Roll Call Reviews - Page 3

Great benefit to our ministry

Absolutely essential if your focus is on people. Other church software I've used is money centric; however, Roll Call includes great finance tracking abilities with a focus on tracking and caring for the people of the church.

Pros

Allows me to track visitors, missionaries, members and prospects with ease along with ensuring contact is maintained with all of the above. We produce our own professional looking church directory, nursery logs and Sunday School rosters with ease and accuracy which saves us a great deal of money and time.

Cons

The system is works only as well as it is maintained. We've started small and simple with bringing the church into the technological age and are building more and more on the capabilities of this database.

Whether in-house or in-the-cloud, Roll Call is a winner!

Pros

The team is very responsive to our needs. It is always a pleasure to be able to dialogue directly with the programmers. The folks at Roll Call listen to their customers; and most often implement suggestions that come from the customer.

Cons

Nothing we don't like about the vendor. It would be nice if the product offered a little more artificial intelligence in terms of helping us reach the members and visitors that are at risk of falling through the cracks. Don't get me wrong, the information is there, but it does require a bit of knowledge of logical operators to extract it.

Fantastic product, and I recommend anyone looking for a church software solution seriously consider Roll Call.

Pros

- Entirely customizable reports - No monthly fees, pay based on capacity, so a smaller church can grow into an increasing capacity, paying for more capacity at a later date. - Cross-platform, both PC and Mac on same network - Support is hands-down the best support I've seen with any product, ever. -Major version release every 12 months (They haven't missed one yet!) Minor releases much more often. -Easy to roll out an upgrade to all your clients. Simply upgrade the Server install, and clients auto-upgrade at the next login.

Cons

- As of version 9.5, there is no online ability.

By the Book: Roll Call

I was very impressed with the ease of using this product. Additionally, the tutorials (the movies) were amazing. I know it must have taken forever, but they walk you through all of the important info you would need to run Roll on your computer. I am not one to really want to call and ask for help, I like to figure things out on my own. These tutorials made that happen. Now, I did have to call in about the finger scanning software (something I knew I would have to do from the time I ordered), but even that phone call went smoothly and was very informative. Dave did an amazing job walking me through all the details of getting set-up. He was also able to get everything up and running for me in less than an hour! Great job "By the Book!" You did a great job keeping the customer in mind!

Roll Call Review

My Wish List would be: A quicker list view of people checked into a session and a quicker check in/out for nursery from such a view. Infants seems to come and go throughout a service and instead of check back in. Let them use the same tag for the day... and it check them back in, with that by recalling history or something simular to that. Keep collective checkin and out history for recall. Cannot be used as a church daycare, in/out tool. Newer version can, but cumbersome to use in that capacity. Solution is a bit pricey for the number of users and for the custom keytags with barcodes compared to some of the other companies that offer these type of solutions.

Pros

Very good and is easy to use.

Cons

Very mouse friendly. Non-mouse or keyboarders have larger learning navigation learning curve.

Roll Call Lite has worked very well for me.

I needed a program to run on a Mac, and after a lot of research, I chose this one. I wanted this program basically to record contributions and send contribution statements, which are both very easy to do. It is also working well as a membership roster. We did not need features like child check-in, so the Lite version is just right for us. The support people have been very pleasant and helpful. One minor thing I would like to see changed is when running a contribution statement for an individual, there are several drop-down choices such as annual, quarterly, etc. I would much prefer that the default be annual instead of quarterly as it is now, or be able to set a default. Overall I am very pleased with the program.

Cons

Great customer service but outdated confusing interface

We have been using this software for several years. When I became the pastor four years ago I did not like the software because it was not user friendly and the interface is outdated. My secretary was familiar with the software and so we didn't change. Now that we have a new secretary, we are currently looking for new software that will meet our needs.

Cons

Matt - I¿m sorry to hear you feel our user interface is difficult to use. I wanted to let you know that we are releasing version 13 this fall with quite a few changes to the user interface. I¿d love the opportunity to show it to you to see if it will better meet your needs. We¿d also be happy to spend some time online with your new secretary teaching her how to use the system.

Great child check-in system!

The roll call check-in system has been a great addition to our children's ministry. It is very easy to use, which was a concern to me when we were shopping for a system. The labels are pretty economical and convenient to order right from the websight. The only real glitch we've experienced is that sometimes it fails to print a parent tag when the child tag is made. We have to submit again to get a parent tag. However this is something I have not yet contacted customer service about. I'm sure they will have an answer, as they have been very courteous and efficient when I have called with other questions. When our church grows a little more, we will add the touch screen or the key tag scanner- not sure which.

Great System

Overall, our experience has been successful with this program. The majority of parents find the check in and check out system quick and easy to use. We are currently researching networking ideas so that we can have 3 computers running at the same time. We definitely have a lot of learning left to do!

Pros

Check out is much simpler than our previous system. Increases our security. Ease of check in for both parents and users.

Cons

Having to enter each child individually (does not work with out reservations system). Inability to check a student into a program before the start time is inconvenient.

hi Victoria - Wanted to let you know that you can check a child in before the start time, by setting your check in preferences to allow for X minutes before the class starts.

Super fast, super fun...

Overall, its a win for the church, business, daycare, or anyone needing to keep up with who's coming and going.

Pros

This software is very fast compared to others and now with the new kiosk mode that can be used on the iPad, or other tablets, it looks great too! Super interactive and creates quick, seamless check in for all. Also, the pricing is unlike the competition. One time purchases make this software budget friendly for everyone.

Cons

There is some training necessary to work within the software, setting it up, getting reports, etc. It's not a con, just could be hard for some.

Great Software with Awesome Customer Service

Great experience, the customer service goes above and beyond to insure you know not only how to use the product; but that all of your questions are answered as well.

Pros

It works great, and save a lot of time/work.

Cons

A little pricey, but worth it. And it does have a slight learning curve, but once you learn the layout it becomes very simple.

Not sure what you are asking for

Overall I think it is a great product and can be configured to do many different things. NOTE: I was not able to obtain the original date of purchase from the Treasurer. She could only be certain that we had paid for tech support in 2002, so she assumed we had to have purchased it in 2001 or prior to that.

Pros

Can produce many reports using roll call, as well as labels, etc. I use it everyday to look up info on members, friends, etc., who attend our church.

Cons

In the attendance part we need Roll Call to show the association for each person so we can credit the correct person when doing attendance as we have more than one with the same name in many instances.

Highly recommended for any organization that requires a powerful database to keep track of.

Highly recommended for any organization that requires a powerful database to keep track of attendance, offerings, and the like.

Pros

Extremely powerful; more features below the surface than most places would ever need. There's not much it can't do. Fantastic tech support.

Cons

Many of the most powerful features are not mentioned in the documentation (probably because most places would not be using them on a regular basis). These powerful features are really not anything the normal user could ever figure out, but as I said, the tech support is great, and they are always willing to help, either via email, or phone, or even writing custom formulas.

Roll Call is a Gift

I highly recommend By the Book and their church managment software, Roll Call.

Pros

As a new start up church, we were looking for a church management system that was easy to implement, intuitive for volunteers to run, provided a child check in feature, and integrated donations with our accounting software. Strong customer support was also critical for us. The team at By the Book is a wonderful group of people - informative, friendly, responsive and well trained. Roll Call has exceeded our expectations.

Cons

Using the group email feature with Hotmail hasn't been too successful.

Roll Call is Fantastic!

We had looked for a check-in system for our Children's Ministry for about 2 years, trying to find the one that would best meet our needs. We found By The Book/Roll Call and have been very pleased! It is exactly what we were looking for. We were assisted promptly and thoroughly with set-up and introduced to the many features Roll Call has. David really went above and beyond to meet our needs by adding a feature to the software. He and his team are top notch and great people to work with. The software is amazing and we will be recommending it to all the churches in our network. In addition - we will be using the church database features also.

Cons

Best church software ever!!!

This software is wonderful! I did a great deal of research based on price and value and this is clearly the front runner. I loved the fact that every time I had a technical issue or any kind of issue for that matter; I was able to call them up directly and got a hold of someone immediately (no phone tree of any kind). Every time I had a problem, they solved my issue very quickly. The only con is that they are only available M-F during business hours. There was no support on like a Sunday morning. Other than that this has been a wonderful experience and I highly recommend this to everyone! Great product and great service!! Love the online tutorials!

Cons

This product is easy to use. When we did have a minor issue the customer support was excellent.

This product helped us to consolidate all contact information and giving records in one place

Pros

We appreciate the fact that all of our congregations contact information is available in one place. We also like having the ability to track contributions weekly by individual. This product has exceeded our expectations. Excellent value, powerful product. You will not be disappointed with this product

Cons

The only issue we had in using Roll Call was user error. If you use the tutorial videos they do explain all aspects of this software in detail. Customer support was excellent in helping us navigate those areas we had questions on.

Great program for the money!

A good check-in system that allows us to up our security in our children's program.

Pros

This program gives you detailed reports about attendance and families. It also gives you detailed records of families. It has an easy check-in process once everything is set up.

Cons

Some of the software is hard to figure out. Could be a little more user friendly when going through the process of importing contacts. It can also be hard to edit information about a family when you are in the check-in screen (unless I have not figured that function out yet). It would also be helpful if it was compatible with salesforce in order to upload attendance data.

Great for price and easy to use.

Pros

I demoed several online programs and found this was the easiest for me to navigate for my (Church's purposes). Although at this time it is only being used to track membership and donations, it has other features we thought we could benefit from in the future and the price fit our Church's budget. I think it's a great program for small churches.

Cons

Would like the option to not have visiting churches/individuals who give nice donations, for which we might need to give a donation receipt count as part of our 100 members.

Software & service Review

This is my first time using Roll-Call in my working career. And I have been using it for the last three years. I am totally impressed not only is it easy to use but every day I realize what else it can do! And Customer Service couldn't be better...they have always been available and have answered any questions I have put before them. The only regret I have is not being on board when the system was introduced to our company, as I was not yet employed here at that time. I would have liked to have learned the system along with the rest of my co-workers. Bottom line is I would highly recommend Roll-Call to any type of company!

Cons

It's worked great for our church. We LOVE the check-in system and name tags for our nursery!

Pros

We use the check-in system with the mobile add-on. It makes checking in for our nursery quick, easy, and secure. We plan to soon expand it to our older children's Sunday School classes as well. We love how nicely the name tags print with the ability to customize what is shown. The automated tracking of attendance is another major selling feature.

Cons

Would like the ability to auto-generate reports via email and to be able to save them as xls or csv. With the use of Nexmo in the mobile add-on, would like to be able to view incoming texts from parents who are being notified to come to the nursery.

??????

I've been using this product since it was being developed by Mr. Gene McGlasson whom I even had the pleasure of meeting about 10 years ago! I remember calling him a lot and telling him what didn't work or was acting up. I kept upgrading version everytime he had a new one until I was pretty happy and I am still using an old version which pretty much does what I need. I remember long time ago installing one of the newer versions and I can't remember exactly what it did that I was not happy with, so I decided to keep using an older one. Nevertheless, I am still using a very old version and I am pretty happy with it. Thank you very much.

Pros

See Overall Recommendation.

Cons

See Overall Recomendation.

Roll Call

I would recommend Roll Call completely. I have been using it for about 2 years and am very happy with the results we get. It can easily be adapted for smaller or larger churches. The program has a lot more capabilities that we don't currently use at this time.

Pros

Overall easy to use Great Customer support - quick to respond w/ step by step help if needed Reports for attendance easy & complete Produces a great directory of church members Easy to use donation screens & reports

Cons

Reporting is difficult if not familiar with tables or queries Icons have pictures only. Adding text would be helpful

Great experience with support, tutorials, and everything this application has to offer.

Reduced the number of hours it takes to perform the job. We are a very small church and are currently looking for a permanent secretary. This software is so intuitive. I know it meets our needs but can see where it would be great for bigger churches as well.

Pros

This application is extremely user friendly. It has greatly reduced the time it takes to track our contributions, print out our annual receipts, produce our church directory and print out reports for our elders, pastor or or members. Than you By the Book.

Cons

I like the feature to be able to load into excel. I just wish we had that flexibility to load reports into word.

If you have a lot of groups that you want to keep track of, a large children's ministry.

If you have a lot of groups that you want to keep track of, a large children's ministry to check in and out or if you want to begin a database of member's and giving I would highly recommend RollCall. The security of our children and youth is high priority and RollCall helps us achieve that.

Pros

It is very easy to use, especially if you have never used a similar program. Customer service is second to none. The more we learn about Roll Call, the more we realize it will do almost everything we need it to do and more.

Cons

After using PowerChurch for years, it was hard to switch to a new program, but so worth the time.