Roll Call Reviews

Pros

This is a great software that i have recommended to many of my friends and will continue to do so.

Andy C.

Multiple functions is another great quality about this software. It can be as sophisticated or simplistic as you need it to be.

Sonya S.

Great church management program backed by outstanding customer service team. A high quality program that doesn't break the bank.

Daniel M.

Cons

Having to enter each child individually (does not work with out reservations system). Inability to check a student into a program before the start time is inconvenient.

Victoria G.

The only con I have is the lack of knowledge in me, of what this program can really do.

Jessica C.

Generally unhappy, poor forms; not wysiwyg. Expensive - also takes a long time to load (memory hungry).

Robb F.

Solid and functional software. Outstanding Customer Service.

Greatly enhanced our organization's connectivity. Essentially easy to use and manage. Great customer service.

Pros

Really feature-rich. Mostly intuitive and user-friendly. Scalable to meet the demands of the organization. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SECOND-TO-NONE. Quick to respond. Personable. Expert. Stays until the job is done.

Cons

Some initial learning required in order to really understand the product. The GUI could stand to be upgraded a bit.

From Many, One

I'm already thrilled with Roll Call, and we have yet to realize the benefits of creating our own photo directory, or using it to check in classes. I did just set up our various grade levels of Sunday School, with graduation rules in place- so that next August, one click will update all kids and their information into their appropriate class for next year- sweet. Setting up html email templates using...

Pros

Our church had a cobbled-together sock drawer of solutions that had been done one at a time over the years, in which nothing worked together. Roll Call allowed us to take all these disparate elements running under Windows emulation into a unified, dynamic solution in the Mac environment. We are just starting to reap the benefits,as our Fall season begins. It's so great to have our membership database,...

Cons

We were attempting to export our old files from ACS, and their export utility made it virtually impossible, through no fault of Roll Call's. Hence, I spent a lot of hours re-entering data via copy and paste, with our old Windows desktop and new Mac version open side by side. It was worth the work, because when it's finally in and you can manipulate the data and reports, wow!

Roll Call Review

I think as a basic database this works great. Our church has continued to update this software and probably will continue to do so. We also, unfortunately have to run Quickbooks for non-profits for paying bills and such. How awesome it would be if there was something to link the two. I have told other church planters like me to look into this software, I think it is priced right and grows with the church. I would suggest that the makers of Roll Call continue to make this software user friendly. Even more so than it is to date.

Pros

We love the idea of putting people into groups. The Giving tracking excellent The The ability to handle lots of data is great.

Cons

The email function is too basic. In this day and age there should be HTML functions. This is a MUST! The financial reports are left to the creator to edit if you want reports that people can read. If I do a 12 month giving report it goes across three pieces of paper unless I copy and paste a bunch of it which is a hassle. I think you need much more visually friendly reports for people to read. The query section is difficult to navigate. There are lots of possibilities (which is great) but could there be basic one's in place (Women's ministry, etc.) There is no right "click" opportunities to copy or paste, you have to go the the "edit" section of the men and select it. Shortcut keys are important.

Roll Call Recommendation for Check-In Services

Our church of about 500 has recently relocated and wanted to upgrade to a Child Check-In system that printed child's name tags with a parent security tag for a safe and secure child check-out process after class or event. I personally downloaded and tried over 5 different software programs using the "30 day trials" and Roll Call, by far, was the most user friendly! Entering families is quick and simple,...

Roll Call Robust Feature Set

Roll Call is a robust software package with strong sales and technical support. The ability to use a check reader makes this software very attractive. Set-up is straightforward but will take some study. Data can be exported for manipulation in other software, but to do so will take some higher level skill. Financial summary data can be written to disk for import by some accounting software packages. As a stand-alone or networked database, Roll Call is an excellent affordable product that is worthy of consideration for either Windows or Macintosh platforms.

Pros

The database structure is well done with a predictable interface. Most impressive is the financial input and tracking. We are implementing using a check reader. This has greatly improved accuracy and has cut the time in half we used to spend counting weekly offerings. Having the check reader alone tips the usability and should be a standard purchase for all Roll Call users. With only a little work,...

Cons

Like any relational database, users should be familiar with database functions. This is not a simple spreadsheet list but rather a robust multi-function package that requires some study. However, training materials and support are quite good. Most functions are straightforward, but some require reading the manual for proper implementation. Assigning security levels to various users is a little difficult to understand - the documentation for this part of the program could be better. This is not a web-based solution for those wishing to give partial database access to congregation members.

Grateful New User

After serving as church treasurer for 16 years, I decided I needed a break from the weekly (daily) attention. After 6 months of no hassles, I somehow found myself as financial secretary. Piece of cake, right? After a considerable amount of time looking for just the right software, I decided on By The Book's Roll Call. We are a relatively small church (150-200 regular weekly attendance), and don't...

Perfect option for those coming from Fellowship One

Our church was originally a long-time customer of Connection Power (now owned by Fellowship One). CP was always a convoluted mess to me, difficult and complicated to use. When Fellowship One purchased CP and dramatically increased the monthly pricing, it was a great excuse to jump ship. We hadn't searched too long before we settled on Roll Call. It was the obvious choice for our budget. Our...

Cons

A church's best friend for attendance and membership data

Church admins will love this software, especially since it offers great support and training tools.

Pros

All the data about members and attendance are stored in one localized database. It makes it easy to communicate with church members and to keep track of which members are volunteering for certain groups. This is what my church uses it for mostly, but it also offers many other great features. Another great thing to keep in mind is that churches can determine which package is best for them depending on the size of their congregation, so they are not paying more for services that they cannot utilize.

Cons

The design of the software does not have a modern look. Very simple and basic, but this can also make it easier for users to navigate.

Roll Call is an excellent way to organize and track a Children Ministry in a House Of Worship

Pros

Roll Call allows you to ensure accountability and monitoring to your Children Ministries. By designating who can and cannot pick up children as well how is dropping them off you can rest assured and have peace of mind when you drop your children off with staff and volunteers.

Cons

The user side of the system appears to be a little dated in the visual experience. It would be more effective and easier to use with simpler push button windows. Less text more pictures

Roll Call has all the bells and whistles!

Pros

Roll Call literally is your one stop platform for all functions of church data! They do a great job at being very custom and continuing to keep up with emerging technologies such as being able to use your finger print for check ins for children's ministry! I also love that you can have custom fields for data and can do all your communication through one application either by email or text.

Cons

The only thing I could say about this software is almost the same with all data management software, which is continuing to work on how the program looks and feels. The features and functions are great I just think other industries are a step ahead in GUI. Overall though the software is very easy to navigate and once you get going it becomes very user friendly

Administrative Secretary

I would highly recommend this database program to any church needing a more efficient way of keeping track of membership records, from mailing lists to giving records to Sunday morning worship attendance. All of my volunteers have been able to quickly learn their area from me just sitting down with them for a short time and walking through the process. I would recommend the full tech support service for at least the first year, if not every year. It's very comforting to know there is someone just a phone call away who can walk you through the process. Overall recommendation would be an A+++.

Pros

Overall great tech support starting with transfer of data from FileMaker Pro database to Roll Call. Easy to learn basics from just using the program and/or online helps and/or calling tech support. Tech support feels like family after calling and working with them just a couple of times. Entering donations, printing quarterly/yearly/individual statements, keeping track of pledges, running donation/pledge...

Cons

One of the areas we are having problems with is the "missing worship report" - however I haven't called tech support about it yet. Also, one of my volunteers thinks the way the attendance report with the dashes and number one's is hard to understand. I don't find it that difficult but she thinks there should be an easier to read format. I really don't have any real concerns as I know that tech support could help me with just about anything.

It's a good product and reasonably priced.

It's a good product and reasonably priced. We have only been actually using RollCall for about 5 months and most of that time was in a learning curve. We are not using it to it's full cabability but so far, it meets our needs. I'd recommend to anyone implementing Roll Call to hold off purchasing until you are actually ready to implement so as to take advantage of the all the free tech support and training.

Pros

The biggest Pro for our church is to have all of our membership information in one place. Before RollCall, we had about four different spreadsheets, all with different information for the same people. The good thing is we were able to import most of the data from our spreadsheets into RollCall. The directory functions are so easy to use and it prints out a nice looking directory. We are just implementing the Child Check In and already find it such a time saver! No more lines waiting to check in your child!

Cons

The biggest con is not being able to access the database remotely. We have a small church which means most of the people that need to access RollCall have other jobs and would like to be able to access from home. I would also like to see a more robust word processor, particularly allowing importing of Word Templates for letterhead. Free tech support runs out too quickly. Since most churches are not in a rush mode, a better delivery of support would be on an hourly basis - say 15-20 hours of support, (which would include getting started classes) and when that runs out customer needs to pay for it. It just took us so long to get going that our tech support ran out and funds are limited.

Holy Cross Lutheran Church (Austin, Tx) Roll Call Review

I have been using a stand alone version of Roll Call V6 then V8 since June 10, 2003. I have maintain all contribution records for Holy Cross to present. I have just upgraded to V14 Client/Cloud so that our new computer-literate Pastor can also use the other feathers of RC. Very pleased with its performance. Custom support has always been outstanding!

Pros

Does exactly what I need it to do to track contributions and maintain address records for periodic contribution mailings. Our new Pastor will be using many more of the features of Roll Call.

Cons

Complex, but good customer support overcomes my inability to read the manual carefully. I tend to print manuals and use printed version, and presently I am using V13 manual with V14 software. Do not know what I am missing.

Great Church Mangaement Software for our Organization

Our church was looking for a better system to help us keep track of our members and their information. We were using a combination of spreadsheets, word documents, and access databases prior to selecting Roll Call for our solution. We looked at two other options. We decided to do the trial for Roll Call, and after working with it for a few weeks and learning the features, we decided it would meet...

Roll Call software for churches

Would recommend without hesitation or reservation for any church that wants to organize it's office functions, keep up to date information on its members and to be able to provide donation information to a member, including statements, at the push of a button. Also includes tracking of donations and pledges for the minster and board of directors.

Pros

Very intelligent design to include the functions necessary for most churches, small to large. Easy to learn and use. Good user documentation and tutorials both printed and on-line. Truly outstanding support no matter if it's a how-to application question, assistance in formulating a complex query or help in installing a version upgrade. Good security which provides several levels of access.. Good support for the youth ministry including a child's special needs and allergies. Includes reminders for renewing of background checks. An excellent array of reports for every type of user from a data entry person, a financial person, volunteers and the volunteer coordinator, the youth ministry people and the minister and board of directors.

Cons

Competitors point out it is not browser based. That is not an issue for us. If remote access is required, we can attain it through a third party remote access program such as "Logmein" which is free.

Roll Call customer service is always helpful

Pros

I like the customized reports and customer service is always helpful if we have an issue or just need help trying to figure out how to run a specific report.

Cons

I wish the customized reports would export directly into Excel in one step instead of copying to csv and copy and paste into Excel.

I think it is the best church software package available for its price range.

I think it is the best church software package available for its price range.

Pros

ROLLCALL is a great product for the price. Allows you to track many aspects of a members participation like attendance, groups involvement, giving, etc... It also allows you to run many different reports. If a report you desire does not exist then tech support will create one for you. It offers a child check in feature that can be used on Sunday morning for children's church. This not only looks professional but adds security making first time parents feel comfortable leaving their children in your care. Price varies according to church size which makes it very affordable when your are a young growing church.

Cons

Since ROLLCALL is not web based it can sometimes be difficult to access from a location other than your building, like your home. Also, child check in can be slightly complicated if you are meeting in a portable facility. You will need to either access the database through the internet and create a VPN, this may require some upgrades to your system, or copy the data file to a portable computer for Sunday service and then replace it to your server after. This adds a few steps which you must be diligent to do in order to avoid loss of information.

2 Thumbs Up!

Overall we are delighted with the Roll Call product in comparison to the Church people management system we were using. For a congregation with about 200 members this is an ideal system. It is very budget friendly and we are not paying for data management that we are not using. The switch to Roll Call was quite easy as Customer support quickly answered or solved all questions /problems in the transition....

RollCall Review - TerraNova Church

I would definitely recommend RollCall. The price is very reasonable, the customer service is fantastic, and it has allowed us to really grow our ministry.

Pros

RollCall has allowed us to completely automate our child check-in. It is very easy to use. The kids are able to check themselves in every morning. We are able to accurately track our attendance, run labels for various mailers, send mass emails, and run visitor reports to send postcards to our visitors. It also allows us to do an accurate headcount during class to make sure that every child is accounted for and checked in. We also use RollCall for our summer VBS program, and our mid-week bible study for our kids.

Cons

Some of the query and reporting features are fairly complicated. I no longer send emails out using RollCall. Instead, I export the email addresses and send them out separately. The email feature is very touchy and if I accidentally use the Enter key on the 10-key pad, it will send my email out immediately before I'm done typing it.. To avoid this, I no longer send emails through RollCall. Also, changing the fonts for some of the mailing labels is not an option, and it is a feature that we would like to use.

Roll Call

Pros

Roll Call is great for a church database both for contributions and our children's program attendance. The program streamlined the donation receipts this year.

Cons

Like most church-focused software we considered, it has its limitations because of different levels of church size and the cost of online features. Our church is small so the higher costs do not suit.

Roll Call Software

I am very happy with the program - the few things I don't like we have been able to work around and are more than outweighed by the functionality of the whole.

Pros

I like the way Roll Call is a whole church system - we bought it primarily to keep track of children's church but it is so much more than that. It is easy to teach and administer and has the flexibility to be modified for our needs. The back up assistance after purchase has been outstanding - no question is too trivial for the company to follow up. My every issue has been addressed and answered to my complete satisfaction. The company have also assisted us in acquiring the bar code scanners etc that we decided to use with the system, which allowed us to get them at a good price and with no questions as to compatibility.

Cons

The query function is not entirely intuitive (at least for me) and while information can be extracted to another program for further manipulation, it is a slightly cumbersome process. I would also like to see more options for information and formatting with the badges so we can include all the detail that we would like to see. Also the ability to change font, size and orientation would be good.

Great!!

I was looking to save our church some money on office expenses but also find a program that works well with Mac. RollCall fit the bill on both accounts! We are saving $1400 a year now!! That's a lot for a small church! Thanks RollCall!

Pros

I love that it works well for those that are data entry focused, keyboard shortcuts all work great so there is very little 'mousing' around on the screens. The report exports to Numbers spreadsheets work really well and are much quicker than what we were using before. The number of different reports I can access make it really easy to get all kinds of information into nice presentations for meetings. I also love how I can so easily save it to a stick and "take RollCall home" to work at home too.

Cons

Our children's ministry wishes it could keep track of the kids club points system together with Check-In. Beyond that, I can't really say there is anything else I don't like!

We Love Roll Call

I am someone who uses Roll Call multiple times a weekend to resource the names of kids and their families attending and visiting our Children's Ministry. I do not have very much technical understanding and so while I hit some bumps here and there, it's been refreshing to just call up customer service and get immediate answers and assistance. Customer service has always been patient and helpful (and...

RollCall Software Exceeds our Expectations for MAC and PC Users

We highly recommend this software for all church sizes. We needed something to get us out of the file cabinet records drawer and into the real world using electronic media. This is a simple software package that provides us everything we need to maintain membership and contribution records. Our church size is approximately 100 Members and this fell right into our budget range. We just upgraded to Version 11 and see even more improvements that will help us better communicate with our members and visitors with letters, mailings and Email. The report documents are much better and we see great improvements in the user interface.

Pros

Version 10 is easy to use and implement. Works well on a MAC as well as a PC. You can't beat the pricing as compared to many other softwares we looked into. You maintain / host the software on your on your premises and on your hardware. I was able to save time by importing membership data in a CSV format. It is very flexible in customization providing numerous fields to change for our specific needs. Customized "Access Levels" gives us security at different levels.

Cons

Report customization is lacking and could use more flexibility. The Query tool is is a bit cumbersome but works.

First Baptist Church Greensboro

Every interaction I have had with Roll Call staff has been wonderful. Not only are they very friendly but they quickly walk me through whatever issue I have to resolve.

Pros

Very comprehensive database.