SchoolAuction.net Reviews

SchoolAuction.net

Web-based software for volunteer-driven fundraising auctions

SchoolAuction.net

Best Auction Software out there!

I have used schoolauction.net for the past two years, and love them! Each year I search the competitors out there, and check with all my PTO friends at other schools and we come to the same conclusion each time: I cannot beat the price and services of schoolauction.net! I love the customer service, and I love that they have roots in building their business from the ground up as parent volunteers just like us, who filled a need based on their own demand! I cannot say enough to recommend this company! Feel free to contact me anytime for more details about use of their site!

Pros

Easy of use, the look of it, and the fixed price. I also love how easy it is to build each year after the first year since you can clone the site and start a fresh one with information already in there from past years!

Cons

Perfectly easy, user-friendly auction software!

Pros

Easy to use, little to no complaints from our users. We can make the pages look the way we want, to fit our brand. Very customizable. Love the pre-event check-in and post even check out! Fundraising success!

Cons

We have found it a bit hard to make the online auction part look the way we want it to, but we still love it for live auction and fund-a-need!

Great first-time experience

We settled on schoolauction.net only a few weeks before a huge event. Thank goodness it was simple enough that we were able to get it up and running and test the software with days to spare. Between the super-responsive support staff (thank you, a thousand times) and the excellent documentation and how-tos, I never felt lost at sea, which means quite a lot considering it was my first time with the...

Cons

Struggling equals Stress. Efficiency equals Elation.

Struggling equals Stress. Then, we started using schoolauction.net. 1st event, YES! an all-in-one database. Definitely a learning curve, but the positive results far outweighed the negative. Assistance/help from Roger Devine and his crew is always just an e-mail or phone call away; and response time is almost immediate. We perform all of our annual fundraiser functions through web based...

Cons

SchoolAuction.net is easy to use for volunteers and our bidders! Happy we made the switch.

Our volunteers were happier with this product because it is easy to use, and we are happy because it is also easier to use for our bidders so we raise more money.

Pros

Our favorite parts are easy to use, great website, excellent customer service, capacity for online bidding and check-in/check-out, and the company listens to its users and makes changes every year to improve the system.

User Friendly for First-Timers

Pros

Check-in and check-out process was clean and easy to train volunteers on. Worked both on computers and iPads providing options for our team.

Cons

There are times where the system isn't intuitive and finding the needed route of action was a bit buried.

Thanks, Evangeline! We appreciate the feedback!

Would not even attempt our auction without this software!

Our Athletic teams hold an annual auction consisting of hundreds of donations from $10 to $5,000. We utilize a live auctioneer, silent auctions, door-prize-style games, carnival-type games and just stuff for sale. Hundreds of items are coming in from 20 different teams and the cash from these auctions must be accurately tracked and applied to each team. During and especially at the end of the night,...

Cons

Our experience with Tofino was great!

Ease of fundraising at our gala.

Pros

We really liked using this software because it gave us some really interesting reports. the reports were easy to pull and we were able to glean information from them for following events.

Cons

Tofino does not communicate with our nonprofit's database, so we have to import all of the data ourselves.

Great Auction Software!

SchoolAuction.net has made our gala run smoothly the last two years - check in and out are seamless and allow our guests to spend minimal time in lines and more time having fun at our event! The online auction capabilities and reporting functions are great and very useful and effective. We're excited to continue using this software and the new updates they have added this year!

Pros

Registration, check in and out, comprehensive auction input information, mobile usability, reports, multiple user profiles and levels of accessibility.

Cons

It's not as efficient as I would like it to be - it takes more time than I would like to enter and submit registration information (screen processing time, and to my knowledge it only allows you to make changes to one registration at a time versus a whole table of attendees).

We have used School Auction software for our golf outing and fundraising event/silent auction.

It helps us to have one place to send all people involved with our event (sponsors, donors, volunteers, attendees) and one place for all the money to be processed as well. The reporting is very helpful to plan for the event and reconcile everything when the event is over.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the ability to train volunteers and other board members on the software, and the ability for attendees to use the system to purchase tickets and bid on the online auction items. Sponsors and donors can also use the system to let us know what they are donating and I get notifications for all transactions. Anytime I need help I can ask a question via email and I have always gotten the help I need in a timely fashion. Plus they have lots of videos to watch so often I don't even need to contact them with my questions.

Thankful for this product

Overall this was a wonderful experieince

Pros

My entire team loved how easy this product was to use overall. From setting it up, to adding items into the catalog, choosing a card processor, and day of using this product is amazing.

Cons

1. The inability to use our current card processor (paypal) 2. Having to do 2 separate steps when creating items in the catalog once to build the donor and then again to build the item. 3. The inability to group text everyone at once

Thanks, Jessica! Just between us? Group texting makes its debut this fall. Also, make sure you reach out for help on migrating information from one event to the next - that's when the two-step donation-entry process finally starts making sense to most of our customers.

SchoolAuction.Net is THE Choice for Your School

Over the past four years, I've used SchoolAuction.Net at fundraisers for five different public schools. These events have ranged from elementary to high school and from a $30,000 event to an $85,000 event. I've found the program very easy to use and quite comprehensive in what it has to offer. When I have had questions, their customer service has been fast and professional. A nice help desk employee...

Outstanding and Helpful

We are a small non-profit school that has an annual auction each year. I highly recommend using SchoolAuction.Net to help organized auction items- it actually organizes your whole event.

Pros

The program is all inclusive and hassle free. Any items you enter are put into different lists that you may need to access to make your event a success. You can print already made labels, big sheets, and signs. It keeps donors and procurement organized and easy to use year after year. You can also add different people to make them administrators so that each person involved will be working on a live document.

Cons

we have used School Auction for a couple of years and our group is very pleased.

Pros

Very easy for a volunteer to just sit down and after 1 customer, know how to use the software for check in and check out.

Cons

We only use the program for an auction. The program is not quite right right for our other fundraisers, but the price is still worth the cost of the program.

Perfect Software for our fundraising needs

Our school has used the schoolauction.net software for multiple events over the last few years and love its flexibility. I organize an annual art show that runs a large checkout room over 2 days. We have over 1,500 customers buying from our one of the 150 artists that are selling and SchoolAuction.net does a great job of not only tracking the sales, but has great reports that we can check out what...

Cons

Auction went well, had some issues with duplicate user accounts and check vs. cash check outs.

Ability for bidders to register online, checkout themselves and to receive ongoing outbid notifications during our event. The payment/check out piece was very simple.

Pros

Easy to use. The training videos were very good and easy to understand. The initial data entry (bidders, donors, auction items) was comprehensive.

Cons

Download registrants from prior year also registered for this year's event; apparently it allowed it even though an account already existed. If a payment originally was selected as cash but was really a check, not easy to change during check out.

Awesome Auction Software

We went from a dated off-line software package to SchoolAuction.net. Transition could not have been easier. The software interface is very clean and easy to navigate. Instead of passing excel files around to people and then entering data into our old software, everyone could do their part online from home. Training staff on software was extremely easy. The site also has very good documentation...

Pros

Interface of Website, Documentation, Check-In, Check-Out, Mobile Check-Out

Don't Put On An Auction Without It

We hold an auction every fall for approximately 175 people and I wouldn't dream of taking this task on without SchoolAuction.net. The software is very user-friendly and intuitive, allowing us to train new volunteers with ease every year. The admin tools streamline all our processes and keep us organized and I can't speak highly enough of the customer support. The SchoolAuction.net customer service...

Hands-down, the best!

We used several versions of this product as well as another (Bidding for good) for our once a year online auction and this version of schoolauction is, by far, the best. the interface is intuitive, the check-in and out process is quick and easy and i really like the additional features (self check-in and out, for example) that came on-line in time for our current event. The cart functionality is easy-breezy...

Cons

So easy it was hard to get used to

If you're doing this all manually, or if you're tired of worrying about the cost of different services or percentages--I highly recommend School Auction. I was so nervous auction night. I knew all the software was great, but I had never actually run an event on it. By the end of the night, I was just sitting back and watching it happen. No more running around and hand adding numbers. People checked in, placed their bids, we recorded, they paid. Wow. Pay the fee. Follow their training. Watch it work!

Pros

*Simplified our once all-manual labor auction process (data entry, registration, check-out, etc.) *Flat rate. No percentages taken from our profits. *Outstanding customer support.

Cons

I wouldn't consider this necessarily a negative, but it is important to remember that: you do not have someone coming to your auction to run it. You do need to do the training and learn the software.

User-Friendly Website Allows for Smoothly Run Event

I started my planning having no auction experience, other than attending the one our school did last year. As one of the chairs of this year's event, I was naive to all that goes into putting on the show. This website provided valuable timelines, to-do lists, and simple, straight-forward instructions (that made complete sense) which guided my step-by-step to the finish line. The video tutorials...

Cons

We had a wonderful overall experience! Thank you so much!

Pros

The ability to let people store their credit cards for use at the event was what I liked most about this software.

Cons

The reports. They aren't really formatted for the tyoe of event we put on, which was not an auction. I would have liked to have a way to easily see how many of each item was sold and how it was paid for at the same time. As it was, I was able to figure out ways to get the info I needed, but it was more time consuming. I understand that you can't please everyone, though, and was very happy with the overall experience.

SchoolAuction.net is a life-saver!

Pros

SchoolAuction.net is a life-saver! I can now effectively organize fundraisers without hassle!

Cons

I have no complaints! It's practically glitch-free!

School Auction - Fundraising

This software has made it super easy to handle the task of running an auction for fund raising, although we only used it once and will most likely not use again until next year I feel it's still advantageous to have the program.

Pros

What I enjoyed most about this software was the ease of use and how much it helped us organize a school auction to raise money for our PTA. It was so simple to load data into, a real time saver!

Cons

What I did not enjoy was trying to figure out the "raffle" feature. Auction feature was much, much easier to navigate.

SchoolAuction.net has helped Huff Elementary increase our fundraising efforts

SchoolAuction.net has allowed us to increase our fundraising and awareness by allowing us to streamline our auction catalog, registration and bidding. We highly recommend SchoolAuction.net for other school auctions.