Roll Call Reviews

Roll Call

Church management software

Roll Call

Easy and Functional!

We tried a variety of church management software programs before settling on Roll Call. I couldn't believe how simple it was to use and functional, especially compared to the more expensive programs like Shelby and Logos II, which both made me want to tear my hair out. We have been particularly pleased with how easy it is to print and customize things like labels and giving statements. And to top it all off, there's no ongoing fees. The tech support and sales people are all very friendly and prompt to respond. They let us purchase the software on a 10 month payment plan, which made it even more affordable.

Check in

We use this product to check in the children for Sunday services. It's been very easy to use for all parties. However, when we add a visitor under the check in window, I wish that we had the ability to issue theme a tag right away as well.

Cons

Hi Elizabeth - I'm glad to hear things are working so well for check in. When you refer to the "theme tag" are you talking about a keytag? If so, there is a way to assign a tag at check in. If you click on the EDIT button when you get to the check in screen... there is an Assign BarCodes button. You can assign a keytag here.

Loving Roll Call

We have been using Roll Call for about 3 months and I really love the ease of use for the interface. This is a really easy database program for non-techie users. We are using the Roll Call to do our check-in for Sunday School and I like how you can customize how you can do check-in and I like the fact we can check in from our iPads. We are looking forward to using this check-in this summer when we have over 200 kids in our VBS program. We will have 4 iPads set up and I think Roll Call will really make it easier, safer, and more secure for our children checking in.

Retired Pastor

I have not used some of the features of this program, but I heartily recommend this program. I have used it in a limited way since the early 90's. The people are very, very nice to work with. They are a company with names and friendly voices on the telephone and so helpful. Try them out!! I do not mind being a referral, but I would have limited help to give as you can see.

Pros

I have used this in a limited way, but it is very easy to enter data and wonderful to tract information on people!

Cons

I have found it harder to make specific reports that I want, but that could be because of my limited ability.

Great Software...with Even Better Support

The support staff at Roll Call is superb. They know the product and are able to answer ALL of my questions. They also initiate the support help. They suggested a webinar which was most. The showed me how to get done those things which I need for my church. They also send out emails with videos which help to maximize the use of their product. I could not be happier with the product and the support.

Pros

Ease of use...very intuitve

Cons

I haven't found anything that i don't like.

The installation was quick and the how-to manuals and videos are easy to understand,

We were looking for a database program to assist with tracking gifts and pledges. This software has all the elements we were looking for, including easy input. We look forward to using the reporting tools for both our parishioners and for tracking purposes. Much more comprehensive than our old system of spreadsheets and complicated mail merges! I don't see us using the actual "Roll Call" features for tracking attendance, etc. I like the possibility of keeping all parishioner records in one place but for now, we'll use the donor record pieces.

Cons

So glad we bought with this company

Buy this program so you are able to work hand in hand with a company that cares. It has everything needed at an affordable price.

Pros

Customer Service has been the most amazing with this company. I have spoke with Kim every time I have called or she has called me back quickly. She has helped me every step along the way and I always know they are just a phone call away.

Cons

I would like for the birthdays of the children to be on the printout tags. They are working on this for the newest version, although it is not available yet

Best investment our Church has made in keeping financial and Congregational attendance

For years I was using a software product called Membership plus 2003, which is no longer supported. We need a product that was easy to setup and easy to input data. We searched for weeks comparing various products and concluded that RollCall was the easiest to setup, the easiest to input data, and best of all it was well within our spending budget. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a simple church accounting and attendance booking and more program. There's even an App. Looking forward to using that someday. Cheers.

We just switched to Roll Call and Love it! Very user friendly. Excellent

It has been a wonderful experience so far. I loved that I was able to do a 30 day free trial in order to know if it would work for us before we spent the money! I highly recommend this software!

Pros

It is so user friendly. The tutorials are very well explained and the few questions I have had were answered quickly by the customer service and technical support! Everyone is so nice that I have spoken to.

Cons

There have not been any negative issues at this time. The website, support and trial were all pros.

Great Program With Excellent Support

Every program has it's good and bad, they have continued to add to this program to make it robust, user friendly, and fit into our changing dynamics. Whenever an issue it identified they are quick to make updates to the software. More importantly they will help you figure out how to get answers to questions that your church needs to know with queries, reports, and already prepared shortcuts. I have been using RollCall for 6 years and would recommend it to every church as a great program to run their member database along with contributions.

Get it for your Church!

Pro's It makes check in go much faster. Love the reporting available. Can easily add visitors. Con's Checkin roster should be able to print in one step. There is more that is available with the software, need more tutorials, or a place where instructions are posted at a readily available place. Maybe a training session when you first get the software - that would be great!

Cons

Kelly - I really like your idea about a training session with your purchase. I'll chat with the team and see if we can't get that implemented.

Literally the best software for church admin I've ever used

We needed a software that offered giving records, kids church check in, directory records, and we got so much more with Roll Call. The program is in a lot of ways very customizable to suit your ministry needs. By far the customer service has been impeccable. I have never dealt with a business that cared so much for its customer satisfaction. To recommend only would be an understatement I have to go a bit further and say EVERY church needs to give this software a try...

Roll Call Church Software Review

The program itself is very easy to navigate. The Roll Call User Manual is very easy to follow. The only thing about the program we wish was standard are certain tabs that we used in our other program, without having to place the information in the Custom Tab. With different people using the system and inputting information, it is to easy for them to forget to click on the Custom Tab or the Date Tab to input the information, which was standard on our other program. Other than that, we are enjoying Roll Call.

Roll Call The Best Call for Your Church

Very user friendly. There are so many benefits to Roll Call from data entry to reporting. Being able to pull just the information that you want on reports is a blessing. You don't have to wade through information that you don't need. I love Roll Call. It has made my data reporting much easier.

Pros

Roll Call has been a blessing to me in my data entry for the church. We have had great success with this program and I highly recommend it to a church of any size.

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say about this program.

Great service, robust platform!

We use Roll Call Client on multiple machines, allowing only one person at a time to access the data. This works great for our use, and I appreciate By the Book allowing this option for a smaller church like ours. Roll Call also allows us to focus on ministry to those who come to our church, making it easy to stay in touch and update their information. The system load up is a bit slow when making changes, though, and I look forward to better infrastructure that would allow faster data transfers.

Very useful

would like to have the ability to see all of a child's profile from check in screen

Pros

VERY helpful staff adaptable to our specific needs user friendly for new volunteers parents spend less time waiting saves time - our previous printed/laminated tags constantly needed updating kids love "stickers" allergies on tags is a PLUS

Cons

cannot see child's entire profile from check in screen - we are too busy to log out and log in as administrator

Roll Call Review

We tried Roll Call on a hunch for our Child Check In needs. Since it was a free trial we were able to work through start up learning and configuring issues. The trial went great, we had to call support a couple of times and they took care of our needs instantly! We have been "live" on the software since early February 2017 and to date no issues! Our Childrens Director couldn't be happier!

Pros

Ease of setup using our own computer people.

Cons

The lack of variety in printer interfaces.

Perfect for our organization!

We love Roll Call Lite! We have many refugee families and volunteers to keep track of for our ministry, and it really is the perfect software for us. It has been so easy to use and the customer service (especially Kim) has been awesome in helping me out with my lack of computer knowledge if I ever do have a question. We needed something simple just to keep track of information and the cost was SO reasonable. I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for help with managing their database.

Roll Call Lite

I can not praise this company and the staff enough. They have always been friendly and very helpful when I call with questions. The software was very user friendly when setting it up for our needs and is very user friendly when entering data.The custom reports and pulling information is normally what I call about and they are able to interact with me and show me what to do. Someone with more computer knowledge would probably not have the questions I do. This program saves a lot of time.

Cons

I would highly recommend this product to anyone inquiring!

I would highly recommend this product to anyone inquiring!

Pros

I appreciate the balance of professional -- but personal -- support when we need it. It makes it easier to manage my tasks because of the program set-up (I don't have to keep 5 different pages on separate issues; I have them combined in Roll Call)

Cons

Would like to customize reports (add/delete information) a LITTLE bit more: fonts, change margins, etc. the queries are a little overwhelming to sort out

Great Product!

We are a new church and was looking for a check in system that we could use for the safety of our children. We are very pleased with this product. It's very easy to use. I know this product does a lot more than what we use it for, but I'm glad it's there if we need it. If your not sure on how to work something, their tutorials are great. Customer service is wonderful. They call and check on you after the purchase of the product. Overall it's a great product.

Impressed

We looked for a long time to find a database/check-in solution for our church. We were drawn to Roll Call because of the option to keep it all on local servers and not store everything online. Ordering, downloading, importing, and set up have been a breeze. Especially with the help from the awesome folks at support. It's even been pretty simple to teach our parents how to check their kids in. Thanks for a great buying experience, great support, and an over all awesome resource for churches.

Roll Call Review

Roll Call works great. I recently started as financial secretary of my church and was looking for an easier way that excel to manage the pledges/contributions/accounts of my church. This does everything I need and the customer support has been wonderful. Step by step instructions are given in an easy-to-understand manner. Helpful reports are available and a click and print receipt for individuals or the whole congregation.

Customer Service - Troubleshooting Server Issues

I reviewed the issues we were having with our server and Roll Call. Dave dialed in to remotely control the troubleshooting. He disabled many applications that were running in the background, thus freeing up a considerable amount of memory, allowing Roll Call to run more efficiently. It is always a pleasure to speak with Dave and Caroline. They are always friendly and eager to help resolve any issue that may arise. Outstanding Customer Service is my opinion!

Office Manager

Create a way to have families together when doing attendance as a society we have more & more blended families. I.e. group parents alphabetic and then children with different last name with the family number. Same as when there is a Jr. or Sr. suffix after someone's name.

Pros

More user friendly than the original version Operates more like Microsoft office Interfaced

Cons

Pictorial directory cannot be emailed or saved to disk for publication Lists and reports cannot be emailed