All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Co-construct Reviews

Excellent product !!!

I am able to provide my potential customers with a quote fast and that was the biggest problem we had and now it is easy and in timely manner, which helps us get more projects. I can track my Trade partners and change schedules efficiently. The best thing is being able to track the project expenses and change orders by the client.

Pros

How easy it is to use, it makes our daily work much more efficient and productive. it stream lines all of our spreadsheets into one place, customers and trade partner information availability is available now in a click of a button. The set up and support team has been amazing so far. feels that Customer Care actually cares about your successes.

Cons

I am not able to provide feedback regarding what I didn't like since So far it has been great and meets all of our expectations.

Making paperwork easy!

For businesses that are not using this product/program, I find it hard to understand how they can stay on top of their construction processes and costs. This program keeps you in check and on schedule.

Pros

Easily find what you are looking for, whether its a selection, a date in the schedule or a variation Great for interaction with the client, you can instantly send them a message/email and you are notified as soon as they reply Keeps all the information in one place You cant make a mistake that cannot be rectified The 'To Do' feature is a great tool for reminders or chasing up things that need to be done

Cons

The only bugbear I have is that you have to go into both 'change choice' and 'update status' to lock your selection., where as if the 'update status' was in the same section, you wouldn't have to go into 2 tabs and could save a little time.

This reviewer only left a rating

I work for a small, family run Design & Build firm. Early last year, we started looking for a tool that would help us with our project management when we stumbled across Co-construct. It wasn't exactly what we were looking for, but came close enough; plus it had a lot of neat features for making communication between ourselves, our clients and our suppliers very easy while eliminating our previous...

Almost 10 Year Users

I believe we were early adopters in early 2010 of a new product. Its been a pleasure to watch it evolve and get more sophisticated, and incorporate ours and others feedback. While many of the accounting integration aspects are un used by us it clear they have been responsive to users requests.

Pros

Selections and Money We are a very custom builder and the selections tab allows for thorough and documented communication of a choice. The financial tab allows for easily keeping the client current on investment expectations, especially as they make choices in selctions.

Cons

Not much, but if I had to say one thing it might be the schedule. It has evolved a lot in the almost 10 years we have used it, but it still can be glitchy and not as sophisticated in some ways as MS Project which we moved from.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a remodeling and restoration company. We were founded in April 2012 along with an on-your-lot home builder to fund a non-profit organization, ELM. ELM is a non-profit organization that specializes in assisting those that have fallen on difficult times to have a hand getting through those times and regain self-sufficiency. I began looking for software in June 2012 to aid in the estimation...

CoConstruct for residential builders

Co-Construct allows me to be on top of the all aspects of my projects regardless of what stage they are at. Single data entry is fantastic and the program synchronises well with QuickBooks. Quite simply - the program allows me to better organise and run my construction business.

Pros

Simple data entry that is done once Quality project management system Easy to develop specification presented in a professional manner Simple and effective financial management system that includes invoicing

Cons

It does not have an integral estimating capability; this requires the maintenance of another capability. The ability of the program to ingest data from estimating software is limited.

Hi Craig -- Thanks for the feedback. We've got some upcoming enhancements later this year on importing estimates for our builders and remodelers who prefer to do their estimating elsewhere. We also have some other tools coming to add even more power to our fully integrated estimating solution within CoConstruct. So, either way, it sounds like we're working on some new features that should help you get more out of the system.

Great Project Team Communications

Pros

The communication and contextualization of information is awesome. I love that everything for a project can be found in one place and shared to all the people on the team that need it. I love that homeowners can have a voice that is not my text inbox and the information goes to more than just me so it is acted on. I love that team at Co-Construct is constantly listening and working to improve the software to better fit my team, my trade partners and my homeowners requests. I love the integration with QB. And last but not least I love the mobile app.

Cons

On the homeowners side there is not currently a search bar and it makes it hard for homeowners to find specific information. Other than that its really a great software.

Might have saved our business

We began using CoConstruct after several years of growth made our business completely unmanageable. Our old "mom and pop" systems weren't working anymore, and we needed a way to consolidate information and communicate with our entire team. CoConstruct has been a business-saver. Even though our financials were strong before CoConstruct, our frustration and stress levels were through the roof, and we almost threw in the towel just to get relief. But CoConstruct has eliminated so many of the headaches that we've been able to get our heads back above water and breathe.

Pros

Super features designed with contractors in mind Time clock feature makes billing so much easier Incredible, fast, friendly customer service Excellent training available

Cons

Big learning curve to get beyond the basics of use (but it's worth it) Client login hasn't been practical for our target market, so communication is still split between CoConstruct and email Seems to be geared more toward new construction, but can be used for remodeling with some tweaks

Awesome...

With any given technology there is always a learning curve when trying to implement. Co-Constructs team collaborated with our team to walk us through the implementation. We implemented over 4 months and then attended the training in Charlottesville . Great experience in Charlottesville and worth the trip.

Pros

Scheduling...we process over 3-4 jobs a week and juggling the puzzle of our team and the trades was time consuming. Co-Construct allows us to do scheduling in about 1/10th f the time it took before. A nice by-product for our clients was the access they have online. It helped us with scheduling yet inadvertently was a huge benefit to our clients. Finally it allowed us to have our entire team on the same page (Subs, trades and employees).

Cons

Little bit of a learning curve in getting our subs and trades on board.

I looked at the program for 18 months before starting and a year using

Pros

All your project information is in one place, and it files itself depending on what item it is. The approvals are the best because you can submit your variations to the client, and they can click to confirm, which is like money in the bank. I have been promoting full payment of variations on approval, which is a big change from sending my money and time to provide variations to then spend more time...

Cons

I have always consider that American contractors have had a higher profile or standing in their country than builders perhaps in Australia. And hence, there is no one in Australia putting out a program like this. So what I like the least would be the language used, as we use different terms in Australia, and the main issue is explaining the differences to my clients.

CoConstruct will allow my company to grow in an orderly fashion

Keep up the good work. You've got an awesome product.

Pros

I can't say enough positive things about CoConstruct. After attending the "CoCamp" training last week I am currently setting up all of my projects, leads, and prospects in the system. The growth of my company has brought about certain challenges that we had been struggling with but now that we have C0Construct, we have the means to not only solve those growth related issues but also the ability to...

Cons

At this point I don't really have any cons about the system. One thing that I'd like to see become available is a more detailed CRM system that offered an automated email followup capability for leads and inquiries.

CoConstruct has benefited our Company

Overall, we are glad we made the switch. The comparsion between BuilderTrend and Construct is close.... We have not use the estimating tools yet as we still use excel. Plan to make the change soon... This could be the tool that sets CoConstruct apart from BuilderTrend....

Pros

The Gantt chart is first rate in scheduling. If you are a MicroSoft project user, this is a perfect fit. Customers seem to like it so far as does the sub Contractor base. We ended up making a switch from BuilderTrend to CoConstruct mostly due to the scheduling features.... BuilderTrend lacked Subtask in the Gantt chart viewing each task as a separate line item. I want to total duration of the foundation installation with each subtask involved. Not just have Foundation as a single task....... outside of those few items, everthing is worked good. I would definitely recommend trying to see if it fits your needs........

Cons

Expensive compared to BuilderTrend but worth the extra for the addtional Gantt functions. No way of tracking sub contractor insurance certificate expirations under the vendor section. CoConstruct said set up as individual "ToDo's". No thank you...... Lastly document management seems a little cumbersome. Requires searching through allot of files to find a files. You can filter by apppling a tag but if the sub doesnt know how you tagged it, the search can be frustrating. That is the feedback we have gotten from the subs.

Overal great value for the money, lacking a some robust features

Customer service is truly top notch, any questions whatsoever they will walk you through. Definitely take the training because some of the features are a bit difficult to understand without a coach guiding you. They do not charge for training. Overall its an "OK" platform, good value and somewhat easy to use. The features it is missing compared to BuilderTrend somewhat justifies the price difference....

Pros

The price is better than the competition, unlimited prospects, unlimited in warranty statuses. There is a customer portal however it is lacking features. site design is simple, relatively easy to use.

Cons

Features are a little light compared to builder trend. Selection process is really painstaking No import option for price catalogues or bidding software i.e. ClearEstimates Plan "rooms" are difficult because you need to have separate files in multiple locations for various people. Ideally having a file i.e. blueprint and setting permissions would be the easier option.

This reviewer only left a rating

I am the operations manager for a small infill builder in Denver. Frustrated with our current scheduling software and its shortcomings, I searched the Internet for a program geared towards custom homebuilders. Most of what I came across was targeted for the larger builders and was too cumbersome for a small custom builder. After weeks of searching and looking at demo programs, I came across Co-Construct....

Terrible Construction Management System and Service

This service is no longer worth it. The app never works, it upsets alot of customers because they can't pay their invoice and have login problems. Technical support responds in a way that is similar to saying "oh well" or what would you like me to do about it" or "it is what it is". Those are highly unacceptable answers for 200.33 a month. Time to finally transition to ProCore and let Co-Construct keep their mess. I rather pay the higher fee for a service that won't drive away my customers.

Pros

Job costing Ability not communicate in one system Ability to share photos and documents

Cons

Excessive messaging even when it's turned off Constant issues with login on customer end Constant issues with the payment system Hates QuickBooks Problems with entering taxes Uses a text format rather than Word in Proposal/Estimate section No 24 hour customer support No solutions available to fix issues Cost more than it's worth when half of the system is having problems on a daily basis Price

Aayah -- This is Donny Wyatt, Founder and CEO at CoConstruct, and I want to apologize for what sounds like an unacceptably rough experience from your end. Our team will be reaching out, but what I can see from our records, your implementation coach has been trying to schedule times to work with your team. They've replied that they were busy, and that we should check back later. That's understandable,...

Free Trial is a Scam!

Free Trial is a scam! They don't provide any real experience with use of the software. Sales Consultants tell you that the only way to see how the software works is to sign up to the so-called "Free" trial. Although we ask them to implement templates, spends tens of hours to trial the software. Once we decided not to use it due to its big flaws in scheduling, accounting and day to day operation, they...

Pros

Some general functionalities were okay but you can never try the actual software without purchasing the trial, so it looks good on the surface only.

Cons

Major flaws in accounting, scheduling and day to day job management such a submitting variations via phone.

Sean This is Donny Wyatt, Founder and CEO at CoConstruct, and I wanted to personally respond since we'd never want one of our customers to have what sounds like a bait-and-switch situation. I am having our team confirm that your refund was processed. If it wasn't for some reason, we'll make sure it is. Secondly, I want to clarify about the "free trial," since we have never offered a free trial in...

THERE REFUND GUARANTEE IS BOGUS , YOU NEED TO SEND CORRESPONDENCES TO 5 OF YOUR PEERS

I WAS TOLD I HAD 90 DAYS TO GET A FULL REFUND. I WAS PRESSURED RELENTLESSLY(WHICH ACTUALLY WAS THE FIRST REASON WHY I WANTED TO CANCEL) TO SIGN UP FOR THEIR SEMINAR OUT IN VIRGINIA, WHICH WAS FREE BUT AN ADDITIONAL AMOUNT FOR ANY OTHER PERSONNEL YOU WANT TO ATTEND(2 NIGHTS IN A HOTEL AND THE SEMINAR). WE ARE A SMALLER GC FIRM, THE SOFTWARE HAS MANY GENERIC LINE ITEMS THAT YOU CUSTOMIZE FOR YOUR COMPANIES...

Pros

GOOD FOR A BIGGER COMPANY WITH LOTS OF EXCESS CAPITAL, THEY DO OFFER LOTS OF CORRESPONDENCES WITH SUBS AND CLIENTS AND LINK EVERYTHING TO QUICKBOOKS(I DO NOT USE QUICKBOOKS EITHER)

Cons

VERY EXPENSIVE FOR THEIR SERVICE. A YEAR YOU CAN BUY A GREAT GC SOFTWARE AND OWN IT FOR MUCH LESS, AND IT HAS INDUSTRY PRICING UPDATES FOR PROPER ESTIMATING, WHICH WAS THE REASON WE EVEN FIRST LOOKED FOR A SERVICE LIKE THIS.

Mark -- We're sorry CoConstruct didn't turn out to be the software you wanted. After our follow-up call, it was clear you wanted some kind of software that you can download and install on your computer, rather than a cloud-based solution that handled communication, in addition to estimating, scheduling, and other features. Our customers can cancel our plans at any time, and are never forced into contracts,...

Good construction management tool with much potential

Pros

I like how Co-construct can help with scheduling and keeping a project more organized. The new scheduling tool is a big step in the right direction. It is fluid, user-friendly, and very functional. If all of Co-construct was patterned after the look and feel of the way the schedule is built, that would almost do it for me. There would, or course, be a few little things here and there I'm sure, but the majority of it would be there. I it also nice how honest and open you guys are to constant improvement. This is the best way to be the best!

Cons

It is too much like a social networking program and not enough like a professional tool.

Hi Colby, Thanks for the input. It sounds like you’ve already shared your feedback with our support team, which is good. We’ve got all of your suggestions logged. However, I did want to specifically respond to a few of your points, since they are items that we actually addressed in some recent updates or are functions designed to provide features that are helpful to users who may be choosing...

Feature rich construction program but needing more live support

Having an app for both android and iphone makes a world of difference when you are in the field.

Pros

There are an abundance of features including an app for your phone to help keep track of tasks and construction timelines.

Cons

Lack of live, instant support. Having to manually enter tasks in different categories wastes valuable time.

Hi Alli -- We're glad you love the mobile apps. We've got some great new things coming within the next two weeks to the app to give you a ton of control over your budgets and actuals (even those from QuickBooks), so stay tuned. Regarding instant support, I did want to make sure you knew that you can always call us, at no charge, at 800-213-3392, option 2 for support. 70%+ of our calls during business hours are answered in 30 seconds or less. So, while not technically "instant," our team is ready to get you answers pretty darn fast whenever you need them. I'll also have someone give you a call to make sure we address any questions you've got now. Thanks!

Stay Away

Started out well, but got worse and worse as time went on. Could never get straight answers from customer service. Overall do not recommend it, especially to builders just starting out. And forget it if you want to every transfer your data out of it. They make it almost impossible, and will never refund your payments, even if they are at fault. I wish someone would actually resolve my issues I have right now.

Pros

Keeps you organized, but any other management system achieves that. Clients like it. Can customize your branding pretty well.

Cons

For the price, the program is completely gutted. You pay an exorbitant amount per project, and still get less features than other programs like Builder Trend. It’s clunky, poorly laid out, and the customer service is terrible. I’ve had to wait on the phone over an hour on multiple occasions and I know they don’t have that many clients. Can’t chat for tech support. No account managers. Again, save your money. So basic for how expensive it is, especially now that Builder Trend has a $99 option for unlimited projects.

Hey Daniel, Thank you for your feedback. We want to apologize for the experience you've had, it seems like a lot of back and forth. After you wrote a similar review on another platform we reached out to you to better understand your frustrations and the situation at hand, but got no reply. After looking over your account and talking to our Customer Success team it appears as though your...

Be carefull of the price raise

Pros

Great scheduling software. We like the accessibility of the schedules, form any of our people in the field, or the office

Cons

Just figured out that several months ago, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] sent an email, that doubled your price of the software monthly bill unless you responded in the correct way. Our bill went up $200/mo without any ok from us, because we didn't catch a random email from the company. When I called, my rep was respectful, and understanding, but I figured out quickly that the extra money paid in was a donation. They lowered my bill to the original price, but buyer beware. We are now comparing other products...

Collaborative Construction

It's been a great experience and I'm happy to share my opinion. reprrsentative , J. Bradley Architects LLC.

Pros

As an Architect with a new Design Build Firm I was looking for software that was equal to the support that is available to the Large firms at a fraction of the cost. I found it with Co-construct and I'm so glad I invested both the time and effort to format and develop the templates. Our clients and subcontractors have embraced the technology and simplicity. We use almost every aspect of the program and it's set us apart from our competitors.

Cons

There are some little nuances that you'll experience with any type of software.... that comes with anything but overall I've been able to rectify through support from coconstruct or mostly just figuring it out on my own.

CoConstruct Rocks!

I'm hoping in the near future to work with tech support to get our Quickbooks integrated with CoConstruct. I realize I've only scratched the surface of what this amazing software can do. Speaking of amazing...instead of the many years of having a static schedule that needs constant managing and reworking, but to have CoConstruct's interactive schedule that alerts trades when their work is coming up, and alerts my project managers of when to order materials, etc. is fantastic!

Pros

What's not to like?! Everything you could possibly need for each project: Financials, Schedule, Specs & Selections, Change Orders, Files & Photos, To-Dos, Messages, Job Log, Warranty, etc) is right at your fingertips 24/7 from your desktop, laptop or phone. Not only a kickass sales tool for wowing potential clients, but a super user-friendly tool to manage your jobs day to day. And on top of all that, their tech support is the best I've ever worked with. Thanks CoConstruct!

Cons

Truthfully, I haven't found anything I don't like yet. The only negative I can point to is that I haven't taken the time to take advantage of all that CoConstruct has to offer. If I could actually set up my work day like the example given in Donny's demo video, my life would be paradise!

Great for selections and communication

We have been building homes, remodeling, and custom cabinetry for 40 years. We are exclusively a custom shop and have never built the same house twice. I decided to switch to Co-construct from another similar system a few years ago. This system has transformed the way we interact with clients and our trade partners. We were able to meet an extremely difficult deadline for one of our best clients,...

Valuable Tool

Co-Construct has been a valuable tool for our custom home building business. The software is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. We like the job costing features, how it streamlines the bidding process, and that it integrates with our accounting program. Our customers like being able to make their selections, see their budget and communicating with us all in the same place. And Co-construct tech support is quick to respond to any issues and take note of features that would be useful to us in the future.

Pros

*User friendly *Easy to navigate *Integrates with our accounting program *Customers like the ease of communication through the software

Cons

Not many cons for us. The software works great for our needs.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.