WorshipPlanning.com

Church service planning solution

WorshipPlanning.com Reviews

Alexis N.

Jenn M.

Worshipplanning.com is an excellent product for organizing and planning your worship flow. It has an intuitive interface and outstanding features and functionality.

Theresa V.

Eric M.

Nancy F.

4.3

Solid, reliable and easy to use

Sometimes on mobile the lyrics for a song can be cut off. But that's not something we use often anyway.

Pros

We've been using WorshipPlanning.com for years, and it has never let us down. It does just what we need without being bloated with stuff we don't need. Every Sunday is organized, and everyone can see what is going on. We have a rotation of disparate music leaders, so having visibility into what has been played recently was important to us. Everyone is now literally on the same page! There are more features available than we use because we are so small. But I can see that there is a lot of power available if we needed it.

Cons

Thank you for the feedback! We try to keep the more advanced features out of the way when you only need the basic functionality.

Its the administrative staff I never had that frees me up to create and focus on worship

Pros

It is simple as you want it to be and deep as you want it to be. In the short term and for the quick and easy it can put together a program in minutes. In the long term as you keep using it and the repertoire grows, it is fast and doesn't miss any administrative events. I depend on it and I haven't missed a beat. As a leader, it puts the onus on the team to follow through on assignments that and cover for subs when called for. As a communication tool I use it to organize any kind of concert as the timeline is flawless in sticking to a timeclock. So good is its coverage that I often use it in broadcast TV situations along with Pro Presenter.

Cons

It competes and exceeds performance of other software packages, but doesn't have the exposure and marketing advertising that others may have because the company puts its resources into the software. That would be a "con" to some who are interested in having marketing rule their brand.

Wow! Thank you so much for the great review, Yabo!

Worship Planning is a great company with a useful product that could use an update

Worship planning helps our team coordinate its schedule and get on the same page ahead of our practices.

Pros

Worship planning does a good job of the basic functionality of coordinating the schedule of our team.

Cons

Worship planning has pretty basic functionality compared to its competitors and could use a modern design refresh.

We sincerely appreciate the feedback, Tim. It truly helps us improve! In the 15 years we've been around, our internal development motto has been "be the best at the basics". In other words, while there are many solutions out there with lots of bells and whistles, we feel those often come at the expense of making things complicated and expensive. That said, we've worked hard to keep up with what...

Worshipplanning.com has been a great tool for us in planning worship and related tasks.

Great planning tool, great way to distribute information across many different ministries and people.

Pros

It's intuitive, it's easy to learn and use, response to feedback and enhancement has been superb, and it's expandable for use by many different types of ministries. We not only use it for worship planning, but we use it for kids and student ministry as well, and also as a type of database for storing files and other info in logical ways, and making that info available to others.

Cons

Like any software, I have several small nits - small nit-picky things that I'd change in the way that it behaves, or enhancements that might make a common task for me more easily accomplished. But overall, I'm very happy with it.

Thank you for the great feedback, William.

Overall the product is very useful and provides our music ministry with what we need.

Pros

No paper for our rehearsals! Everything is centralized! Everything is consistent! Love the ability to schedule our Praise Team members for different Sunday's they're assigned to sing! Love the ability that allows them to add another person on their team when they're NOT available or something comes up! Love the song books; music library!!!

Cons

Not being able to listen to the music and read the lyrics is a big issue! I am hoping this is changed in an upcoming version.

Thank you for the feedback, Barry! WorshipPlanning.com does allow you and your team to view lyrics and listen to music if that information has been added to the song, so we'll connect with you about where you might be having trouble.

Great for Planning the Weekly Worship Services

Pros

There are several features we like as a team. Our Pastor can go into the system and add his message series, title, text several weeks in advance. The planners then can also login and add members of the worship team, tech team and connections team. The planner can see when a team member accepts their role for that week.

Cons

Wish there was more flexibility with the elements portion of the service. Each part of the service uses different people and different mics. There is no way to communicate things like the announcement person will be using mic #? or color ?. There is no way to chart that on the schedule so that everyone of the team knows, what and where.

Hi Pastor May. Thank you so much for the great feedback! You may be interested to know that using the "role notes" for each element, you can put specific notes for specific roles, people, or teams (like which mic they are to use or where they are to stand). Perhaps that feature can allow you to communicate the exact info you need the singers and musicians to have. Anyway, thanks again for the review!

Worship Planning is a solid program for team management

Makes team management easy

Pros

I like that the user interface (from the user side) is simple and easy to use. I've been using it for about 4 years now.

Cons

The admin side is quite confusing in my opinion. Especially switching from user to admin. It doesn't work very well. I also don't like that you cannot create a spotify playlist via the admin side. It will create a sort of playlist, but it doesn't direct you to spotify, it only opens a dialogue box that you can list from.

Thanks so much for taking time to post the great feedback! It sounds like you've identified a few places we need figure out how to make smoother for you. I believe some of the items you mentioned are possible to do, though we may need to improve how it is implemented if someone with your 4+ years experience is still getting hung up with it. We'd be happy to have a call to discuss, if you're interested. Feel free to give us a call at 877.399.3342 after the holidays, and we'll help you out and figure out how we can improve.

Online Worship Service Planning

Worshipplanning.com is a straight forward and functional website. It gets the job done at a fraction of the cost of its competitors.

Pros

The browser-based software is easy to use and it covers all the necessary basics needed to create and plan a worship service. The online scheduler is very useful, the file-hosting is great and the integration with CCLI and other popular worship software programs is really well done.

Cons

The user interface could use some work. There is a bit of a learning curve as administrators but it is easy enough to use for the average user.

Hi Alexis, Thank you for the review! You'll be happy to hear we have a major update, including a new user interface, that is live for new sign-ups, and being rolled out over the next few months to existing accounts. If your organization is interested in using the new update sooner than currently scheduled, feel free to contact me or our support team. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. -tom

WorshipPlanning.com makes scheduling teams so simple!

Team members have expressed that the software can be confusing to use. There are many great functions that take some time to figure out.

Pros

The ability to create and manage teams allows ministry planning effortless. Team members can easily indicate their preferences and availability. The ability to import from sites like SongSelect makes it all very worthwhile!

Cons

Thank you for the great feedback! We are always striving to make the software easier to use, especially for volunteers. If you or they have any suggestions, we'd love to hear them. Feel free to contact us directly via our support center (we welcome phone calls) to share your ideas.

Affordable and Functional

Good experience overall. No issues. No outages. Consistently works with no surprises.

Pros

The price point is great. It has pretty much all the bells and whistles you need in a service planning website. Organize, schedule, plan and provide resources all in one spot. Very well done.

Cons

The user interface is clunky and ugly. IT does everything you need it to it just isn't as pretty as some of its competitors.

Thank you for the review, and for your honest feedback about the UI. Our team is wrapping up a major effort to redesign the UI and make it more modern looking.

This website is a lifesaver for organization and communication between our staff and volunteers.

Organization, communication, planning

Pros

We use Worshipplanner.com daily to send emails to volunteers, upload files for our worship team, schedule volunteers and create detailed services. It's connection to Songselect is very useful as we choose music, as is it's ability to make detailed notes for everyone involved in Sunday morning. The unlimited storage is also a definite plus for us.

Cons

There are really very few issues we have come into with this website. I think the versatility of copying/linking services could be somewhat improved but overall there is not much to complain about!

Thanks for the feedback, Anna! We're especially excited to hear that the SongSelect integration is helpful! Keep an eye out for more similar integrations! It's good to know that copying/linking services could be a little smoother for you. We'll take a look at how we can improve that area.

Very user friendly. My music ministry members would now be lost without it!

The ability for my music team to always know what it going on and what is coming up.

Pros

The ability to post charts and recordings for my volunteers and the ability to communicate with them through your website

Cons

it is a little pricey. Unfortunately, it is a little hard to understand for our older, less tech-savvy volunteers.

Nancy, thank you so much for the feedback! We are always open to ideas on how to make the site easier for _everyone_ to use. Feel free to share any suggestions with us directly.

Great way to organize and schedule your services

Pros

Sometimes it seems like music and worship at the church level is like herding cats. WorshipPlanning helps you get control of the chaos which allows you more time to focus on the end product.

Cons

I think some others might have also mentioned the challenges in getting some of our older members to take advantage of all that WorshipPlanning can do.

Thank you for the review, Danny!

I have been using worshipplanning.com for a couple of years to help me plan worship.

I am able to save a lot of time in the worship planning process. I am currently only using the service planning page and scheduling.

Pros

This software is really easy to use. I have a small team at my church and am able to get the plan entered and send it out in a very timely manner.

Cons

Thank you so much for the review, Jason! We try to keep a "no church/ministry too small" philosophy, and are thrilled to hear it is helpful to your small team.

Not the Best Service Planning Software, but not Terrible

Comparatively, it's just not as good as Planning Center Online. It's not terrible, but it's also just not as intuitive. I think especially if you've been using the other and then switch to this, there's a learning curve.

Pros

I like that our worship leader is able to attach many file types to the songs.

Cons

It's just not the most intuitive software to use.

Great tool for helping plan & organize worship service

Very limited, but overall very positive. I would definitely consider in the future.

Pros

I enjoyed the accessibility of the software to plan and organize our weekly services. It allows the various people involved in our services to access the order of service/notes of the components of our service

Cons

This was a great tool. I enjoyed it a lot. However, being a smaller church, It just wasn't necessary for us at this time. We ended up canceling to save money.

Thanks for the great feedback, Trevor! We continue to add functionality that we hope is good for all sizes of churches. Looking forward to perhaps being able to serve your church in the future!

When planning is key!

Pros

My church's worship team has actually been using this for quite some time. The dance ministry was just integrated to this app, and wow has it made a difference! To be able to see the layout of when everything is instead of waiting for "cues" has made Sunday's so much easier! We are able to program how many people will be on that altar, the song list and order, and email everyone.

Cons

There are very few problems that we have had. Overall, there is not much to complain about! I wish we would have used this sooner.

Thank you so much for the great feedback, Gibeth! It's great to hear how the app is able to help your dance ministry get on the same page.

Confusing and not intuitive

If it were my decision, we would not have purchased and set up an account with Worship Planning. It's just one more thing. Another silo. When everything could be done far easier using excel and email and PDFs of songs sheets. Valiant effort, WorshipPlanning. I do sincerely hope that yall can find a nice groove so you can grow your business and help churches.

Pros

I like that links to songs can be added to the worship service liturgy, so worship team members can access the version of the song being sung.

Cons

Unfortunately - The site is difficult to navigate, is not at all intuitive, scheduling groups or individuals is confusing, going between 5 different areas of the website to get people scheduled is time consuming and tedious. Everything that can be done in WorshipPlanning can now , for the most part, be done in CCBm, where we already have schedules and groups set up.

It takes some time to set up, but helps a lot for managing worship team environment.

Excellent tool for planning worship services and communicating with the team!

Pros

I like the way the software helps me to manage my teams and communicate assignments. I also like the way it works at a glance to see what my plan is for a given week. It also allows me to import songs from SongSelect and print out lyrics or highlights of the plan for other participants.

Cons

I haven't found very many negatives at this stage. Perhaps it would be nice to have additional options for communication with the team.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

Solid and Inexpensive Church Service Planner

Overall it has been solid. It does what we need it to do and the price is great.

Pros

The cost is great. Like really good compared to other companies. It can do most everything you want it to do. Scheduling and planning functionalities all work well. Integrates with most other programs and platforms you would need it to.

Cons

It is not the easiest site to navigate but it does have most of what you need once you learn it. It is not a good looking site either.

Thank you for the honest review! If forced to choose, we'd take "solid performance" over "good looking" any day of the week. But you'll be happy to know we are working on a major update that will give everything a new look and make the functionality even more intuitive. As with every customer (or potential customer), if you ever have trouble or issues, you are welcome to give us a call. We are delighted to assist by phone (or email if you prefer). 1-877-399-3342. Thanks again! -tom

Excellent product, excellent value!

worshipplanning.com is an excellent product for organizing and planning your worship flow. It has an intuitive interface and outstanding features and functionality. Great value that starts with a free trial!

Pros

ease of use and features