All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Co-construct Reviews

This reviewer only left a rating

We build custom homes and could not be happier with the software. Before, we were running around like crazy looking at print outs of Microsoft project and having to update the schedules at night. It was very time consuming. The scheduling is hands down the best feature of this service. It allows us to schedule our subs without spending as much time on the phone, calling everyone to inform them of what...

Cons

Clients Love It - Simplify Your Building Process.

Pros

Keeps all our project organized from Prospect to Completed. Simplifies customer, employee, vendor and Sub-Contractor communication. Automates redundant but important tasks. The format and process causes our organization to follow good business practices. improved our customer service, shortened our project cycle, reduced overhead, allows us to complete more projects in the same time frame. Our managers...

Cons

Not Applicable because Co-Construct listens to their customers. They implement well thought out solutions.

Improves Efficency, Communication, and Organization

We used excel spreadsheets for budgets adn allowances prior, and had to create any document ourselves to try to organize the process. I was constantly asking the project manager for spec and allowance updates. It was a manual process trackign change orders, so many probably slipped through the cracks. With CoConstruct, all of the information is at our fingertips, literally. We have not shared all feature with clients, but did share the selection choice and change orders, and that along was greatly helpful.

Pros

So many things....To Dos that sync with my calendar, the ability to save templates, to easily look up the budget or allowances, create and track change orders, add selection options, easily comment/track communications on any feature (if I have a queston on a spec or selection, I can comment on that exact item, easily tracking specific conversations). It has greatly impacted the small GC/Builder I contract with.

Cons

Not sure I have one....as a Residentail Designer, being able to create room schedules would be nice, but this software is not meant for designers, it is meant for construction.

This reviewer only left a rating

With the ultra-competitive environment as a custom home builder in Chicago, we have continually focused on improving our construction management procedures. They evolved over time for the better and our abilities and capabilities grew with that evolution. We had spreadsheets, schedules, email, calendar, budgets and a high desire to achieve best practices through our experiences along the way. We had...

Cons

Why to Choose Coconstruct for your business!

Coconstruct has allowed us to maintain minimal staff while provide big company performance and results. We are continually learning new ways to make our business successful and Coconstruct has been the key component to this success.

Pros

The Coconstruct software is designed well for our business as a custom home builder & spec home builder. It provides a "one-stop shop" to address the many facets of the construction business from estimates, budget, specs & selections, scheduling, tasks, warranty and provides a seamless avenue for communication across all these disciplines. The best thing of all has been the buy-in or acceptance and feedback for our clients and vendors. We are a small company and they think we have invested in an easy to use and effective tool for all of us to operate and function within.

Cons

There are a few areas where some improvement could be made. The warranty section could have a better means for providing client contact info for vendors and perhaps a better way to train companies that are new and unsure how to get started. A mentor program of sorts for learning the tricks and pitfalls.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are family run business that does all types of home remodeling, from kitchens and baths to whole house remodels. In this day and age, there are a lot of good remodelers out there who can do the same level of work as we can, but they may not have a lot of business sense. We have come to realize that homeowners are looking for home remodeling companies to come in and get out as quickly as possible....

This reviewer only left a rating

We are an open book residential remodeling company in Houston, Texas established April, 1992. We expand and remodel homes. Our market is homes valued between $500,000 & $3,000,000. (You can purchase a very nice home with a nice lot for $120,000.00 in Houston.) We also do work on homes damaged and covered by insurance. We maintain a project flow of 20 to 35 projects per month depending on the mix and...

This reviewer only left a rating

Jadah homes is a custom home builder in central Canada. We build ready-to-move homes in southern Manitoba and ship them throughout the province of Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Our office is completely mobile, and we can build for any area without the increased cost of production in those areas. What makes Jadah truly unique is our homes are not modular, but rather custom with as high and wide as the...

Game Changer

If you're not using this program and you have competition in your area that is. Get ready to be had. I tell people all the time, "If you don't have this, you're not competing on the same level as me."

Pros

Effective at streamlining the construction process and technical support that cannot be beat. This program has allowed us to make more money on each project as well as allow us the control to handle more projects at one time with the same management team.

Cons

There is a lot going on with this program. So you will need to take time to settle into using every function. It can seem daunting at times but the technical support makes it much easier. Does not have a calendar that we can use at this time. If there were a calendar more like a day to day calendar like Google Calendar this would make our type of work much easier to schedule. As it is now the calendar is good for new construction where you're subbing most if not all of it out, but it doesn't function well for in house day to day operations like estimating or when guys have multiple stops in the day.

This reviewer only left a rating

HAMR Home Building Contractors is a small residential building company that prides itself on building high quality new homes and transforming old ones. We have only been in our own business for 3 1/2 years so we set up our own systems as best we could for managing the pricing, invoicing and back costing of each job. After settling into the business we felt that there must be a better, more efficient...

Top shelf!

Co-Construct saves me hours off my work week every week. This is important to me because I'm running a business and raising four kids. Time is super important to me right now and Co-Construct allows me to stay highly organized and to get home to my kids at a decent time every night, even earlier than I could before I started using Co-Construct. The ability to share photos and ideas with customers and trade partners and keep it all organized in one spot versus having to sort through multiple emails is a life saver!

Pros

I love the seamless communication I can have with my customers and my trade partners! Co-Construct makes my job easier and saves me hours every week by organizing my work life through their program and the mobile app makes my job even easier by being able to communicate with my team on the go. Spend the money, it's worth it if you value your time! They also have an awesome support team and they are always quick to answer any of our questions. Overall top shelf operation!

Cons

No major cons at this time and I've been using the program for five years.

Connections with CoConstruct

Overall pretty solid program. The Customer Service experience has assisted greatly in adapting to the program.

Pros

The estimating software is pretty great. The Bidding software is great, as long as people understand the basics of technology. Unfortunately the Construction field does not focus on technology.

Cons

1.) When printing off the budget page There is no real way to get an overview in a quick manner. We have to minimize each individual item. 2.) There is not a way to keep incoming invoices. We can send invoices, those invoices are tracked well. 3.) The Mobile app is severely lacking. The crew is primarily on the ground and trying to conduct a lot of business on-the-go. Proposals are not accessible on the mobile app. 4.) The template mark-ups are not transferred with the templates.

What a Find!

CoConstruct centralizes so many of our business practices. Because of that we are a more efficient company. Our clients receive better service because CoConstruct offers structure to how we handle decisions, follow up items, scheduling and money. The implementation process is next to none in terms of undivided attention and assistance. One of the biggest issues I have found with software companies...

Pros

The features are all highly integrative which is the ultimate selling point for CoConstruct. Before CoConstruct we were using four different softwares to accomplish all of what CoConstruct handles - estimating, budgeting, purchase orders, change orders, specs and selections, job log, to-do items, etc. The single point entry system hones in on efficiency and reduction of errors.

Cons

We are primarily open book and CoConstruct handles this relatively well. There are a couple nuisances in regards to budgeting along with the integration of Quickbooks that I feel could be improved. However it is minor enough to have a workaround that isn't too timely or error prone.

Tremendous Help

The program has been a huge help to our business from estimating to the finished product. It does take some work and commitment to get it set up and we are still making some changes to some of that, but it is totally worth the effort. The customer service team is extremely helpful, they can almost always answer our questions in one phone call, if not on that call, they have always followed up so we are not left with unanswered questions.

Pros

Creating the estimate in Co-Construct and have that tie directly into the specs & selections section keeps all the information in one place, in a very organized manner. The customers can see exactly what we plan to build and the materials we will use, decreasing the chance of last-minute surprises for both us and the customer. We can easily show customer ways to save and give them options for upgrades.

Cons

It takes some work to get set up which seemed overwhelming at first, but the customer service team was able to assist during that time. The time investment into the set up was well worth it. And like most things, we are learning as we go - so we still, even after a year, are making some tweaks to our template, making it better and better each time.

Game Changer for our business.

Pros

CoConstruct allows us to complete more projects, with less project managers. Put simply, these equals more money to our bottom line. Their support (on the rare occasion we need it) is super-prompt and top-notch. It's fairly easy to quantify the dollars it nets our business from savings on the project-management side - it's harder to know exactly how many additional projects we get as a result of also using it a sales-tool, but the effect is real. There is no way we could do our current volume without a system like this - unless we brought on multiple additional staff to coordinate project selections. It allows us to track everything in one place, meaning nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons

It's never fun to pay for subscriptions. But the value we get for what we pay is more than fair. Perhaps some provided templates could reduce initial project set-up time or help us make sure we're implementing the software using best-practices.

This reviewer only left a rating

I'm the owner of a company that builds 8-12 pre sold custom homes per year that range from 1M to 5M. We take the customer experience very seriously. How we take care of our customers has earned us the State of Texas Builder of the Year and we're a 2 time National Master Builder of the Year. As good as I think we are, this will make us better. I rarely get online and post reviews, but feel compelled...

Cons

Exceptional product for managing multiple home remodeling projects at the the same time

If you are a home remodeler or builder, this software is most like going to save you time and money if you use it the way it was built to be used.

Pros

The scheduling module has helped us make sure that we keep to the projects timeline and at the end compare how we did to what our baseline was at the start of the project. Our clients really like the ability to have a project management tool that allows them to communicate, see overview of the financials, make selections, approve change orders, see pictures, access project files and have a repository for messages in one place. The mobile app is a huge benefit to us because we can update the schedule in the field, see what tasks are due to be completed while at the job site and look at a file when out of the office.

Cons

Would like the ability to know when we have overbooked an employee or sub for the day when preparing and updating the schedule when running multiple projects.

Running my business is so much easier!

Great program, great customer service!

Pros

CoConstruct is very intuitive. My customers love being able to have a hands-on experience during their remodeling projects. I love the organizational capabilities. Having this kind of control over my business is amazing!

Cons

Would love to see more (complete) mobile functionality and a gantt chart that can drill down to minutes....what an amazing help that would be!

Sharpest Tool in the Box

I'm looking forward to finding the time and scratch to go to Co-Camp for a some intensive training in order to fully utilize the app's potential.

Pros

Co-Construct as helped me in all aspects with running my business in one package--client management and communication, budgeting and tracking, scheduling and sales. On the sales side, using the application sets me apart from my competition and is a real differentiator in my clients eyes, and I can confidently say my use of it factors into my clients decision making when evaluating proposals. On the...

Cons

More granular control of what my employee see. It does take a little work to get customers up to speed (but it's worth the effort). More detail in the budget view would help. Also, a better way to handle architects since they occupy a middle ground between "client" and "partner". Overall, the cons are small things that I believe Co-Construct is aware of and will eventually be addressed in future iterations of the application.

This reviewer only left a rating

In another life, I was a senior executive of a public home builder. We spent countless man-hours and untold amounts of money attempting to design a enterprise wide software that could do some of the functionality of Co-construct. We never did. It's my understanding that a number of public builders have to one degree or another done the same thing. Millions of dollars later, few, if any, accomplished...

Cons

Co-Construct is an amazingly helpful tool. It brings everything you

Pros

Co-construct allows you so much latitude it's crazy! you can mould each job to the particular client and their specific needs, communication is centralized and can be specific to any part of the job making it simple to find information and communicate with the client, you can keep track of important budget information and share with the client your progress and where the costs are sitting the entire...

Cons

their is very little that i do not like about co-construct. If there was one area i would like to see some imporvement it would be in the todo section. I feel like they could be a little more detailed. In the set up it would be nice to be able to assign a date for the todo, and also updating the todo with notes on progress. I may just not have been using them long enough. I worked for Edward Jones for 7 years and have to say they have amazing software for todo and task tracking. You might like to pick their brains if you can.

Co-construct changed my life!

When I started in the remodeling industry a couple of years ago I really didn't know what I was getting into. I was quickly overwhelmed with the amount of minutiae to keep track of and the relationships these details have on each other. Not only did it make my life crazy it was hurting our bottom line, affecting client relationships, and staff effectiveness, especially people in the field. Today I get more done in less time and everyone who is using the software loves it. We are still learning features and functionality - implementation is a long-term commitment. But for me the impact was immediate and I learn something new every day.

Pros

Scheduling is a breeze! The functionality makes it easy to update and notify trades. As selections get refined this too makes communication with clients much cleaner and timely. Plus everyone that needs to be is kept in the loop. Also, you don't have to worry about making a mistake - these are really easy to fix and the Co-construct support staff are exceptional and fast.

Cons

Co-construct will require rethinking the way you do things. Old habits can be hard to let go but for those things you regard as non-negotiable Co-construct support staff will help you find a way to adapt yourself and/or the software to meet a variety of needs. Greater flexibility with financial software integration would be helpful.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a custom home builder building high-end houses costing $700,000 on average. We are now starting to build more project homes and are attempting to build more volume into our business. Over the past four years it has been difficult to run a business in this economic environment. The upside of this is that it has forced us to look for new and streamlined ways to run and communicate within our business. That...

Cons

Improving communication with clients, suppliers, and craftsmen is easy with Co-Construct

My husband and I implemented this homebuilding project management software in February 2016 and immediately began seeing streamlined communication with our suppliers and clients. We were able to build a custom 2800 sf home for a family who only made 3 visits over the 5 month period. Weekly photos were uploaded for progress on their home and messages with suppliers and the homeowner were all in one...

Pros

I love the structure and intuitiveness of the product. Most clients are able to work their way through the application with minimal instruction.

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility in templates and on the cost models offered.

Great organizational tool for our business!

I think a step by step start up kit would be a good idea. Do this first, then that, then this and so on. Separate it by category. Estimators work on their thing, office managers have theirs and project managers do as well. Those departments can explain things to the others once they understand them better. Trying to learn the whole program is impossible at first. We are more than 1yr in and still learning new things.

Pros

The scheduling feature is what I like best. I am the project manager for our company and having schedule templates with predecessors is a big time saver. Communicating with clients and trade partners together is also easier than being the middle man and repeating things twice. This keeps me in control, but lets all of us talk.

Cons

There is a lot to learn and it takes a long time and a lot of errors to get it so it's working well for us. There is only so much you can learn at once. Co-construct has camp that we went to in the beginning, but trial by fire and calling the support line is the only way we have learned. Great support center!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.