All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Co-construct Reviews

Pros

Overall, great software for a much lower price point than all the competitors. If you are a smaller company, like mine, and you have a tight budget, this is great, functional software.

Yoisef K.

Read the full review
I love that team at Co-Construct is constantly listening and working to improve the software to better fit my team, my trade partners and my homeowners requests. I love the integration with QB.

Christopher A.

Read the full review
I really appreciate how they listen to suggestions you make for improvement, and the AMAZING customer support.

Jake V.

Read the full review

Cons

You pay an exorbitant amount per project, and still get less features than other programs like Builder Trend. It’s clunky, poorly laid out, and the customer service is terrible.

Daniel V.

Read the full review
I think you guys are missing the need that we have for tying selections due dates to individual tasks (instead of to milestones).

Will P.

Read the full review
On the homeowners side there is not currently a search bar and it makes it hard for homeowners to find specific information.

Christopher A.

Read the full review

So interactive and customizable yet amazingly affordable!

We are a home builder and we use this platform as our foundation with every client. We track the progress of construction from start to end along with all building documents, forms, pricing, quoting, plans, and more. We could not function the way we do without this software.

Pros

I love that there are already existing premade templates but that I can easily customize them. I love that I can engage with both my clients and vendors in this platform. It's a place that holds all of the information for each project in one place from contracts, to plans, to change orders, invoices, pdf's, and more.

Cons

There is so much in the program it can seem a little overwhelming at first, but once you get in there and realize how effective this can make you, your team, and your company, it is worth exploring and ensuring you use every aspect of the platform.

Very useful tool but complicated

Overall I am happy with the software. It takes a long time to populate everything and it takes a lot of time to learn how to use all of the tools, and it is REALLY expensive, . . . but, it can be a very good tool that saves a lot of money through more efficient RFP process and scheduling.

Pros

I like that, once all of your templates, specs, and trade partners are populated, it is very easy build professional looking proposals, quickly send out and manage RFPs, easily track jobs, and sync with quickbooks.

Cons

I wish there was a better tool in the estimate section for showing Cost to Complete. In quickbooks, there is a report that can show you how you are tracking cost wise against your construction schedule. It would be great to have something like that in CoConstruct. I wish there was a way to check a box on uploaded documents so they could be viewed in multiple places. Example, if I upload a PDF in the bids section, I wish I could also attach it automatically to the applicable section of the selections. As it is now, I have to duplicate that work by uploading it in both places. If the bid request is linked to a spec, it should give the option to attach the bid in both locations.

Disappointing

Initially, we thought it was ok. Every day we worked, however, we found more and more workarounds. they far outweighed the positives early on. Truth is, the salesperson had MORE than enough information to know that we wouldn't be a good fit, but they lied to us. As a service-based business, this is a joke of a program. It's made for companies with FEW customers and FEWER jobs. If you're trying...

Pros

The customer integration is nice. The system was stable even out in the field.

Cons

The customer service STUNK. The sales staff knew FULL WELL what we needed and why, and they lied to us to get the sale. 6 months in we found out the REAL answer of the Quickbooks integration - basically it sucks. We were looking to eliminate places of duplicate entry - not create more. Document management is horrible. basically a DOS system where you can't even scroll in between photos. Lack of ability to have a customer, be a trades partner, be a subcontractor - which happens all the time.

Wendy, Thanks for sharing your experience with us. This isn't the typical feedback we receive + we always strive to provide top notch service to our customers. I want you to know that we've heard your feedback + will reiterate to our sales team the importance of ensuring a good fit. We're specifically designed for custom home builders and remodelers, but many other businesses, like yours, can find...

Great for my Custom Home Building Company!

We use this mainly for client communication, daily log and picture and document distribution.

Pros

The two features that I like the most are: The customer communication and the scheduling. Most of the other features are similar to similar products but these two features stand out!

Cons

I do not use all of the features on this platform but they are similar to other products in this category. The iPhone App could use a refresh at the time of this review.

Great program. Incredible value.

I've truly been impressed with CoConstruct's customer service, webinar, and coaching availability. They have trained their staff well and it shows - they are also staffed accordingly. The system is robust and is able to meet you where you are at - if your current system is advanced - this is a good product for you. If your current system is under-developed and needs some shoring up - this is a good product for you. My coach, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows his stuff and has been extremely helpful through implementation and now operations and maintenance.

Pros

There are too many positive aspects to list - the way it has aided in our process management is priceless. From bidding to pre-construction and construction thru warranty, CoConstruct simplifies these processes and helps you ensure that each phase gets the attention it needs. Selections have been easier, sales have been smoother, and the communication aspect of the system is a game changer. It has helped maintain a consistent and detailed flow of communication with my customers, which is HUGE!

Cons

There are always features of a project management software that don't quite fit as precisely as you'd like into your current work-flow system. I treated this as an opportunity to reevaluate my process and if I could do things differently or better. There are few aspects of the software that I would say do not fit my company at this time. Implementation, as far as kicking it off to my suppliers and subcontractors, perhaps, has been the most challenging. However, it has not been a HUGE challenge - I've found that the majority of my subs and suppliers like the software and are looking forward to learning more about it.

CoConstruct Remodeler

It’s like all software where you have to set it up to customize it for yourself but it’s not hard

Pros

Everything is great but AWAs getting approved is the number one. Remodeling always has changed CC makes it so easy to give customers options with price and once they select the one they want the $$ go right onto to their balance

Cons

It’s not that I don’t like the scheduling I just wish you could see all the project schedules could be seen on a master schedule

Douglas -- I'm glad you're loving CoConstruct and that we're helping you get real approvals (and really getting paid for them!). I noticed your comment about wanting to see all schedules in one place. The good news is that we actually do that. From your main dashboard, click on the first menu bar item, called "Task Manager." That allows you to see a global view of all of your schedule, to-do, and warranty items in one place in a list, Gantt, or calendar view. Click the "Filter" button to get to even more advanced options for narrowing down exactly what you want to overlay or color code. We have a similar feature in the mobile app, too. If you have any questions, our support team is happy to help. Give us a call at 800-213-3392.

CoConstruct

It was a little complicated, but so is running a business. CoConstruct goes above and beyond to help you learn how to use it. There are multiple ways to set up your system. Customer service knows the software and will answer your questions completely. You have to figure our exactly how to use it to best suit your needs.

Pros

After 2 years of use there is very little if any extra or useless features in the software. The more of it we use the better it becomes. I have no regrets in purchasing it even though it has not paid for itself yet.

Cons

It took a while to reach the level at which we use it. This isn't necessarily bad on the software but as much the nature of the construction business. Doing a few jobs per year doesn't give you a lot of opportunity to change your procedure when you find a better way. That has required patience but it has paid off. You will not implement this software perfectly quickly, more than likely.

A Must for Construction Project Management

Overall experience has been great. I have to say that every time I call into Tech Support, the tech who answers has always been able to solve my issue or answer my question without passing me to someone else. Rare in this software-driven world of foreign tech support/passing down the line.

Pros

Our clients, trades and entire team have ONE site, both computer and mobile, to visit to access all of the necessary information, specifications, budgets, jobs schedules, etc.

Cons

I need additional estimating integration with my estimating software and currently have to manually enter my estimates vs. pushing takeoff data real-time directly into my estimates. Hopefully that will come with time!

Changing Lanes

We were completely satisfied with CoConstruct! It is a really well thought out program with great support. If it made since for us to keep the software during our transition we would have!

Pros

We really loved creating templates for specifications and being able to incorporate these into a proposal. This software works seamlessly with quickbooks allowing us to keep track of financials alongside the project.

Cons

In the end the software became too expensive for our small firm, and honestly it was a little more than we needed (we transitioned from a design/build to strictly a design firm).

Leslie -- Thanks for all of the great feedback. We're sorry to see you go from CoConstruct, but we understand. We are great for design/build firms, who can use an unlimited number of projects at no additional charge for managing their design projects, including with customer communication, for as little as $199/mo, and then have all of that job data flow directly into the construction management side of the company. But, we were designed for companies that have a construction component of their business, so if you're only doing design now, I see where it may not be a fit. Hopefully you can send your design clients to contractors in your area who use CoConstruct, so the clients still get the benefit of it and you can still utilize it as a partner user of the contractor.

CoConstruct for the win

We are a small custom home renovator & home builder and co-construct allows us to compete with larger companies for the same projects. Gives us a professional foot forward with proposals and gives clients access to the project via job logs.

Pros

Cloud based, intuitive, limits rework, improves communication, captures important project information

Cons

Schedule program can be improved. Still way more intuitive than Office Project, which was used before.

Absolutely the Best

Pros

To be honest there our company relies on Co-Construct daily to operate. Our team clock in which is tracked back to the project to know where you are with the budgeted hours. The scope of work is detailed through the specs and selections. Communication with our team, clients and trade partners is all tracked and never lost. Our clients constantly tell us how easy it is to use and its a selling feature...

Cons

There is a need for a WHIP report to help knowing a bit better where a project is financially vs the schedule.

Co Construct Revultionizing Business Management For Remodeling and Custom Home Builders

Co Construct has improved operations efficiency in several of the companies I have worked with. Co Construct is able to take a project from the first contact all the way through completion and provides an accountability for the client and the contractor which has been a big support gap in the past decade. Co Construct improves the builder and sub contractor experience as well with features that...

Pros

Co Construct is so much more than a project management software system. Co Construct integrates your entire business operation into one easy to use cloud base platform. The support team dedicated to Co Construct users is a feature that no other company in this field can match. Co Construct continues to innovate their product daily through their client based interactions and feedback. Co Construct...

Cons

It would be very difficult for me to identify anything that I do not like about this software. Co Construct has done a phenomenal job of identifying and improving any areas that were lacking in the offered software package and continues to develop more efficient improvements. I look forward to the future as they continue to grow the Leads feature as well as integration into the mainstream calendar support.

Handyman evolution

I can’t say enough about the customer service - specifically the “how do I do this...” type of support. They really don’t want you to fail just because you don’t understand HOW to use the app.

Pros

Good/bad? Good is not an adequate description of the customer service I receive from CoConstruct. The team over there is amazing. It’s the best customer service I’ve ever had anywhere online. I honestly feel like they work for me in my IT department (I’m a one-man “wanna-be remodeler” handyman operation). Whenever I have a question I get a fully thought out, complete response that answers my question...

Cons

It can take a while to set up a project - specifically a list of generally unrelated items. I estimate a lot of home inspection reports so it’s hard to create a template that I can import for each job. The client view of some stuff is a little less transparent than I’d like (although i can type anything and everything I want into each item description). When I build out that cost lines for each item...

This reviewer only left a rating

Here at Summit, we construct custom and build-to-suit homes that can start from an on-line Southern Living Plan or a gleam in the client's eye. With the variation and choice that falls within that range, it becomes a real chore to track all the information and communication required to deliver what the client expects and a product we can be proud of. At least, it was before Co-construct. Before...

This reviewer only left a rating

I am a third generation home builder in the Kansas City, Missouri market. Our family has been building and developing for over 50 years through both good times and bad. We build homes that range from $250,000 to $5,000,00000. With the recent economic downturn, we had to naturally downsize our company in order to survive. We went from 50 homes per year to 2 per year, but are now starting to see signs...

This reviewer only left a rating

At Shihadeh Contracting, we specialize in semi-custom new residential construction. We do additions and larger projects such as townhouses, but single homes in the 2500-4000 sq. ft. range is our niche. Our slogan is "Quality by Choice." That's why most of our customers choose us as their builder: they feel confident that we will walk them through every step of the process, and that their house includes...

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a custom home builder in Western Colorado that has continued to grow each year, making it imperative for all of our team members to be on the same page. Prior to Co-construct, the client or subcontractor would call/text/email our superintendent. The superintendent would take care of the problem and possibly forget to pass the information along, resulting in an invoice that was over my original...

Cons

A HUGE win for construction companies trying to go to the next level. Especially custom builders.

Pros

As a previous user of a competing software, I have found CoConstruct to be a HUGE win for our company. We are in a process of growth, and with growth comes an increasing need for organization and structure. CoConstruct has helped us master organization and communication for our office staff, field staff, and customers. We can do our estimate in the software, which then translates to a completed Specs/Selections...

Cons

It does take some time and effort into making things work how you want them. It is a flexible software with many different solutions, so you need to spend some time and think about how you want it to look and function. The great thing is, they have several templates in there for you to start with if you do not have your own. If you're looking for a software solution to take your company to the next level, make a commitment, spend the time, take advantage of the FREE implementation coaches at CoConstruct, and get it done. You won't regret it.

Wouldn't run a construction company without it

CoConstruct has allowed us to integrate all project related information in one, web based platform that can be accessed from anywhere, including a fantastic mobile application for use in the field. Not only are we providing our clients with greater communication and visibility to the progress of their investment, but internally everyone has access to all the information relevant to a job, in one location. As a result, we have become more efficient and more profitable.

Pros

You can tell right from the start that this software was built by a builder, for builders. It completely integrates all aspects, from initial lead intake, estimating, specs, bid management, proposals, financial integration, project scheduling, task tracking, employee time management, and the list goes on and on. It links the builder with all their trade partners, and all their clients, providing a seamless platform that all information feeds in and out from, keeping track of it all in an extremely organized fashion. The level of support the CoConstruct team provides is top notch, with responses to support tickets often within the hour, the value of which is often overlooked when considering a software package.

Cons

From an overall perspective, the software has more available in it than we have been able to use currently, which gives us runway for future continual improvement. When we have had concerns, the CoConstruct help team has been able to quickly assist with answers, and they have even implemented some ideas for improvement we have suggested.

Fantastic product that helps provide excellent service

We have been using co-construct for over 5 years and it has been Incredible Journey right from the start. Co-construct is always changing and always improving. It has been more than once that we have said "wouldn't it be nice if Co-construct would do this" and it hasn't been long and Donny has announced the new update and they are implementing exactly what we had wished for. It is an excellent tool to help manage your projects right from the first sales call, tracking your budget, tracking the expenses for the customers, all the way through to your last warranty items.

Pros

The big thing for us is that it has helped us be transparent and the customer knows where they're at even before they commit to build. What we really like about it is that it has been built from a client's perspective instead of being built primarily for what the builder needs. It is catering to the client and it's easy for them to use and very easy for them to understand where they're at and what they are getting. Then on top of that the bonus is it is a tremendous tool for the builder to manage things like: -Budgets -selections -upgrades -Employee time clock -Warranty Items

Cons

The one thing that would be an advantage for us would be if the product would interact with sage 50 as not as we don't use QuickBooks. Other than I have no complaints, it performs up to our expectations and we look forward to seeing new things being rolled out by co-construct in the future.

CoConstruct is Dedicated Professionals

Pros

The customer service and dashboard resource articles and videos are extremely helpful. CoConstruct spent a lot of time and effort making sure customers had what they needed to use and understand how to use the software. We just left CoCamp and wow...... CoCamp was very helpful and needed because switching over to new software is a big deal, especially when you got systems in place that took awhile to setup. CoConstruct has most of the features we expect and they are always listening to what is needed.

Cons

We would like little more customization on trade partner naming/grouping, minor terminology customization, po options etc. However, we are really just beginning to use this feature loaded software so its a journey we are excited about.

Co-ConstructIVE

Pros

This business is much less office and far more job-site. Consequently, running the jobs on the administration side of things can be hard to schedule, organize and maintain. Speaking as the administrative assistant for a construction company, I am so grateful that this product is in our hands. I don't get to see what's going on with each job, I don't have in-person communication with clients, nor...

Cons

I think the mobile app could definitely use some tweaking/time. While it's very nice to have an app that is easy to access, there are far less features. What you can do (adding, editing, etc.) is all extremely limited on the mobile app. I just wish there was more time put into improving the app instead of so much work on the web version.

This reviewer only left a rating

Our organization prides itself on building quality custom homes, considering affordability and budgets. We truly offer a one of a kind experience through the building process, and something fairly new we offer is an on-staff Interior Designer and Selection Coordinator (me) to help our clients every step of the way - specifically on making all the decisions. Craig Fairbanks has used this program before...

Very useful tool

I have been using Co-construct for several months and it has been one of the Best investments I have made for my company. I tried much other scheduling, estimating programs and this one by far are the easiest to work with. Being somewhat of a Luddite, most applications are difficult to comprehend. I'm also from the old school-"if it works, don't fix it". In this case, it wasn't so much fixing as it was enhancing, making my work easier, like switching from hand tools to machine tools. The price? In my opinion, I have saved countless hours by not repeating the sequence of transferring information.

Pros

I like the ease to work with. However if not for the "over the top support", it would take me longer to learn the product, not so much because it's difficult, but because I have a difficult time with computers and learning any new computer program. Don't get me wrong, this product is not simplistic. On the contrary, it is very professional. I like the fact that I do not have to send and receive countless...

Cons

The only complaint I have is from my clients and sub-contractors who get confused how to sign in, but once I contact the support team, within hours they respond directly to those people and assist them.

System overall is very user friendly and easy to navigate

I think the software is good and has a lot of great features , the invoicing to clients through quickbooks is the the limiting

Pros

the scheduling being global , our suppliers and contractors are enjoying the access the estimating and selection integration is too a very powerful piece of equipment which our contractor use

Cons

The integration with quick books is very limiting we are unable to progress claim to our clients through this which almost makes us want to not use co construct I have been told that Quickbooks does not progress claim. Australian Quickbooks does but the GST can not be altered to 15% from 10%. So no one can use this apart from Australia. Can you please explain what co construct recommendation is for...

Dan -- We're glad the scheduling features are working well for you. Our product team will be in touch to learn more about what you see as some of the limitations in the QuickBooks version for New Zealand. Many of our clients want to move as much of their financial management into CoConstruct, regardless of the capabilities of their accounting system, so we will soon be adding invoicing capabilities, which will then push those invoices into QuickBooks. We want to make sure that will fully satisfy your needs, but I think help is on the way!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.