CleanMyMac X Reviews - Page 2

A Godsend!

I really love it and would recommend it to any Mac user.

Pros

My Mac is old and getting slow, a bit like myself! However, by using CleanMy Mac on a regular basis, two or three times a week, it gets rid of clutter and speeds things up again. It also has great virus protection.

Cons

The only inconvenience with this software is that other apps like Safari have to be shut down to get optimum results.

My experience with CleanMyMac

I have used several other buff it up systems an all I can say is I am using the best!

Pros

CleanMyMac has all the tools to keep my system clean and fully operational and E-Z to use!

Cons

Change the colors on the background,,,, OK

Easy way to keep Macs clean!

Pros

This software has a user-friendly interface, which makes operation a breeze for inexperienced users. At the same time, there’s a great amount of detail available for more advanced users. Overall it does a fantastic job of keeping machines running.

Cons

I would love a visualizing element, so I could see a graphic representation of space usage on my machine.

One click for all your Mac maintenance

My Mac has been less sluggish, faster and more responsive.

Pros

One click maintenance does it all. Of course you can as well as select the the task manually instead of the smart scan. I especially love the uninstall function, it ensures every bit of the app is removed. Oh yes, not forget to mention the application updater too.

Cons

It is a bit too pricey. Not really into subscription based.

Preventative MAINTENANCE made easy

Keeping computers clean and running smoothly has been both a revelation and joy to use this software and have all the jobs done for you

Pros

ease of use and built-in scripts make maintenance a simple task

Cons

some of the settings seem to be GLOBAL in nature, such as wanting to remove e-mail attachments routinely by default. It would be more helpful if this setting could be turned on/off in preferences/settings.

Terrific and easy to use

It just keeps my i Mac running as if it was new.

Pros

I choose when to use it and I know it cleans my i Mac 27" 2 TB with ease and speed. Totally reliable and does not interfere or conflict with any of my videos and files.

Cons

I must admit there is nothing I dislike at all about CleanMyMac X Its the best product I have used and works in the background when required.

I have an old macbook air...

Pros

My 2015 macbook air relies on CleanMyMac X to function. Simple and ease to use.

Cons

Nothign really. I use this to keep my macbook air trucking along.

Extremely happy

Exactly what was needed and it does a perfect job !!

Pros

What isn’t there to like. It does exactly what it says on the tin and keeps my computer running smoothly. My computer is my life and used everyday so if it went I would be without.

Cons

Bit disappointed that I paid for something then don’t have access to it all.

CleanMyMac - A Must for A MAC Owner

I was skeptical at first but it has exceeded my expectations. It is easy to use, keeps a million pieces of garbage off of my machines, and protects against any virus manifestation. It is simple and effective and better than anything that Apple recommended. I have used it for several years and is the first thing I install with a new computer upgrade.

Pros

The software is easy to use and I have it installed in all 3 MACs that I have in my home. It speeds them all up, gets rid of unwanted clutter, and keeps the machines from being infected. It even reminds me that it's time to run which helps me stay on top of keeping my computers safe and effective.

Cons

I didn't think to install it sooner. It is a terrific product that keeps up with the various MAC OS upgrades.

I deleted the product from my Mac

Overall good but severe user experience issues.

Pros

It cleans up unnecessary files and saves space

Cons

It asks me on a weekly basis to buy the software, even though I already purchased it. I even followed the guideline from the support but the software kicks me out again and again. This is so frustrating, that I finally deleted the software from my computer.

Good All-In-One Tool

I switched to a Mac afters years of using a PC. Needed a tool that could assist with various "clean-up" and "optimization" tasks to keep my computer running smoothly. The experience is smooth, easy to navigate and I enjoy the fact that various tasks are broken up. You can choose to perform as many or as few as you wish and they give you an assessment before running the final action.

Pros

Having a single tool with multiple features makes CleanMyMacX a breeze to use when it comes to having multiple team members.

Cons

The only negative with this software is that it sometimes asks me to sign in or re-verify my license. Not a difficult task, but shouldn't really happen.

Indispensable

Pros

Visually pleasing Easy to use Effective Nicely laid out

Cons

Not much really - would like to be able to use on 2 computers on same licence

Keeping my system working

I’ve been very satisfied with the product

Pros

It is especially attractive to me the way that the program scans the entire device to ensure that even the hidden efforts of those who might like to threaten my system stability cannot hide from clean my Mac X

Cons

I honestly do not have any features that I don’t like there are a few things I don’t quite understand with my limited computer skills but again that’s a positive because the system understands things I don’t know

A must have for the toolbox

I can’t imagine running my Mac without this utility.

Pros

I mostly enjoy getting disk space back on an SSD.

Cons

Early on, I found it would purge temporary files used by an online backup service. This caused my backup to restart from scratch each time. Either MacPaw has fixed this or the backup service changed things because now it’s great.

Love CleanMyMac

Excellent product. Would recommend to anyone who uses a Mac product.

Pros

Very easy to use. It optimizes my Mac and makes it easy to keep it running smooth.

Cons

Would like to see more descriptions on removing files and if they affect the operating systems. Not sure if I should remove some of the files or not so I choose to leave them.

Best in Class

My experience has been excellent. It is easy to use and works quickly given the amount of tasks that it completes.

Pros

Speed, efficiency, and cost. Support is easy to obtain, friendly and responsive.

Cons

There is not anything to dislike. I would like to see this company offer more high quality products beside CleanMyMac and Gemini.

Muy buena.

La aplicación es muy buena. Le hacen mejoras periódicas. Lo único malo es que es muy costoso.

Pros

La calidad del mantenimiento realizado al computador es muy buena.

Cons

Me gustaría que se pudiera optimizar lo que el icono en la barra de tareas muestra. Es decir escoger Se muestra la memoria RAM, la temperatura y demás

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

On my MUST HAVE list

Very pleased with CleanMyMac X. Have been using this for over 5 years

Pros

Ease of use and effectiveness. I use it to get rid of bloat and uninstall programs properly.

Cons

A little more granularity for the cleaning would be helpful, to retain some essential login info to web sites.

A must for Mac users.

Love it, plain and simple. Can’t have my Mac without it.

Pros

The uninstaller is a lifesaver, somehow Apple has not been able to give enough info uninstalling apps and it always feels like there is junk left behind. Not with CleanmyMac. Love that feature. It’s easy to lose track of installations and bulky files, translating into “when and how did I fill up my HD?”, the tools for large file search and file exploration on when was the last time you used the files or apps help out a lot too.

Cons

Having to pay for it ;) it should be bundled with every Mac product. But worth every penny.

I Like to Keep My Mac (and My Desk) Clean and Tidy

I started using CleanMyMac years ago when I was working as a Production Direction for a magazine. I researched and trialed several different products and ended up purchasing licenses for myself and our designers. I've been very pleased with the product. It has a sleek and straightforward interface, works quickly, and keeps me in control. I also appreciate the timely updates. When I started my own company a couple years ago, I bought an iMac and a MacBook Pro, and I added CleanMyMac licenses to both.

Pros

The user interface is clean and organized, and the process descriptions are very clear.

Cons

I changed a few defaults to my liking. Specifically, I didn't like how often it reminded me to empty the trash. But customization is pretty simple.

One of the best Mac Softwares ever!

A solid software with excellent features which helps improve your Mac experience.

Pros

It’s UnInstaller feature. It cleans up any residue of the deleted software efficiently and speedily.

Cons

Honestly. I don’t see anything negative with this software. It has everything I wanted and more.

Swiss army knife!

So far good! my computer is running fast and clean im actually looking to get another license for a new computer!!

Pros

The ease of use and option to keep my Mac working fast malware free and also to find old big files that are no longer needed

Cons

i don't have something I don't really like

Keeps my Mac running smoothly

Best maintenance tool on the market.

Pros

Removing unused temp files, and optimizing my Mac, and checking for malware. Essential for optimizing Mac performance.

Cons

No complaints. There is nothing I would change about CleanMy Mac

Must have tool for every Mac

Pros

A perfect all in one tool to help you clean and speed up your Mac. Well designed and easy to use, with nifty features spread throughout.

Cons

The background running menu bar app sometimes will take up a significant amount of memory on my computer

Keeps my Macs running efficiently

I have used CleanMyMac X on all of my machines for years and wouldn't switch to anything else! The rich feature set and ease of use are a big plus for me. It gives me peace of mind knowing my Macs are protected and running smooth and efficiently every single day.

Pros

I love that I can run CleanMyMac X every month (or more often) on all my Macs and know that it is checking for all the things that impact the performance of my machines. I rely on my Macs daily and CleanMyMac X gives me the peace of mind that things are running as fast and efficiently as possible.

Cons

I don't have a "least" to like about CleanMyMac X. It covers everything I need!