kind of environment for you and I'm glad to see we're on the right track. Thanks again!

Keels Review

Very good

Pros

Ease of use. I also like the lower cost.

Cons

Inability to connect offline recurring donations.

Hiya Justin! First of all, thanks for taking the time to give this review. We really appreciate it! It gladdens my heart to see that you find Keela easy and cost effective. We wanted to create a system that was intuitive and robust that nonprofits could afford! It's feedback like yours that helps us to keep this dream alive. Thank you!

Keela Review

So far it has been good, I am happy with our choice and the abilities, I think with some key enhancements this could be a really great platform.

Pros

I like the overall donor management options including importing donations from other sources, the ability to soft credit, adding volunteer hours, etc. The cost of the software if excellent and it links to several other programs we use. Customer Service is great when I do reach out for help.

Cons

I would the forms to be more dynamic, right now I have to create too many forms. An example if a campaign we did for a free sticker, within the campaign we wanted to offer the donor a chance to pay for the sticker shipping and possible donate something extra. I couldn't do this in one form, I needed a for ​the free part and separate from if they wanted to donate. Overall I think the forms could be improved to allow for more flexibility​, I would like to have some of the questions like "pay for the fee" to default to Yes. Pulling reporting from specific forms is not easy, we use this for tour registrations and it is cumbersome to get to the responses sorted by tour day, overall forms could be more efficient​ and enhanced. I would also like to see a mobile app.

Hello Courtney! Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time. I'm so glad to hear that you are happy with Keela! The Customer Success team have loved working with you too! We've got some really exciting enhancements to forms scheduled soon - I think you're going to love them! Stay tuned and thanks again.

Keela is a solid choice

Overall, this is a smart solution to help with donor management.

Pros

It's easy to use and has most of the functionality a small non-profit needs. The campaigns are easy to set up and it's easy to track where money is coming from.

Cons

A few wishes: I wish you could print tax receipts without having to download them. I wish the reports were easier to access. I wish you had a print option for newsletters that downloaded as a word or pdf without the email information.

Hi there! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback - I'm really glad to hear that you've found Keela easy and solid :) This is the kind of environment we want to create for our users. Have you considered downloading your receipts in bulk and then printing them directly from a folder? This means only a few clicks and may save you lots of time! (More info here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003449631-Downloading-Multiple-Tax-Receipts). Also, you can definitely print your E-blasts as a PDF document! (More info here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000961432-Saving-an-E-blast-as-a-PDF) Thanks again, we really appreciate your comments! :)

Keela

Great way to access your donors, compile analytics,etc

Pros

This software/program has a very responsive customer service team. They are open to suggestions and get back to you in a timely fashion.

Cons

What I liked least about the 1.0 version was its inability to be accessed via mobile device. Their new 2.0 version now has that feature. The e-blasts templates are lacking in design and appeal.

Hi Martine, I'm glad our Mobile app has been convenient for your organization. We wanted to make sure our Keela-ers could manage their donors and data on the go! As for the E-blast templates, I'm sure the Product Team would be more than open to feedback and suggestions related to this. Feel free to pass your recommendations through to the team in our Product Portal (https://portal.productboard.com/keela/1-product-portal/tabs/1-under-consideration). We look forward to hearing your creative ideas for our E-blast tool!

Keela has been great for our project management and keeping the team up to date.

Managing Projects easily, creating fundraising campaigns that look good and track metrics, CRM integration.

Pros

It is so easy to use! From the project management to running fundraising campaigns and eBlasts we have been able to do things with little to no learning curve. Customer Support is top notch - I have gotten answers quickly and have been able to resolve any questions I had. The company is very responsive! The whole BAHC team LOVES Keela!

Cons

That there is no mobile platform and not as much customization as we'd like in the Donation Page, email Templates etc.

We're excited to let you know that our mobile app is coming soon! The best way to be notified of new feature is to subscribe to our blog for updates. Re: customizations, we're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Finally, a CRM designed for non-profits

We were one of the lucky few who got to test out Keela from the very beginning. We had previously tried Sales Force and Hubspot but found them to be overly complicated and geared towards Sales. In contrast, Keela has clearly been designed with non profits in mind with the functionality and set up designed to track donations. engage donors and manage projects.

Pros

A one stop shop for managing projects, sending newsletters, monitoring donations and building relationships with donors. The customer service is exceptional.

Cons

As it's relatively new their are a couple of minor features missing and limited ability to integrate with other software. I expect much of this will be resolved as the Keela continues to build on their customer feedback.

Thanks Andy! Our exceptional customers make that exceptional customer service so easy.

We are much better off than we were before!

Our old system was obsolete- no updates, no support. If it crashed, we would have lost all member and donor data. This cloud-based system is great. And all staff members are able to access member and donor information. It was a rocky start, as many database transitions are, but we're growing into it and the support has been TREMENDOUS.

Pros

I LOVE the amount of support that comes with this software. The team is always there, within minutes usually. We love the amount of organization that comes with Keela, and we enjoy having all of our communications in one place.

Cons

The issues we've run into the most is the number of contacts allotted per price bracket. We feel limited and a little selfish over who we actually add to our system because we don't want to use up valuable contact spots for someone that may just register for a single or pair of classes, and not be a member or donor. We'd also really benfit from an e-commerce option (linking payment methods to custom forms). I have found that some of the merging and duplicate-recognizing capabilities don't seem to be as accurate as we'd like, but that could be more user error.

Hello there - Wow! We are absolutely over the moon to hear that you're loving the support you're getting - This has made my day! Also, thank you for the very considered feedback regarding the Contact brackets - it's been passed on to our Product Team. Thank you again, YOU are tremendous! :)

Incredibly Flexible!

We really like Keela, but may have to migrate to another system that has all the functions we need.

Pros

I love that this software can be used with Mailchimp, Paypal, Stripe, and all the incredibly important tools that I already use day to day.

Cons

The payments don't have an End date. Sometimes, donors are charged continuously when their pledge was only for a short time period. It doesn't update automatically when a payment go through. We have to constantly manually input variables.

Hi Sharifah - thanks so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that the integrations are helping you out - we really want to make your life easy for you :) I'd love an opportunity to discuss your payment issues a little further - perhaps this is something I can help with! Feel free to reach out to me at support@networksforchange.org to chat further. Thank you, again!

Application review

Overall, I am very pleased to use Keela. It is very useful in dairying task and jobs. It allows multiple users to interact with it. I am fairly new to the system so I hope to learn more about all that is available as soon as possible.

Pros

I like that fact that it allows me to be connected to others on my team so that when one person adds a note or diaries out a task, the others know about it immediately.

Cons

It is not very friendly to use with my phone. It does not show up on my screen very well. Partial views of tasks, etc. I am not in front of my computer that much during the day and I rely on my phone a lot.

Thanks for your review Dan! It is great to hear that Keela's Projects tool is supporting your team in staying organized and meeting deadlines, so your team can continue to share your impact with the world! In relation to Keela on mobile, as a millennial, I know all about relying on my phone. Have you tried out our Keela app? While it doesn't have all the features you see in the desktop version,...

Help is done through emails and website; no telephone support at all (keeps costs low, but frustrating for user). Integration with many other platforms is excellent. Somewhat clunky to use; limited features; no mobile app. Tasks and contact features are great.

Pros

Keela is easy to use and low cost with great integration with other applications.

Cons

Limited features (for example sorting) and no specific application for grants or project tracking (but does have task feature).

Hi Glenna! Thank you so much for providing this feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time. I'm glad to see that you find the system easy to use! We really pride ourselves on making the system as intuitive as possible. You're right - at the moment our support is online only. (You can find more information about this here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019505151-What-kind-of-support-is-provided-). We are looking at adding phone support in the future as an add on service. We'll be in touch if this becomes available! In the meantime, keep doing the incredible work that you do and thank you again :)

Very happy with switch to Keela, looking forward to updates and new features.

I've been able to bring in other team members - employees and board - and enable them to use the software. As a result, we have increased our interactions and followups with donors. We get receipts out in a more timely manner. Also our online donations have become much simpler - both for the donor and for our record keeping and payment processing. Recurring donations are so much easier now.

Pros

It's simple and clean, and doesn't require developer skills. All the basic features you need are there. I wish it had been around when I was first looking for a CRM. Keela would have been a great way to learn what needed to happen and I could have set up our system much faster and easier.

Cons

There are still some major features and customizations missing, though from talking to support (which is very good), I have heard that some of these missing features will be coming soon. Otherwise, I only have minor complaints about moving around in the software, and some minor glitches with certain things not working - for example when I sort donations by date from within a profile, it sorts them - but not by date. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the way it sort. But, no big deal.

Thanks for your feedback! You should be able to sort donation dates in Keela in chronological order - we'd like to look into this with you. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

An honest opinion on keela.

For us the goal was to save money on a system to process tax receipts. The fact that this does just that is right what where were looking for.

Pros

Out of the box it did what it said it would. It accepts credit card donation via a platform of your choice, paypal or stripe, and then creates and sends out tax receipts. The fact that it also has a CRM and newsletter module are great!

Cons

While it has a newsletter component, its not as fluid as some other options that are available right now. It is nice that it is included in the monthly fee as opposed to having bundles to add onto after the fact.

Hi Imran, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Good news - we're currently working on some exciting upgrades to our E-blast template builder, to make it more user friendly. You can vote for this feature to be subscribed to updates in our Ideas Portal here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8) and add your comments for any functionality you would like to see. Thanks for helping to make Keela better!

Keela software for our Non-Profit

Pros

The best thing about this software is the automation and support you receive from their customer service. Every time I had a question, their customer service would reply to me quickly and thoroughly. No robots! They made sure I was happy with whatever problem I was facing. I also like the fact that if they currently don't have a feature you would like, they add it to an ideas portal so it can possibly be added at a later upgrade in the future.

Cons

Because they are fairly new, they don't yet have as many features as other software.

Heya Caitlin - thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! I'm really glad to hear that you enjoy the support that you receive. We love supporting you :) We're definitely committed to introducing new features to the system and really driving the user experience. It's feedback like this that helps us to do this so we are really grateful to you. Thanks again!

Colorado Wild Public Lands' Great Experience with Keela

Keela has helped Colorado Wild Public Lands to keep an accurate and up to date record of our members and donations. We have interfaced it with Mailchimp and we are using the Keela software to streamline our thank you letters and general record keeping. We've also used the tags function to record event attendance and the different types of contacts we have. We are looking forward to using Keela even more moving forward.

Pros

Keela has an engaging and attractive user interface. The colors are appealing and the icons are explanatory. I also like that there is the perfect amount of information displayed on the screen at one time. The software functions well, it is easy to enter data, and its lots of fun to generate reports.

Cons

My only complaint is that I haven't spent enough time using the software to fully explore its capabilities and time saving features. To date, though, it has helped Colorado Wild Public Lands enormously.

Hello Suzanne. Thanks for your great feedback and comments - we really appreciate you taking the time! I'm absolutely stoked that you've found the system to be engaging and easy to use. That's what we're trying to achieve here and it's very heartening to hear! Please feel free to reach out to us at support@networksforchange.org if you'd like any help getting to know other parts of the system - we're always happy to help! Thank you :)

Keela In Review

Customer service via email ONLY is not ideal, speaking to someone live is always better especially when trying to navigate new territory. While our rep has been helpful, the time spent sending emails could be minimized.

Pros

I like the managment of donors and how easy keeping track of donations has become.

Cons

It doesn't have newsletter capabilities as constant contact does, which is the software we were using prior to Keela and we had to go back to it for some time.

Hi Jennifer, thanks for sharing your thoughts! While we definitely understand that on-demand phone support is preferable, we've made the decision to offer online-only support for now to help keep support in-house and affordable for our clients (it's included in your subscription for free). That said, if there's ever a support issue that we can't resolve easily via email, we're happy to schedule a call/screen...

Database upgrade

So far, we have not completely switched over, but will make that move soon.

Pros

The system is a great step up from Excel spreadsheets, and we are in the process of a Quickbooks integration which will make tracking donors, sending receipts and email reminders and organizing volunteers a much easier job.

Cons

We would like to have memberships from our website tracked through PayPal and more templates available for e-blasts. I would also prefer calling customer service for complicated questions instead of email support.

Hi Wendy, Thanks for your feedback! Glad you finding Keela to be a great step up so far. :) Regarding your request for membership payments in PayPal, we've subscribed you to this feature request (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-209) so you'll be notified if this is something we're able to add in the future! Regarding your request for phone support, I'm happy to let you know that we...

Keela Has made a world of Difference

We used eTapestry for years and you needed a PHD to use it and pay them for set up. Keela normal computer users can learn and use Keela

Pros

Easy of use, set up and price. We were able to set up our donor page ourselves - very easy.

Cons

The limit of credit card processors. It would be good for nonprofit not to have to use high priced processors.

Howdy Jim! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this wonderful feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm so glad to hear that you find the system easy to use. We really do aim to make Keela accessible to everyone - No PHDs requird here :) We're always happy to review suggestions for new payment processors to integrate with! Feel free to submit any new suggestions in our Ideas Portal (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/) or vote on any existing requests. Our Product Team loves feedback so the more the merrier. Thank you again!

Keela Review

Overall very happy with Keela!

Pros

Overall very easy to use, I like that we are able to tag our contacts and place them in accessible and relevant categories.

Cons

A few features are a little hard to find, seems weird that e-blasts are under campaigns. It is also a bit difficult to change some organization settings, once found they are easy to change - getting there is not intuitive.

Hi Kathryn, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Keela! We are happy to hear you are finding the system easy to use :) Also, to your note about E-blasts, we have definitely taken this into consideration. That's why, in Keela 2.0, E-blast have their very own section! You will find a lot of other features are easier to find and navigate in 2.0. Stay tuned, it's coming soon! Thanks again for your feedback, from the whole team here at Keela.

poor integration with Quickbooks

Disappointing, speaking from the perspective of the charity's accountant.

Pros

Good for donor management, however, I don't use it for that purposes because I'm the accountant, not the fundraising manager.

Cons

We were hoping to integrate donations in Keela with Quickbooks donations revenue, but the automatic integration created a unique customer in Quickbooks for every donation (with a long string of non-sensical text as the unique identifier), which doesn't help, since we just want all donations from a single donor under that single 'customer' in Quickbooks. Also, multiple donations are often combined...

Hi Niki, thanks so much for your review! I wanted to address some of your concerns. With the new QB integration in 2.0, a new customer should not be created for each transaction. If you are still experiencing this in 2.0, please reach out to support@keela.com so we can look into this. As for lumping donations into one transaction, this is something that has been brought to our attention and we...

Keela a great option for small non-profits

Keela is what our organization needed and we are happy with donor management systems. The services are solid and the price is right!

Pros

I really like the features including templates for emails, the ability to link donations to sources and soft credits, the online embeddable forms and the ability to have many impact areas. The customer service is exemplary.

Cons

A few things I wish were easier. There is no debit option for payment type and reports can be difficult to navigate.

Hello Andrea - thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm so glad to hear that you find the email templates useful :) If you need any assistance with reports please feel free to reach out to us at support@keela.com. We're always happy to help or offer tips and tricks! Thanks again.

Very Efficient

Our organization has finally been able to properly track and store important donor and contact information.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, and makes it easy to input and track donors. Before purchasing this software I was tracking donors in a very inefficient way. Keela makes inputting so easy, and you're able to gather all kinds of information with the CRM model.

Cons

Being able to customize and hide elements that aren't relevant to your needs would be a great way to streamline this software.

Hey Killa! Thank you so much for this shining feedback - we really appreciate you taking the time to share it. Of course, we're even more delighted that you've found Keela to be a user-friendly tool to take your team to the next level. That's so great to hear! Thanks again.

Great addition

Positive. It's definitely making things easier!

Pros

Having an address book for everyone with donor information and contact notes is invaluable.

Cons

I find it difficult to edit things like the donation form. It feels like I have to edit so many pieces to change the whole form.

Hi Sam! Thanks so much for your review and glad to hear that Keela is a great addition to your team! Regarding the Donation Form, we've made some improvements to the workflow in our new platform that you'll have the opportunity to migrate to in the coming months. I can't wait to share this with you and get your feedback :)

Keela Is Multi-functional

Pros

We're able to meet several business functions.

Cons

Tracking financial information could be more user friendly.

Hi Lilly, thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate it! It sounds like Keela has helped your non-profit in a variety of ways, which is great to hear. We love to help! Regarding the tracking of financial information, we would love to get further feedback on how we can improve to better meet your needs. Please reach out to us at support@keela.com and we'd love to get further information, so we can pass it on to our product team. Have a great day and thanks again!