CoConstruct Reviews

4.7

How would you rate CoConstruct?

Pros

The program has been really great for improving our tracking and management of changes and decisions. The software continues to improve and add features, which is great and the support is excellent.

ll

lynn l.

It's also great to know that they are continually working to improve this software to make it even more user friendly for construction companies.

JC

Jen C.

Not all clients will use it, but those who do love it. We use the mobile app on our iPhones and it's great to add quick notes in the field or look up important information.

MS

Mike S.

WM

Wendy M.

AB

Aayah B.

Problems with entering taxes. Uses a text format rather than Word in Proposal/Estimate section.

AB

Aayah B.

CoConstruct for the win

We are a small custom home renovator & home builder and co-construct allows us to compete with larger companies for the same projects. Gives us a professional foot forward with proposals and gives clients access to the project via job logs.

Pros

Cloud based, intuitive, limits rework, improves communication, captures important project information

Cons

Schedule program can be improved. Still way more intuitive than Office Project, which was used before.

Co-Construct is an amazingly helpful tool. It brings everything you

Pros

Co-construct allows you so much latitude it's crazy! you can mould each job to the particular client and their specific needs, communication is centralized and can be specific to any part of the job making it simple to find information and communicate with the client, you can keep track of important budget information and share with the client your progress and where the costs are sitting the entire...

Cons

their is very little that i do not like about co-construct. If there was one area i would like to see some imporvement it would be in the todo section. I feel like they could be a little more detailed. In the set up it would be nice to be able to assign a date for the todo, and also updating the todo with notes on progress. I may just not have been using them long enough. I worked for Edward Jones for 7 years and have to say they have amazing software for todo and task tracking. You might like to pick their brains if you can.

Co-construct changed my life!

When I started in the remodeling industry a couple of years ago I really didn't know what I was getting into. I was quickly overwhelmed with the amount of minutiae to keep track of and the relationships these details have on each other. Not only did it make my life crazy it was hurting our bottom line, affecting client relationships, and staff effectiveness, especially people in the field. Today I get more done in less time and everyone who is using the software loves it. We are still learning features and functionality - implementation is a long-term commitment. But for me the impact was immediate and I learn something new every day.

Pros

Scheduling is a breeze! The functionality makes it easy to update and notify trades. As selections get refined this too makes communication with clients much cleaner and timely. Plus everyone that needs to be is kept in the loop. Also, you don't have to worry about making a mistake - these are really easy to fix and the Co-construct support staff are exceptional and fast.

Cons

Co-construct will require rethinking the way you do things. Old habits can be hard to let go but for those things you regard as non-negotiable Co-construct support staff will help you find a way to adapt yourself and/or the software to meet a variety of needs. Greater flexibility with financial software integration would be helpful.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a custom home builder building high-end houses costing $700,000 on average. We are now starting to build more project homes and are attempting to build more volume into our business. Over the past four years it has been difficult to run a business in this economic environment. The upside of this is that it has forced us to look for new and streamlined ways to run and communicate within our business. That...

Cons

Running my business is so much easier!

Great program, great customer service!

Pros

CoConstruct is very intuitive. My customers love being able to have a hands-on experience during their remodeling projects. I love the organizational capabilities. Having this kind of control over my business is amazing!

Cons

Would love to see more (complete) mobile functionality and a gantt chart that can drill down to minutes....what an amazing help that would be!

Great for my Custom Home Building Company!

We use this mainly for client communication, daily log and picture and document distribution.

Pros

The two features that I like the most are: The customer communication and the scheduling. Most of the other features are similar to similar products but these two features stand out!

Cons

I do not use all of the features on this platform but they are similar to other products in this category. The iPhone App could use a refresh at the time of this review.

So Far So Good

Great so far. I have limited experience with other dedicated construction software, and this has so far been the best I have used.

Pros

Schedules, To-Dos, and Job Logs have been the three features with most immediate impact for us: 1. Schedules are easy to use, view, and track, and their accessibility/editability from multiple locations (specific project or overall Task Manager view) is wonderful. Printing out multi-project views from the Task Manager page is a bit wonky from a formatting standpoint, but functionally a crucial feature...

Cons

I am still new to using this program, so most complaints I have now will probably be resolved through discovering new software functions over time. The customer service hotline is excellent, and the Search Help Center zendesk site is a great resource for DIY problem-solvers.

Improving communication with clients, suppliers, and craftsmen is easy with Co-Construct

My husband and I implemented this homebuilding project management software in February 2016 and immediately began seeing streamlined communication with our suppliers and clients. We were able to build a custom 2800 sf home for a family who only made 3 visits over the 5 month period. Weekly photos were uploaded for progress on their home and messages with suppliers and the homeowner were all in one...

Pros

I love the structure and intuitiveness of the product. Most clients are able to work their way through the application with minimal instruction.

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility in templates and on the cost models offered.

Great organizational tool for our business!

I think a step by step start up kit would be a good idea. Do this first, then that, then this and so on. Separate it by category. Estimators work on their thing, office managers have theirs and project managers do as well. Those departments can explain things to the others once they understand them better. Trying to learn the whole program is impossible at first. We are more than 1yr in and still learning new things.

Pros

The scheduling feature is what I like best. I am the project manager for our company and having schedule templates with predecessors is a big time saver. Communicating with clients and trade partners together is also easier than being the middle man and repeating things twice. This keeps me in control, but lets all of us talk.

Cons

There is a lot to learn and it takes a long time and a lot of errors to get it so it's working well for us. There is only so much you can learn at once. Co-construct has camp that we went to in the beginning, but trial by fire and calling the support line is the only way we have learned. Great support center!

Making paperwork easy!

For businesses that are not using this product/program, I find it hard to understand how they can stay on top of their construction processes and costs. This program keeps you in check and on schedule.

Pros

Easily find what you are looking for, whether its a selection, a date in the schedule or a variation Great for interaction with the client, you can instantly send them a message/email and you are notified as soon as they reply Keeps all the information in one place You cant make a mistake that cannot be rectified The 'To Do' feature is a great tool for reminders or chasing up things that need to be done

Cons

The only bugbear I have is that you have to go into both 'change choice' and 'update status' to lock your selection., where as if the 'update status' was in the same section, you wouldn't have to go into 2 tabs and could save a little time.

Excellent product !!!

I am able to provide my potential customers with a quote fast and that was the biggest problem we had and now it is easy and in timely manner, which helps us get more projects. I can track my Trade partners and change schedules efficiently. The best thing is being able to track the project expenses and change orders by the client.

Pros

How easy it is to use, it makes our daily work much more efficient and productive. it stream lines all of our spreadsheets into one place, customers and trade partner information availability is available now in a click of a button. The set up and support team has been amazing so far. feels that Customer Care actually cares about your successes.

Cons

I am not able to provide feedback regarding what I didn't like since So far it has been great and meets all of our expectations.

This reviewer only left a rating

I work for a small, family run Design & Build firm. Early last year, we started looking for a tool that would help us with our project management when we stumbled across Co-construct. It wasn't exactly what we were looking for, but came close enough; plus it had a lot of neat features for making communication between ourselves, our clients and our suppliers very easy while eliminating our previous...

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a remodeling and restoration company. We were founded in April 2012 along with an on-your-lot home builder to fund a non-profit organization, ELM. ELM is a non-profit organization that specializes in assisting those that have fallen on difficult times to have a hand getting through those times and regain self-sufficiency. I began looking for software in June 2012 to aid in the estimation...

Great Project Team Communications

Pros

The communication and contextualization of information is awesome. I love that everything for a project can be found in one place and shared to all the people on the team that need it. I love that homeowners can have a voice that is not my text inbox and the information goes to more than just me so it is acted on. I love that team at Co-Construct is constantly listening and working to improve the software to better fit my team, my trade partners and my homeowners requests. I love the integration with QB. And last but not least I love the mobile app.

Cons

On the homeowners side there is not currently a search bar and it makes it hard for homeowners to find specific information. Other than that its really a great software.

Almost 10 Year Users

I believe we were early adopters in early 2010 of a new product. Its been a pleasure to watch it evolve and get more sophisticated, and incorporate ours and others feedback. While many of the accounting integration aspects are un used by us it clear they have been responsive to users requests.

Pros

Selections and Money We are a very custom builder and the selections tab allows for thorough and documented communication of a choice. The financial tab allows for easily keeping the client current on investment expectations, especially as they make choices in selctions.

Cons

Not much, but if I had to say one thing it might be the schedule. It has evolved a lot in the almost 10 years we have used it, but it still can be glitchy and not as sophisticated in some ways as MS Project which we moved from.

Might have saved our business

We began using CoConstruct after several years of growth made our business completely unmanageable. Our old "mom and pop" systems weren't working anymore, and we needed a way to consolidate information and communicate with our entire team. CoConstruct has been a business-saver. Even though our financials were strong before CoConstruct, our frustration and stress levels were through the roof, and we almost threw in the towel just to get relief. But CoConstruct has eliminated so many of the headaches that we've been able to get our heads back above water and breathe.

Pros

Super features designed with contractors in mind Time clock feature makes billing so much easier Incredible, fast, friendly customer service Excellent training available

Cons

Big learning curve to get beyond the basics of use (but it's worth it) Client login hasn't been practical for our target market, so communication is still split between CoConstruct and email Seems to be geared more toward new construction, but can be used for remodeling with some tweaks

CoConstruct for residential builders

Co-Construct allows me to be on top of the all aspects of my projects regardless of what stage they are at. Single data entry is fantastic and the program synchronises well with QuickBooks. Quite simply - the program allows me to better organise and run my construction business.

Pros

Simple data entry that is done once Quality project management system Easy to develop specification presented in a professional manner Simple and effective financial management system that includes invoicing

Cons

It does not have an integral estimating capability; this requires the maintenance of another capability. The ability of the program to ingest data from estimating software is limited.

Hi Craig -- Thanks for the feedback. We've got some upcoming enhancements later this year on importing estimates for our builders and remodelers who prefer to do their estimating elsewhere. We also have some other tools coming to add even more power to our fully integrated estimating solution within CoConstruct. So, either way, it sounds like we're working on some new features that should help you get more out of the system.

Awesome...

With any given technology there is always a learning curve when trying to implement. Co-Constructs team collaborated with our team to walk us through the implementation. We implemented over 4 months and then attended the training in Charlottesville . Great experience in Charlottesville and worth the trip.

Pros

Scheduling...we process over 3-4 jobs a week and juggling the puzzle of our team and the trades was time consuming. Co-Construct allows us to do scheduling in about 1/10th f the time it took before. A nice by-product for our clients was the access they have online. It helped us with scheduling yet inadvertently was a huge benefit to our clients. Finally it allowed us to have our entire team on the same page (Subs, trades and employees).

Cons

Little bit of a learning curve in getting our subs and trades on board.

I looked at the program for 18 months before starting and a year using

Pros

All your project information is in one place, and it files itself depending on what item it is. The approvals are the best because you can submit your variations to the client, and they can click to confirm, which is like money in the bank. I have been promoting full payment of variations on approval, which is a big change from sending my money and time to provide variations to then spend more time...

Cons

I have always consider that American contractors have had a higher profile or standing in their country than builders perhaps in Australia. And hence, there is no one in Australia putting out a program like this. So what I like the least would be the language used, as we use different terms in Australia, and the main issue is explaining the differences to my clients.

CoConstruct will allow my company to grow in an orderly fashion

Keep up the good work. You've got an awesome product.

Pros

I can't say enough positive things about CoConstruct. After attending the "CoCamp" training last week I am currently setting up all of my projects, leads, and prospects in the system. The growth of my company has brought about certain challenges that we had been struggling with but now that we have C0Construct, we have the means to not only solve those growth related issues but also the ability to...

Cons

At this point I don't really have any cons about the system. One thing that I'd like to see become available is a more detailed CRM system that offered an automated email followup capability for leads and inquiries.

CoConstruct has benefited our Company

Overall, we are glad we made the switch. The comparsion between BuilderTrend and Construct is close.... We have not use the estimating tools yet as we still use excel. Plan to make the change soon... This could be the tool that sets CoConstruct apart from BuilderTrend....

Pros

The Gantt chart is first rate in scheduling. If you are a MicroSoft project user, this is a perfect fit. Customers seem to like it so far as does the sub Contractor base. We ended up making a switch from BuilderTrend to CoConstruct mostly due to the scheduling features.... BuilderTrend lacked Subtask in the Gantt chart viewing each task as a separate line item. I want to total duration of the foundation installation with each subtask involved. Not just have Foundation as a single task....... outside of those few items, everthing is worked good. I would definitely recommend trying to see if it fits your needs........

Cons

Expensive compared to BuilderTrend but worth the extra for the addtional Gantt functions. No way of tracking sub contractor insurance certificate expirations under the vendor section. CoConstruct said set up as individual "ToDo's". No thank you...... Lastly document management seems a little cumbersome. Requires searching through allot of files to find a files. You can filter by apppling a tag but if the sub doesnt know how you tagged it, the search can be frustrating. That is the feedback we have gotten from the subs.

Overal great value for the money, lacking a some robust features

Customer service is truly top notch, any questions whatsoever they will walk you through. Definitely take the training because some of the features are a bit difficult to understand without a coach guiding you. They do not charge for training. Overall its an "OK" platform, good value and somewhat easy to use. The features it is missing compared to BuilderTrend somewhat justifies the price difference....

Pros

The price is better than the competition, unlimited prospects, unlimited in warranty statuses. There is a customer portal however it is lacking features. site design is simple, relatively easy to use.

Cons

Features are a little light compared to builder trend. Selection process is really painstaking No import option for price catalogues or bidding software i.e. ClearEstimates Plan "rooms" are difficult because you need to have separate files in multiple locations for various people. Ideally having a file i.e. blueprint and setting permissions would be the easier option.

This reviewer only left a rating

I am the operations manager for a small infill builder in Denver. Frustrated with our current scheduling software and its shortcomings, I searched the Internet for a program geared towards custom homebuilders. Most of what I came across was targeted for the larger builders and was too cumbersome for a small custom builder. After weeks of searching and looking at demo programs, I came across Co-Construct....

Disappointing

Initially, we thought it was ok. Every day we worked, however, we found more and more workarounds. they far outweighed the positives early on. Truth is, the salesperson had MORE than enough information to know that we wouldn't be a good fit, but they lied to us. As a service-based business, this is a joke of a program. It's made for companies with FEW customers and FEWER jobs. If you're trying...

Pros

The customer integration is nice. The system was stable even out in the field.

Cons

The customer service STUNK. The sales staff knew FULL WELL what we needed and why, and they lied to us to get the sale. 6 months in we found out the REAL answer of the Quickbooks integration - basically it sucks. We were looking to eliminate places of duplicate entry - not create more. Document management is horrible. basically a DOS system where you can't even scroll in between photos. Lack of ability to have a customer, be a trades partner, be a subcontractor - which happens all the time.

Wendy, Thanks for sharing your experience with us. This isn't the typical feedback we receive + we always strive to provide top notch service to our customers. I want you to know that we've heard your feedback + will reiterate to our sales team the importance of ensuring a good fit. We're specifically designed for custom home builders and remodelers, but many other businesses, like yours, can find...

Terrible Construction Management System and Service

This service is no longer worth it. The app never works, it upsets alot of customers because they can't pay their invoice and have login problems. Technical support responds in a way that is similar to saying "oh well" or what would you like me to do about it" or "it is what it is". Those are highly unacceptable answers for 200.33 a month. Time to finally transition to ProCore and let Co-Construct keep their mess. I rather pay the higher fee for a service that won't drive away my customers.

Pros

Job costing Ability not communicate in one system Ability to share photos and documents

Cons

Excessive messaging even when it's turned off Constant issues with login on customer end Constant issues with the payment system Hates QuickBooks Problems with entering taxes Uses a text format rather than Word in Proposal/Estimate section No 24 hour customer support No solutions available to fix issues Cost more than it's worth when half of the system is having problems on a daily basis Price

Aayah -- This is Donny Wyatt, Founder and CEO at CoConstruct, and I want to apologize for what sounds like an unacceptably rough experience from your end. Our team will be reaching out, but what I can see from our records, your implementation coach has been trying to schedule times to work with your team. They've replied that they were busy, and that we should check back later. That's understandable,...