WizeHive

Flexible grant & scholarship software to powers your mission

visit website

WizeHive Reviews

Pros

I like the simplicity of the design. I am still in the early implementation phase, but I think this will be a great long-term solution for the Foundation.

Liz B.

Megan Z.

Laura Z.

Cons

Emails usually end up in spam folders. You can't duplicate applications or move them to the next year's cycle which is frustrating if you've deferred an applicant.

It is difficult to find a negative aspect to this software.

Kyndra M.

Lacey R.

Great experience working with Wizehive - knowledgeable, supportive assistance, product easy to use!

Pros

It makes sense - it's easy to use and easy to learn! It has helped me take a time-consuming project (collecting scholarship applications) and simplify the process. Wizehive also comes with a knowledgeable staff, who is very helpful and walks me through the application and review processes. For me, learning a new software program can be daunting, but the software was easy to learn, and the online support...

Cons

I really do not have any cons about this software. I enjoy working with it; it has met our needs.

Powerful Database with Unlimited Functionality and Incredible Support

The WizeHive Team is thoughtful, intentional, and focused on excellence in their product and their customer relationships. I know several team members by name and consistently receive personalized, immediate, and knowledgeable support. From the beginning, WizeHive provides a customized experience for every client, and the support and personal touch do not end after the contract is signed. Our team is excited about all of the time and systems we have saved by switching to WizeHive.

Pros

WizeHive replaced our applicant tracking system, time tracking software, onboarding app, CRM, survey administration app, contact management app, mail merge app, and countless spreadsheets, docs, and graphs stored in Drive and Dropbox. The software has incredible functionality, and the WizeHive Team functions as an extension of our team - responding promptly and supportively to every request, helping us learn how to use the system more effectively, and requesting feedback for how to improve their support!

Cons

WizeHive has a potential learning curve if you want to take full advantage of all of its potential. However, the Implementation Team works closely with every client to plan the implementation that aligns with your goals for not only usage but also management. My only complaint, which the Support Team has graciously heard and recorded, is that whitelisted/vanity email addresses and system addresses are not available. We solved this challenge by using Zapier to connect our email accounts and Rebrandly to create a web address that is branded, but if I could change one thing, this would be it.

Not worth the money

Overall, this system is not user friendly. I find myself spending so much time going through their help center documents. When I don't find a solution to my problem, I have no choice but to contact customer service which is a headache. It takes them about 24 hours to reply to urgent matters and most of the time they provide a complicated solution which they assume we would know how to do. We pay thousands of dollars every year not to have 24/7 customer service or for WizeHive not to make better improvements to the system. The only major change that they have done this year was redesigning the login page.

Pros

It does the basics that every other platform does. The application from the applicant side and review portals are easy to use.

Cons

-There's no support provided via phone unless you email them first and schedule a meeting (which takes a few days for urgent matters). -Emails usually end up in spam folders. -You can't duplicate applications or move them to the next year's cycle which is frustrating if you've deferred an applicant. -The letter generator plugin is not the greatest. You can't insert certain information which means...

WizeHive is Making My Job Easier and More Manageable

I needed a way to keep track of many moving parts—requests from nonprofits, building and maintaining a consulting network to match know-how with needs, paperwork like contracts, W-9’s and final reports. The matching capability was an important feature. I am new to using it but so far, I am impressed by how helpful and easy it is to use and I know already it will make my life less painful and better organized.

Pros

I was very impressed with the attention paid to training and coaching prior to fully launching. It was well organized and easy to practice and get help if I ran into a question. By the way, I am not a sophisticated user and felt daunted by learning how to use and be the admin for this platform. They knew how to build my confidence and competence.

Cons

I look forward to innovations down the road that will help make reporting easier to my funders and oversight committee. In my particular situation, I would like to be able to more seamlessly share information from the consultant intake form ( like resumes/bios) in Zengine with the nonprofits that matched with them.

More functionality and excellent support!

For us, this software will literally replace a person. The time it will save us in data collection and processing alone is worth every penny. We are thrilled to have found a software that meets our specific needs and will help us be able to help more single mothers!

Pros

From the demo to go live the people at WizeHive have been great to work with! The implementation team has been fantastic to work with. They are knowledgeable, patient, attentive and have been willing to do the lion share of the work when building out forms and customizing rules. Any time we have ran into a roadblock, the implementation team worked to find a suitable solution or workaround They have...

Cons

If I had to name a con, it would be some limitations with customizing the user interface. I would have liked to make the user experience a bit more friendly or modern. (fonts, layout, colors, etc) But in all my research into other software platforms it was a trade off, you could have a more sleek or custom user interface but not as much functionality. In the end functionality was more important to us which is why we choose WizeHive.

Wizehive Zengine Simplified my Life!

Being a new foundation, the WizeHive Zengine platform allowed us to remain focused on building our organization's capacity. This platform has literally saved us hundreds of hours!. My favorite feature is the ability for multiple reviewers to evaluate and score grant proposals via an online portal. This feature alone saves time spent shuffling papers and sending emails back and forth, not to mention greatly reducing our margin of error.

Pros

The Wizehive Zengine platform provided me with a one stop solution for our foundation grant program needs. The interface is clean and simple and it is amazingly easy to use, even for someone like me who is not a "techie." Our client implementation specialist was very service oriented and patient and made sure we were able to competently navigate the platform plus the online support tools are very useful and informative.

Cons

There was nothing that I didn't like about the Zengine platform.

Simple, Easily Customizable Software

Overall, Wizehive has made our application and administration process extremely simple. The support staff is very responsive and helpful whenever I cannot figure out how to do something within the system on my own. Our users have given great feedback on the ease of use as well.

Pros

We transitioned from Salesforce to Wizehive to manage a grant application and administration process. The transition was extremely smooth and I really appreciate the Wizehive staff's assistance in setting up the system. It has been so simple to update the software to fit our needs as the program as evolved, and to revamp it for another application cycle. We've also been able to integrate more of our grant processes into the software, making it simpler for staff and users.

Cons

It can occasionally be difficult to remember where all pieces of the software - aka where certain settings are, where updates should be made, etc.

Product has been a hit!

It has been quite good. Customer support has been remarkable. Get what I need quickly and expertly.

Pros

WizeHive took our application process online foe the first time. It eliminated time consuming paper work and imp[roved efficiency by orders of magnitude. Most important. it made the process so much easier for our applicants. That was a big big plus.

Cons

The system isn't as intuitive as it could be. Folder arrangements, reports and archiving could be improved.

Best decision ever

We are using WizeHive for grant management. We are a small foundation with one part-time employee. Not only has WizeHive created a grants management system that is easy for grant seekers to use, it has also given the West End Health Foundation a much more professional look. We have found the WizeHive team to be knowledgeable, supportive and able to meet our needs. Our Board members have enjoyed the new streamlined review portal.

Pros

We implemented WizeHive Zengine in September 2020 for our Fall Grant Cycle. Not only did Zengine improve our professional look, it was easy for our grant applicants to use. The Foundation Board of Director's was reviewing all applications via a shared drive or on paper. Zengine streamlined this process and gave us immediate results as each Board member completed their reviews. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] said "That is the best money we have ever spent. I wish we had done this sooner?"

Cons

We have found Zengine to be comprehensive and able to meet all of our needs.

WizeHive Recommendation

Overall our experience with WizeHive was excellent. I would highly recommend to anyone who needs to streamline their application processes.

Pros

The software is user friendly and the training I received on it was excellent. There are a lot of useful functions that give us some flexibility on how we communicate with applicants. The team at WizeHive is super knowledgeable and attentive to your questions and concerns.

Cons

The interface for the users isn't super sleek looking or anything, but for our purposes that is OK.

Rapidly Customizable & Scalable Solution with Endless Possibilities

Pros

1. Implement an idea into a fully functional solution in Production within minutes. 2. Correct and modify configurations with clients and end-users in real-time. 3. Designed to empower system owners and administrators to meet the demands of their clients and super users. 4. Ongoing system upgrades and enhancements to improve configuration capabilities of the system and user experience. 5. Direct and quick customer support when built in Help & FAQ aren't able to answer questions.

Cons

While the system's capabilities to scale are incredible, there are some missing features or issues that haven't been addressed yet that would add a greater measure of use by both Administrators and end users. - Unable to conditionally require Date fields to be before or after another Date field - End users are unable to print/save full applications once completed. (Review Portals only recently received...

Simple and Clean

The Jack and Jill Foundation runs about 9 different grant programs each year and these programs overlap with the prior year(s) programs. Using a Grant Management Platform is critical to our success and sanity. We've had much success with WizeHive Select and are excited about the functionality and feature gains for our Applicants, Reviewers, and Administrators using WizeHive Zengine.

Pros

Migrating from WizeHive Select to WizeHive Zengine resulted in a simpler user interface that shows our Applicants and Reviewers what they've completed, what's due, and when - giving us as Administrators control of the language that best resonates with our Applicants and Reviewers and addresses our specific pain points. For example: because we know that mail from the WizeHive Platform could land in...

Cons

In WizeHive Select I was lukewarm to the reality that our Applicants and Reviewers had to wait for a temporary password to be sent to them when they forgot their password. A change was made with WizeHive Zengine giving Applicants and Reviewers more control over changing their password. Very happy to see this in Zengine.

This interface is easy to learn and use, and when questions arise customer service is very helpful!

WizeHive makes it possible to manage our grant program and the increasing number of proposals that we receive.

Pros

Customer service is very helpful and responsive. They're helpful in answering simple fix questions, as well as brainstorming on how their software can accommodate more complex requests. Very easy to build your own application form, as well as follow-up forms. The interface can be customized to fit your organization's branding. Online help articles are very helpful and easy to follow. Easy to create and customize reports. Easy to create a new workspace - its basically a copy, paste function. Overall - if we were to go through this process again, we would make the same decision to use WizeHive.

Cons

Applicants have to create new credentials every year in order to access their application so, they have separate logins for the year they are reporting in and the year they are applying for - that can get confusing. Yearly workspaces cannot communicate with one another so doing YTD comparisons can be challenging. There are some features, such as the calendar and cascading forms, within WizeHive that I wanted to utilize but were not sophisticated enough features to make it worthwhile. Sending an e-mail to users through the WizeHive app comes from the WizeHive domain and frequently goes to the spam folder. While you can direct replies to an internal e-mail, I would like for the e-mail to also appear as though it was sent from our domain.

Hannah - thank you very much for your thoughtful response and great feedback! We will follow up with you directly to discuss further as many of the items you noted have recently been addressed or are our on our near-term roadmap. Regarding the communication between yearly workspaces - this is a key priority for us and is on our near-term roadmap. Cascading forms is a core feature and we'd like to...

I don't love this system

Mediocre

Pros

It has most of the features we need for our use, which is an application process. People can log-in and save their status on applications. It can link to get references, and I can get people to review the applications on a review portal.

Cons

This is the least intuitive interface of a system I have EVER used. It is extremely frustrating. You think you remember how to change a setting or edit a direction somewhere, and you realize it could be in one of a ton of different places. It is extremely frustrating to use, and you would think that simple things like easily downloaded all the applications as files to my own computer would be simple,...

Scholarship Applications Made Easy

We now have everything related to our scholarship program in one system. Previously, we used Zengine for contact management and Select for our scholarship application process. We recently migrated our scholarship application process to Zengine and were able to provide our applicants and school partners a much easier to use, integrated system that I think makes our process easier on everyone involved.

Pros

We use Zengine as a contact management database, an award tracking database, and most recently, as a scholarship application system. I like how everything is linked and integrated making it easy to pull necessary information for mailings, outreach, data, research, etc. I find that the software is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

The only thing that I dislike right now is that I'm not able to pull email delivery reports on auto-emails that are set up based on folder movements. This feature works well with the bulk email feature, but it would be helpful to also have delivery reports for the auto-email feature.

Best Customer Service Ever!!!

Love it. Love it. Love.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly. The staff is extremely helpful and assists promptly. I have always been able to get an answer in a timely manner and have problems resolved quickly.

Cons

I have no issues even after 6 years of usage and is why I continue the service.

Implementing zengine from select

There are technical areas of improvement but overall the customer support quality has been excellent. Customer support crew as well as account managers are responsive, helpful, patient and thoughtful. That is one of the best experience of being a wizehive customer so far.

Pros

The two top favorite features of Zengine that did not exist in Select are: 1) Data dashboard and 2) Side by side screen for evaluation form (Review portal). The former prevents us from downloading millions of excel spreadsheet to do data filtering to understand who is coming through our application - and the latter is a much better user experience for evaluator volunteers that we recruit every year. Thank you for these changes.

Cons

I hope there is more HTML/design element we can add on the platform - whether it is form creation, email templates, evaluator form... we use Form Assembly in many parts of our work and it has more design capacity (color, fonts, logo, insert graphics, etc). Also the degree of non-English customization was limited in comparison to our needs and we had to take two of our programs (Spain and Colombia) off Wizehive, which was unfortunate.

Great System!

Overall, the experience has been great! The team is extremely helpful. My implementation specialist was fantastic! Not only was she a wonderful instructor, she helped to customize our system to fit our needs. She was extremely responsive and made me feel like a valued client.

Pros

WizeHize has drastically improved our application / review process. Transitioning to an online system has helped us organize requests, track and review applications, which has allowed us to make more informed decisions. Also, the GuideStar integration is great. Our implementation specialist was extremely helpful in creating tools and building the best platform for our needs. WizeHize is easy to navigate and their customer service team is available and responsive when needed.

Cons

Some elements are limited, but the overall functionality is great. For example, I was a little disappointed about the letter generator. It's not as neat, easy to use as I thought it would be, but, I was able to find a work around and the team has been extremely helpful in finding solutions.

Wonderful company with lots of flexibility for an astounding number of solutions!

Working with Wizehive has greatly increased efficiency and helped us to organize and analyse data to make more informed decisions.

Pros

I like the flexibility that it gives me for process management. So far if I have been able to think of a process that needs streamlined we have been able to make this product fit our needs.

Cons

For some of the needs we have had they have had to design custom plugins, BUT this has because a PRO because of the level of service.

The best system for both front end user and back end staff satisfaction. Best decision we made!

We use the WizeHive Zengine platform for our grant system. We have both submission portals and review portals related to the two grant programs we provide in Florida. It's being utilized just by those of us connected specifically to the USTA Florida Section Foundation in an effort to manage the grant application and review process.

Pros

- It has made the application, which is almost identical to the application questions previously displayed by our old service, seem less daunting and more user friendly to grant applicants. - The grant review team has exclaimed that the side-by-side review option is the best feature ever invented and has saved them loads of paper. - Internally, I appreciate the ease of use of the back end system. Being able to easily assign grants to reviews both in and outside the organization, easily create queries for the stats I need, and the ability to move application through the steps of the system seamlessly make this my top choice since I'm the only staff member dedicated to the Foundation which leaves me with lots on my plate to balance.

Cons

I haven't found any yet. At this point, I'm thrilled with each of the features and the ease of use of the system.

Excellent customer service

Overall the staff have been incredibly helpful. We worked through our transition with one of their reps named [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He was so patient with us. With every training a video was created that was posted in our portal allowing us to review if we became stuck at a point.

Pros

We used the Wizehive platform and just recently transitioned to Zengine which is supported by the same group. What we like best is how user friendly it became after our training.

Cons

It does take practice. Because it looks completely different than our previous application it has taken us some time to get used to it. And it is completely different. I think that was what I liked least about it.

Excellent Value for the Money

Data management is actually something I look forward to now that we have Zengine, and even those on our team who use the system less frequently agree. It is a relatively complex application and requires some time to get familiar with the structure, but we've found the time investment to be well worth it. In fact, the effort we've put into setting up the database to fit our needs is saving us time as we increase the number of records and enabling us to improve other workflows outside of the Zengine space. We highly recommend it and in fact have already done so with another grantmaker.

Pros

Zengine has completely transformed our workflow and allowed us to organize applications, grant disbursements, and review processes in a way we never could have managed using Google Docs and email. Those of us who use the system regularly can easily find what we are looking for, and we have confidence that data isn't slipping through the cracks. The dashboard views are helpful for our board, and we are already getting a glimpse of how we can use the database to create robust reports.

Cons

The only thing we miss is the ability to be notified (e.g. by email) if something has been submitted through the portal by an external user. But we've found a satisfactory workaround.

This software has allowed us to transform the way we do scholarships.

The software has enabled us to streamline our process in many ways, allowing us to focus our time betters serving our students, volunteers, and donors.

Pros

With this software we have been able to expand our program in multiple facets. Not only have we been able to add more scholarships, but we have been able to improve upon the way we administer them. The process has been simplified for our staff, our reviewers, our recommenders and our applicants.

Cons

We have new scholarships every year and making changes seems to be a very complex process as those changes need to be made in numerous locations. The software is also costly to have.

Zengine

WizeHive has provided exceptional services throughout the four years I have worked with them. Very happy with the product and customer service!

Pros

Zengine has been a great product for our organization. We were previously using Select, by WizeHive, which is being replaced with Zengine. There is a lot more functionality with Zengine. I am able to put more of our overall process into Zengine, cutting down the "back and forth" with our other platforms.

Cons

There are a few things that we were able to do with Select that we cannot with Zengine, but the Help team has been great relaying our requests to product development. Hopefully we will see these features in the future.

Internship Application Process Made So Much Easier

We have used WizeHive for our summer internship application process and have been very, very happy with it -- it's made it so much easier for us to manage the applications we receive and to assemble data. In particular, the review functionality has streamlined our process and avoided wasteful copying. After the initial set-up, we haven't needed much support from year to year, which is terrific - but when we do they are very responsive.

Pros

Overall, the whole system works really well, and the reporting function is terrific.

Cons

The e-mails to references seem to get caught in SPAM filters fairly often, which creates some administrative burden to follow up with those persons. And since we use the system only once a year, it is a bit pricey.

Hi Ilene: Thank you for your business as well as your review! If you continue to have the SPAM problem please contact us directly We send all of our emails out through a 3rd party service called that processes over 20 billion emails a month with a 99%+ deliverability guarantee so we should look into your configuration as this should not be an issue.