Keela

Fundraising CRM that unifies fundraising and donor comms.

visit website

Keela Reviews - Page 4

Keela Is Multi-functional

Pros

We're able to meet several business functions.

Cons

Tracking financial information could be more user friendly.

Hi Lilly, thanks so much for taking the time to write us a review. We really appreciate it! It sounds like Keela has helped your non-profit in a variety of ways, which is great to hear. We love to help! Regarding the tracking of financial information, we would love to get further feedback on how we can improve to better meet your needs. Please reach out to us at support@keela.com and we'd love to get further information, so we can pass it on to our product team. Have a great day and thanks again!

-from a tech newbiei

Pros

-able to give tags to different people to group them in different ways -option to send out e-blasts and customize them with pictures -fast way to keep track of people -interactions button is very helpful along with the choices (in person, email, phone)

Cons

-you can not make groups based on more than one tag -e-blast is very hard to figure out -not for those who are not good with computers

Hey, thanks for your comments! We wanted to let you know that you can create a group of more than 1 tag by creating a Smart List for "Contacts that belong to tag(s)". Read more about Smart Lists here (https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000233292-Create-a-Smart-List). Also, good news - we are in the process of upgrading our E-blast feature to be easier to use. You can subscribe to updates about this feature here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8).

Keela might not be perfect, but they will be soon.

Pros

The auto-tax receipt option is fantastic and the rest of the platform makes it easy to create multiple regional email campaigns at once.

Cons

There needs to be a mobile option and also a way to get quick insights about how much money has been raised in a date range instead of having to export donations to get the info.

We're excited to let you know that our mobile app is coming soon! The best way to be notified of new feature is to subscribe to our blog for updates. For insights on your donations, you can easily create a Smart List for ""Donations that were donated between"" and add your date range. More details here: http://bit.ly/2nOIhOR

Keela a great option for small non-profits

Keela is what our organization needed and we are happy with donor management systems. The services are solid and the price is right!

Pros

I really like the features including templates for emails, the ability to link donations to sources and soft credits, the online embeddable forms and the ability to have many impact areas. The customer service is exemplary.

Cons

A few things I wish were easier. There is no debit option for payment type and reports can be difficult to navigate.

Hello Andrea - thank you so much for taking the time to leave this feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm so glad to hear that you find the email templates useful :) If you need any assistance with reports please feel free to reach out to us at support@keela.com. We're always happy to help or offer tips and tricks! Thanks again.

Great small scale donor management system

I've had a great experience with Keela. They help you to get everything set up and transferred from another system. They also have a great area where you can give suggestions on improvements, and they actually take these suggestions seriously.

Pros

I like that I can build forms for each campaign and my donors can give directly through Keela! It eliminates work for me, which is really nice.

Cons

There are still a few kinks to work out and Keela is always improving. But the email side of keela is not design friendly, unless you want to import designs and try to fit text in around it.

Hello Briana! Eliminating work for you is the true purpose of Keela and hearing that makes our day. I'm so glad to hear this! You're spot on - we do take suggestions very seriously. You're the users on the ground after all and often you know Keela better than we do! On that note, I'm very pleased to let you know that we've got lots of improvements to the email builder on the horizon - Glad to hear we are on the right path! Thanks, Keela Customer Care

Keela review

Overall, it's been a great experience and I would definitely recommend this as one of the best platforms I've seen out there for non-profits!

Pros

Super easy to use as a platform (especially compared to our previous, outdated, limited database). I like how easy it is to search, see high level info, and integrate with other platforms (e.g. mailchimp)

Cons

I think reporting and analytics still leave a bit to be desired. It's the only part of the platform that doesn't feel intuitive to me yet. I also think some basic reporting information is not available yet (e.g. if we want to pull 'first time donors' there is no easy way to do that).

Hi Cari, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Good news, we're planning to make some improvements to our Analytics tools in the near future. You can vote for this feature to subscribe to updates in our Ideas Portal here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-14). Please also feel free to add any comments about functionality or specific reports you'd like to see. I would also encourage you to sign up for our training webinar focused how to get the most out of our current tools - you can sign up here (https://calendly.com/keelasuccess/training-session-3)

Keela is helpful and a good way to keep organized.

Pros

Keela is a great qay to get information out quickly (eblasts) and see all contacts added by each individual in the organization.

Cons

I'd like to see the eblasts be more user-friendly. They always end up in junk mail as well. Also, I'd like to see a way to single out groups of contacts or say, volunteer hours of contacts without having to add up individually to see how many collective hours there were in 2017.

Thanks for your comments! You can definitely build reports using multiple pieces of data in Keela. Please check out our Smart List feature for more details: http://bit.ly/2nOIhOR. Re: e-blasts, we're always happy to receive suggestions on how to improve Keela. Please get in touch with us so we can hear more about what you have in mind: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Sparrow's Nest Review

Keela is a learning experience. The Smart List features have been nice.

Pros

I like that it has a simple interface and is not super complicated. It is a great program for consolidating CRM information.

Cons

The notes are not separated out. It would be awesome to be able to save them individually by input date.

Hiya Jamie, thanks for taking the time to leave such great feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm glad to hear that you've found Keela simple to use - that's what we're after :) I agree that the ability to separate notes would be great! We've recently added the ability to export Interactions (with dates and notes) from the system which I think may be useful to you! You can find more information about it here: https://keela.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027462451-Exporting-Interactions. Thanks again!

Keela Review

The software has been fairly easy to use and the staff have been friendly and quick to respond when I have needed it.

Pros

It's been fairly easy to setup our account and forms and easy to use.

Cons

We have yet to import the information from our previous software as the process isn't as easy. We have to extract it into a format and then import it but the extraction is making all the cells not in the same format and someone has to manually adjust it before we can import it and currently dont have the manpower to do so.

Hi Ginette! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Keela. We are so happy to hear that you're happy with our software. As you mentioned, exporting from other systems can be tricky. That's why we try to make the imports of external data as smooth as possible on our end! We are continuously working to make this process fast and efficient! Our whole team looks forward to continuing to work with you and your team! :)

Worth the Investment

I researched 8 different CRM's and Keela was by far the best. Their customer service is excellent. I always get a response within 24 hours if not sooner. The software is pretty user-friendly but Keela provides online training that is very thorough.

Pros

Keela is simple, user-friendly and has all the features of expensive CRM's.

Cons

Keela is still fairly new so they are working out glitches and adding on what users want.

Hello Jeff :) Thank you so much for your wonderful review - we really appreciate your kind words. I'm especially glad to hear your positive comments about the Custom Service - thank you! I agree that we are still working towards making Keela the absolute best that it can be - Look forward to some really exciting changes that are coming in March and April this year (2019)! All the best!

Great system

Pros

I am new to using systems like this, but it has been very user friendly. I love the different organizational tools that all make sense.

Cons

So far, I love it. The only thing I can think of is that the search function isn't always accurate. If I use the search function under contacts, then I have a much easier way of finding things.

Hi Haley! Thank you so much for your stellar review! We are so happy to hear that you are loving Keela. We do have two search bars and the top is a global search across Keela, whereas the search lower down the page is specific to contacts, so will definitely produce better results if you are just looking at contact data. You are definitely on the right track there.Thanks again for taking the time to write a review.

Keela has significantly improved the way our team manages our current volunteers

Pros

It is easy to work through. Very user friendly. I like that you can have different tags for volunteers from different programs. It has the ability to send out blast emails and add pictures etc. which is great.

Cons

It would be great if we can do multiple filters for when we need to pull specific statistics. There are areas of improvement in regards to different options available under "interactions"

Thanks for your comments! You can definitely build reports using multiple pieces of data in Keela. Please check out our Smart List feature for more details: http://bit.ly/2nOIhOR. Re: interactions, we'd love to hear what you have in mind to improve this feature. Please get in touch with us here: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM

Keela Works Well for Our Small Non-profit

Overall, implementation of Keela was fairly painless. The Keela team is very responsive and hospitable. The features you get for the price are excellent, I would (and have) recommended Keela to other organizations!

Pros

Keela is fairly easy to get started on and use. It has a fairly intuitive interface and an attractive look. The integrations with Google are appreciated. The price, for a small budget non-profit like ours, is pretty good.

Cons

I wish there was a way to assign donations and memberships to Households, not just individual contacts. Most of our members and donors are institutions.

Hey Renée, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! Good news, we're in the process of designing a feature (Organization Contacts) to make it easier for you to separate "people" and "organizations" in your contact list. You can vote for this idea to subscribe to updates about this feature here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-52). The idea also has a suggestion for a workaround to use until this feature is available, which you might find helpful. If you have any questions, just email us at support@networksforchange.org.

KEELA is a great value proposition

Pros

Easy to understand and use and good upfront help in getting started

Cons

No phone support. Only email support which is very responsive.

Hello Robert, thank you very much for leaving this great feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time! I'm very glad to hear that you find the system easy to understand and a good value proposition - this is exactly what we're hoping to achieve! It's always a work in progress - at the moment we aren't able to offer phone support as you say. However, we're definitely considering the option of introducing this in the future. We'll be sure to let you know if we do. In the meantime, we look forward to working with you and seeing the incredible things that you and your organization achieve! Thanks again!

Keela review after, admittedly, limited use

I am very excited about using Keela moving forward, once all of the bugs of importing data is smoothed out. I think that the amount of ways you can use Keela and tasks you can complete is going to streamline many of our activities and create efficiencies.

Pros

That it is a web-based platform, meaning it is easily accessible regardless of where I'm working for the day. I also appreciate clean design, which helps deal with the sense of feeling overwhelmed that I've had with other databases. And though I am only beginning to learn the breadth of features, the shear volume of what I am able to do is astounding.

Cons

The dashboard could better reflect the aspects of Keela that my organization uses most - as a very small team, the 'projects' piece just isn't needed. Having a quarter of the dashboard dedicated to this feels unnecessary for us and, perhaps, could be dedicated to something else. We have also had some issues with set-up and importing all of our information that has been a challenge and time consuming (though customer support has been very responsive).

Hi Heather, thanks for sharing your thoughts! Good news, we are planning to make improvements to our Dashboard for greater flexibility and customization. You can vote for this feature to be subscribed to updates here: (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-10) - and please feel free to add your comments to this idea for any specific functionality that you're looking for.

An excellent software that is affordable and user friendly

Keela support was outstanding! There are many videos and and instructions to navigate Keela if you are new. We were able to easily contact for help and we can always provide suggestions, which is wonderful. Overall, Keela is an excellent software for medium sized businesses.

Pros

I loved the layout of the Keela software. Logging in and moving around the software was easy, efficient, and effective. I particularly liked the organization of all the different features and how they were easy to find. Keela allows you to save time and organize different contacts in your organization with tagging.

Cons

Keela was generally excellent and exceeded my expectations. The only downside is that in order to increase contacts, you must increase the price, which is expected, however, it can get quite costly.

Thanks for your feedback Tony! We are glad that you are finding Keela super user-friendly and that our resources have been helpful. We look forward to seeing what you and your team accomplish with Keela in the new year :)

Museum review

Very satisfied, for me it does what I need it to do.

Pros

It is easy to use, helps me organize my contact and memberships

Cons

not very easy to customize my options... I would prefer to see my membership and other form on my dashboard then the current options. If you are not very computer literate, it is difficult to navigate, a couple of our board members cannot/will not use the program.

Hi Maria, Thank you for leaving a review for Keela, we appreciate your feedback! I noticed that you were hoping to have an overview of Memberships and Forms on your Dashboard. Guess what, this has been added to Keela 2.0! I would recommend reaching out to Keela's Success Team at support@keela.com to find out more about migration. We would be happy to get you migrated over so you can customize your Dashboard with all our enhanced Dashboard widgets. We have also added some pretty amazing support materials to our 2.0 Knowledge Base that might support your Board Members with jumping on into Keela with you! We look forward to hearing from you :) Maggie Keela's Success Team

Vertile Foundation

It's been good. One other thing, your [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] offered to donate money to us when we first signed up. This never happened and we weren't credited that amount either. It would be nice to get that as a credit for next year.

Pros

It's very easy to use. I really like that we can put in recurring donations easily.

Cons

Right now, we're mainly using this software to help with time-consuming tasks like sending tax receipts. It would be really helpful if you had a very customizable template for these letters. I would only like to show the necessary info - date, amount and customer name. They don't need anything else from the database and if it's messy and include too much info, we'll have to do it manually. Also, we...

Thank you so much for your feedback! It's very much appreciated. Great news - both the ability to customize receipts and a report of Top Donors within Keela are two features that we are building right now. I'm so glad to hear that our Product Team is heading in the right direction :) Top Donor reports will be available in the upcoming months when your organization transitions to our newest platform - stay tuned for more details! I've sent an email to you from our support@keela.com email address to follow up on your credit - lookout for it today. Thanks again!

New & First Database

We are improving our fundraising potential.

Pros

Keela is easy to learn and the customer service is very responsive.

Cons

There are a few functions that Keela is not yet equipped to provide.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review, Kathy! We are so glad that Keela has improved your fundraising potential. We've received your feedback on the functions you'd like us to add and have notified our product team. I believe some are on their way in our new system and the others will continue to be considered for future releases :) We can't wait to share the new system with you in the coming months!

Great for Overstretched Staff and Good Value

Pros

Keela's simple design makes project management and customer relationship management very easy and for the value it cannot be beat. I would recommend Keela to any young start-up organization where principals are doing multiple tasks yet need an easy platform for synchronizing information and tasks.

Cons

I would prefer that the reporting function be simpler and more flexible. I have been unable to run some reports currently.

Hello Wade! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review - it's very much appreciated. I'm very excited to announce that our newest platform will include a whole new branch of reporting (including fancy intelligence and benchmarking tools!). We'll be in touch when it's time to transition your Organization over - stay tuned! I look forward to getting you up and running.

Keela helped Kickstart our fundraising

Keela has been so important to our success as a non-profit startup. We're able to keep track of contacts, get donations online! The customer service has been prompt and very helpful

Pros

It's easy to set up and use. As a new non-profit, Keela had all the elements we needed to get started at a very reasonable price. Contacts are easy to add and manage.

Cons

We are hoping that there are more templates for e-blasts available soon! I wish the project management tool included a Gantt chart or other ways to view projects.

Hi Shannon, thanks for your review! Happy to hear that your team has been successful using Keela. I have good news - we're in the process of upgrading our E-blast template builder. You can vote for this feature to subscribe to updates in our Ideas Portal here: (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8). We'd also love to hear more about your ideas for improving projects. Could you put in a new idea for our Product team to review? You can do that here: ( (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/new). Thanks for helping to make Keela better!

Making Connetions Easy

As a new user, my experience with Keela is very good and I look forward to using the software on a regular basis.

Pros

I recently started using Keela to organize and communicate with all my contacts about a new project. Keela has turned out to be an effective way to build a contact list and put together an effective campaign. We are also using it to send out email updates, which is particularly helpful. The site is intuitive and easy to use, even for a non-techy person like me.

Cons

The only thing I think they can improve is the back and forth functionality when I am in email composition made. I found I had to constantly go out of e-blast and go back in, which just slowed me down. I am hoping that the analytics will be helpful after a few times sending out communications.

Hi there! We're very pleased to hear that Keela has been an effective way for you to run campaigns for your Organization - what a boon! And it's so heart warming to know that you find the system to be intuitive :) Everyone should be able to get the benefits of Keela, regardless of their technical-know-how! I definitely hear what you're saying about E-blasts - guess what! We have some really exciting new features coming to our email builders soon... you can subscribe to updates by voting for the feature in our Ideas Portal here (https://keela.ideas.aha.io/ideas/KEE-I-8) We think you'll love them! Thank you so much.

Keels works for small non-profits

Keela was the absolute best answer for our growing non-profit. We looked at many other options and Keela provides the best value for the investment. We are very happy with Keela.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ease os use and the ability to see if a receipt has been generated or not. That’s a huge help, especially when adding donations that aren’t able to be automatically added via Keela (like donations received via the mail).

Cons

Sometimes, reports and where to find information isn’t as intuitive as I would like, but then again, I didn’t create the program! That being said, the customer service is excellent and they have been able to direct me to exactly where I need to go. So it’s not a negative.

Hello John! Thank you so much for this absolutely heart warming feedback. We are so chuffed and proud to hear it! I'm particularly happy that you find Keela to be easy to use and that the Custom Service is excellent. That's made my day! Thank you, again!

Keela makes 'working smarter', easier and more fun.

Pros

Excellent CRM. #1 reason nonprofits fail to use CRM's is how difficult they are to use. They include too many features that aren't necessary; and require dozens of unnecessary clicks to get content you want. Keela has all of your nonprofits needs on screen only when you want to be looking at it. Its clear, intuitive, colorful, and fun to use. Keela makes 'working smarter', easier and more fun.

Cons

Since it's new, some features are still in development. Integrations are growing. Some more customization on forms (donations) and receipts would be nice. Event integration is in the works but is a must

Hi Peter! Our team just wanted to reach out and thank you for your review! It has been awesome working with you and your team :) We hope you are still finding Keela super easy and simple to use, that's our ultimate goal! We look forward to continuing to work with you to support your organizations success :)

Keela's customer service and feedback is WHY we love Keela!

Pros

We love the development teams commitment to improving. We've suggested things we'd like to see and really love the individual attention we get from our customer service representative.

Cons

Some features are not all the way there yet. For example, when searching someone's name, you have to type the whole name out; it can't recognize partial names.

Thanks for your comments! Great news, you can now do partial name searches in Keela. Please feel free to get in touch with us directly if you have more ideas on how to make Keela better: http://bit.ly/2H0UvvM