CHEQROOM Reviews

4.55/5 (85 reviews)
Pros
  • pictures and QRcodes
  • easy to add new items easy to check out items
  • Easy to use and to navigate and scheduling is easy.
  • Every aspect of it. Functionality, user friendly interface, awesome dashboard!
Cons
  • only available in english
  • QR code reader needs to be upgraded has trouble reading sometimes.
  • Staff gets a little confused about reserving, checking out and checking back in.
  • Asset restriction to certain users cannot be done without monitoring from external software.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Chris Niewiarowski

Been using it to manage IT equipment checkout and so far it works well.

Reviewed 2018-04-05

many, it's easy to use and web based.

Pros
I like that I can quickly and easily reserve equipment for people when I need to and that I can give users the ability to make reservations themselves. Being web based is a major plus.

Cons
The cost for the product once you get past 50 items is a bit more than i would like, but it get's the job done and i haven't found anything I like more so I suppose it's worth it.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Chris, Thanks so much for such a great review! Happy that you're enjoying the app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :) Thanks again, Katalin

Vlad da Cunha

Best booking software I have ever used

Reviewed 2018-04-06

Pros
New features and adjustments are implemented regularly, support team is excellent and the includes features I need at a reasonable cost

Cons
You can't allocate equipment to different types of users - for example, we have undergraduate and postgraduate students and at times we need to restrict the use of certain equipment to postgrads only, for example.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Vlad, Thanks so much for sharing such a good review. We're so happy that you're enjoying the app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! Cheers, Katalin

Juan Martinez

Best Equipment Manager I've ever Used!

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Pros
The software is intuitive, it helps me keep track of my equipment with ease and accessibility. It is extremity flexible and I have it with me all the time with the iOS App when I get those last minute calls for equipment request. I like that we have equipment in multiple campuses and I get to manage only what's in my campus rather then all the equipment at once.

Cons
There have been 2 times when I couldn't log in to Cheqroom due to server upgrades on their end, but the downtime was fast. Nothing to worry about. Perhaps I wish it would allow me to do bookings or check-outs in the past, like a day or a week ago. I sometimes forget to create the booking and I setup the equipment, but I still want to add the booking to track the equipment and for future justification of equipment and numbers.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Juan, Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review! We're happy that you're enjoying our app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features. :) As always, let us know if we can help you with anything else. -- Katalin

Jonathan Blaylock

Wonderful Service!

Reviewed 2017-03-07

My video production company, Mobile Mod Productions, often sends out company equipment with our team members. We keep a strict schedule and everyone does their best to fill their part. My job is to issue out said equipment (cameras, sound gear, lenses, lighting). This is not an easy feat when we have several crews out at a time handling various jobs. I was becoming bogged down trying to juggle the confusion. Then I came across CHEQROOM and I am beyond grateful I did! Their equipment management software is second to none. The software allows me to have very tidy outline of where and to whom each individual piece of equipment is checked out to. It allows each team member to report, immediately, any malfunctions or repairs the gear may need. We have noticed quite a notable change in our overall maintenance of our gear. I was also able to enhance our deadline completions by utilizing the 'turn-in-your-equipment' warning emails that come along with the service. Any time a piece of equipment's operator was approaching a deadline, they would have a pre-notice of that deadline. This is an all around wonderfully useful tool! I'd highly suggest it to any company that may lend out company equipment to numerous crews! Very user friendly, and though I only needed assistance once, it was the politest costumer service I have ever dealt with. Thanks guys!

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Jonathan, thanks for your kind words and taking the time to write up a review.
Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Ryan Rivard

Very reliable and affordable way to track and inventory equipment.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
The app makes it easy to pick up and use. Tracking equipment is highly efficient when implemented. Tracking the whereabouts of inventory is a much easier process.

Cons
More durable stickers. We've had stickers wear off or the QR code fade over a period of use. It would be useful to have a dedicated app that can be downloaded onto a desktop machine.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Ryan, Thanks for such a great review! Happy to hear how we could help you improve your process. Did you try our mobile app?
We've got brand new and more durable labels -- hope you'll like the new ones better. Sorry to hear about your experience before.
Let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. Cheers!

Dominic Taylor

Good software and one of the few available out there. Great communication from Chase team.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

The ability to track and manage our assets across many projects and people. Better efficiency for other processes in our company.

Pros
The ability to view all your assets with the touch of a button and pull important info about these items.

Cons
The search function is not great. If I want to search for a Nikon 24mm lens, then I can't simply type in Nikon 24mm. I am forced to type in "Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24 mm" or whatever official name it has. Most people don't put things like "AF-S" or "Nikkor" in their search. For admin purposes its important for us to name items under their full official name.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Dominic,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM and happy to hear it has improved the efficiency!

I also wanted to let you know that we have improved the search function, you can read more about it here: http://help.cheqroom.com/learn-more/advanced-searching-in-cheqroom

Hope this solves your problem and if not, feel free to reach out any time! I'd be happy to help and find a solution for you and your team. Best - Mathilde

miguel garcia

cheqroom quality

Reviewed 2017-03-21

The program over all is good. I like some of the features and functions that is comes with. but it could use some more attention in the app portion, the QR code scanner could be a litte better is takes a while and certain angle to ready the QR code or sometimes is can read it at all. it could also use a digital signature like so we can have our guys sign for checkouts through the tablet on the spot since we do construction and most of the time we are on the road and would be easier to just have them sign and email them a copy. I like the product and customer service you guys provide just need some fine tuning . Cant wait to evolve with you guys.

Pros
pictures and QRcodes

Cons
QR code reader needs to be upgraded has trouble reading sometimes.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Miguel! Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM! If you'd still have issues with the mobile scanner, please contact us and we can have a look to see what's wrong. All the best - Mathilde

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Yury Gorbachevskiy

Excellent product for easy asset management

Reviewed 2019-02-05

Keeping track of everything, constant reminders, making sure files are in the right place!

Pros
Every aspect of it. Functionality, user friendly interface, awesome dashboard!

Cons
There could be more features added, better location sorting (custody related sorting). Maybe add more optino of tracking items that were purchased from a company.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Yury,

Thanks so much for this great review!

We'd like to learn more about your filter request, because they do sound very interesting. I'll send you an email to see if we could perhaps find some time this week to go over them in a call.:-)

All the best,
Mathilde

Anonymous

Blown away

It's been really great.

Pros
It just works. It's super intuitive. It's quick to use. It's easy. The QR codes are really fast to scan. It has been a game changer for us.

Cons
It's a little pricey. The software doesn't always recognize my label printer. I wish I could pay in some way other than by the item. I wish there was an educational discount.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey, Thanks so much for such a great review! :) We're glad to offer educational discount. Please drop me an email at katalin@cheqroom.com and I'm happy to set that up for you while also checking your printer issue. Thanks! -- Katalin

Luis Martiz

Cheqroom is the answer to our equipment needs.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

A more organized office suite!

Pros
One of the best things about Cheqroom is their user friendly design. My department has over 40 faculty members of various proficiencies with technology. Cheqroom is an easy to use software that ALL faculty members could use. Setting up an account takes less that 2 minutes and using the software is as intuitive as can be. The fact that we can have unlimited users means our ever growing office is always covered.

Cons
I have not encountered any problems with the software as of yet. The only thing I would recommend is including some of the scanning stickers as part of the package so we can test them out without having to invest MORE money.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Luis, Thanks for such a great review! You just made our day! :) Stay tuned for the new packages and features -- and as always let us know if there is anything else we can do for you and your students. Cheers! Katalin

Lauren Hood

Customer Support was amazing and not pushy about selling to me when I started my free trial.

Reviewed 2018-06-22

I have a streamlined database of equipment available for students to reserve and check out equipment. It is user friendly and very efficient making my job so much easier.

Pros
I love how easy it was to add my equipment to this website. Pictures of the equipment are pulled from a google search to choose from, making it look very professional. And I always know where every piece of equipment is. And the automated emails to students reminding them their equipment is due makes my job so much easier!

Cons
There are a few things that would make it better for my specific needs, but the team at Cheqroom are very receptive in making those changes.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Lauren,

Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review.

We're glad that you love your time so far with CHEQROOM, please feel free to let us know how we can help you get the most out of CHEQROOM!

Thanks again for your thoughts, they mean a world to us. Have a lovely day!

Warm wishes,

Dan Dunn

The software works great for our use and the team at CHEQROOM has been great as we implemented.

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Pros
Ease of use is fantastic. It's easy to bring new team members up to speed. The ability to change out assets quickly is also great.

Cons
I do wish that monetary values could be implemented easier to assets. Most of our uses are internal so monetary values are critical for us yet, but occasionally we need it.

Response from CHEQROOM

Heya Dan,

Hope you are good and thanks for sharing your thoughts, it's really appreciated! So happy to hear that CHEQROOM is working great for you and your team.

I understand monetary values are important and when adding custom fields, you can choose to add a currency. Also, our depreciation and reporting module should come in handy for you, so I've added those to your account.

Feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions, I'd be happy to help!

All the best - Mathilde

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Kristin Cole

It's been relatively good. A few hiccups along the way with changes to the platform but overall fine

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Keeps our items organized and helps me remember what equipment has been checked out to staff which is helpful when doing an employee exit

Pros
Ability to track our equipment, manage check ins and check outs, create notes about the equipment status and history

Cons
That the check out page does not display the specific item name correctly , it displays the type of item

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Kristin,

Hope you're doing great and thank you for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM. I really appreciate it!

I'd like to learn a bit more about the item's name during check-out, since it should be both the name and the type that are listed during check-out. Would you perhaps send me a screenshot of what you see to mathilde@cheqroom.com? I'll do my best to find a solution for you!

Best wishes- Mathilde

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Brett Brady

The app (both web and mobile) are really easy to use and intuitive!

Reviewed 2018-04-02

I love that there is finally something that I can use that tracks our equipment. It has allowed us to keep track of gear that not only our shooters use but also those in the company who need to borrow gear.

Pros
I like that there is already a database of the most common A/V products. But if you need to add your own gear that isn't in the database, it's very simple.

Cons
I wish that it were easier to check out a "one time renter." I would like to have a "quick add" option for those people that I don't want in the system.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Brett,

Hope you're doing great and thank you for writing such a nice review about CHEQROOM. we really appreciate it!

If you don't want to add one time renters to your account, perhaps you can just add their names in the reservation title instead of adding them as a contact? Just a thought! :)

Let me know if you have any questions or have more thoughts you'd like to share, I'm here for you! Best - Mathilde

Joshua Jackson

Great price for the basic plan.

Reviewed 2017-03-21

Cheqroom is great and easy to use. It's making asset management easier. However, I would like to see features that would block certain users from reserving certain equipment. There's also a huge price difference with the intermediate subscription, which makes it hard to upgrade as a non-profit organization, even with the discount. Overall, it's great for the basic subscription if staying under 50 items is achievable and if all users can have access to all assets. If increasing assets and restricting asset usage is a priority, Cheqroom would have to develop some things.

Pros
Easy to use and to navigate and scheduling is easy.

Cons

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for taking the time to write up a review.

We totally get your request for finer grained access control and I'm glad to tell you it's on the roadmap.

We hope we'll be able to delight you with this new feature soon.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Michael Ludwig

Great tool for our video-production

Reviewed 2017-03-27

Cheqroom enables us to keep track on our equipment with minimum effort. It is the tool we were looking for as we do not have somebody who keeps care of all the small and large items we use for recording and producing. Cheqroom makes it possible to have everything organized for two teams with 12 people in each team.

Pros
easy to add new items easy to check out items

Cons
only available in english

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for such a great review!

Let us know if there's anything we can do to make the product work even better for you.

Jasmine Khanam

CHEQROOM has been a massive improvement from our previous equipment management software.

Reviewed 2018-06-20

This software is more flexible and powerful than our previous equipment management software. Those two attributes have made all the difference in buy-in from our users and coworkers.

Pros
The platform is intuitive, mobile-friendly, and packed with powerful admin side tools that help better control our equipment and inventory.

Cons
There are some quirks of the platform that take some getting used to (i.e: navigating to another page after an item search doesn't reset your search screen, as it does in most other programs) but these quirks could also be construed as features for the right user.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Jasmine!

Thanks so much for such a great review! Glad that you enjoy your time at CHEQROOM and thanks for sharing your experience about the search screen.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with, we're here for you.

Cheers!

Salinda Bacheler

A great inventory system!

Reviewed 2018-11-06

Pros
Cheqroom provides our lab with the organizational framework necessary to keep up with lots of different types of inventory - drone aircraft, batteries, and all the associated communications and sensors. It's very helpful to be able to assign inventory to different locations, create kits, flag equipment, and create reservations well in advance of our busy field seasons.

Cons
honestly, no complaints thus far. we've only been using the software for less than a year.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Salinda,

Thanks (once again) for your lovely feedback. It's been a pleasure working with you so far! :-)

I'm glad CHEQROOM has been able to help you track your entire inventory and has allowed you to schedule projects in advance.

If there's ever anything we can help you with, you know how to reach us.

All the best,
Mathilde

Priesh Patel

Easy to use and administer.

Reviewed 2018-04-12

- Ease of use - Loan Asset management - Demo session with a rep - Excellent support from reps - Great user interface - Useful features - New functionality added all the time - No cons

Pros
When I first started to look at this application there was no function to email or automated email to customers when booking a resource or when it is overdue. This feature has been added in and works amazingly. A lot of the feature are beneficially to us and look forward all new features in the pipeline.

Cons
None at the moment but I'm sure if I think of any they will be in the pipeline to be added or improved.

Response from CHEQROOM

Priesh, wow! Thanks so much for such a great review! Stay tuned for the upcoming features -- let us know if you have any trouble. Good to see your team on board! Best, Katalin

Ashley Howe

Cheqroom Is Wonderful!

Reviewed 2017-03-21

Cheqroom has been fantastic, helping us develop and maintain a rental system. We are able to easily hop on the site, see what we have available, assign a board or boat and then mark it as checked out. We can use flags to determine what needs repair, and we are able to keep a running log of everything that comes in and out.

Response from CHEQROOM

Thanks for a great review Ashley!

I hope we can continue to serve you even better and better in the years to come.

Myburgh van Zijl

Great

Reviewed 2018-06-15

Pros
It allows me to do what I need to do. It's a software solution to a administrative problem and it's fairly adequate at this stage.

Cons
There's nothing that I don't like per se. There's always an argument for more customisation, but that's a circular argument.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi there! Hope you're doing great and thank you so much for leaving this great review, we really appreciate it! :)

I've added the reporting and depreciation feature to your account: thought you'd might like them and here's some more information:

- http://help.cheqroom.com/items-and-kits/using-the-reporting-and-data-analysis-tool

- http://help.cheqroom.com/items-and-kits/calculate-depreciation-and-book-value-of-equipment

Let me know if there's something else I could help you with! - Cheers, Mathilde

Matthew Kirby

A pretty useful inventory management software

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Pros
It's syncs across devices very easily. I like that it pulls images from the web. Overall I think this is a great system that is still being developed.

Cons
There are several bits of functionality that are missing. Marking items lost on a check in is one that speaks for itself. I'm not checking in an item (to clear the checkout) then marking it missing. I need this checkout responsible for the loss.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Matthew, Thanks for such a great review! Glad that you're enjoying our product -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
Thanks for sharing your request as well, we'll discuss with the team how we can help there. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Cheers! Katalin

Matt Graf

Cheqroom has saved us from a lot of headache and made us more oganized!

Reviewed 2018-03-27

We are far better organized with our equipment checkin/checkout process!

Pros
Cheqroom has been great for making sure we aren't double-booking any of our equipment. We are more organized and have a lot fewer issues!

Cons
It took us a little while to figure out how to best use Cheqroom and how to best tag items vs kits.

Response from CHEQROOM

Matt, Wow! Thank you so much for such a great review. So glad you are enjoying our app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
And as always, let us know if you run into any trouble, we¿re here for you anytime! -Katalin

Jennifer Remmes

Exactly what we were looking for...

Reviewed 2017-03-21

We were searching for an inventory system that our whole staff could use for our A/V and campaign equipment. Cheqroom was perfect. The price is wonderful and the customer service is great!

Pros
Excellent way for the entire staff to check out the equipment so we can keep track of who is using it and who will need it for the future.

Cons

Response from CHEQROOM

Thanks Jennifer!

Our team is thrilled to hear such good feedback. Please let me know if there's anything else we can do.

Aldo Bacchetta

Replacing our old circulation system with Cheqroom has been nothing but positive. Great application.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Pros
Accessible and user-friendly. Excellent customer support. If you have a problem there is someone ready to chat to solve the issues. The reservations feature is excellent. Easy to enter equipment and keep track of circulation.

Cons
No feature for fining patrons for late/lost/damaged equipment. A bit complicated to track repeat offenders.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Aldo, Thank you so much for such a great review. So glad you are enjoying our app!
We have got the fee tracking solution and blocking contacts on our roadmap already -- stay tuned! :)
Just check out our reports to easily track the ones who are always late with their equipment.
Let us know if you run into any issues, we're here for you anytime! -Katalin