Kindful Logo
Kindful

Fundraising & donor management platform for nonprofits.

visit website

Kindful Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.63/10

See full reviews by rating

I have never used a "perfect" CRM and we know that there isn’t such a thing, so if you can't have perfect its really nice to have good, with great customer service.
It has all the features of any of the competitors and has an aesthetically pleasing, easy to use interface. I love the follow up tasks option, which helps for good donors stewardship.
Attempting to prepare and issue "tax receipts" for ALL donors - has been extremely difficult and frustrating.
Lack of ability to setup and link different paypal / payment accounts to each of the different campaigns. Awkward interactions when you are both an admin and a donor.

Robert C.

Strategy & Development Associate

Incredibly Useful and Powerful

Transcript

Robert C.: Hey, my name is Rob. I am the development and operations manager at my nonprofit, and I would...

CY

Courtney Y.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Thankful for Kindful support!

I have been pleased with Kindful. Although I wish there were some features built in, I do appreciate the ease and generous support with the Kindful team whenever there is a concern with the donorbase.

Pros

The product and overall integration with other software is wonderful. The ease of the system has been a delight. The Kindful team is extremely knowledge, efficient and kind. I have reached out many times with questions or concerns and each conversation, the representative has went above and beyond. The system itself is simple and easily understood. The Dashboard displays the perfect amount of information. Great company to work with for nonprofit needs.

Cons

Customization to Mailer Templates, some data retrieval when building reports, search functionality is limited.

RI

Rachel I.

Kindful not so kind

It does help me to keep track of my donors and put them into different categories. It helps me to create emails for groups I want to send them too.

Pros

I like that I can easily put in new people/organizations. Easy to put in transactions.

Cons

How hard it is to print reports. There are way too many steps in printing out a report. Email instructions do not help. When I need help, it would be nice to speak with someone at the time I am having the problem, not wait for an email hours to a day later, with non helpful instructions that I could of printed off and didn't work the first time. I am very busy and when I have allotted time to work on a report and cannot get what I need, I need to be able to have a customer service person to help me at that time, because I do not know when I will have time to do it again.

LG

Lucas G.

Online Media, 1-10 employees

Kindful Works for Us

We are a small nonprofit. But Kindful has been eager to work with us, responsive to our questions, and we're happy to recommend it to other nonprofits of our size.

Pros

The ability to track all of our transaction activity in one place, with multiple abilities to sort the information, is an invaluable part of what we do as a nonprofit. The integration with MailChimp is seamless and only makes the tool more robust. What's been truly awesome is the addition of wealth insights to the data, allowing us to target messaging to those with the greatest propensity to donate. It's rare to see these multiple functionalities all in one place.

Cons

Updating records with third-party information is possible, but there are of course requirements about how to match those records. It requires planning ahead.

AM

Ariel M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

User-friendly software, not enough features available

We use it every day to keep track of donations, contacts, etc. It is very helpful to have everything in one place.

Pros

I love that it is fairly user-friendly and I really like the overall look -- very clean with nice design.

Cons

There are a lot of filtering options that are not available that would be really helpful. More bulk editing options would also be nice.

Hi Ariel, Thanks for the review! We're honored to have World Orphans in the Kindful family, and we're happy to receive the nice review. It sounds like you're using Kindful to successfully collate your data into one place, and use features easily with Kindful's user-friendly design. That aligns with some of our major efforts ¿ so that means a lot to hear your success there. Filtering can be a beast of a task, so I definitely understand your desire for more abilities around this function. We're currently working on getting a master list of filters listed in a support article, and I hope that's helpful to you once we publish it. I'll pass your comment about bulk editing to our product team. Thanks again for being part of the Kindful family! Cheers, Jared E

CG

Claire G.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Simple, Easy, and Kind

Pros

The support staff are the best thing about this. They are so ready to answer any questions I have, and thankfully I don't have too many since the software is so easy to use.

Cons

There are certain functionalities that could be improved upon. For instance, I'd love more flexibility in generating and scheduling the reports that my organization would find most useful. There are also little UI things that could use improvement. But overall, a great program.

LW

Lindsey W.

User-Friendly CRM with Excellent Customer Service

Kindful is helping the organization I work with see an overall snapshot of donor history. I have found the user interface to be incredibly user friendly. There are certain features that need catching up with the industry as a whole, and when shared with the Kindful team they are always receptive. I've even seen some suggestions come to fruition. Their customer service is top-notch and I can usually expect to hear back within an hour by email - often sooner. Overall, very pleased with the product and NO CRM is perfect on the market. This is the best of three major ones I have used.

Pros

I find the user interface to be incredibly intuitive and user friendly. For basic use, it takes little to no training.

Cons

Certain features still needing catch-up. I have had issues with household reporting and history. And, the social fundraising features have some quirks that always require work-arounds.

MC

Michael C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Kindful was a Game Changer

Pros

We transition from a nonuser-friendly CRM (Blackbaud Razors Edge) due to clunkiness and expense. Kindful was the opposite... user-friendly, easy to adapt, helpful customer service, and MUCH cheaper than Blackbaud systems. Transitioning to Kindful has been one the best decisions I have ever made.

Cons

When you are creating specialized reports it can be a little difficult to navigate at times

Abbie B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

A game-changer for small non-profits looking to grow.

Kindful has improved the way we do most of our donor management at the small non-profit that I work for. Before Kindful we were just using PayPal links for our donors to give and tracking everything on spreadsheets that more often than not were incorrect. Kindful has revolutionized the way we operate and has helped us grow more and more each year.

Pros

So many things! I love the ease of use, the customer service, the rapid responses when coming across and issue, all the iterations. So much to love about Kindful!

Cons

There are only a handful of tweaks I would make and they are all pretty specific to our non-profit so it may not even effect others. I dislike that there isn't an easy option for creating recurring sponsorships. There could also be some more flexibility with the peer-to-peer fundraising pages and forms design-wise.

FK

Fallon K.

Kindful...it's in the name

Kindful has been super helpful in streamlining all our contacts and billing systems into one. Kindful is our mastermind of collecting interactions, contributions, and any activity with our donors. It's a one-stop shop.

Pros

My favorite things about Kindful are the ease of use - it's super user friendly especially on the backend. Clear, simple, and lots of options for reporting. The other thing that Kindful gets spot on is the customer service. Any issues I have are corrected within hours of working with Kindful's support team. They are super personable and always willing to help in a prompt manner.

Cons

There have been a couple glitches with reporting in Kindful that I would have to bring up with the support team. But again, they are quick in response and helping to correct any errors.

MH

Michael H.

Kindful is Ideal for Nonprofit Organizations

We like the resources Kindful has - good webinars & articles. These often provide good ideas for us to improve our fundraising.

Pros

As a small nonprofit organization with no staff who are particular experts in CRM or fundraising strategies, Kindful has proven to be the ideal resource for us. It is easy to learn, implement and share with others on our team. We appreciate the data it tracks and the ease of access to whatever metrics we are looking for.

Cons

Very rarely and only early on, we had trouble linking some of our previous software programs with Kindful. At first we were worried we might have lost some data in the transition, but for the most part we seem to have sorted everything out.

PL

Paul L.

FCPO-USA's Kindful Review

Our overall experience has been very positive. We are just a small staff that we have not been able to dig in to all the features available yet.

Pros

Easy to learn, use and implement. Report configurations. In fact all the features Kindful has and the cost.

Cons

We have not found any cons. We are just a small staff that we have not been able to dig in to all the features available yet.

EO

Emily O.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Valuable for small to mid-size nonprofits

Pros

Kindful's best features are by far its user-friendly interface and their excellent support service. Their support team is always super helpful and quick to respond. The new chat feature is a great addition to an already great system.

Cons

While it covers most of the bases, it is lacking some of the robustness you would get from something like the Blackbaud suite. While they do offer things like event registrations, they are very limited in scope and capabilities.

NT

Natalie T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

It's the people behind the product

The Kindful software helps us manage and track donor interactions and contact info, as well as provide a portal for online giving.

Pros

What I like most is that whenever I need help, there are great online resources and helpful, patient and knowledgeable team-members that ALWAYS help me solve my problem or answer a question. That's a very reassuring feeling, since we are a small organization with everyone wearing lots of hats.

Cons

I wish there was more ability to customize the way we see fields onscreen

Thanks, Natalie! We love small organizations!

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Kindful

Pros

Kindful is very user-friendly and if you have a question, the support staff is quick to respond.

Cons

Kindful can be tricky when wanting to run reports specific to a certain campaign across fiscal years.

BT

Brittany T.

Great for the Money and with New Updates is Getting Better

This software has been extremely beneficial for our organization and they keep making improvements to ensure customer satisfaction. There are minor things here and there that are annoying, but this is definitely better than what we were using and the price is much better than other CRM companies out there.

Pros

The organization I work for used Salesforce most recently and it was nightmare for nonprofits. Kindful is built for nonprofits, so they understand how you will used the software and have made several features, such as generating tax letters, super simple.

Cons

The search functionality could be better as could the contact duplicate finder. It is also annoying that the system creates a new contact if a donor does not log into their account to make an online donation.

Steve L.

Lifesaving Software for Non-Profits

This software has changed our organization. Our board and staff have reduced the hours needed to track this information. We now have a spot for donors to track their own giving, update their information, and so much more. Last year was our biggest fundraising year to date, and I think it was largely because of the Kindful software and its ability to help bridge the gaps.

Pros

Our organization went from five (5) different Excel document sheets - just for one year and three dozen from the past ten years to having everything in one place. We have since gone back and added in all of the past data. It feels like we moved to a whole new level. Our donors love it, the staff love it, and the board really appreciates the real-time data.

Cons

It is hard to find software that does everything - but Kindful gets pretty close. The event area is pretty basic, with only a few options to customize, but I suspect that will continue to be enhanced in the same way they have enhanced other areas of the software. If you need a basic ticket for an event, then this will do the trick.

DB

Donna B.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

User Friendly Donor Software

I have worked with several different donor care software programs and this one is the easiest to use. There are a lot of different features in Kindful.

Pros

It is user friendly. Support team gets back to you in a timely fashion.

Cons

I have some problems with filtering in reports.

TB

Tyler B.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Kindful works smarter so you can work harder on the stuff that matters!

Kindful helps us automate and manage our donation process and donor base in a cloud-based platform. This frees up hours of staff time, allows us to more easily capture donations from donors, and creates a highly useful data set for future fundraising strategies.

Pros

Kindful gives our staff and board exceptionally valuable information and makes managing donors and their gifts a breeze. What was a highly manual process is now totally automated and we are able to leverage data about our donors in a way that maximizes our fundraising efforts and frees up staff to focus on the meaningful work of serving our congregation. Plus, the Kindful support team is awesomely responsive and helpful when we have questions.

Cons

All in all, not much bad I can say about the platform. It is continually growing and the Kindful staff does a great job of taking feedback into consideration for future roadmap items.

MN

Matthew N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great Tool that keeps getting better!

Pros

I love Kindful because all of our donors are organized in one fairly simple tool. We are able to run reports and understand our donor spread, attrition and habits of donors easily.

Cons

I wish the reporting feature was more robust as well as some options for integration with your smart phone so that you easily had access to contacts on the go.

Improvements Made Me Happy

We have been with Kindful for several years and have seen many improvements along the way. If we had a concern or needed a particular type of form that was not available, they willingly helped us to get the end result we needed.

Pros

Kindful strives to make improvements to make its software more user friendly and also to provide better solutions for managing data and financial/tax information.

Cons

While some functions are fairly easy to figure out if you are doing something for the first time, a few took more intense searching, which, ultimately, ended in my having to ask customer service. But, customer service was quick to reply and to send along detailed instructions on how to access the information and reports that I needed.

KT

Kendra T.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great idea, but full of glitches and oversights

The team is kind (haha) but usually not helpful. Several times we have asked for help and ended up with suggestions that only help Americans - most Kindful employees are not aware how the program works for Canadians and are not prepared to answer our questions. Rather, they need us to tell them how their program works in Canada. When it is a global problem we encounter, we receive help on how to work...

Pros

Attractive online giving page, easy statistics about donor giving on dashboard, acknowledgements tool is useful, tasks assigned to team members, recent transactions bar at side is handy to track donations as they come in, campaign sorting is handy, can compare campaign success year over year.

Cons

There are so many small oversights that make daily use of the program frustrating. Some examples: There is no automatic receipting for Canadian users, despite many other CRMs offering this in Canada. There is no way to offer a one-off receipt for someone, as the bulk receipting tool is a one-click button that receipts EVERYONE from the last year and will void any receipt made previously in the giving...

CI

Colleen I.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

A clumsy, confusing attempt at a Donor CRM system

Pros

It is better than the system we were using before, which was not a CRM platform. We have the capability to add notes and upload documents to a constituent's record. That's about it.

Cons

Our problems with Kindful began with the data upload. Some of our batches were uploaded twice and the support team at Kindful could do nothing to rectify it. Once your data is into the system, it's a complete mess to view. It's organized in abstract boxes across the screen and difficult to filter for the info you need. We were excited that the platform integrated with MailChimp- but this has proven...

Colleen, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We take immense pride in providing software that makes donor management easier and provides meaningful insights into your donors. I want to start off by saying that I have reviewed your comments and suggestions with our support, onboarding and product teams as we do with all reviews and we will take all of your suggestions into consideration....

AD

Alyssa D.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Good in concept but lacks execution

We originally switched over to Kindful because we were told that it was a partner with Network for Good and were told that the two would work seamlessly together. We found out very quickly this was not the case (this was not Kindful's fault, but what we were told by Network for Good). We were also told that we could do the import of data ourselves, and import all the data that we needed to (this...

Pros

Nice interface easy to enter basic data easy to learn the basics Nice step up from excel if you want basic data storage and basic searches and reports Good customer service

Cons

Queries not very robust Reporting options not very robust Data glitches acknowledgement features for letters are limited

Alyssa, We hate to hear that you’ve not had the experience with Kindful that was promised by Network for Good when they sold our product to you. Looking back through our records, it seems that you didn’t have any calls with our Sales team, or with our Customer Success team to help streamline the onboarding process as you transitioned into our database. We regret this as we have these processes in...

MM

Meher M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

One stop shop, comprehensive, conveinent

GREAT. It allows us to derive good reports, get a comprehensive understanding of our donors, type of donors, and useful wealth analysis.

Pros

Our organization loves Kindful's plethora of offerings within one CRM. Being able to manage donors, do wealth evaluations, store contact information, and connect this information to all of our third party accounts like newsletters, quickbooks, and payment softwares. It also makes donor pages look great and are super easy to set up. On average, I spend about 10 minutes on Kindful every day to get a very comprehensive understanding of how my organization is growing day to day.

Cons

It's inability to take comprehensive notes for each entry. This would be a very useful feature to add donor notes, meeting minutes, and other information that we can house institutional memory within.

TN

Tiffany N.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Kindful's easy to navigate platform has been fantastic for our organization to maintain clean data.

Pros

The Kindful software is the most user friendly donor database I have encountered. Anyone can use this software and set it for their needs.

Cons

Kindful is excellent for less computer savvy users but can be frustrating for more computer literate users. There have been times when setting up campaign landing pages or forms that I would like to be able to edit the HTML but this is not an option. I would also like to be able tp have more if/and statements when running reports.

Hi, Tiffany! Thanks for giving Kindful a review! It sounds like we share a love for clean data and user-friendliness, and it brings us joy to hear you've been able to navigate the software easily and efficiently. We appreciate your feedback about the depth of options. It's a fine line to make software easy to use while also giving flexibility to advanced users. In our quest to make Kindful a great solution for all types of users. this feedback is super appreciated! I'll pass it along to our product designers and try to promote the flexibility you seek. Thanks again for a stellar review! Talk to you soon, ¿ Jared