All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Co-construct Reviews

This reviewer only left a rating

We have been building homes, remodeling, and custom cabinetry for 40 years. We are exclusively a custom shop and have never built the same house twice. I decided to switch to Co-construct from another similar system a few years ago. This system has transformed the way we interact with clients and our trade partners. We were able to meet an extremely difficult deadline for one of our best clients,...

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a residential custom building company situated in Sydney, Australia, and have been in operation for fifteen years. We started by doing small jobs, and now run 3-4 major jobs at a time. I run all of the office side of the work and I was always looking for something that would make my life easier. I searched the web for years looking for something that would work for me, but I didn't want to fork...

Cons

Co-Construct has changed our business

Pros

From the 50,000 foot view, we are able to do more business thanks to the nearly countless features this program offers. It is incredibly user friendly and the customer service is by far better than any company I've ever dealt with.

Cons

The accounting integration is time consuming. I truly do not believe that this is a down side to Co-Construct however...it is the nature of making it work the way it needs to. Getting over this hurdle, which CC provides plenty of assistance to do, and you are off to the races.

Paving the way for expansion

I am a small/boutique luxury builder in Atlanta, GA. My main focus has been on building mansions and estates. I work with a unique set of clients that are very discerning about the fine details of their home, and equally discerning about how I run my business and the construction process. I made it my goal to find a highly functional program which was also easy to use and "good looking" to take our...

Why I Love CoConstruct

The customer support is excellent. I know they are good but they continue to impress me every-time I need something form the support team.

Pros

The ability to manage all aspects of my remodeling business in a single platform. Other than drawing plans every thing we do to manage a project is happens in CoConstruct. The ability to create templates for my specs and schedules minimizes the thought and increases the accuracy of my specifications and estimates.

Cons

It's a bit of a challenge to shepard trade partners into reliably using the system but with a little effort I can keep track of everything I need to weather they engage with the system or not.

Truly a fully integrated program...

Overall the experience has been nice. As someone who is constantly on the road or at a project site I would love it if the mobile application worked more consistently. If you only plan to use this software in an office environment then I think it is a great value for the price.

Pros

CoContruct lives up to his brand of a fully integrated system by providing all the important project management features from financial management to client management. This program has been a great tool for all of my remodeling projects. I am impressed by the ability to communicate financial tracking directly with the client.

Cons

The mobile version looks great. It is clean and very easy to use. However it is very glitchy like most mobile project management software. I have experienced numerous error messages while trying to use their mobile app.

Operational Efficiency

Less office work, more time to do site quality control. Great communication. Clients love it.

Pros

It encompasses our entire operation from communication with trades/suppliers and customers to bidding, finances and invoicing.

Cons

It does tend to be a tad slow in responding at times when I am updating schedules or files. Although it has gotten better over the past year

Ray -- Thanks for the compliments, and we have been continually upgrading our infrastructure as we grow, so I'm glad you're seeing the speed improvements.

Great software to keep things moving and on schedule...

CoConstruct listens to their customers and works to improve their system, with the customer's needs/requests in mind. We have been with them for almost 2 1/2 years and we continue to be impressed with the continued improvements of the system. I have recommended CoConstruct and will continue to do so.

Pros

The CoConstruct team is very knowledgeable and responsive. The software is user friendly. We are able to keep all of the details of each job right at hand, wherever we are. Integrates with QuickBooks. Great experience for our clients.

Cons

App isn't as fully functional as the desktop experience, however the CoConstruct team is constantly at work to improve this, as well as their other features.

Great Product

CoConstruct has automated a lot of processes for us. Some of which we were doing on paper. Some we weren't doing and now can do because CoConstruct makes it easy. It has made our business better. I don't really want to imagine running our business without it.

Pros

CoConstruct streamlines a lot of our process which makes our business better. It allows us to organize our communications with customers which they love!

Cons

Being able to print a change order with the customers name and a line for them to sign without sending it as an email would be good.

Construction finally made simple!

I'm focusing my company on changing the way construction is done. In this day in time, there's better ways of doing things. There needs to be a level of understanding in the fact that these projects are more the customers homes than my job sites. There's also no reason why technology can't streamline the process. Co-construct helps me to accomplish both.

Pros

There's a lot of good things but overall, the focus on creating better communication for everyone and a pleasant customer experience is what makes this work. That often has not been the focus in construction even thought they are two of the most important aspects.

Cons

The user interface is great. I think any improvement that can be made there is always good. If I could, I would make everything even more simple and fail proof for users. Example: the last upgrade on emails was a good improvement.

Remodeling contractor

I have used CoConstruct for about a year and it has been great for keeping track of projects

Pros

- works well for large projects - Project calendar works for aspects of the project 1 day or greater in size - Time log is a big +

Cons

- No ability to work a crew schedule into the calendar for small projects or crew management. - No way to base calendar on Man-hours (for small projects this would be helpful) - For those billing different people at different rates (skilled treads men/apprentice) Multiple reports need to be exported as this information can not be displayed on a single spread sheet the way the system is set up - To add a higher level of data tracking the cost jumps up fast. For small to mid size projects it is just not worth the cost. - Costs are billed per month per project, so for those of us that are busy it can add up when your schedule starts to stretch out (unless you only use the basic features)

Co-Construct

This is a great construction management software! I own a small general contracting and carpentry business with my father and brother and we purchased this for a large addition project. We desired at first the program just for some web-based scheduling which we thought was a little pricey, but we decided to try out the free trial. It turned out to be a great trial. All the features of the program...

Pros

The customer support and service is great, always super helpful and clear.

Cons

Takes some time to understand how to use all the features but what program doesn't?

The Best Custom Builder Software

Pros

The software is highly intuitive and easy to use for the non-technical while not compromising on its features/functionality. - Scheduling tool is great (easily build online CPM schedules, while assigning trades, and looking across multiple jobs) - Easy job log tool - Great communication tool for selections/specifications - Capacity for general communication

Cons

The software is not for every builder. It is great for the custom market that requires more hands on experience with the client. Software does not have an open API (though there are integrations with basic accounting software)

Business Tone-Setter

I think implementing use of Co-Construct has been instrumental in helping to establish the culture of our company - both for our staff and with our clients!

Pros

Co-Construct helps us be more efficient in so many different ways from start (spec sheets, templates, estimating, etc.) to finish and everything in between (expense tracking/accounting, job scheduling/progression, employee tracking, office-field-client communication, etc.). And along the way, it has all the "dummy alarms" to help overcome the natural forgetfulness we experience when things become very busy.

Cons

The customizability of the program as well as the helpful responsiveness of the customer support staff make it very difficult to identify any shortcomings in Co-Construct.

They live up to their promises, and the features they promise, actually work

I've been through it with other software. Specifically stay away from UDA Construction Suite -- they have so many annoying quirks you won't believe it, and if you have any questions or problems, they'll basically tell you that you are the "only one" who has ever had a problem before. BuilderTrend has great customer service, but, they over-promise on many features and caused DAYS of stress and heartache for my office manager to straighten out financials. Go with Co-Construct because they are successful with all the features they promise.

Pros

The features they have all work. Their customer service is organized, prompt, and successful in helping us. They are constantly doing improvements and tweaks.

Cons

There are a few features that it doesn't have, but the fact is, what they have, work properly! You can count on what they say to be true.

Most accurate estimating fast!

Fantastic system! Has saved us time AND money!!

Pros

You can get into the system through the app while on-site to check the specifics of selections, see plans, link to selections chosen etc. Employees can check in and out through the time click in the app while on site. Pictures can be attached to specific tasks to clarify tasks for all employees. Clients can see budget and all.selections plus. No surprises!

Cons

They are expanding the capabilities of the software and making it easier to use on an ongoing basis. What I did have constructive criticism about has been fixed.

Great Software for Custom Builders/Re-Modellers

I have had a great experience with Co-Construct. It is a powerful tool in both sales and construction.

Pros

Co Construct really helped me to get my business off the ground. From generating specifications sheets to sharing the schedule with my clients, Co Construct really helps set me apart from other builders. I recommend it to anyone looking for construction management software.

Cons

I would like the ability to copy specifications & schedules from jobs in progress to create new templates. I would like to add a checklist feature, as well.

Great Product

CoConstruct has streamlined scheduling, brought order to information storage and helped ease the problem of tracking comments.

Pros

I primarily use CoConstruct for Scheduling, information management, budgeting and communication within my team. I have used CoConstruct on and off for 10years and have found it intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Circular dependencies are by far the worst problem. I am constantly having to bypass these by pulling schedule items out of categories, set predecessors and putting them back into the previous categories.

How did I live so long without it?

Pros

I love that all client info is consolidated in one web based program with a fantastic app! No more paper shuffling trying to find selections and everyone is now on the same page. I must say at least once a week I don't know where our business would be without CoConstruct--I'd be pulling my hair out. This program is only good if you use it! Get it and jump in with both feet. It does more than you will be able to figure out for a while but once you start using it and learn the ropes, it makes business more profitable, with less headaches--Win/Win!!

Cons

Can't really think of anything--I have not found anything that I'm frustrated with.

This reviewer only left a rating

Summit is a custom home builder with design/build capability that also works closely with outside design through the client. We have a history of beautiful finished homes that were completed on time and within budget for very satisfied clients. For quite a while, using spreadsheets, emails, and 1st person interaction, our best efforts left us with too many sources of communication during the course...

Cons

Excellent platform for custom builders

To make full use of the powerful functionality of Co-Construct, there is definitely some effort involved to set it up the way you want to use it. Some discipline is also needed (you have to use the system is you want the system to help you). But once you do those things, you'll find it is a very powerful & useful platform for tracking all the major aspects of your construction project.

Pros

Tons of functionality for tracking schedules, discussions, decisions, and budgets! Awesome support!

Cons

Lots of functionality & customization comes with complexity in setup & use.

CoConstruct has truly changed the way we run our company!

Pros

CoConstruct makes dealing with clients and trades extremely easy! Everything is in one place and easy to find. The schedule is laid out well and is easy to use. The new PO system is the icing on the cake when it comes to tying your estimating in with your purchasing. No need to transfer your data onto an order sheet outside CoConstruct. Just a few clicks and your ordering is done!

Cons

- there isn't an easy and streamlined way (like there is with trades) to communicate with your team.

This reviewer only left a rating

My business partner and I are real estate agents that partnered up with a builder to help them provide better customer service and communication. The builder already had a great reputation of building a top quality home, so the main area we were looking to improve was communication with clients and to maximize their building experience. We know they will love their home once complete, but getting them...

Used for Custom Home Building

Pros

This was great to use for custom homes. Our clients could log in and see progress and make notes, ask questions. We could send them options to choose for lighting, colors, etc. This was ensured there was not a miscommunication. We had a central hub for everyone.

Cons

It was very challenging syncing CC with quick books, they had to have their cost of goods coded a certain way. Also once a choice was decided by the client the section was locked. We could not make notes or add questions.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.