BasicSafe

Modular, mobile, online EHS management software

BasicSafe Reviews

User-Friendly Software, Helpful Staff

We have been working with BasicSafe since 2014. We have enjoyed seeing them expand over time and increase their capabilities. We love growing with BasicSafe and are looking forward to continued success in the future. The staff has been a pleasure to work with!

Pros

The software has been tailored to meet the needs of customers and is easy to use. BasicSafe is well-known for their service and support, making this a wonderful company to work with all around!

Cons

We currently don't have any issues in this area!

basicsafe rocks, easy to use and intuitive .

organizational excellence. I know it sounds like a sales pitch but it did work as sold.

Pros

I used basicsafe on a daily basis for six years. The format is easy to use and enabled my company to totally eliminate all hardcopy procedure manuals, sds sheets and forms. Nice huh. Our five location remote facilities staff was able to bring up the most current procedures, regulations and forms. Training was easy for all from office to floor. If they have a smart phone they will be able to use this software. Bonus- AIB , USDA and customers all appreciated the ease of finding documents too. We expanded it into using for audits, work orders and corrective actions. Quality product.

Cons

Needs better ability to bring large photos into it. We were doing visual workplace and large photos were tough.

Thanks for taking the time to review! We are glad you enjoyed using our product.

Truly a one stop Safety Management Program

Pros

"There were two key factors why Amalgamated Sugar chose BasicSafe, the service and support which has been and continues to be outstanding and their excellent products which are continually improved."

Cons

Currently not able to use the audit tool when internet is not available. Offline capabilities for rural site audits would allow us to complete the entries on site.

Hey Kim! Thanks for the review! We do currently offer a version that will work in your system without internet. Our enterprise standalone package will allow for this but requires more support on the user end. I believe that may be the reason for your company choosing the online package. Please feel free to reach us with any questions! -Doug

I tell every safety professional about BasicSafe! This software has made our safety program better!

Time saver! All safety items in nice and neat bundles.

Pros

It's easy to use; even for folks who haven't used computers much. I like the follow up training for each tool, great way to remind folks of the features in each tool when they might have forgotten.

Cons

During a search in the incident tool, once you've clicked into an incident and you try to go back to the search screen/info on that screen, it disappears. You have to re-enter the search. It would be nice to have it retain the search in order to go back/forth easier.

Hey Tanya! Thanks for the review! Great to hear that you share us with others! -Doug BASICSAFE

Great product, great company.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to train others. The audit tool, action tool, and incident tool are very user friendly.

Cons

Cannot load multiple images to a specific sequence in the lockout tool. I would like the ability to upload multiple action plans at once.

Hey Jennefer! Thanks for the great review! Will touch base on the LOTO and action plans! -Doug, BASICSAFE

We've used BasicSafe LOTO module for a couple of years and we find it easy to use.

Easy for operators to find the LOTO checklists.

Pros

In the LOTO Module, the ability to add photos to the LOTO checklist. The ability to search for equipment names in the LOTO module makes it much easier for our operators to find the checklists.

Cons

We can't upload our current checklists into the system, we have to start from scratch, but that's more because of our current checklist system rather than an issue with BasicSafe.

Hey Kimberly! Thanks for the review! -Doug BASICSAFE

BasicSafe in Wood Products

I've had BasicSafe at two companies I've worked at. BasicSafe is easy to use and gives us a good place for all our safety information. If I ever have a question, BasicSafe is there to answer it very quickly. I'd recommend this company, especially if it's your company's first step in organizing your safety information.

Pros

Ease of use, good graphics, good customer support

Cons

Some of the tools need a bit of tweaking at times

We constantly improve the tools based upon customers like Tanya's input. The entire program is based upon highly experienced safety manager's requirements to improve their daily work activities.

BASICSAFE is a tool like none other I have seen before.

We use BASICSAFE in all of our facilities. The notifications and features built into the system remove many of the complications associated with my job. I would recommend BASICSAFE to anyone.