MinistryTracker Reviews

Church management system

Not enough automation

I've been using MinistryTracker for years and years (since youthtracker.net) because of its affordability and wide range of uses. As a children's minister my main purpose is for check-in. What would save me the greatest amount of time is more customization to the check-in set-up process to make setup more automated. It is a hassle teaching other people how to set up for check-in. Otherwise, I'd be hardpressed to find another suitable option as affordable as ministrytracker.

Pros

affordability

Cons

Too much set-up.

Thanks for the review Dan. Yep, the ability to save check-in settings is coming soon.

Great Program

This is a great program but it's a little hard to stay organized. The prices are a bit high but it's still somewhat worth it.

Pros

Space, statistics, groups, event attendance

Cons

Inactive people hard to sort out, deleting groups is impossible and frustrating to do one by one when it's large amounts

Thanks for your feedback Yaisa. It sounds like you may not know about our Smart Group technology where you simply define search criteria for a group and people are automatically added or removed if they match the criteria. Please contact us at support@ministrytracker.com and we can show you how to setup smart groups. You can also setup an auto-inactivator which will remove inactive people automatically...

Great Product!

Ministry Tracker is a wonderful product that they are constantly working to improve! It has been a major asset to our church and children's ministry! It is cost effective and the customer support is beyond phenomenal! This company is striving for excellence and they live up to it!

Cons

Thanks for the feedback Trudy.

MThompson's Review

Overall, fairly easy to navigate and user friendly. I do wish there were a few more functions and opportunities to modify and edit smart groups as well as save reports and easily modify those as well. I also really wish there were more options to make emails sent out more visually appealing.

Cons

Molly, Please contact us at support@ministrytracker.com and we'd be happy to help you learn how to use the visual editor to make your emails look amazingly professional. The editor we use is the same one that fortune 500 companies use and we create amazing looking emails with images, formatting, and multiple columns. We'd be happy to walk you through that. Please contact us at support@ministrytracker.com and we'd be happy to show you how to save advanced searches so you can easily use them again. Those features are available it simply sounds like you might now know how to use them. We'd be happy to help.

Great resource and product!

We love Ministry tracker. The easy of use and seamless transition from children's - youth ministry save a lot of work each year!

Pros

Multiple ways to enter and track data.

Cons

Thanks for the feedback Jared. You'll be excited to see the new user interface coming by June. We know you'll love it.

Worth every penny

It is a great program. Lots of features and great functionality. We use it in many areas of our ministry. As a full time youth director I find this program very helpful! There are so many features that it provides that I can not only maintain the program but expand it with no added cost. Highly recommended!

Pros

Functions and features.

Cons

Very basic interface cosmetically it could look better.

You'll be happy to know a new Admin Portal is coming soon. You'll get a taste of it if you take a look at the new Member Portal we just released where your people can give online, signup and register for events, view the online member directory, volunteer for your events and more.

Love Ministry Tracker

I use Ministry Tracker for our youth ministry. It keeps us organized so we know who attends our events & activities. Keeps track of money, birthdates & information, parent information, etc. I love that we can use Ministry Tracker from anywhere and any computer. It's easy to use and my youth leadership kids can help with inputting information, when needed. Thanks Ministry Tracker!!!

Pros

Web-based, easy to use. Keeps important information in one place.

Cons

I would love an app for my phone.

Thanks for the feedback Julie!

Very good software with many different parts to it

Pros

I like the ease t which I got around from one part of the software to another and how it all worked really nicely into each other so it was very easy to follow. Also it is a great starting price that I think is easily affordable for most members.

Cons

There was not a thing I did not like about this software at this time of testing and reviewing our options. It definitely is in the top 5 for us to make our final decision on after reviewinfg 10+ and trialing, reading reviews etc and buying some to get a full go of for a month.

Thanks for your feedback. We are always improving based on user feedback so if you do come up with something that you see we can improve please let us know. You're working on the front line so your feedback is the most valuable.

Wish there was an easy way to print giving statements double sided

Works well, just wish I could print double sided when printing year end gifts. Also our subscription was shut off briefly after our credit card was compromised due to fraudulent charges. Would have been nice if there was a little grace period and a chance to pay before just shutting down the account.

Cons

Thanks for your comments Joe. Great idea for the double sided statements. When you have ideas like that please email support@ministrytracker.com so we can get them into our upgrade features list. I'll add this recommendation to our updates now. It shouldn't be very difficult at all. Please send in any ideas like that when you have them. That's what makes MinistryTracker great -- the ideas...

Good if you can afford it

Pros

It allows you to be able to track every area of the congregation in one place. I can then figure out the best ways to move forward for various events.

Cons

It seems to make the people just numbers. They no longer are Tom and Jane but rather "married male accountant 2" and "single female mother 5" not exactly like that but this is almost what it feels like at times.

Thanks for the review! The name that you enter for a person or a family is completely up to you and we encourage you to use people's real names. We don't have anywhere in our software that presents people as "married male accountant 2" for example. The only way that would display is if you put that in as the person's or family's name. Please reach out to our customer service at support@ministrytracker.com...

APP Needed

Here at Gethsemane Baptist Church, we are always trying to find new ways to improve our communication with our large congregation. This is a great too but it would be even better with a mobile app. Are there any plans to create one? Thanks

Cons

Luther, You can access a mobile "app" version right now by going to your Web address on a mobile device. You can bookmark this to your homescreen of your device so it looks and feels like an app. Coming in June is a totally new UI that will look even better on smaller mobile devices. It doesn't make sense to create a native app as it's very expensive to maintain all the different versions for android...

Great Value

Ministrytracker is a great all-around product. It is packed with features for a great price. Their customer service has always been excellent.

Pros

Packed with features

Cons

Needs to be even more user-friendly and have a more clean looking interface. Sometimes the screen just looks too busy.

Thanks for your feedback Jerry. You'll be excited to see our new User Interface coming in June. Should make Ministrytracker.com even better as you requested.

Ministry Tracker review

Program is easier to use than other programs I have used. I would like to see in the communication section a way to type an email and text at the same time. The home phone communication part is so much better than the other system we were using. Would also like to see external website options for the public so one company could be used for internal and external websites and church management

Pros

See comments

Cons

Thanks for the feedback Jason. You can certainly view attendance by specific group. Drop us a line at support@ministrytracker.com and we can show you how to view attendance just by specific groups.

Great service

I have used Ministry tracker for a little over two years now and it is an invaluable resource for my ministry. Not only can I quickly communicate with my youth, parents and volunteers, I have an easy to use data base to keep all their contact information.

Pros

Great database features.

Cons

It can be difficult to get kids to update because I can no longer print their direct address for them.

Thanks for your review Jeff.

Ministry Tracker: More uses than we realized

We have been pleased with Ministry Tracker. We are learning new applications all of the time. When we have had questions, customer support has responded quickly and has been very helpful. Highly recommend!

Pros

It has the ability to track attendance, registrations and payments.

Cons

Still learning, so the things I'm not as happy with, may simply be that I am doing wrong...

Thanks for the feedback Peggy.

Quality and Reliable

As a missionary organization using Ministry Tracker, it does an excellent job of keeping track of our finances.

Pros

Good dashboard summary of financials, easy to read display, no interruptions of use and access

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive with having to access different pages

Thanks for the feedback April. We'll be having a brand new user interface coming but June. You'll love it.

Overall, this is a great resource

Ministry tracker is a great resource. I came into a setting that utilized it, and was not familiar with it. Its functions are great and is a helpful tool for keeping track of your ministry data. However, i occasionally run into problems with login. It has seemed to revert back to old login information sometimes. I have changed some profile stuff around and then had trouble accessing my account. Customer service is very helpful but, there seems to be a mysterious thing happening every few weeks where i have to recreate my info.

Pros

Its overall function

Cons

Updated: 1/16/17 @ 1:28 PM. Our engineers worked with you to resolve a problem with your Google Chrome installation. It was working fine in Safari and Firefox. Once the corrupted cache file had been reset you've not had any trouble accessing the site. -- -- -- -- -- Original response: 1/16/17: Thanks for your feedback Gerren. Please contact us at support@ministrytracker.com in regards...

Keeping track of the Members

Pros

MinistryTracker does a good job helping the church to keep up with its members. It is great for all ministries throughout.

Cons

At times information does not save if the server is down or being worked on.

Thanks for the review Adam. We rarely have server down time. Any maintenance windows are announced with several weeks of notice and are done at off peak times so very few customers are impacted. Please reach out to support@ministrytracker.com if you think you've been impacted by a server maintenance window as they're so rare we are extremely surprised to hear you reference it. We'd be happy to adjust this really rare windows if they are impacting you more than others. Thanks for being the best part of Ministry Tracker!

Great way to keep up with everything!

I've been using MinistryTracker for years and find it to be an exceptional program. It's easy to use and always available - no matter when I am. I highly recommend!

Pros

That I can use it from anywhere. I mainly use it for tracking finances and budget.

Cons

It will not allow me to print reports on what I want to print.

Thanks for your feedback Jana. Please contact us at support@ministrytracker.com and provide us with more information about what you'd like to print. You may not be aware that we updated the entire site so that when you press the "print" button it only prints the main content and not the header or footers now. You should be able to print any report, but if you have special needs please let us know so we can look into adding those features.

MinistryTracker

I think overall MinistryTracker is a good product. I do not feel that is extremely user-friendly, but the support staff has always been very helpful in helping me learn how to use features. I just don't like having to contact support every time to figure out a feature. I feel MinistryTracker has a lot of features that are not relevant to my church needs at this time but could be very useful for other organizations or even our church as we grow. The cost of the subscription is good if you use all of the features, but I mainly use for tracking attendance.

Cons

Pam, Much of our competition write long user-manuals and their support is basically "go read the manual" or pay to talk to us. We'd rather answer your question right away with a live human and save you all the time of digging through a manual. We also develop great relationships with our customers over the years. Please don't hesitate to call. It's the fastest and best way to get your questions answered.

Great ministry tool

Pros

Web based and easy to use. I use it to track and communicate the youth in my group. It helps me keep track and use my volunteers to track our teens. I really love it. It works great.

Cons

Price does not include texting.

Thanks for your feedback Mike.

Been using for over 8 years...

I have been using this service since forever and would not change. They work well with you and constantly updating to keep current and relevant. The only drawback is the cost, but to me its worth it!

Pros

Wonderful, easy to use and convenient..

Cons

The price.

Thanks for the review Chris!

It Tracks

I've been using it for six months. I love the reporting ability.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Navigation is excellent. The support is very responsive.

Cons

It would be great if the contact and group email information would transfer functionally so that I don't have to maintain two databases.

Thank you for the review Carol. Please contact us at support@ministrytracker.com as we'd love to know more about what you refer to as transfer functionality to maintain two databases. Speak with one of our customer success representatives and I'm sure we can help. We look forward to speaking with you in more detail.

God got this

Pros

Besides managing events and tracking everything, the best part is that you can print tags for children and their parents so that the child leaves with the right parent. Safety is always first.

Cons

that it takes time to get used to it, and explore all that it has to offer and the price.

Thanks for the review Nannette. We are always here to help get you and your team members trained in using the software. We believe in a personalized experience because no two ministries are the same. Our personalized training and support is always free and we encourage everyone to use our team to help them explore all the benefits and features of Ministry Tracker that might be useful to their ministry. Always feel free to reach out with questions or training requests to our team at 1-888-634-2038 or support@ministrytracker.com

One of the best!

Customer Service is one of their best attributes over the past 6-7 years that I have been using them. They are always making new update to make the service better.

Pros

Lots of options to fit your ministry.

Cons

Confusing to use sometimes.

Thanks for the review Lee.