Roll Call Reviews - Page 2

Work and Roll Call

Pros

I like the multi tabs in the families and separate records for each person for tithing, reporting, and groups.

Cons

A good deal of Extra things that waste time and are either overkill or double info. Some of the inflexibilty in fields and their outputs when some of the records generate. Although the records are as a family, they still function separately, so you have to visit each person with changes (except phone & address). Can be slow and time consuming.

Great in Theory

The software is great in theory, but make sure you have some computer programming experience in your background. I found the software to be difficult to navigate. Once the data is entered, its seems as if this software can produce lots of options; but, be aware the software is sometimes difficult for the user to figure out. Every report or request is tedious if you are not computer savvy enough...

Cons

Terry - I am so sorry to hear that your intial set up has been difficult. We reach out to each person that downloads a trial of the software to see if they'd like any help getting things set up or to join us for an online demo. If you or anyone at your church are still having difficulty getting what you need, please contact us at 800.554.9116 and we'll be happy to help.

Secretary

After several years of experience with they system, I am very confident and continue to create reports and databases that fit our needs which is the greatest asset of this program. We have set up deacon sets and family groups which has been very instrumental in visitation and outreach in other areas.

Pros

Lots of choices to pull so many reports by different categories. Great for membership and contributions. Familiarity is your greatest asset. The more you use the database, the easier it is to pull reports and information. You can create your own groups, and you are not limited to generic reports. So you can be as specific as you want to be.

Cons

More workshops need to be available to help you realize how many reports can be pulled. This helps with all the custom fields. This is an area we did not utilize at first because we did not realize what could be available. I did go to one workshop in Fort Lauderdale but a lot of the workshop centered around contributions. I deal more with membership and family records. Ignorance is the enemy when you need information and can't figure it out.

Easiest software I've found

I tried to use another software program form another company. Even after hours of personal training from their staff, it was just too difficult to understand. Wasted about $. I found Roll Call and downloaded the trial. I was able to use it right away. And for only about $. Even when I had a question, the representative has always been so helpful. I'd recommend this program to anyone.

Pros

Ease of use and affordability.

Cons

Can't think of anything. It just keeps getting better.

Child Check In

Had served for 10 yrs at our previous church in Children's MInistry and have used varying check in's. This system has been the easiest and I love the ability to grow with more check in computers and or key cards as our ministry grows. Would highly recommend it to any church looking to update their system!!!!!

Pros

We have loved the Roll Call software for the Child Check In System. It has been easy to use, others have been able to easily figure it out and when we have had trouble the staff at Roll Call has been VERY helpful to answer all of our questions! Had to call serveral times and they were always ready to help us!!! Thank Yo!

Cons

We are using a Netbook, as we are a church who sets up and tear down each week, to do any of the behind the scenes work on the software we have to plug into a monitor. Not wanting to always have to carry the big monitor, we would love to see the ability to scroll up and down easier to see the whole screen on our Netbook. For just the child check in we have been able to use just the Netbook Screen.

Check In Review

Great support from company. Love the reports it creates. I like the old way of check in when everyone didn't get checked into every group they belong. You had to find the group and mark them in.

Pros

Easy to use. Love that it can be used for everything a church needs.

Cons

Everyone who gets checked in gets checked into all groups they have ever been checked in to and you have to go uncheck the ones they are not being checked in to.

Derby Church of Christ

I was new to the secretary job and wanted a church program that was simple and easy to use. We are a small church and didn't need a lot of bells and whistles. My son helped me to find the program on the internet and we downloaded a trial. It took me a while to figure out how to use some of the options, but it does everything I need and is easy to understand. I have had to call support a few times, but they were very helpful in answering my questions. I am very pleased with the program and would buy it again. Thanks

Pros

Easy to enter database and pretty self-explanatory

Cons

nothing that comes to mind. I found it easy to maneuver once I got my bearings. There are parts of the program we will never use as a small church, but it has everything I need.

EXCELLENT MINISTRY AIDE

Overall...I would highly recommend this software to any organization that has a need for "STRESS FREE" membership processing. The reports are very detailed and also allows many options for EVERY need.

Pros

Roll Call is certainly a blessing and a miracle to my ministry. I have NEVER worked with such a fine and superb ministry software as Roll Call. The best part is the technical support that is available. Although, I had minor questions during my trial period - I still found the software to be EXTREMELY user friendly. I had to input data for the entire year during the trial period. I truly enjoyed the input and looked forward to working with each component of the software. In fact, I purchased the software prior to the trial expiration date. My contributions have been processed more timely and without a burdensome experience.

Cons

I have no "Cons" i.e.., negative comments regarding the product or the support staff.

Contribution Ease

Roll Call has made the recording of contributions a breeze over 300 per week. With the addition of the check reader, I have saved at least 75% of time it took to keep tithe records posted. I previously had to post once a month, after alpa sorting and then posting, then proofing. Now I am finished with the week by WED afternoon and up to date each week. What a savings on my job performance and time,...

ROLL CALL IS GREAT !!

If your church is small to medium size and you are looking for a software to track it's members information as well as one that is user-friendly, Roll Call is the one!!

Pros

After reviewing several other membership tracking softwares, I almost had my mind made up, but decided to look one more time. Roll Call popped up and I decided to try the demo. Within an hour and a half I was able to setup, the church information, several trial members with contact information, Sunday School class groups, attach members to groups, complete contribution batches, a link to quickbooks for the contribution deposit and then a year end conribution report that would be mailed out at the end of the year! WOW!! It was so EASY! Roll Call is just what we need to track our members, their attendance and their contributions. I'm so excited, I can hardly wait to really get going!

Cons

I haven't noticed anything hard or confusing about Roll Call yet.

Financial Secretary

I highly recommend Roll Call!!!

Pros

The program is easy and keeps tracks of members donations on a weekly basis. Quarterly statements can also be issued which enables members to keep track of what they have donated and shows them their pledge as well as what is due on their pledge. Members want an end of the year statement for their taxes and Roll Call also has a feature that makes that simple. One of the best features of Roll Call...

Cons

There are no cons!

A Wonderful Solution!

Best church data solution on the market!

Pros

I have been in ministry for 17 years now and have never been satisfied with any church data management software until now. Rollcall is both a simple to use product and powerful ministry tool. In a world of complicated and expensive data solutions, Rollcall is a breath of fresh air. It not only meets my ministry needs, but exceeds them in a way that is very cost effective. Instead of a "one size fits all" approach to data management, Roll call has succeeded in offering the perfect size that fits us both financially and functionally. Thank you guys for working so hard to develop a product that keeps my life simple.

Cons

The only suggestion I might make is that the reaction time of the server be increased or some indication that what I click on has been recognized so I don't keep clicking and confusing the server locking it up.

I have been using Roll Call for almost three years and I love the program and the customer support!

I don't usually have any problems with my Roll Call, but when I do I call Customer Support and they are wonderful people that treat me like a real person and not a number. I recommend Roll Call to my friends!!

Pros

Once I have my names, addresses, decision dates, baptismal dates, birthdays, anniversaries and personal details in the system, I can do alot with them. I use it to print out my Sunday School Rosters and labels for special occasions. I don't have to retype their information again. I even printed out a directory with photos. The congregation thinks I am really on the ball and I will be the first to tell you I am not; I just have the right software for churches!!

Cons

It does all I need it to do and we are an active church. We are one church with two locations. Works like a champ!

Very Pleased with few Concerns

I would definitely recommend Roll Call to other Churches. It's a great tool to help one manage the core needs of managing and processing a congregation. While there is room for improvement, overall it's easy to use and you can't beat what Roll Call offers for the money.

Pros

Strong software in the area of reporting, donations, membership mgt, attendence tracking. Intuitive and easy to use in terms of the core features. Very feature rich; Excellent overall package for the money.

Cons

The advanced query writer is awkward and difficult. Some inconsistency and quirkiness across different reports. For example, a single active member of an inactive/non-member family will cause the entire family to show on a active member report. Saving & recalling queries & reports is not intuitive. Inadequate flexibility in formatting letters; weak emailing in terms of editing, mass distro and interface with mainstream email clients.

Why call when you can roll call.

Overall, I enjoy using roll call for my substitute needs.

Pros

I like that I'm able to use this software to find a substitute when I'm out. I can log all the information needed of the sub into roll call. Also when I was substituting roll call made finding openings easy.

Cons

As a substitute, I don't like when it sends you openings that have already been filled. There should be a notification sent once the job has been filled.

Easy Attendance

Pros

Makes taking class attendance a very quick and efficient task.

Cons

It can be a little frustrating to add or remove a student from the class roll.

Roll Call software

Overall we are very pleased with the software, anything that we have had to reorder has been smooth. We had to go through an upgrade for more users and it was very easy to do. We appreciate this very much.

Pros

Roll Call is very user friendly. It is easy to manipulate to fit your needs. We were really pleasantly surprised as we signed our church members children up how easy it was to sign everyone up.

Cons

Haven't figured out how to put in children with different last names than the parents? They maybe staying with an Aunt or Uncle or Grandparents due to a situation. For now we put them under the same last name, but this legally isn't the case.

Hi Chris - Wanted to let you know that you can have children with different last names in the same family. If you go into their profile record (under People>Search) you can change their last name to their "real" last name. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call us.

General Review of Roll Call

Roll Call has been a work horse for us and would be a good product for anyone to purchase. We found it worked well with Mac, which was the main reason for our original purchase.

Pros

Everyday use for members, classes and groups is very easy to navigate. Donation information is easy to record and track. Most users are able to search for basic information with a little training. Support has always been excellent and the people are very friendly and easy to work with.

Cons

Email is not user friendly for anything but straight text and is not useful for cutting and pasting from word docs. The formatting and some of the characters do not translate exactly. It would be nice to be able to forward forms such as attendance rosters directly without having to print and scan to email for teachers.

Most Excellent Church Managment Software I've ever used!!

Roll Call is currently Super. It is hard to improve upon perfection.

Pros

We love the detailed record keeping & reporting. The cost is most certainly a bargain compared to functionality. With the implementation of version 9.5, the check-in feature is allowing us to empower others to have a sense of ownership in our church outreach. One might say roll call has inspired an internal revival of church workers. Thank God for Roll Call. We give it an A++, & with the below described improvements it would easily surpass everything out there in our opinion.

Cons

I would like to see a greater ability to multi-task with-in the same window. A central desktop type opening window with a look similar to quickbooks would be more appealing than the current file tab selection.

I have greatly enjoyed ROLLCALL. Excellent program.

Pros

It is easy to use and provides all one would need for keeping Church records. As a missionary, I was needing a program to keep financial records, such as giving contributions. It has been exactly what I needed. I had looked at several Church software programs and I am glad that I chose ROLLCALL.

Customer Service is Excellent

I was trying to transfer my records to a new user on my computer. I called them and they were quick to respond and very quick to resolve! They were also extremely, friendly! We are very happy with this software! Any software can be a bit difficult when learning. However, knowing that a quick phone call to customer service will answer all of your questions helps make this software excellent!

Roll Coll - Time Saver!

Highly recommended for big or small implementations of check in system.

Pros

Roll Coll was extremely easy to install and is very user friendly. Using Roll Call has decreased the amount of time it takes to check our children into Children's Church. Many canned and ad hoc reports are included. Product is priced right for those churches who are mindful of getting the best for your buck! Support staff is always friendly, knowledgeable and williing to help. The technical staff is continually improving the product to keep up with "the times". For example iPlad support has just been released. The company is cutting edge without making you bleed.

Cons

User license is by individual versus family

Always fantastic service!

Every time i have had an issue or needed anything from Roll Call they are so prompt and helpful! I never have to wait to be contacted and they are always so kind and easy to work with. Once i spent an hour on the phone with a man helping me through a very simple process- as we were going along working in roll call i would ask him questions about things completely unrelated to our task that i did not...

Cons

Fantastic program for Church database records, track giving, Kids ministry safety and more!!!

Our church has been using Roll Call for 3 years and it's great! We've recently added the Mobile & Connect and they're fantastic to keep church records current and the fact the Mobile works on any smartphone or tablet is great too. It saves so much paper when we're doing our attendance and head counts on the weekends! From the administrative standpoint, we started Roll Call just as a check in and...

Cons

Gives me all I need to track my flock. What it does not have I can add in custom fields. EXCELLENT

Pros

I can track all my people including my visitations. What it does not have I can add through customizations

Cons

I wish I could do better reporting. I have not figured out how to make good custom reports. Also, I wish I could customize some of the fields in the dashboard. I'd like to integrate the email into my email software. If that can be done, I've not figured it out yet, but I have not really looked.