All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Co-construct Reviews

Co-construct is easy way to manage client communications

The program has been really great for improving our tracking and management of changes and decisions. The software continues to improve and add features, which is great and the support is excellent.

Pros

This has great communication tracking for keeping track of decisions and changes between the clients and the project managers.

Cons

As with any project management software there is a learning curve and it take a while to figure out how to organize your information and become efficient with your data entry.

CoConstruct

Pros

It is amazing how helpful this software has been to me on a daily basis. I am able to view my projects, determine upcoming material needs, schedule contractors, communicate with the customer, make notes, and keep each project separate and organized. My customers enjoy seeing the progress on their project. It eliminates a lot of unneccesar

Cons

It is time consuming to set up a new project but well worth the effort for the end result.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a third generation homebuilder, founded in 1946. We build semi custom homes in our own subdivisions and also do some spot building on buyer's lots. Thanks to the foresight of both my grandfather and father many of the systems (change orders, work orders, warranty etc.) we had in place worked extremely well. However, they were all paper based. About 7 years ago I felt it was time to get some...

Cons

Does what it is supposed to do

Tech support is the best. Always answers my calls when needed and has always gave me the help to get me back on track. They also keep adding new features without all the extra fees.

Pros

The benefits of using this program strongly out way the set up time needed to function to our contracting format. It helps us stay at a very professional level.

Cons

It forces me to do what I should do anyway to be fully organized.

This reviewer only left a rating

Co-construct, where do I start. Gadsby Builders is a small building company based in South East Queensland, Australia. Our area of expertise is one off Architectural homes and renovations, our clients demand the highest standard of both workmanship and service, the workmanship we are able to provide, our service although very good was always needing that extra something to take it from very good...

Best Management Tool for contractors

Pros

CoConstruct is an easy to use and implement tool for contractors and custom builders. We have tried several of the other competitors and CoConstruct is by far the easiest and best tool out there. With full integration of specifications, budgets and accounting it saves us easily 10+ hours a week of repetitive data entry. It is a fantastic tool for communicating with our clients and subcontractors.

Cons

There is nothing I would classify as a con of using CoConstruct, the support team is always there to help us through a problem if we get stuck and they gave us tremendous support in implementing the product.

This reviewer only left a rating

Revington Renovations is a company focused on renovations and developments. We pride ourselves with being a very personal renovation company and look forward to seeing family’s faces light up when we hand over their renovated space! Whether it’s a $500,000+ house renovation, a $50,000 basement development, a $5,000 bathroom upgrade, or smaller projects including decks, fences, flooring or cosmetic...

Cons

An easy program to get up and running with the basics.

Pros

I like the response time from the people at Co-construct when I've had a question or problem to work out. They have been very timely in getting back to me. Co-construct is a great way for our construction business to organize many jobs at once and communicate with everyone in the office. Additionally, it is a digital record of all that transpired.

Cons

Sometimes when I'm in selections view for a particular project and I want to go to a different project, Co-construct doesn't always allow me to type in the new projects name in the scroll down box. Sometimes the down arrow is there and allows me to click and search for another name/address and sometimes it isn't. When it isn't I then have to go back to Main Menu and find the particular project by scrolling...

Robin -- Thanks for the heads-up. We're putting in a fix this weekend to address the occasional time where the drop-down menu for switching a project doesn't allow you to search by name. Our project grouping feature may also be of use to you for quickly getting to a project, among a long list of jobs. We'll follow up with you with more detail.

Significant part of our successful project management

Simply put, we could not function at the level of efficiency and effectiveness without this program, and its helpful support staff.

Pros

The centralized and well organized communication is key. We feel, as do our clients, that we are truly all "on the same page".

Cons

Interface with other software. It works, but at times sync with Quickbooks is delayed. The new Invoice feature is a step in the right direction, but again interface with Quickbooks has hindered our use of this feature.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a small custom home builder in Southern Illinois that has recently started using Co-construct. All I can say is "Wow." This program has made our lives so much easier on a day-to-day basis. No more lost selections, hassles with paperwork, signing off documents, or other common industry frustrations. We had a simple system before we started using Co-construct, and it is a miracle looking...

Cons

We are a small custom builder and spec home builder

Any small builder looking to up their company operations and their client interface should consider. We continue to grow with COCONSTRUCT and have dedicated a staff member to giving weekly classes to our team on better practices with the system.

Pros

The tracking of our projects with all divisions of the company. The ability for the client to participate in many areas creates an environment that is healthy for both parties in the transaction. Gives them true clarity to what is and is going to happen on their project.

Cons

Lack of all access on tablets or phones. We are wanting our field guys to have tablets instead of laptops but everyone claims limited function.

Dan -- Thanks for being dedicated to learning more and more about CoConstruct so you can make the most of it. We'll reach out to you directly about the mobile app to see if there's some training we can offer, since we have a whole set of field-focused mobile app (for phone and tablet) features, including time clock, job logs, photos (which you can draw on), schedules, client/trade communication, and even letting your PMs track budget-to-actuals. I suspect that your field guys are busy and may not have seen some of the announcements about our latest features. So, we'll make sure you have the info you need to take advantage of it!

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a small remodeling company that has been doing building and remodeling for over eighteen years. We are big on communication with our clients to help them get their projects built. What I really like about Co-construct is: Co-construct Is one of the only online software system that both the contractor and the client can use together. I love the fact that the client can have communication with...

Good For Clients

Pros

I like that clients can see what they need to see and that it can be used as a tool for selections. It would be a good tool for our trades if they used it more. Some refuse to do so, so we're still having to communicate w/ them outside this program.

Cons

I don't like that the accounting function doesn't work with Quick Books as indicated. But, I also don't think it should be. I also think it's not as user friendly as it could be. For me, it's pretty easy, but for some of our Project Managers, it's a foreign language and there are too many places to go to write something. It's also hard to find things once you've written them. The scheduling part of it is really difficult for the guys in the field to use. The links with days and such is somewhat confusing for them, also.

Hi Jenny – Thanks for the feedback, but I’d love to have our support team get in touch to answer your concerns about the QuickBooks and scheduling features. We have lots of points of integration with QuickBooks, including our unique ability to pull budget actuals and give up-to-the-day revised projected totals. Our team is happy to do a screenshare to make sure all of the QuickBooks settings are correct....

Excellent Software Tailored For The Industry

I am shifting all of my company's operations to either live on or interact with CoConstruct because of how robust the software is, and because it is forcing me to use the industry's best practices.

Pros

The abundant features are clearly the result of years of work implementing users' requests. Most of my ideas are already features.

Cons

The interface can be a little bit clunky at times, and once in a while there is not a convenient link where I expect one.

Exactly what I didn't know I needed!

I stumbled upon Co-Construct at the KBIS/IBS in Orlando last month and was very interested in the idea. When I spent some time with the person at the exhibit I realized this was something I needed to pull my business together in a cohesive way. There was another competitor I looked at but Co-Construct is really designed for custom building and remodeling, i.e.: I never do the same job twice. It was...

Pros

Online, ease of use and excellent support.

Cons

QB online integration could be more intuitive. Accounting codes had to be redone in QB online to be able to sync. Even when done it still needs various tweaks to get it going.

We're now *ahead* of schedule and selling more

I was just like every other builder out there, I am competitive on price, I provide a good product and we have good service, but that all usually goes haywire the moment we start to get too busy and then I cant keep up with the paperwork, our quality suffers and I end up with upset and confused clients. Prior to co-construct I used a regular Microsoft Gantt chart for our schedules which, when we...

Cons

Excellent communication and tracking tool

Increased profitability on jobs due to communication tools, details don't fall through the cracks. Have used this software for 5+ years and would recommend to any builder looking for a software that can streamline the construction process.

Pros

Communication hub so no one misses a message or question.

Cons

There have been no cons to report, other than some of the tools that we elect not to use as is doesn't benefit our business model such as time clock.

This reviewer only left a rating

I was just like every other builder out there, I am competitive on price, I provide a good product and we have good service, but that all usually goes haywire the moment we start to get too busy and then I cant keep up with the paperwork, our quality suffers and I end up with upset and confused clients. Prior to co-construct I used a regular MIcrosoft Gantt chart for our schedules which, when we...

Processes and Procedures

I have come to the conclusion that Co-Construct is NOT a piece of software; Co-Construct is a comprehensive, enterprise-wide, process solution. Our business is crazy busy which lead us to react to every situation without the time to manage situations in advance. Of course, that leads to customer dissatisfaction, money leaking through the cracks, Superintendents without clear specifications, thus many re-works (read $$$). Co-Construct is in the process of quieting that all down. It has caused us to think through the Co-Construct implementation and the all the processes and procedures surrounding each customer home. EUREKA!

Pros

All-encompassing systemic approach that positively impacts the entire business and the entire construction process.

Cons

It is complex and takes a hero/believer in the company to be the the one Co-Construct voice. The setup can be intimidating and time consuming. I think so people become overwhelmed and just don't use it. I'd suggest "Co-Construct Implementer's" to work with each business during the set up process - if for no other reason that to keep the builder motivated.

Leap of faith

Awesome, customer support has been of the rails with us. Thanks again [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!

Pros

User friendly, construction schedule is amazing

Cons

Takes a little bit of time to get up to speed

Not bad for semi-custom building- not great for fully custom.

The software is a good fit for semi-custom builders. It was sold to us as a fit for fully custom work, but it's not suited for that. The whole system is built around specification sheets. The idea is that you can build it once with your standard options, have your client click on choices, and all is entered. Problem is, in a company like ours, there is no standard. Every job is different. The...

Cons

We're sorry when our system isn't a good fit for one of our clients. Co-construct was specifically designed for custom contractors, and even when no two jobs are the same, we believe that there always exists some possibility for reuse. That's how we bring efficiency to even the most custom projects. Unfortunately, this builder decided to take a different path than suggested by our support team. Regarding...

Co-Camp Review

Hi all, My remodeling company is in the throws of transitioning from another construction management software. When we chose the other software we also looked at Co-Construct and chose the other. It was clunky, full of work arounds for us, and was not professionally supported. We got an email about two years later from Co-Construct wanting to know how satisfied we were with the original choice which spurred my re-inquiry to Co-Construct. Since we are now in the middle stages of implementation I can't be more excited to be working with the Co-Construct team. They are all great. My team can't wait to turn off the old management software as soon as the ongoing jobs are complete.

Pros

Integration of all the processes of a complicated process with many moving parts. Co-Camp kick start is a major help in understanding how all of the moving parts play together and greatly eases quick implimentation.

Cons

None that I can think of now. The team may want to figure out a way to integrate daily photos with daily logs so the images tie to daily comments.

This reviewer only left a rating

We have been using Co-construct since 2007. This program has made our jobs so much easier because of the great system for communicating with our clients about all the details of their home under construction. It is designed in a simplistic, common sense manner which is easy for our staff as well as our clients to navigate. Our clients know exactly what products are specified in our contract and...

Cons

Great tool for small business owner

We could not do what we do with co-construct.....period.

Pros

Keeps everything organized, in one place and helps the clients stay on track to make their selections when we need them. Great place to store approved documents as well.

Cons

There aren't many at all but, I would prefer the files that are added to each selection be automatically organized by date so they're easy to reference later.

Co- Construct understands builders and Customers

great company excellent customer support. they listen to builders needs

Pros

easy to customize to your business and easy for customers to learn

Cons

the estimating is a little tough to learn

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.