Servant Keeper Logo
Servant Keeper

Complete church management software, on cloud or on premise.

visit website

Servant Keeper Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.95/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

The ease of it functionality and available help when questions needed to be answered simply support service is excellent plus there is so much more services available across the board for our church.
Having the ability to equip others to utilize the SK tools definitely supports stronger relationships which in turn supports less money for staffing due to the time saved through equipping others.
Easy to use, good technical help, price is great, easy to learn. Not too long of a wait time to get help.
My only other complaint is the lack of customization on the main, first page.
There arent a ton of feature that can be done with this software. Reporting is limited, and there's no workflows, automated reporting, member portal, attendance module, etc.

Servant Keeper

It is a place to keep track of people in our congregation mostly. I love that I can look up birthdays, anniversaries and print a report with the touch of a button or two.

Pros

Servant Keeper is a very user friendly data base for churches that has a hub for finances as well. I can keep track of attendance, giving, and personal information all in one place. It will print reports, envelopes and directories with ease.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to figure out reporting and merging with other things like word, envelopes, etc.

BW

Bob W.

Used other for 2+ years

I cant see why reviewers are happy with paying $300 for help desk support

The program itself has been useful but reasonable cost customer support is lacking.

Pros

We were forced into the implementation of this suite of church mgt software after using a simplified program for managing contributions and donations. I personally like the overall way the program performs. The ease of use of initial setup and the week to week use is fairly simple. And the reporting is very useful. However, when you do have an issue and contact the help desk, that is where the compliments...

Cons

Easy to understand guide book that has a useable index and a help file within the program that actually works instead of defaulting to a coding editor.

JS

Joe S.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Avoid at all cost

Our ministry was using SK for some time before I was brought on as the Executive Pastor. After evaluating the system, I noticed our ministry was only using a very small portion of the program because the features were not user friendly. We also were wanting to do mobile check in for your children’s ministry by using iPads and wireless printers. SK is not mobile friendly. They are such an out of date...

Pros

Nothing. It’s not user friendly. It’s not mobile friendly, meaning you can not use iPads or mobile devices to check in your children for children’s ministry. When you attempt to leave SK’s services, you have to buy back your own data and they drag their feet in releasing it to you.

Cons

I noticed the features were not user friendly. We also were wanting to do mobile check in for your children’s ministry by using iPads and wireless printers. SK is not mobile friendly. We had the newest version, SK8 at the time of this review, And it is such an out dated and unfriendly user system that it’s not worth investing in.

VW

Vicki W.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

SK 8 is by far the best database for churches of the many I've used.

The ability to track information about our members, attendees, and visitors. Reports that help us track a myriad of things about our congregation so we can better serve them, each other, our community, and our finances along with protecting our children with accurate and detailed background checks. The online directory helps our people to connect with each other easily, update information at their...

Pros

It is user-friendly, customizable, and readily accessible from any computer. The cloud based version of SK8 has features like the Greet and Attend for taking attendance at any event and the information goes into the database. It has an online directory that can be accessed by the church and members can update their profile changes themselves. The online directory will upload any JPEG picture such...

Cons

Only that it isn't free. I can't really think of any other reason. I know free isn't possible so, like Mary Poppins, it's "practically perfect."

Wow Vicki thank you for your many kind words and for taking the time to post this extensive review! It's a joy and honor to serve Compass Bible Church! - the Servant Keeper Team

LE

Liz E.

Servant Keeper 8 is an amazing tool for ministry! It helps you to keep up with your church family.

Pros

I like the groups keeper the most! I like being able to create a group of the particular members I need to reach for our newsletter, prayer chain, small groups, worship, etc. I can create a group of members and run an array of member and contribution reports for use by the church staff, volunteers, committee and session members. We are now on the Cloud, which allows us to use the Mobile Ministry...

Cons

Thanks Liz, it's a joy to serve your ministry and we're so glad you are getting so much out of the system! The integrations you mention are pretty awesome and definitely work checking out. Mailchimp is a great tool for an automated visitor follow-up campaign and Vanco has the best online giving platform for churches! Thanks for using Servant Keeper!

Keep your people together

Since implementing this software and assigning a dedicated person to record-keeping, our member lists have never been cleaner and checking on member data has been a snap. (Prior to this, we operated out of 3 different spreadsheets of conflicting information, it was a nightmare!)

Pros

A robust, customizable, and flexible database for keeping track of ministry. While it requires effort to ensure that data is entered consistently and accurately, the back-end benefits of reporting and communicating with members cannot be topped. Run any kind of member lists quickly, generate a directory with a few clicks, and prepare end-of-year offering statements in minutes. See member history at a glance and create a sustainable information set that can be passed on to whomever else might come after and work the ministry.

Cons

The interface still feels a little late-90s and occasionally it's difficult to figure out how to do exactly what you're looking to do.

Bill L.

Nanotechnology,

Provides giving tracking and on-line giving portal. Both work seamlessly together.

Easy to use and provides up to date online giving options

Pros

Easy to use and the online giving option has opened up more giving opportunities for members and integrates into statements

Cons

Would like to see an accounting package integrated with the software. Right now we have to manually add to a third party software.

Hi Bill, it's so nice of you to leave a complimentary review. I do want to acknowledge your request regarding accounting. Right now we offer direct integration with Quickbooks. So when you post your account totals go directly into your quickbooks company file. We have found that for most of our customers, this integration serves them best as their accountant uses Quickbooks. This also lets us focus on the member/donor tracking, which is what we do best. We really appreciate your feedback and kind words! Thanks for using Servant Keeper! - the Servant Keeper Team

Banking, 11-50 employees

I am a church deacon and we use Servant Keeper - I love it!

This software helps us track all our membership and offerings. It integrates making it easy to use and track - especially for end of the year tax purposes.

Pros

I love how servant keeper has everything about the congregation and finances integrated. The membership module is nice, and I absolutely love the idea of having it all available on the cloud - however we haven't yet migrated.

Cons

Cons for us are that we're on an old desktop version. I wish we had upgraded to Servant Keeper's app. It would be nice is Servant Keeper could somehow make it even easier to migrate because I think some of the less-tech inclined people have a hard time seeing the benefit to make the transfer.

Thank you for your review and for using Servant Keeper! We want to let you know that we will migrate your data for you, and all cloud users are offered free one-on-one coaching. Give us a shout when you get a chance! - the Servant Keeper Team

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Servant Keeper Makes Organizing Churches Easy

Overall, we really enjoy using the software and we like how it keeps everyone "in the know" and connected.

Pros

This software makes it really easy to find contact information for people in our congregation so that we can reach out to them. We've used it in all sorts of contexts, from contacting people who needed assistance to double checking a volunteer list.

Cons

It took a little bit of getting used to when it comes to using the app version of it, but once you get the hang of it, you're good to go.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Easy to use software!

Pros

Servant Keeper is so easy to use. I love it! Functionality for member management and organization is very comprehensive.

Cons

Nothing to report. There are some quips I have about formatting and customizability, but that is a matter of personal preference.

Thanks for using Servant Keeper and for recommending us to other ministries!

SH

Susan H.

We recently upgraded to SK 8 with our database on the Cloud. Technical Support was awesome!

Pros

We have used the SK Contributions module for many years and it has worked extremely well. I especially like, that if we make the occasional data entry error, it is a straightforward process to make corrections. Three of our volunteers attended a SK training session last spring and we were impressed with the membership module. We could immediately see how we could use membership features to support...

Cons

There is so much functionality it is easy to "use it or lose it". This says more about us than the software!

Hi Susan, thank you so much for your kind words and your thorough 5-star review! It's a joy and privilege to serve your ministry! - the Servant Keeper Team

GB

Gwen B.

Servant Keeper Service Review

We love that our minister/users can log on from their phones and bring up members for visits or calls. I like the ease of adding members. I like the incredible help I get because I can talk to a person and not go thru several menus to get there. Our bookkeeper has found contributions to be easy to use and help calls very effective in problem solving

Pros

User-friendly with the ability to actually talk to a customer service rep who will help with any problem. Today, reps, actually logged into my account and ran an update and made sure I could access Servant Keeper through an icon on my screen. It must have taken only 10 minutes for her to complete the help.

Cons

I'm still struggling with the bulk mail ability. I can create the group, but the barcoded labels don't appear correctly, i.e, they overwrite between the first 5 and the last 4. They should be different each time they are run based on a product called Cassit, that Servant Keeper doesn't use to verify for each time the bar codes are attached to the label list. Also there are authorization reports the post office requires for their automated.

FG

Felicia G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Happy with SK for our church

My church just signed up for SK8, Cloud, SK moble, and working on SK giving. The experience has been great with the classes online, the help desk. All have answered all questions and concerns as needed.

Pros

The Administration icon is very important for my use to have control and make sure no one else is able to make changes or if someone else is able to access and make changes I can see who and when. I use the Contribution Manager on a daily basis for Sunday, Bible Study, and any special projects the church has going on. And the Member Profile and great for having all information in each persons profile for contacting birthdays, one person may be a Accountant and someone needs their taxes done, etc. And the help desk is great in explaining my needs.

Cons

So far there is nothing least about this software.

AL

Andre L.

SK7 Upgrade - be careful!

We have used SK6 for a number of years at our church and have been very satisfied with it. My wife is treasurer at our church and at another church where she has been frustrated by their existing, 'clunky' system. Based on her experience with SK6 at our church, she persuaded them to buy SK7. One of the most useful features for entering contributions in SK6 was the ability to scan checks which prefilled...

Cons

Andre, First, thank you for using Servant Keeper and for recommending it to others. I'm glad it has served you so well! We have indeed brought back desktop check scanning for V7. The decision was made based on emerging technology that replaced the basic scanners. One correction is that the TransModus feature you mention is billed a few cents per check, not several hundred dollars per month....

SG

Suzan G.

An overall review

The help desk staff has assisted me each time I've experienced most questions or problems. One thing I would suggest, when you offer training is to offer a discount for those who have purchased the help desk, cloud... Or at least offer it for the first year of purchasing a software upgrade.

Pros

Overall, the software is easy to work with, but it does help to have membership to the help desk for assistance.

Cons

Although I have called to request assistance. One of the continual problems I experience while using the contribution manager has not been resolved. So each time I use it, I have the same problem.

VW

Vicki W.

Great program!

I used several different programs before I found Servant Keeper and none of them were as easy to use and contained the information the church needed like this one. Servant Keeper also allows me to customize it to fit my needs. The company is very good at taking suggestions for improvement and I often find the changes in new upgrades. The staff is wonderful to work with and readily solves problems. I recommend this program to every church secretary I meet. There is nothing else on the market that provides the needed information for my church. The price is fair and I highly recommend having their help desk contract. It is worth it.

Pros

Ease of use, adaptability for my needs, the reports available, ease of emailing contribution statements, tracking information, great customer service and help desk, and more.

Cons

Not compatible with PayPal for online giving but that is a very minor thing.

DB

Diana B.

Easy and Effective

Customized mailings to members are a breeze now. Ability to email contribution statements when requested is saving us a lot of postage expense. Updating email databases with third party providers is easy. Can't wait to introduce online member directory to our congregation, which will allow them to view their contribution statements at any time.

Pros

Easily transitioned from paper-based member records to a cloud-based system. Automatically backs up data.

Cons

The very flexibility of the software can also make it a bit tricky to navigate when conducting out-of-the-ordinary or non-standard reporting and analyses. However, I've found the HelpDesk to be unfailingly helpful each time I've needed them.

LK

Lara K.

I use Servant Keeper 7 on a weekly basis or more

Pros

I do use a later version (7) but am considering upgrading to 8. I like the ease of printing all types of reports, and the end of year info for tax purposes.

Cons

A very awkward and dated "Help" section--hopefully solved in version 8. ALso having to re-enter your ID and password to switch between Admin, Contribution and Membership manger during the same session is a bit annoying.

Hi Lara, thanks for recommending Servant Keeper. :) Just want to let you know that we have revamped the online help center for V8. I also want to make sure you know that you do not have to log out and log back in to go to different parts of the program. Just cllck "switch to" on the bottom right of your screen and you can jump to whatever part of the program for which your user ID has security access. Thank you for using Servant Keeper! - the Servant Keeper Team

JS

Judy S.

Customer Service Counts!

Excellent.

Pros

Technical Support is everything. If you cannot back up a great product with great technical support, then users are in the dark, left scrambling for answers, which cuts productivity. I also appreciate the cheerful IT staff and their willingness to help. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], the technician was able to anticipate my questions even before I asked. He never became frustrated with my level of understanding or computer skills.

Cons

There are training sessions offered to enhance understanding of Servant Keeper Programs. I am new to my position and appreciate the ease in learning and additional instruction provided.

KT

Kathryn T.

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Go for the Level 3 Bundle as the unlimited Help Desk is well worth it.

Still haven't completely enabled all aspects of the program. I had to change accounting programs at the same time we jumped into this program. What a huge difference in how much time it takes. With the white glove conversion I was able to have the attendance and contributions up and running in a few days. It will take a bit longer to get all the capabilities up and running only because I'm still working on the accounting program conversion.

Pros

The White Glove transition worked well. You do have to conform your categories, but the team helps you identify what is needed. The attendance and contributions went in smoothly once everything matched up. We were able to bring over from Logos the attendance and contributions of our database from 2012 forward. Utilize the training videos they are very helpful. The help desk team will walk you through whatever you are having trouble with also. This software has so many parts that can be useful for a large or growing church.

Cons

Some areas are very intuitive to work with, but the report area was not. Don't waste time trying to figure it out on your own. Use the training and the help desk! You may have to wait on hold for a member of the Help Desk Team, however it is worth the wait. They walk you through whatever you are having trouble with. It becomes clear how it works and why it works that way. Now it feels intuitive.

JT

Joyce T.

User Friendly

Servant Keeper has been helpful and they are very patient with me, even though I am technology challenged at the age of 62, I never feel judged, even with the simplity of the program.

Pros

I can access Servant Keeper from my phone anytime and anywhere and being in the ministry that is crucial for me and my husband, Senior Pastor, and our Ministry staff.

Cons

If I have a con, I just call the help desk and they walk me through anything I am having problems with, and therefore my problems/cons have been solved. Bottom line, I can't think of a con.

BT

Brook T.

Feels dated

This software does everything I need it to, but is far from intuitive, and is very slow. It feels like software from the early 90's, even though we upgraded to the newest version on the cloud. I actually dread looking up addresses, because it feels like it takes a long time. Additionally, setting up reports feels like wading through a swamp of choices, instead of it being more user friendly and intuitive. If we hadn't recently updated to the cloud version, in hopes of it not feeling like an old DOS program, I think I would have chosen a different software. That said, the customer service it outstanding. The cost is reasonable. The number of features offered is more than we'll ever use.

Pros

Lot's of features. Great customer service.

Cons

Feels dated & slow. User experience is clunky and not intuitive.

HI Brook, thanks for taking the time to review Servant Keeper. Please contact our HelpDesk if you are having issues with speed and we can see if it is related to your internet there. It is very rare for us to get a complaint about speed. We certainly want to make sure you are getting the most out of the system. There sure are a lot of options when you print reports because so many churches vary in what they want to include on any given report or directory. Hopefully having the options is a positive thing in the end. :) Thanks for using SK! The Servant Keeper Team

JM

Jeanne M.

Quick satisfaction, extremely knowledgeable, so patient and courteous.

There are so many reports and options, and some of our staff (myself included) sometimes cannot see the forest for the trees. We try to make a task or getting a report harder than it has to be. A call to the help desk and we quickly get an answer.

Pros

The ease of use! The presentation of the information. The huge array of reports and reporting options available. The integration with email is fabulous. The merge feature is so easy. Love how you can perform a quick sort on so many of the reports--the information is always right on hand with just a few keystrokes! Our clergy cannot say enough good things about the mobile app--they use it practically daily. Everyone in the office loves using this program!

Cons

Hi Jeanne! It's a joy to serve your ministry and we are so thrilled to see your review! So glad to hear how you are using Servant Keeper and that the mobile apps are being used by your clergy. Thanks for taking time to post a review! - the Servant Keeper Team

MF

Marie F.

I love Servant Keeper Church Software. We use it in our church office for contributions we receive.

Pros

I really, really love how easy Servant Keeper is to learn and use. It makes my work much easier than it was before we started using it.

Cons

What I like least about Servant Keeper is how it times out when you have to switch to another program or app to check something.

Hi Marie, we're so glad you love Servant Keeper and it's a joy to serve your ministry! I'm happy you find it easy to learn and that it's making your job easier. For security purposes your session will time out after a period of inactivity, so that's why you are noticing that. - thanks for the 5 star review! - the Servant Keeper Team

TH

Terri H.

What a blessing Servant Keeper is!

Information at our fingertips in order to perform our roles as ministry assistant in an efficient and timely manner for our pastors and church.

Pros

It's reliability is what I like most. It has been such a faithful program. Little to no errors, crashes, etc.

Cons

Just little preferences that are different for every church is what I like the least. No big dislikes!

Hi Terri, it is so kind of you to post a review of Servant Keeper. It's a complete joy to serve your ministry and we're so glad that you have found Servant Keeper to be a reliable way to manage your ministry for so many years! - the Servant Keeper Team