Salsa CRM Reviews

4.19/5 (209 reviews)

Ricci Levy

SALSA is THE best!

Reviewed 2018-11-16

I’ve been with SALSA now for several years. In the beginning I kept trying to make it Network for Good - which I left because they were so non-responsive, but they do have good interfaces and options, and their donation processing is a breeze. But the reality is, that I left NFG because I couldn’t get what I wanted. From my first day with SALSA, though, the team behind the product stood out and they jumped through hoops and turned somersaults to make me happy and get me the training I needed. I even got a call from the President of the company to talk about what I was experiencing and to make sure I was getting what I needed. I can’t imagine any other company with a “the customer comes first” culture that reaches all the way to the top. No matter what I come up with that I want to do, I find that there’s a way to do it in SALSA (except around the donations!). I would recommend this product to anyone and everyone without reservations!Since 2003 we have purchased, leased, been granted and explored too many databases to count. Until we finally found our home with SALSA. The team is constantly upgrading and adding features, the customer support is absolutely unparalleled, and their dedication to the end-user is obvious in the features they have and those that they've added over the years we've been with them. Every software CRM has issues. One of the things that sets SALSA apart from all of the others is their customer service team. They go the extra mile and then they just keep going even further to work with you, fix any issue you're having, suggest new features to the development team based on your needs....they are just the absolute best.

Sarah Magill

Salsa gets it done, but only if you have the staff to make it work

Reviewed 2016-11-23
Review Source: Software Advice

My team used Salsa for a 1-year campaign to raise money to build a home in Nepal for trafficking victims. We successfully raised $467,000 in 10 months! Hands down, we COULD NOT have done it without Salsa. Because it had everything in one (emails, analytics, segmenting, Peer 2 Peer campaigns, donation pages, event pages, and much more) it was much easier to keep track of everything we needed to keep track of.*I didn't realize it at the time, but I really like how easily I could create queries/segments of donors. It has a "If/Then" approach with clicks of a button that is a lot easier than another CRM I use (eTapestry by Blackbaud). *Their email system worked well for our purposes. We had templates that we used throughout the campaign that looked good and were easy to fill in our information. It sent the emails we told it to send without a problem. *The event feature was helpful. We had lots of people sign up on the events page that was relatively easy to create. *I definitely like like analytics features. (This is probably my favorite feature.) It is really nice to see who opened emails, click rates, donation totals/types, etc... It is especially neat that we could send emails to people based on what emails they have opened or clicked on. *Branded donation pages was a must have for us and we got that so it's a big plus with Salsa.

Alyssa Doty

Easy to use, quick and reliable reports, constantly adding elements to make the experience better.

Reviewed 2017-06-13

Tracking donors easily, easily sending out communication.What I like most about Salsa Labs is the ease of use. Although as the administrator I am in the database daily, everyone on my team can easily find what they need and update donor profiles, and find out information about donors. The robust queries is also huge for me. The fact that I can easily segment out multiple layers of donors makes my job much easier. So far there has not been an output that I am looking for that I can not get through Salsa queries. The integrated emails and unlimited donation pages are also wonderful and have reduced the number of platforms we have to use.

Derek Belisle

Salsa is the best software for the money

Reviewed 2017-11-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Ilona and Andrew on were great at walking us through the process. It is always cumbersome when starting a new CRM solution, but between them and Joe, our onboarding specialist, the people at Salsa were great. We're still getting use to all the available tools, but have found great benefit in everything so far!Lots of tools (Email, Events, P2P, Social Media, etc.) Great options for communicating to donors and receiving donations. A lot of customization for marketing and accounting.

Kara Mostowy

Salsa CRM is my system of choice

Reviewed 2016-06-08
Review Source: Software Advice

I've been in development for 20+ years and used a variety of systems, and Salsa CRM is the only product that consistently meets my needs and gets the job done. The product is intuitive, easy to learn and their support is top-notch. Many webinar and trainings offered, although it is so easy to use I don't need to tap those options much.

Elizabeth tamburri

i have grown from a salsa no nothing to semi master because of quality salsa support

Reviewed 2017-11-02
Review Source: Software Advice

great folks work there and are available to youthe huge body of information that can be stored; the tech help that is available with a simple phone call

Erin Engel

Great product and excellent support team

Reviewed 2016-09-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Salsa CRM is user friendly and easy to learn. After using similar products this one is the best I have seen and so is their support team! The team goes above and beyond when training and that great service even extends even after training is complete. I always recognize familiar names and voices when I call/email with questions. The also offer online help and training videos so you can stay up-to-date on new functions that may benefit your organization. Salsa CRM offers a fantastic product and the support to meet your needs. They communicate with their customers well and are always updating information for the customers and asking for feedback to make the experience better.

kalyn hoffman

great customer service!

Reviewed 2018-02-07
Review Source: Software Advice

We are managing our database and fundraising. It has been amazing to streamline the two! We used to use several platforms for all of our needs and we found that it was nearly impossible to maintain accurate records that way, the inconsistency was inevitable. Salsa has really helped us solve that issue by creating a system (with a reasonable price tag) that talks to one another. For example, a ticket sale online will go directly into a record!The diverse features available and they are always updating to stay current with trends! I am grateful for the constant updates and the variety of options available.

Amanda Susko

Fantastic customer service for a beneficial product

Reviewed 2017-11-02
Review Source: Software Advice

*Helpful and responsive customer service - Clay is wonderful! *Reporting provides fantastic and detailed snapshot

Donna Gregory

Great customer service, but conversion is a time-consuming pain.

Reviewed 2017-07-10

At this time, we haven't been using Salsa CRM long enough to record any marked benefit. We're still in the problem-solving phase of post-conversion. As the Development Director, I did receive an immense benefit from sifting through the 2.5 million data fields from our conversion templates, however. I now have intimate knowledge of our constituents and our data that I didn't have before. It's given me a better view of our donor base which has allowed for the placement of fundraising strategies. If CRM and Engage would ever interphase properly, Salsa could probably make my life a lot easier. But right now, it makes it more difficult.Customer service is awesome. I appreciate that I can call and get help instead of wading through hours of online instruction videos. Everyone I've encountered has been helpful and knowledgeable. I appreciate the ability to categorize constituents into groups. It's proven very helpful on directing messaging to appropriate constituents.

Ken Hook

Importing data went very smoothly with the help of Salsa Lab personnel. Not a single glitch.

Reviewed 2017-12-12

Accuracy of information. Able to research donors to determine how often they give, amount of gift, etc. Most important support from Salsa staff.Salsa is much better than our previous experience with another vendor who will remain un-named. Generating reports is easy and the database is easy to work with. Most important to us is the support provided by Salsa. I am able to reach them during business hours and they spend the time needed to solve any issues. They are clearly customer oriented. Many others I researched charged extra for this level of service. With Salsa it is included.

Beth Comeau

Great product, could use a few tweaks

Reviewed 2017-04-14

I really like Salsa Engage and how easy it is to use. There are some functionalities that could be improved, and hopefully will be improved as they continue to roll out new product features. Our members find it easier to use that our last system, and with each update, Salsa is offering some cool new features that we will begin to use. There are some things (like event registrations) that don't work as well as we would like them to (you can't delete people who cancel attendance at a free event, and there is no way to pull all the info for registrants and guests in just one list), but hopefully those will be fixed soon. I find the customer service people very responsive, but it isn't always a quick fix for our issues. We have used this product for about seven months and so far are pleased with how it is working for us.easy to use, great advocacy tool, great statistics/reports, easy to share on social media

Jodie Tabano

Salsa CRM Experience

Reviewed 2017-04-14

I have been using Salsa (formerly DonorPro) for about 2 years. The system is easy to use and allows us to segment donors, easily pull reports and capture essential information to complete donor profiles. We also use the Event Management module - while a little cumbersome at first, this module allows us to extract the data in a more efficient manner when soliciting and prospecting for future events.Ease of use. You can select the modules you wish to use - we don't need them all. I like the fact that Constant Contact is connected - less data entry errors when capturing info. Support services are good.

Justin Hubbard

It just doesn't work as it is advertised

Reviewed 2017-03-04

We have been a Donor Pro client for years and were excited about the merger and possibilities with Salsa. However, we felt a bit neglected as a previous client, slipping through the cracks of the transition and experiencing a number of problems because of this. The overall functionality of the product has been cumbersome, making it feel like they launched the merger before ironing out really important issues. Customer service is generally good with very kind people. At first, the response time was great 1-2 days, however, we now end up facing at times 3-4 weeks on some tickets. But, I got tired of calling for an update on an issue, having the person try to fix it on the phone even though they land in the same place as the previous person...I can't figure this out, I need to send it to the developers or update the ticket. In general, I just spent way too much time trying to find answers, solutions, and we are a small organization that cannot afford it. They have updated their website in a way that gets you really excited about the product. It looks great and probably is for a new organization just starting out! But, it just hasn't been a great experience for us. Functionality was up and down. And, as an organization in transition, both with software tools and looking to grow and expand, we thought this would be a helpful tool. It hasn't met our expectations yet, and holding our breath a bit longer to see if things improve. The integration is nice when it is working to its full capacity.

Jacquline Abel

We do not hesitate to recommend this software to anyone!

Reviewed 2009-03-26

We do not hesitate to recommend this software to anyone! After comparing it to some of the other software programs available we have learned two very important things. 1) It incorporates so many things that you would otherwise have to purchase multiple software programs to accomplish what Donor Pro does with just one. The result of this is a very significant savings which means everything to a non-profit. 2) No company has yet compared to their customer service team. They are always ready to hear customer feedback on what they can do to improve their software to better accomodate their customers, and they not only listen, but they actually follow through and incorporate those suggestions. We cannot say enough positive things about Donor Pro. We are able to operate almost our entire office off of this software, and use it to accomadate the employees that work from home. It can easily be adapted to fit so many of our non-profits needs. We would be lost without it. The best thing about the company, by far, is their customer service. They always exceed our expectations. Our Director of Development has used several donor management software programs in her previous positions, and stated on many occasions none of them compared to all the features that donor pro offers. She is constantly amazed when she learns about a new feature and the ease of use. One of the things that highly impresses me is how easily you can make a request for an enhancement, and then how quickly you see it incorporated into a future upgrade.

Robin Wood-Mason

Salsa CRM is THE tool for success

Reviewed 2017-03-10

Salsa CRM has been one of the easiest transitions to a new tool that I've ever experienced. From the very beginning, we were supported and guided through preparing our data for the conversion, connected with staff to train us on how to make the most of the features. After we implemented the tool, the wide variety of support and training materials has made getting the answer to any question incredibly easy. Salsa CRM gives you all the functionality of an expensive system at an affordable rate. This is the third organization I've worked for using Salsa and the second that I've led the transition from a different system.It is easy to use and intuitive. The ability to create processes for cultivation and other engagement activities is invaluable and makes managing a growing team of fundraisers far easier.

Ellen Simmonds

I love Salsa

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Inputting data. Earmarking donations. Following metrics. Pulling reports. Sending out timely thank you notes. Sending out monthly newsletters. And I am probably using a small percent of Salsa's capabilities.The ease at which you can store and retrieve data. I love the reports! I love the help desk - they will answer any question and stay with you until the issue is solved. I particularly enjoy working with the executive - he is very knowledgeable plus he recognizes my voice which is a nice personal touch.

Shauna Soom

Great experience, Salsa gave us the tools we needed to manage our donors.

Reviewed 2018-06-08

With Salsa we were able to compile the information that lived on spreadsheets into one database that is very functional. The ability to look at the history of our donors and to pull reports has enabled us to make better decisions. We were able to implement a major gifts program after purchasing the software.

Lynn Stys

Admin/Development Assistant

Reviewed 2017-11-06
Review Source: Software Advice

It is user-friendly. It is very intuitive which makes navigating easier. Most questions can be answered by using the online help, but if a phone call is necessary the staff is very accommodating.

Michele Greatti Mehal

Easy to Use

Reviewed 2016-11-18

We are a local chapter of a national nonprofit organization, and manage roughly 50,000 records. I use it daily with little to no issues, enter and acknowledging donations and keeping details records of constituents. My favorite part is the ProPortal where you can get resources such as software upgrades and video tutorials.Easy to use. Tons of online resources. Open to user input.

Anonymous

Happy Customer

Reviewed 2017-06-06

This is the best CRM software I've ever used. Easy to pull reports, do batching, and get information. Is a great tool for gathering information about your donors.Very easy to use as compared with other CRMs that I've tried. Friendly customer service. Very happy to have cloud based option to check when I'm out of the office.

Karen Stoila

Very Satisfied Donor Pro Users!

Reviewed 2016-06-08
Review Source: Software Advice

The tech support and service is exceptional. Every question receives a quick and thorough response. The functionality is very good for what we need. The cost is very reasonable and we are able to afford additional modules.

jerry cozewith

Unvarnsihed Endorsement of Salsa Labs and Donor Pro CRM

Reviewed 2017-10-30
Review Source: Software Advice

it is comprehensive.....and for limited users like me who panic when our highly competend data base and digital manager is out the help desk has the patience of a saint or godees to help me get unstuck in any transaction it is the service and help that follows the sale that makes or breaks a great product great service great team....Salsa Labs has written THE book on getting support right

Margaret Anderson

Some pro's but very difficult & terrible at Events

Reviewed 2017-03-16
Review Source: Software Advice

There are some great features about this product, but it is a very difficult system learn and manage and the Event platform isn't fully integrated between DonorPro and Salsa (these 2 companies merged), making it VERY difficult.Customer Service is great. Being able to call in and get a live person when I have a question is awesome. I also like the Salsa Engage platform for email blasts, posting on social media, and creating fundraising campaigns.

Ben Berry

Great online fundraising platform

Reviewed 2017-04-13
Review Source: Software Advice

We moved from simply accepting paypal payments 4 years ago to Givezooks. Salsa's acquisition and implementation of givezooks into their CRM gives us exactly what we need for our small 501 without paying for a lot we don't.How easy it is to create annual campaign and new grassroots fundraising pages.