All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Bindo POS Reviews

Pros

I am very pleased with the way it works. I do wish that you would be able to do everything from the PC or the app side for everything, but again once you figure that out you are great to go.

Brian W.

Read the full review
Easy functionality and navigation is nice especially dealing with customers. At first I had to figure out the keys but charting information which was all self explanatory; very impressive.

Erika W.

Read the full review
Its fast, the card processor is amazing, its easy to use, offers free trial version which is good for testing. Using t om my ipad makes it more fun.

Julius K.

Read the full review

Cons

We lost so many sales because of upset customer because they are unable to pay their bill. I would either have to comp their meal or they would just leave because of Bindo's application.

Theresa T.

Read the full review
Customer service is awful. Very arrogant and they do not care.

Mira S.

Read the full review
The overall experience with this software is very disappointing.

Travis K.

Great System with some Bad Updates with No Time Frame to be Resolved

Pros

The layout for processing sales and invoices is great and easy. We do not have a very tech-savvy staff and they were able to quickly learn the software, even with its various updates and changes. The receipt layout is great with the barcode at the top, it makes it easy to pull up sales quickly. The software has really helped to better manage our inventory. I love the ability to affiliate specific customers...

Cons

I researched several POS systems before we chose Bindo, I thought Bindo had all of the features we needed for our small business and more. After several years of using Bindo a couple of updates were launched some were great and others were not beneficial to us. The updates often times took away features that we had liked. When I had called to investigate if this was something that was going to be corrected,...

Very Good Low Cost Option

For what we were doing, yes there were some limitations, but it enables us to run our store. Once you figure out what it can and can't do, you can run your store without any problems. We had a store front already set up on WooCommerce and Bindo enabled us to open our physical store front. If you were doing this backward thank how we did it, Bindo has even more integrations to help you run that. I am very pleased with the way it works. I do wish that you would be able to do everything from the PC or the app side for everything, but again once you figure that out you are great to go!

Pros

I was mostly impressed with their customer service. Being a smaller operation, I was always able to hear from a couple of the individuals working there. If I have a question, I always hear back from them quickly. Running the POS is very easy after it is set up. Took it to a few shows that we did and had no problems at all!

Cons

I think the biggest issues relate to syncing with WooCommerce. Sometimes it wouldn't import the item correctly or if there were variations on an item it wouldn't handle it correctly. You could just call the support and they'd fix most things. I would also have some random products multiply themselves in the inventory if one of them sold. I would just delete those and verify the inventory quantity.

Pretty good but still a work in process with both good and bad points.

Ability to track inventory while using the POS system. Relatively easy to use POS system. Didn't require a full computer system purchase to run in our two stores.

Pros

Easy to use for most sales transactions. Can do many other things that are important to us - gift cards, customer accounts, suspended sales, quotes. Most of the reports that we use can be imported into an Excel spreadsheet where we can do most of the analysis that we need to assess our sales transactions.

Cons

Several primary generated reports treat sales on discounted merchandise as if there were no discount applied. Discounts are listed separately and have to be manually calculated or estimated - totally at odds with accepted accounting principles as well as Federal, state, county, and city tax rules. We have to rely on receiving a monthly generated report specially delivered to us at the end of each month....

Decent software but still needs work

As a user there are no direct benefits for me but it does make sales easier especially when we are busy and I am trying to get people paid up and out the door as quickly as possible.

Pros

I like the look and layout of the menu screens and the settings menu. It's easy to understand and easy to use.

Cons

The app crashes more than I would have thought it would. Also there is some difficulty with merging sales data if an item is accidentally entered into the system twice.

it's been a learning process, but they've been great with adding features and fixing issues.

moving all of our systems to an iPad. better for when the store is busy and we need multiple users signed in.

Pros

the customer support for any issues is great. if there is an idea that we have, they are great at making it happen.

Cons

certain things take a work around making the overall process take longer than it should. it seems like in the long run we will work those things out.

It's a love hate relationship, but for the most it's a good POS

Pros

Our inventory management, product creation, category, allowing to input specifics. I love the loyalty reward program available. Helps us build a better connection with the customer as to what they like, prefer, may want.

Cons

Okay, I'll try not to be too harsh but I want to be specific. The glitching, software update or any updates not to be reserved for Friday's and Saturday when it's busy. Customer want to view the items they purchased, but not with the cost price... would really appreciate is we can select by dates see the items and have no other specific information, many times customer feel the need to see all the...

Do not get in business with Bindo

It's Bad. I would not recommend getting into business with this company, especially not after covid. Unfortunately we have so much switching inventory that it would be impossible to make an easy switch to another POS system. Honestly if I could switch easily, I would. The customer service through Covid has been SO BAD. I have called 5 times in the last 3 weeks with various issues and have not had a single response. Their service button on the app has not worked since COVID started. Even before COVID, the customer service was really, really bad.

Pros

Bindo, when it works is very easy to use. They have really improved the interface and any prominent issue probably has a work-around.

Cons

Where to start? Bindo's customer service is quite possibly the worst I have ever experienced in the tech industry. Since Covid started they have not answered their customer service line when I called. Not a single time. I have constant issues is different aspects of the app and they are not willing to even contact me back. On top of that, the question mark button that leads to customer service has...

Somewhat large learning curve but once you get it, it is worth it

Streamlined POS for easy training and use

Pros

Easily useable, and stream lines very well. Using the tabs to create quick menus and being able to move between them very quickly and setting up pictures for training.

Cons

Large Learning curve, Just knowing how to use everything, but the customer service is great at getting back to you quickly

Customer service is always helpful, easy to navigate and many functions are very useful.

Pros

I like the invoice/quote feature the best. We often set up bills for local agencys-emailing the quote/invoice is very helpful.

Cons

The invoice feature. Sometimes its difficult to edit pricing, fulfillment, and quote conversion. In addition to not being able to read the quote/invoice in email because the text is too small.

So Easy to Get Paid!

I wanted to accept credit cards but was afraid about getting all the equipment and not being able to monitor everything. Bindo (along with Quickbooks) resolved all the fears and now I can get paid easily without looking suspicious or inefficient.

Pros

Biased because I have an iPad and this works very well with it, but.... I got a scanner, a drawer, a CC reader, a printer for receipts, and this plays well with my Quickbooks! There's even free customer support and can do other mobile pay and online payments!

Cons

I haven't found it yet, at least the software, I wasn't a fan of the included iPad stand- but not everything can be perfect.

Mostly positive but have had a few issues.

Pros

When we need help the people are friendly and try to help us with our issues. It has been more stable lately.

Cons

It does not have a few features that we need ie we sell lottery tickets and need to be able to do payouts that show up as a negative in the daily sales summary report. Also they have been promising us a new emv card reader that complies with the chip cards for 3 years and we still do not have one. Also when they have internal errors we can't process credit and debit cards. When they update they...

in general, it is easy to use and works for the most part.

Pros

Inventory management and being able to access information. We can store our clients information in the system, put credit cards on file for ease of shopping. Being able to look up products and have all the information needed at a glance is helpful.

Cons

Multiple payment situations are a nightmare. You often have to figure Utility what payment type to put in first (order of operations situation) for the split tender to work. It's extrmemly time consuming and the customers feel like it's their fault when we can't proccess their preferred payment. We don't want our customers thinking their card is being declined when it's not or feel like they are unable to use, sometimes multiple, gift cards, store credits, etc. there are also glitches that don't get resolved in a timely fashion. I can not use the trigger point feature to generate reorders. Instead of adding only the items set with a trigger point, the system puts EVERYTHING from the company into a purchase order. This has been reported and unresolved.

Exceptional customer service.

I would recommend been due to any business owner who is looking for a point-of-sale system. It is easy enough to use that any of your employees can learn it quickly.

Pros

The thing I like most about Bindu is the customer service. They are very quick to get back to you, and resolve any issue promptly and accurately. The software contains all of the aspects of running a business, including a time clock, and most importantly very good inventory control program.

Cons

When I first started up with Bindo, they had not experienced working with a drugstore, healthcare company before. Therefore I had to load much of the inventory myself in the beginning. They did however ramp up very quickly and were able to help me in this aspect of the business rapidly.

The WORST POS system ever existed

This app has made my life miserable. I do not get a break because my employees are constantly calling me about issue with bindo.

Pros

the look - modern look, first look you will think it's easy to use and is user friendly

Cons

This software will be your worst nightmare for any restaurant. It continues to freeze, unaccruate data, tickets will not print to the kitchen or print MULTIPLE times which results in wasted food. When you are slightly busy, the application freezes. My team constantly would have to go back to customers to ask what they ordered. There is no real support. This application is complete garbage and anyone...

Too many glitches

The overall experience with this software is very disappointing. On paper it looks to have everything we needed in a Pos system. The problem was that most of the functionality that the software claims to have does not function reliably. I have seen the reviews from years ago where customers felt like beta testers and our experience with the program is the same. When a Pos can't consistently show the...

Pros

Bindo integrates payments through the Pos in house. So there is no need to have a separate processor except american express. The software itself is not difficult to learn.

Cons

The following apply to decimal quantity inventory. -Email receipts do not show the correct quantities on pos sales or invoices. They are rounded up or down sporadically. Sometimes its correct sometimes it's not. -Orders held for longer than 2 hours may be deleted in the system. -The Pos receipt screen sometimes shows a wrong payment amount that was paid. Not great when a customer sees an amount double...

Choose Any POS but Bindo

Pros

There is nothing to recommend about this product or this vendor.

Cons

We used bindo POS for about 10 months. Initially, the program was stable and seemed to offer quite a lot of back-end features (the reports seemed relatively robust). As time went on, we began to experience more and more instability. The entire system would stop working for hours at a time, which meant that we could not process any transactions whatsoever. Our cash counts in bindo would be completely...

A number of the problems you experienced were related to network issues in your store. We wish that we had been more proactive to address those issues, and we apologize for failing to do so. We have since revised our merchant onboarding process to ensure that our merchants have a stable internet connection before getting started with Bindo. Since putting the new process in place, no merchants have experienced the issues described in your review. If you would like to give us another try, we would love to have you back as a customer at any time.

Our company has been using Bindo for a few years now and it has been a great tool.

Easy to build/set up store, ui/ux is great, easy to pick up and cross train, system is well organized, fantastic customer support.

Pros

Ability to place images to the register hot keys, flexible system to make price adjustments on the fly, great connectivity to other hardware elements (print tags, CC reader, scanner), matrix creation ui/ux, reporting tools are also helpful.

Cons

Initially, split payment was tricky, but once a work flow for that is created it's not bad at all. When creating a matrix of colors/size sometimes the images need individual reassignments or uploading for proper display to specific child products.

Bindo Retail POS

I like Bindo and most of its features. I do however have some issues with Bindo. One of our biggest issues is printer connectivity, especially the blue tooth printer. I believe the blue tooth version has been discontinued. Another issue that I've noticed is that it takes a long time for software updates. The current problem that is taking a long time to update is the iPhone app. It doesn't work properly...

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

DEV team/company does not seem to have any sense of urgency to make software logic changes to meet the needs of its customers. They need to add some serious retail experience to their DEV team that really understands how retail works so that their logic is written more flexible. Especially on the permissions side of the software.

Seemingly easy to use but has a lot of problems

The system looks good and is intuitive to use... unfortunately thats about it for positive feedback... this system might be good for a restaurant. I cannot speak for that, but for retail, there is a lot to be desired. Its kind of a lot to get into... beyond that, the system crashes a lot. A LOT. I have had the entire system crash while I was in the middle of a sale 3 times over the course of a month...

Pros

looks good

Cons

crashes all the time, customer service does not know what they are doing

Software excellent for business easy to train employees and great functionality.

Pros

Compatibility with iOS and how easy it is to use for new employees. Our job has employees that are not that tech savvy and this software helps them and eliminate mistakes that were used on our previous software. It's easy to make changes on the fly like adding and removing buttons for events.

Cons

Rarely needed assistance on the weekend and it was hard to contact customer service. Issue was that on some occasions we would ring up a customer and the cash register would not open don't know if it was a software issue or cash register problem.

Bindo is the winner for us!

Pros

It is very easy to use, it looks great, and it works. Bindo does everything we need it to do, simply and efficiently. It looks great, and makes sales super fast and easy, as well as having all the reporting info we need.

Cons

Well, I'd like Apple to hurry up and approve the new Bindo update for iOS8 so that a couple of the glitches in the system can be corrected, but these are so minor. I really don't have anything to complain about.

Decent return on investment

I am satisfied. Good value for the cost and features. They do a good job with request and features. If your a smaller location or quick serve you will be fine.

Pros

It has more customization that other products I looked at, and I anticipate they will continue to develop the product. They do have the ability to manage 90% of the features from a remote location through their web interface which I liked. It does sync with QBO which is huge. Down to the invoice level I am told. Still have not completed that integration just yet. Able to use it in offline mode. Universal on hardware for the most part. They have a live demo.!!!

Cons

The payment integration is not as integrated as you would like to see. They can pass over totals to a third party card reader, but it is not fully integrated. Not a big deal and it works fine. But just something to note. I do think that there support is lacking in staff. They are still a growing company from my perspective and hopefully that will change in the future. I can say items are resolved. I like things to be done quicker but I have higher expectations. I am also not as satisfied with the reports. There are several out there but there should be a Z Report at minimal.

Terrible for what we used it for

I hate using this system and have only hated it more as time has gone by

Pros

For simply tracking the number of people that came through our admission side, this system worked fine

Cons

Too many cons to list: 1) Terrible Customer service- can take days or weeks for them to respond to inquiries 2) System was a mess to use and would have so many problems operating in many different ways 3) Random updates with huge changes to functionality that were unexplained beforehand

One of the best wireless POS systems offered

Bindo has been my retail clothing shop's POS program for two years now. It's very easy to learn and to use (I've checked other mobiles out and had used hard-drive systems for 15 years prior. Does it have its glitches? Sure, what wireless program doesn't. Nonetheless, I've never lost data, it's mobile and full info can be accessed from various devices; customers are impressed with the technology (ha, which makes me look really with it); and Bindo support is quick to answer questions.

Pros

Easy access to inventory and sales data, off-site mobility, report and functionality updates, matrix ability inventory, easy interface with printers, scanners, credit card processors, etc. Free hardware offered with a 3-year contract, and flexible financing available.

Cons

There's a limited number of printers (both receipt and labels) that that can interface, and updates can cause some hardware issues. Nothing that's a deal-breaker, though. Many many reports are available but could use more that are specifically toward a clothing retailer, such as matrix bundling in sales reports. Hopefully, that's one of the constant updates.

Bindo POS

Really user friendly system simple to use for all users from front of house to accounts.

Pros

This Ipad POS is very good at handling the following aspect of our business. Single point of sale real time inventory Graet CRM system supports all our thrid party apps quick customer support and traning

Cons

We have been using the system for 10 months and so far no issues. Only concern is the iPad ware and tear of the screen when we keep touching the same part of the screen all day.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

Ā© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.