Brivo Access Logo

Brivo Access

Simply better security and smart space solutions

Brivo Access Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.87/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I like how the software is straight forward and easy to use. It doesn't over complicate the process.
Our overall experience has been good. It is easy to train new employees on the system.
Constant failure on the Boards, Tech Support is Horrible and Product Fails too much.
There is no way to do this quickly anymore, and now instead of taking me 30 seconds to create rules it takes literally ten minutes... why was this changed. It made the whole process much worse.

RG

Robert G.

Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

Modern Access Control

We spend less time managing the Brivo system than products from our past and more time reaping the benefits of a cutting edge access control platform.

Pros

Brivo has documented processes and documentation on how they are constantly analizing threats and updating system to prevent a data breach. The user interface is very intuitive, even to a first-time-user.

Cons

Feature requests can take a little longer than we like but this is due to the scrutiny and testing involved in launching new features; I suppose this is actually a positive thing. The Brivo team is constantly developing the product and expanding capability in ways that keep it on to of the industry. There is a reason they are the number 1 target for their competition, they absolutely dominate market share in the cloud access space because they are the best product, not because they have the most aggressive marketing strategy.

SK

Spencer K.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Good product, but two requests

The system has allowed us to standardize access to buildings and centrally manage our users' keys. We can limit their access when necessary or lock out building access in emergencies. All of this and more has been very helpful to our organization.

Pros

The web interface is easy to use and effective/stable. Changes seem to propagate to the panels quickly. I really like that the events stream in real-time and that the reports can be scheduled and emailed on the schedule.

Cons

My main complaint is that card numbers do not sync from Active Directory. This means that, every time we assign/reassign a proximity card, I have to log into the interface to change it, even though we already store that in AD. I have requested this before but the company said they wouldn't allow that. An alternative would be API access so that I could integrate it with my existing change process. But you have to PAY for API access?! I've never heard of that before - this is the only service we have with that requirement. Other than that, the system works very well.

JA

James A.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Almost Done

Brivo - Does not get back or follow through with its promises as a company. I can list things we as dealers have been promised and have not one after another. I have to hound them to get any response. It is also very frustrating to see costs going up for fewer services. I do not have an issue with cost increases as long as values are created.

Pros

As a contractor that installs and runs only Brivo as their go-to, I like that I can train any HR person in 1 - 2 hours. turn over is high. so training is imperative to keep the system up.

Cons

It is not close to being done. We are still waiting on things to be finished but they keep adding on to it. So it is good enough to sell but not complete. We have been pushing this for 3 years now. Also, the labelling in the program side is very inconsistent and if you did not use the system much you would not realize just what an issue this is.

JN

Jenny N.

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Workplace Manager review

Great! No issues that I am aware of from an admin perspective, users find it easy enough to install/use on a daily basis. Overall, brivo is reliable.

Pros

Brivo is relatively easy for an non-IT person to manager. Our low voltage vendor installed the physical hardware and helped created doors/etc on the dashboard. Once everything was installed, I was able to create a group for our employees. Management of users (onboarding/offboard/troubleshooting) is relatively easy...I am not our IT support, so when issues scale above my knowledge base I will call brivo support. Luckily I haven't had any issues...so I haven't called support yet. For what it's worth, I have a pretty good base-understanding of access control systems (as in, I can create a group, user, pull some reporting, etc).

Cons

too many apps, why is there a badge app/admin app? would be great to funnel all services/functions under 1 app. I'm actually pretty sure there are three apps.

CS

Cam S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Notification Rules are Now Broken

The old UI was superior and more simple.

Pros

Everything is great about Brivo really. I just have the one complaint.

Cons

Ever since moving to access the notification rules are more cumbersome and time consuming to deal with. Previously, we were able to select from a list that was completely viewable and check off the ones that we wanted. Now we have to scroll through a list and individually select each rule, and then re-open the list again to select another. There is no way to do this quickly anymore, and now instead...

CV

Carolina V.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Good cloud bases System

Pros

It is fairly easy to use. It was very easy to add and remove employees. The app provided a great solution for the end of physical keycards.

Cons

Didn’t like the UI. A few times I tried to access the door my iPhone would open the Apple wallet.

JV

Jamie V.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Brivo Review

We have had a positive experience overall with Brivo. Then one con I listed could be something that I just haven't figured out yet. We have also had to have some assistance from Brivo support and that expereince was very positive.

Pros

The automatic door schedule removes the risk of someone forgetting to physically lock an entrance door at night. Badge access is also great because it is easier to control than using a physical key. Handing out physical keys allows someone access to a building 24/7. With badge access we can control building access.

Cons

I have not figured out how to add multiple schedules to a door. We have one building that I would like to allow to lock around 4pm every Tuesday and Thursday and then unlock again from 6-9pm, but I cannot figure out how to the second time frame. We just end up leaving the door unlocked the entire time.

HR

Hillel R.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Long time Brivo customer

Pros

Brivo is very intuitive and easy to deploy and to use. We are able to centrally manage all access control from a single interface regardless of which office locations the person needs access to.

Cons

I find that the new version of the portal is more difficult to use than the old version. The reporting interface also needs to be redone as it's not very user-friendly.

JH

Joshua H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Love Brivo Access

It's really good.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to do an audit to see who comes in and out of the building

Cons

The occasional outage. We use the mobile app primarily instead of a pin or physical badge. The app outage is the difference between someone having a "good experience" or "bad experience" at our business. The only other thing that bothers me is the ability to not transfer mobile passes when a user gets a new phone. I understand it's a security concern from an IT perspective. The blame gets shifted on the staff when it does. If there was a way to manage the issues that cause outages I would wear a brivo shirt to work everyday. (redundancy in the servers that manage the database)

EJ

Elizabeth J.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Platform needs more adjustments.

Pros

The app allows you to open a door remotely.

Cons

Brivo Classic onair was much more user friendly than the new version. The reporting features are not conducive for large databases. The databases should be able to be sorted more efficiently. When searching for a user name, you have to turn 30 pages of users if the name starts with a commonly used letter.

JK

Jung K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Overview of Brivo Access

My overall experience with brivo as managing and creating users is nice so far.

Pros

-Able to use your (nfc enabled) phone as key card -Able to expire certain cards -Able to suspend some one's access / profile

Cons

-There aren't any apps for admins. -Mobile website is hard to navigate. -Phone as key is a premium feature

JS

Johnny S.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Brivo - a simple easy to use product

Pros

Cons

Occasionally we do have problems with the Brivo system recognizing recent changes. I believe this issue is related to the hardware because restarting the hardware always resolves this issue.

KL

Kris L.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Brivo Assessment

Overall brivo has provided the facility management we needed

Pros

Having the ability to remotely unlock doors has been invaluable

Cons

When the platform was upgraded I had difficulty moving to the new platform with the new administrators code and password it took some time with customer service to figure it out

MB

Mary B.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Solid

Positive but one of our current partners has been disappointing.

Pros

We utilize the scheduling and group scheduling to help control access to our buildings.

Cons

Some of the features are a bit clunky, but that comes with any software. There are always workarounds.

JS

Jeffrey S.

Biotechnology, 201-500 employees

Next Level

We continue to partner with Brivo and grow our business for utilizing Brivo as a premier Access Control solution.

Pros

Brivo Access is easy to use, informative and next level. All features classic On-Air have been expanded into a more comprehensive user interface.

Cons

The user interface is a bit of an adjustment from the older platform, I only hear good things once users have switched and do not want to go back.

CB

Carl B.

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Brivo Access - where did the print features go?

Indispensable

Pros

Ability to open doors, change schedules dynamically on any web pager

Cons

The print features from the previous version no longer available

TC

Terese C.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Prefer old software to New

I was trying to use the new software but it was not user friendly. So, I reverted back to the old software.

Pros

The old software is more user friendly, very easy to use.

Cons

I never figured out the New program. What ever happened to manuals?

GK

Gary K.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Brivo Access solves Access Controls

Very positive experience

Pros

Ease of use, Simple user interface, Ability to manage from anywhere and any device

Cons

When the panels lose power all users are defaulted to out of facility. This causes antipassback issue.

RW

Ron W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

American Red Cross Tucson AZ

Overall the database has been solid which is the most important.

Pros

Over the years it has been very solid , The Database is easy to learn and navigate

Cons

We cannot print working barcodes through this software

PG

Pat G.

Plastics, 51-200 employees

Satisfactory for the most part.

Pros

Integration was handled through our IT department and was easy.

Cons

Reporting features; configuration of reports is poor.

EM

Eric M.

Farming, 201-500 employees

Why I use Brivo

Overall we have had a very good experience with Brivo Systems.

Pros

Ease of access across multiple platforms

Cons

Apple App constantly crashes while trying to access.

RP

Remo P.

Security and Investigations, 1-10 employees

Brivo Access

Pros

Product is easy to use, feature rich and easy to deploy.

Cons

Certain programming features still sitting in Brivo OnAir and not in Brivo Access yet.

LH

Linda H.

Management Consulting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Access Control

Great!

Pros

Ease of adding and deleting decals at a press of a button.

Cons

There should be a way a place to record each decal to a specific vehicle.

Alessia R.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Easy to Usa

Pros

I like that we can deactivate badges down to the hour. It helps with emergencies and with making sure that anyone that shouldn't be allowed does not have access

Cons

Nothing that I have noticed so far, sometimes there are glitches, but that is normal with technology

AY

Alex Y.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great Product for Safety

Pros

The best features are being able to remotely provide access to workers or servicemen I have coming to any of my buildings. I also like that I am able to see what's going on in real time.

Cons

No I truly believe that I am getting what I paid for with this product.