Roll Call Reviews - Page 5

Excellent Product and Support

I would recommend this product to any church. It is a tool that enables you to be much more efficient. Excellent Product!

Pros

The product is extremely easy to use and the folks at Roll Call were all very helpful. When attempting to install we ran into a few internal networking issues. Their team worked through every step with us to ensure we were up and running properly.

Cons

Nothing yet!

Great product

Have had a great experience using this program. Has done everything we need plus features we have not been able to use yet.

Pros

Once it is set up it is easy to use.

Cons

Limited databases for people.

Church Secretary

I recommend this software to any novice or an experienced administrator. This program along with their outstanding staff is a win win! You will not be disappointed.

Pros

This software is very user friendly! I've used it for six years. We are very satisfied.

Cons

I like it. All that I use of it is good. It's the only one I've ever used. Am very satisfied. Others may or may not compare, I don't know. I'm sold out on by the book RollCall software.

Roll Call for Mac is Great!

Great church management program backed by outstanding customer service team. A high quality program that doesn't break the bank. Buy Roll call and you will love it!

Pros

I have used Roll call Version 9 & now !0 for several months. It is an outstanding church membership program! The program is easy to set up and use with great downloadable documentation. Customer service at By The Book is is superior.

Cons

I haven't found any cons.

Excellent Product

This is an excellent product for large and small churches and is very useful for other ministries.

Pros

We use RollCall to track donations to our ministry in support of our orphanage in India. I love the fact that at the end of the year it is VERY simple to print out the donation reports that we mail to all our donors.

Cons

A lot of the features are designed for larger churches so we don't use all of the features.

Game changing software

As we launched our new church, we spent several months looking for software to manage our church. Roll Call is the perfect solution for all our needs. We love how easy it is to use. and all the functions that free us up to spend more time in Ministry and less time doing administrative work. Roll Call Connect makes managing the church a breeze while on the go. I would recommend Roll Call software to any church

Smooth Transition

I received a phone call to inquire as to how things were going with our new installation of Roll Call. I was able to confirm that things are going well - it's been an easy transition. David is always able to help me solve and learn the ins and outs of the program and considers my suggestions for the next release. The true test will come when we need to do a mass mailout, print and email statements and then Tax Receipts.

Roll Call Review

Since, implementing Roll Call check and mobile check for our children's ministries we have had an improved check in and check out time. The families are not as frustrated with wait times to check in their children. Mobile check in allowed us to check children into VBS quicker and with less hassle. We love using the system and I would recommend this system to any church or organization.

Highly recommended

First, it's a great product, but the tech supports puts it way over the top as far as meeting our needs. The designers ARE the tech support!

Pros

Customer Support Mac and Windows compatible Ability to customize via Tech Support

Cons

The jump is too large (from 500 up to 1000) people. I would like to be able to customize some of the forms/reports, but I can usually export and edit in another program (eg: Excel)

I have worked withe Roll Call for a short time. It was easy to install. Customer Service is good.

I am only tracking contributions presently, but I plan to use other features in the future. There's one feature I had in my old program, which worked great for me, that Roll Call does not have. 1. Being able to copy past contribution history for an individual into the current date. This saves time by not having to input the same information every week. ex. several persons will give $100.00 and allocate it to 8-10 different funds. I would select the period for the $100.00 and copy it to the current date...great time saver. I will be able to comment better after using the program for a while.

Cons

Hi Gloria - That is a great idea. We will look at ways to pull in previous contribution for a donor during the entry process. Thanks for your feedback

Adminitrative Assistant

I would reccommend this program to the most computer illeterate person. I have always had excellent service from Roll call.

Pros

Roll Call has been helpful in keeping up with offering records, Sunday School and worship attendance. It is simple to use.

Cons

It would be nice if the updated version would have information as you scroll over the icons. This would be easier to find what you are looking for.

Philadelphia United Methodist Church - Conyers, GA

From the time I first called and spoke with Kim Conley several months ago, I have found everyone very helpful and knowledgeable about the Roll Call product. You have all been very patient with me while I have been learning the program. My thanks to you all! My free support runs out in a few days but I am certain that you will still be there in your usual form if I should need to call.

RollCall chruch datatbase use

great prodcut and includes overall snapshot of the org's health

Pros

easy for end users combines giving, attendacne, and child checkin into one simple tool. great tech support and office staff

Cons

needs webserver interface thus have to install and update client software slow to print lables for child checkin if on wireless, recomend wired connections for best performance.

Great Product!!! Wouldn't even think of running my programs without it!

I would highly recommend this program to anyone who is in charge of children. It doesn't make sense not to use it.

Pros

I can't believe how many different uses this program has! I use it for every event to keep track of attendance as well as for security purposes.

Cons

Could have a bit easier interface, although having said that, the technical support offered with it is second to none.

Treasurer

Same as pros above

Pros

The times I have sent an e-mail asking for guidance on how to do something, the support has been the best I have ever had (even when I was working and we had our own support staff). The responses are very timely and they have always walked me through what my problem was. Kim actually gets a 10 in my rating!!!!

Cons

No complaints

New to product and field

I found this program on the internet and downloaded the free trial. We purchased it and after watching the tutorials, I found it pretty easy to use. I'm continuing to do the mission recording both on paper and with this program. I'll continue to do that until the end of the year. I can't wait to convert to using just the computer for record keeping.

Cons

I have looked for several years for a program as easy at Roll Call. Great program.

ease of use and teaching others to use.

Pros

I think the ease of the program. It was easy to set up and to use. It is easy to click on names and get the information we need.

Cons

I wish things like baptism dates, membership dates were easier to apply to the prime screen. You have to go through a couple steps that I still have problems with. I hear they were working on this. Staff is great to work with.

Perfect software for our small church! Roll Call was exactly what we needed.

Pros

Easy to use; easy to generate reports and great price! As to customer service, they are amazing. Quick to reply, ready to help, want to accommodate. This software is going to save us a lot of work!

Cons

Nothing we can think of! There have been a few minor questions/issues as we transitioned to this software, but the customer service has been great and these have been resolved.

I am so glad I found this software! It was easy to set up and easy to use!

This program is easy to use and has made my workload so much easier and quicker to complete.

Pros

At this point, I am only using the charitable giving section. It is very easy to use and manage reporting! Of course, Customer Service has been amazing and helped make this a very smooth transition to a new software product! I am so grateful for their support. It is also very cost effective.

Calvary Community Church - Interim Administrator

Once I am able to master the different features offered, it should be a wonderful program to have. It does the basics, and that's all I need for now. I'm glad to have this program to track the church's tithes and offerings.

Pros

This program offers a lot. I am still teaching myself the different features included in the program. Learning from trial and error.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Great Product Great Service

We absolutely love the Roll Call program. It is perfect for our church's needs. It is very user friendly. As well, we are highly satisfied with the customer service that By The Book provides, specifically the technical help. Caroline and Josh have been so valuable to our church and have been there for us every time we have needed them without fail.

A Great Program

I would recommend this product, we have found it very effective for our ministry.

Pros

AWESOME customer service. They quickly take your calls or call you back. They will remote in (if that's what you choose) to help you move files or look into any issues.

Cons

Sometimes when the server reboots, we have to go manually turn on RollCall Server.

Great program - Great Company to work with. 2 Thumbs up.

Great program - Great Company to work with. 2 Thumbs up.

Pros

With the constant upadates they are making it is easier and easier to use. I love that you can request something and another church has also and they do it. Thanks Kim and Dave

Cons

Don't like that you can't control CTRL EP and paste - but haven't requested that so maybe in the future.

This software has been easy to learn and works well for what we are using it for.

We use it for check in at our Sorority meetings. It allows us to quickly check in members and verify their identity. This software has allowed us to streamline our check-in process and increase efficiency and accuracy during check in

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, once trained. Multiple functions is another great quality about this software. It can be as sophisticated or simplistic as you need it to be. The software capabilities can grow with your needs.

Cons

It is not very intuitive. Once you are shown, something, it is fairly easy to pick up. However, without training, it is not as intuitive to perform some of the functions. The videos were not particularly helpful for me, since they didn't cover some of the functions that I wanted to perform.

Good Product

Would recommend to other churches

Pros

For day-to-day use, very good

Cons

Can't delete an individual who has contributions on file; would like to be able to delete a single person's contributions Queries are not very user friendly Fonts don't match on personal donation receipts (report itself & customized paragraph)