Autotask PSA Logo

Autotask PSA

IT Business Management Software Platform

Autotask PSA Reviews - Page 4

We use it daily and couldn't live without it!

We run our entire business out of Autotask. It does everything for us as an MSP.

Pros

Autotask is about automation. It makes ticketing and billing processes standardized and automated. It has become our central repository for information. All service related issues, time spent, contracts, hardware, etc goes in there. I tell my team all the time, "If it doesn't exist in Autotask, it didn't happen."

Cons

Autotask support has historically been difficult, but is getting much better. Reporting is very powerful, but also VERY difficult to get your arms wrapped around it. It isn't something you do on a whim. If you have time to spend with it, you'll get good data. If you don't have time to spend, make sure you pay for some Autotask consulting time to help you.

Great for Large Teams

Overall I enjoyed using the Autotask PSA for most things, but it was not a good fit for the team I was working with.

Pros

Autotask PSA is a great option for large teams. It is fully customizable, offers a wide array of features, and has an excellent, hands-on onboarding process. It is a great option for large teams.

Cons

This software required quite a bit of manual set up for tasks I needed -- things such as automatically sending emails to clients on ticket updates, changing fields from required to not required, etc. For a very small team, onboarding was a bit onerous.

CRM, Time tracking, Support management made easy

We successfully manage most aspects of our MSP business using Autotask. The entire workflow from incoming requests, time tracking, resource management, contract management, ending with an API workflow to our billing system.

Pros

From an MSP perspective, this product functions as a CRM, time tracking/management, contract management, and ticket system. You can manage all aspects of an MSP business here with billing integrations available to close the loop.

Cons

It can be a bit difficult to get started, but this is more of a business process issue as opposed to a product issue. If you have defined your workflow and processes you can translate them easily into this product.

Just OK

As a MSP you need to have one. The client facing ticket portal is unusable. The KB section makes it hard to add images.

Pros

It is a mature product. Has many features.

Cons

Hard to use. Has made few improvements over the years. The RMM (owned by same company) integration is basic.

Ticket management simplified with the help of Autotask

My overall experience would be two thumbs up! it isn't another ticket managing system I would prefer rather than Auto task. I feel like I'm going to be with it for a long time

Pros

Auto task can integrate with almost any third-party software you can imagine it can create tickets on its own from alerts received from third-party vendors, can close tickets when it notices the devices back online all by itself and on and on and on. With auto tasks if you want to automate or just keep track of your tickets or service calls it's so simple

Cons

If you've never used auto task before it can feel overwhelming. There is so much you can click on and view that most users have a hard time learning everything it can do

Autotask Tops CW and other Ticket Systems

Autotask is a clean solution to IT ticketing needs that can otherwise be a complete mess to sort through.

Pros

Autotask is highly customizable and sorts everything into queues easily. AT tracks more aspects of the business than other ticketing platforms I've used.

Cons

Autotask has an intricate back-end with many rules and settings... sometimes the rules can overlap each other and it's not always clear where to find the solution if a taskfire is misfiring or failing.

Good Software... Need Help to understand it

The integration with Datto RMM is a plus. They work hand in hand. I am able to track my clients and time I spend doing tasks down to the minute.

Pros

This software has been great. It took me a while to get the hang of it. I am still learning the ropes, and I am into it for 2 months now. The staff has been very helpful in getting me onboard. I have not used all of my included support call time yet.

Cons

The learning curve is steep. You are only allowed 3 hours of free phone support to get started. Be careful with utilizing it to the fullest.

Amazingly comprehensive managed services

The AutoTask \ Datto AEM software is one of the best RMM products we've used. We originally were looking to swap to something from Hounddog when it was expensive years ago and this did everything HoundDog \ GFI Max did but much cheaper and that was just on the monitoring side of things. It also added, remote management, auditing, bulk updates, patch management, reporting, which we weren't getting from Hounddog and we've been with AutoTask ever since. Each time we look to replace it with another RMM tool, when we compare the features and the price per device we just can't beat it.

Pros

Ridiculously low resource footprint Easy to add devices for management The amount of detailed information you get from the auditing is amazing Push out deployments in bulk

Cons

The inbuilt reporting is being massively improved over the next few months \ iterations, as currently it leaves something to be desired. There's a huge wealth of auditing data that is captured by the software but you can't easily pull this out. Sure you can filter devices by the info, but to actually pull a report, its painful. 3rd party patch management is also something they're working on developing further as there are competitors out there who do it much better.

It's a leading PSA that needs work

Pros

The integration of multiple components (sales, ticketing, RMM, leads, quotes) is nice to have and is ideal in today's world where managed services providers need all innone solutions

Cons

Every feature unfortunately seems half baked. Some examples of this are: There is no direct integration with quoting resellers like Ingram to get sales data (unless you buy a 3P module such as QuoteWerks), deleting tickets is a colossal nightmare which can't be done via their API. Their APIs in general are fairly poor as they don't let you do basic functions such as deleting configurations or tickets, setting a ticket creator or setting the name of the person that is doing a note or comment (these features are only available via their email gateway or through the portal itself. There is no ability to truly lock down a user account, help desk users are able to pull reports of other members utilization and work being performed even if they are not queue owners.

Autotask utilization for Project Management

Pros

I am using it for project management and it proves to be very useful tool for it.

Cons

Little bit confusing at the begining. But soon I catch it up.

A PSA to handle everything from ticketing to invoicing; Extremely customizable

My overall experience with Autotask PSA, from implementation to daily use, has been very favorable. I would highly recommend this software due to its versatility and ability to be customized. Our company was not taking full advantage of all modules (contracts and invoicing, specifically), which was detrimental to our overall efficiency. My recommendation would be that anyone considering this software look to implement all facets of the software for the best result. Autotask PSA has an extensive FAQ library, webinars (live and recorded) and tutorials for new Administrators and users. Customer support was also very helpful when we had specific questions or issues, and there is a handy scheduling feature for technical support chats.

Pros

Autotask PSA is an extremely customizable tool. Different departments can have customized ticket categories, including Issue Types, priorities, resources, ticket status, due dates, workflows and notifications (and more) to fire off based on the rules associated with each category. The updates to the software in the last 18 months have improved the user experience. For example, when viewing a ticket,...

Cons

There is a large learning curve when implementing this software. It is a common mistake to create a lot of customization (UDFs and workflows) because the Administrator is not familiar with the modules or the best practices of the software. Creating custom reports can be very cumbersome due to the vast number of options and fields available. When creating a new ticket, time entry or activity entry, a new window opens in the browser (which was an annoyance for some team members).

Solid solution with lots of integrations

Overall Autotask has been a solid solution for our MSP. As we grow, we continually discover features within the PSA that we didn't know we had and/or needed. This has helped keep our costs down since we don't have to add additional toolsets from other vendors.

Pros

Autotask PSA allows us to handle much of our work from a single platform. Their extensive integration with vendors allows us to quickly link to items, such as asset details, directly from the service ticket. The integration with distributors helps with contract management, as purchased licenses with the vendor automatically get added to the service contract in Autotask.

Cons

The design feels dated and not as intuitive as other solutions we've tried and in spite of several new releases, the overall UI doesn't appear to be changing.

Best MSP out there!

Pros

There's really nothing out there I've found that's comparable. The integration with other programs like N-Able, QuoteWerks and QuickBooks pretty much make AutoTask a one-stop-shop. I love that AutoTask has so many features that allow me to service our customers all in one place. I've been using AutoTask for over 4 years and I'm STILL finding new features available! They also seem to value its user's input. Over the years I've seen them make many improvements to their user interface, and a lot of them were highly requested by users on their message boards, so it's nice to see that they read those and make efforts to incorporate much-needed changes.

Cons

The fact that AutoTask has so many features does make it difficult to navigate and set up the system initially. Because of that, most of the problems we've had with AutoTask have boiled down to being user-errors, which I can't fault AutoTask for. As an admin, it's just that there's SO much you can do and customize in AutoTask, it becomes very overwhelming knowing where to start, and knowing how to set up all the pieces in a way that will make the system easy to use for our normal tech users.

Very effective ticketing and project management tool

Pros

Ticketing with Autotask saving a lot of time and efforts, it facilitates the communication between all stakeholders including our clients, allows internal notes on the ticket controls what the client can see and what is not, adding user defined fields allows us to generate more meaningful reports related to our business and our needs. Managing projects is very productive with Autotask, as I can...

Cons

Why there is no feature to generate Project management charts like, network diagrams, WBS, Gantt charts from the current open projects?

It isn't the prettiest or sleekest looking, but AEM provides a deep toolkit for the IT professional.

AEM makes it easy to organize multiple off-site locations and set up hardware monitoring, apply a scheduled server restart for patches, and the ability to quickly and easily apply scripts to remote computers without ever logging onto them.

Pros

AEM makes it easy to monitor, set up scripts, or even connect to countless computers remotely. You can drill down to a computer on an individual level, or group entire office sites into resource monitoring or apply your custom written scripts to them, either one time or schedule a time for them to reoccur. AEM really lets you apply the full capabilities of your knowledge to managing your computers. I've never felt held back by it.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like there's just too many levels, and it can take awhile to get where you need to be. Luckily the software is not slow to respond, but it's still a few layers to drill down to get to the computer you need. There also is a bit of a learning curve compared to other similar management systems, however AEM does reward you for learning all its in's and out's with a vast array of customization features to manage the computers exactly how you want.

Used this program for two years as the department service management system. I was named a champion

Was able to fill the service management needs of a large field service division.

Pros

Had a wide variety of modules and a solid work flow engine. Made appropriate recommendations for additional and followup actions. Front end was a intuitive GUI .

Cons

Work flow engine made decisions that could not be easily reversed. Constantly opened asset tracking modules contrary to our data collection strategies. Unable to integrate material purchasing and reporting software hence autotask produced invoices that had to be exception ed out of inventory. Accounting software engine was based on quick books hence it was never able to integrate with the one write enterprise accounting software. Independent financial auditors were not willing to verify accuracy of the spread sheet nature of the accounting software. Our work around was to abandon the accounting module, AutoTask did not give a refund.