CHEQROOM Reviews

4.55/5 (85 reviews)
Pros
  • Both mobile and web interfaces
  • Manage ability and self checkout setup.
  • The app. Scanning the QR codes makes it easy.
  • Ease of use Simplicity Flexibility Management Options
Cons
  • None
  • Working with kits can be a little kludgy at times.
  • Needs built-in notification system for late returns and checkout info confirmation etc
  • that i cant have multiple items as part of different kits simultaneously.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kristan Singleton

Bringing some sanity to equipment management

Reviewed 2017-03-21

Before CHEQROOM we had a significant (sometimes insurmountable) challenge in ensuring that we knew who had what equipment in the field (typically presentation and communications devices and tools). We also had a hard time keeping track of notes and exception information (e.g., this device is over usage limits, or this device seemed squirrely and the batteries might need changing). CHEQROOM has given us a way to have an effective audit trail of who used which devices and allows those of us managing devices to capture additional information that keeps us from putting poorly functioning equipment in the field. Integrations with Zapier also save us time with reminders and follow-ups to return equipment. It's been a tremendous time saver.

Pros
Both mobile and web interfaces

Cons
Working with kits can be a little kludgy at times.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Kristan,

Thanks for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. Feedback like this means a lot to us!

Let me know if there's anything specific we can do to make our products help you even more.

C.L. Bradford

The best out there for a reasonable price. Not perfect, but they keep improving it.

Reviewed 2017-07-27

Simplifies equipment checkout, allows me to pass that off to student employees.

Pros
It's easy to manage inventory, user accounts, etc. Having it be web-based is great because it's accessible anywhere. Good system for reservations and checkouts.

Cons
It's great to have a mobile app, but UX isn't great (navigation isn't intuitive, takes too many steps to do things) and I find myself just going to find a computer rather than use the app. The service has occasionally been very slow.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Collin, Thanks so much for such a great review! Glad you're enjoying our app- stay tuned for the new features! As always, let us know if we can help with anything else. Cheers! Katalin

Nathan Penner

A little confusing at first. But once your rolling it's great.

Reviewed 2018-06-18

Pros
Nice layout of software. Great that it will connect to photos of the product as you add to your inventory.

Cons
In selfserve settings you can't see the other booking in calander. Would be awesome if people could change another's on user mode. If something is over due it should come up as a pop up that you select and goes directly to it.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Nathan!

Thanks for your review!
Once customizable user role mode is available, we'll notify you, I noted your name with this request!
Feel free to use our automated push notifications to learn about overdue bookings. Hope it can help! Thanks again for your review, we appreciate your thoughts.

Richard Ryan

So far, so good

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Pros
How simple it is to use. The interface is clean, intuitive and helps with day to day operations in managing where all your equipment is.

Cons
Having to print a different SKU for multiple of the same thing. It'd be nice to be able to have quantities of the same SKU for things like batteries so I can have one label and 20 parts instead of 20 unique labels.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Richard! Thank you so much for having taken the time and reviewing CHEQROOM. I understand you'd like to see a quantity option for the same smaller items such as batteries. We have this feature on our roadmap, so feel free to have a look and vote on the ones you'd like to see first. All the best - Mathilde

Mario Venzor

Very Pleased with how easy it is to use.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Easier to manage equipment and enable our staff to check out equipment from the field.

Pros
I like how simple it is to use and how I can track equipment from my phone. I enjoy being able to see all of my equipment with pictures and descriptions when checking out equipment.

Cons
Could use some more reports, but they seem willing to help out. I would like to see a faster way to check equipment back in, maybe with a swipe.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Mario, Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review! Glad that you're enjoying our product -- stay tuned for the upcoming features and reports! As always, let us know if we can help with anything else. -- Katalin

Nieves Morillo

Great way to manage the use of equipment from all parties during a very busy and hectic time.

Reviewed 2017-10-18

One place to communicate on the availability of campaign items as opposed to asking multiple people if they know where things are.

Pros
Helps to maximize our prep time of the materials we use during campaign by showcasing what is available and providing one system to report to.

Cons
People don't follow the instructions and forget to follow the steps for the system to easily function. Maybe there are too many steps for some.

Response from CHEQROOM

Thanks for taking the time to write up a review, Nieves!

Please let us know how we could work on reminding your people to keep following the steps.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Coe Mcininch

Finally! A checkout system we can afford!

Reviewed 2017-03-21

I work at Fitchburg State University and we have Photo, Film / Video, Graphics and Game Design equipment to check out to more than 700 students. Finding a system that works for us has been a long search but Cheqroom has all the features we need and, the program appears to get upgrades and improvements all the time based on customer feedback. and use. The admin side for importing and updating equipment is super simple and checkout aspect is simple to use for my student workers. There are some features we don't use yet and, some features we would like added but, so far, we are definitely impressed! Cheqroom has drastically improved our ability to inventory our assets and and track equipment locations, use and repairs. Thank you !!!

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Coe,

Thanks for taking the time to write up such a great review. We're thrilled to hear you're enjoying CHEQROOM so much.

Eric Carlson

Really easy to use and straightforward. Customer support is very responsive to new feature requests.

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Pros
Cheqroom's user interface is a joy to use and easy to learn. All necessary information is right in front of you and easy to parse.

Cons
Missing some functionality. Check-out process could be improved, but the customer support team is always open to new suggestions and transparent about upcoming features.

Response from CHEQROOM

HI Eric, thank you so much for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM. I'm happy to hear you've been enjoying it so far and feel free to contact us at any time with your questions or thoughts :) All the best- Mathilde

Anonymous

Easy and intuitive to use. Has fundamentally changed how we manage our equipment

Reviewed 2018-03-29

Pros
It's intuitive and helps us keep track of our equipment. Since using Cheqroom, we have reduced the amount of loss and improved tracking.

Cons
I don't like the pop-up in the bottom. It calls attention away from what I want to do and it requires me to close it out every single time.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey there, Thanks so much for your great review! Glad to hear that we could help you improve your tracking and reduced the loss! Stay tuned for the upcoming features!
As always, let us know if we can assist you with anything else. Thanks, Katalin

Cecil Felton

Cheqroom Review

Reviewed 2017-04-10

I had a great customer service experience. I contacted our rep and he helped me out with a custom label template. We have a policy in which students must make the equipment request two days prior to pick up. Also, there is not equipment check over the weekend, due to the office being closed. I would like to request an update in which I could customize the system to correlate with our policies. For example, requestors could not schedule a same day pick up. The day of the request and the following day would not be available and, Saturday and Sunday would be un-selectable as well.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Cecil! First of all: thank you for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM. It really means a lot. Also, I'm happy to let you know that we are going to implement the business/school hours very soon, so I'll send you a message when it's activated :) All the best - Mathilde

Don Marin

Great. Love the User Interface and how simple it is to use.

Reviewed 2018-06-18

Piece of Mind

Pros
How easy it is to add new gear to your existing inventory. Cheqroom was exactly what i was looking for when it comes to tracking and identifying our offices camera gear.

Cons
that i cant have multiple items as part of different kits simultaneously.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Don!

Thanks for such a great review! Glad that you enjoy your time with us.

Let us know if you have questions, we're here for you.

Anonymous

Keep up with your inventory

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-04-03

Pros
It's fast to see where your equipment is with this with the overview page

Cons
Logging things in and out can sometimes feel clunky, so using the app takes longer than manually checking things in and out with the web interface.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about CHEQROOM!

I'd love to learn more about how you've been using the mobile app to complete Check-outs, because there are actually a few different ways to go about it. :-)

If you would see my reply on your review, feel free to send an email to this address: mathilde@cheqroom.com.

I'll be looking forward to your message!

Best wishes,
Mathilde

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Ricky Chilcott

Good software and is improving

Reviewed 2017-03-21

Cheqroom has helped us really start to develop a good process around tracking our equipment rooms assets. Web-based reservations and checkouts have been a great improvement for our college. Cheqroom's support has been helpful as we've started to roll out the software and they are open to feature requests (and following up when they get launched).

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Ricky,

Thanks you so much for your review!

We're continually improving our software. Please keep your ideas and feedback coming.

Micah Livesay

While Cheqroom is lacking some core features the overall product is amazing thus far.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

Pros
It is intuitive and well thought out. The features available are well thought out and implemented in a way where the team obviously understands what is needed from an operational perspective.

Cons
It is lacking some core features we need, many of which are already on the way. For example, a minimum notice period for a user to make a self-booking. Allowing certain users to only access certain items in the inventory as well as metrics on the use of gear.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Micah, Thank you so much for such a great review. So glad you are enjoying our app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
Check out our reports and inventory access restriction modules and and as always, let us know if you run into any trouble. We're here for you anytime! -Katalin

Victor Klaus

CHEQROOM was just what I was looking for...

Reviewed 2017-03-21

I've been tired of losing and misplacing hard drives, as well as other items we often loan out to freelancers. Cheqroom has helped keep track of what goes where. The phone app makes it really easy to scan and check an item out to someone.

Pros
The app. Scanning the QR codes makes it easy.

Cons
I wish I could give custody or a check-out without having an email/phone number and full "contact" for someone. It's been easier as I've built up my contacts, but would love to just use a name and add email or phone number later. Seems it makes me do that first before I can give custody in the app.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Victor,

So glad to hear you like our software so much!

We're definitely working on your suggestion about the full contact info. I'll ping you by email once we have improved it.

Jeff Dubbeldam

Getting our assets managed with Cheqroom has been quick and easy.

Reviewed 2018-06-27

Quick control of our assets.

Pros
We're able to see where our equipment is at and who has it at any given point in time. It's also nice when working with multiple locations where the equipment is sent out from.

Cons
It's not as flexible as I would like, in terms of customizing how certain actions are called. We use this software in a customer facing environment, so it would be nice to have notifications of when a customer is automatically contacted.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for your great review and for sharing your thoughts with us.

Happy to hear that you got better and faster control of your assets.

Let's discuss your customization requests and how we can help with our auto notifications for your customers.

Anonymous

This management software has a very easy implementation and saved me from reinventing the wheel.

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Equipment fleet management, asset tracking, financial organization of information about equipment.

Pros
Simple check in procedures with use of any bar code format you use. Data storage within the program is customizable and very helpful with licensing, pricing, warranty dates, and maintenance.

Cons
I have had very few problems with this service. The few times I had questions or problems the Cheqroom support was very helpful.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey there, Thank you so much for such a great review. So glad you are enjoying our app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
Feel free to check out our reports and depreciation module to help you organize financial information as well.
And as always, let us know if you run into any trouble, we're here for you anytime! -Katalin

jennifer nabors

Customer service is exceptional

Reviewed 2018-04-04

Pros
I like the flexibility I have seen so far, however I am still playing with it that it can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons
Was just a little bit harder for me to understand without reading the how to instructions. I am adding that it should also have a phone app.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for the nice review and feedback. We will be working on instruction videos, plus, you can find our free mobile app in the App Store and on Google Play! Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to help! - Mathilde

Michael Cardenas

Organized and easy to use

Reviewed 2017-03-21

Cheqroom is a great tool for any business to manage inventory, and the amount of information you're able to add to each item makes it easy to keep track of single items. Checkouts are easy, the pdf agreement you can generate helps a lot in keeping track of your business, and the layout of the website is overall user-friendly and good-looking.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Michael,

Thanks very much for such a great review!

We work really hard on making your life as an equipment manager a lot easier. Please let me know if there's anything else we can do to make CHEQROOM even better.

Meaghan Meachem

Solid Product -- Easy to Use

Reviewed 2017-03-21

We use Cheqroom in a college environment where about a hundred students are checking out gear on a daily basis. This program is easy to set up and helps us manage our equipment better than anything we've used in the past. I would highly recommend it to an organization of any size who needs to manage gear effectively.

Pros
Ease of use Simplicity Flexibility Management Options

Cons
None

Response from CHEQROOM

Wow Meaghan, thanks for the splendid review!

Please let me know if there's anything we can do to make your equipment-management life even better :).

Adam Simmons

Worth it for self checkout setup.

Reviewed 2017-03-27

Got this just this year. Trying to get it setup for a user base of about 1k across 9 office locations. Works great UI could use some tweaks but people get it quickly.

Pros
Manage ability and self checkout setup.

Cons

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Adam! First of all, thanks for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM. Second, I'd like to mention that we now have the automated email notifications set up! It would be great if you could have a look and let us know what you think :). All the best - Mathilde

Nathan Hartman

Great product. Still working out the bugs

Reviewed 2017-03-21

This is hands down the best reservation software I've ever used. Only downside is that there is sometimes bottlenecking of bandwidth that slow down things to a crawl. I've been assured this is being fixed though and their customer support always answers in less then 24 hours.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Nathan,

Thanks a lot for taking the time to review our software.

I can already let you in on a secret... we have some huge improvements coming for the speed and responsiveness of our apps.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on it.

Seth Andersen

Great solution to a tough problem.

Reviewed 2017-03-21

I manage several hundred thousand dollars worth of equipment for a New Media School. Cheqroom not only helps me keep track of it, but the mobile features and ease of reservations get that gear into my students hands more easily. Also the support is amazing and super responsive. Sometimes problems are fixed within hours. Really great company all around.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hi Seth,

Thank you for an awesome review of our software! Looking forward to serving your and Colorado Mountain College for many years to come. :)

Jono Taberner

efficient, intuitive, quick

Reviewed 2018-06-21

It's stopped kit double booking - crews didn't talk to each other enough!

Pros
IT does exactly what we need, We can see what kit is available for any jobs and helps us keep track of kit that needs repairing

Cons
The label printing doesn't have templates for a lot of every labels, and it's a bit awkward to print them manually

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey Jono!

Thanks so much for such a great review! It just made our day. Happy to hear that you enjoy the app and that we could help you stop double booking!

I'd love to assist you with the Avery labels, so let's get in touch to see what we can help with. Thanks again for your review!

Anonymous

Satisfied so far, but it's early days

Reviewed 2018-06-22

Organisation of our equipment and ability to have a record of usage.

Pros
The software is very simple to and extremely user friendly. The auto complete and image search for adding items is a god send.

Cons
The software lacks the ability to assign multiple users to a booking. Something that would be helpful for me.

Response from CHEQROOM

Hey there!

Thanks so much for such a great review! Happy to hear that you enjoy the app and that you love the auto complete image feature!

Thanks for the new feature suggestion, please feel free to follow and vote on our developments: www.cheqroom.com/roadmap

Have a good day!