All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Co-construct Reviews

Client Management

Pros

CoConstruct removes the "gray area" often used by clients to negotiate free services. The software pays for itself by removing this drain on project profitability.

Cons

The product takes some initial time to set up. It makes you really think about your business operating style.

ONLY SOFTWARE TO USE - BUILDER TRENDS MIS-REPRESENTS

LOVE CO-CONSTRUCT

Pros

Customer Service. They have a complete desire to serve you. They want you to win. They want your life to be easier and make your business more prosperous. They are completely honest. Builder Trend has mis- represented themselves to us and the abilities of co- construct many times to us.

Cons

I have nothing to say here but the form is making me write something here. It has to be 100 characters so I am just typing.

This reviewer only left a rating

I'm a remodeler in Denver, CO, and use Co-construct for every one of my jobs. I have been in the building industry for over 30 years, and I have looked at literally hundreds of project management software packages. Most other packages all fall short in one area or another in the areas that are just are so critical in "hooking" everything together. Co-constuct has enhanced our operation way beyond...

CC review

Pros

Organization of our projects and willingness to adapt and change product to better the experience with builders.

Cons

Implementation is difficult and time-consuming, It took time for our company but if we would try to implement the product now compared to 5 years ago I don't know how we would do it.

Amazing functionality for a great price.

Overall, great software for a much lower price point than all the competitors. If you are a smaller company, like mine, and you have a tight budget, this is great, functional software.

Pros

This software contains all the features a remodeling company or building company needs to function efficiently. Exports to QuickBooks and other accounting software for convenient billing and bookkeeping.

Cons

Different features don’t flow through to eachother within the software. For example, you cannot create tasks in schedule from line items in the estimate page, which would seem pretty basic. Also the user interface is a tad cumbersome.

Excellent Project Management & Great App!

Pros

I love the collaborative feel of the product. Our clients enjoy using it and being able to reach us via co-construct without worrying that we may miss the message in the en-masse emails of everyday running a business. I also like that I can keep up to date on what we need on a project when my boss is out of the office. She doesn't have to wait to get back and go over the project with me - I can see all the specs/drawings through co-construct. The customer support is top notch too. I had a question and posted it to the help forum - they had an answer email for me within minutes!

Cons

I would love to see even more functionality in the app! We've had some user issues on the client side, but I think that is a generational learning gap more than an actual software flaw. Some of our older clients don't feel the site is as intuitive as I do.

Best customer service ever!

Pros

That they are always improving the software to make the project management experience even better.

Cons

GPS tracking on the time clock system does not track in real time. This helps with employees who forget to switch from one job to another when the travel between jobs.

Construction sales manager and daily co-construct user

Pros

I have to say that I was reluctant to use a new product, I can now geniunly say that co construct make the construction management process a breeze for each and every end user in our company including the client who is our sole reason for being in business, the program lends itself perfectly to our transparency policy and our clients love the ease of use and the lack of effort it takes, rather than pick up a phone 95% of our clients will post a message to co-construct and that message goes to evert single member of our team from the guy digging the footer in the clients back yard to the owner of the company.

Cons

The only feature I'd like to see easier to use would be a dial feature to call directly out of the program but I have to admit even as a moderately experienced user I would bet I only use 50% of the capabilities of this amazing and awesome construction proccess manager

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a Remodeling and Custom Home Builder and have been operating in Texas for over thirty years. Co-construct has definitely made our lives much easier in communicating with our clients, trades, and scheduling our projects. We have been using Co-construct for almost two years and have been extremely happy with the product and especially happy with the customer service. Prior to using Co-construct,...

This reviewer only left a rating

Stone Creek Builders is a multifaceted residential and light commercial remodeling company. We do a variety of projects ranging from kitchen remodels to office buildings. Regardless of what we are doing, there are several consistent things we need to do in order to build great projects. These things not only create a profitable environment for us, but also enhance the customer experience in the following...

Cons

Great tool with a great company constantly innovating and improving!

Pros

Constant improvements by CoConstruct make it an ever improving product with virtually zero downtime over our years of use!

Cons

There really isn't much not to like honestly. It is a commitment to get it up and rolling, but it is one worth making and it will change your business!

User friendly

Pros

The format is easy to follow and that our customers can watch what is going on with there house through there log in is exciting for them.

Cons

Some of the updates done to the system do not benefit all users, but I do understand that it has to be rolled out to everyone.

Great product and great service!

Pros

I have been working in construction and construction management for the past 20 years and this program/app has made my life INCREDIBLY easier! If there's ever an issue or even just a question, all it takes is a phone call and "boom", problem solved and "poof", questions answered.

Cons

The ONLY thing I would change is in regards to the app and the lack of notifications and the inability to update or change the schedules.

Jeff -- Thanks for the feedback, and good news... we're in beta testing now for the notification features you're asking for, and you'll have them live on your app before Santa comes to town!

Transformed my life in my business

I can't tell you how much we love Coconstruct. We are new to it, maybe using it 4 months, and I just returned from CoCamp. This software makes charging for extras a breeze, and no hassle with the clients. I'm sure we earn an extra 5-10% on each job due to capturing accurately extra. It makes communication with the client flawless. Every choice, every question is clearly defined and recorded....

Pros

I like best the selection page, the ease of doing proposals, and the change orders (extras)

Cons

Can't think of anything

CoConstruct is a great match for our Home Building and Remodeling business

We worked with BuilderTREND for several years but were not using all the features and were not super happy. We took a look and CoConstruct and found it to be much better suited for our entire company. I work with the scheduling all the time now with all our projects - large and small. My son Paul and I use the estimating to generate proposals and budgets and Paul is starting to use all the financial components to tie into Quickbooks. He even is starting to push time clock hours into Quickbooks for payroll. Our field people love the To-Do and the schedules.

Pros

I personally love the scheduling. Easy to move around and update. The fact that the selection deadlines tie into the schedule is a great feature.

Cons

It was great being able to work in person with the CoConstruct people during CoCamp. I wish St. Louis was much closer to Virginia so we could go back for some more one on one.

I don't know how I lived without CoConstruct!

Pros

Ease of use, ability to customize, INCREDIBLE and friendly support. I only use part of the software, but it makes my life so much easier!

Cons

The only con's are that I don't have enough time (yet) to fully set up all the modules. And that is on me!

Impressive Assistant

Co-Construct is like an all-knowing assistant that you should hire on the spot. It has the ability to let you get your life back and enjoy your business and owning your business instead of letting your business own you. Co-Construct solves the problems you hear from your Clients, Partners, Employees, and the voices in your head at 3am.

Pros

The ability of the software is obvious. The key "pros" to me was learning the commitment of the employees behind the scenes. They genuinely believe in the product and are just as enthusiastic about new development, customer support, and being a great business partner, as I am.

Cons

The "cons" to me are shapeable into "pros". This software is not simple to use ...at the beginning. It is difficult at first to understand why all the upfront work in developing your Client templates is necessary. However, a commitment to a training class opened the doors and made sense of the importance of the upfront investment of time and thought. It develops the knowledge that unleashes the power of the product.

This reviewer only left a rating

Philip Building Group builds new homes as well as renovate/extend. Concurrently running 6-8 projects, we strained maintaining selection records and monitoring changes. With four office administrators, we found emails containing client instructions and changes would sometimes go to different administrators and therefore get stored on different mail servers; finding this was later was not easy. Co-construct...

Great Program!

Keep up the good work and great customer service so far. Part of why I moved forward with this program is because of customer rep who did a great job and KBIS demonstrating the product and discussing the possibilities.

Pros

I like the ease of use and simplicity. I don't like spending a ton of time with the infrastructure and getting it to work. I just need tools that work so I can focus on the content of my own projects.

Cons

I think additional consideration needs to be given about products. Allow me to enter in products, just like you would in a database, and each product would have customizable attributes. I could then in turn include those in my estimates, bids, PO's quickly and easily. Even though I am a custom home builder we often use the same grouping of products through each project. Allow me to save products in the system. Oh yeah, Can I have this in April 2019? I am going to just keep typing this in all my reviews until I get it! LOL

Co-Construct Review

Support is exceptional. Always quick and very friendly. I've never had a bad experience with support.

Pros

Very nice to have all documents in a location where everyone can view them. Very handy to have a place where everyone can comment on items instead of emailing each other.

Cons

A few functions that could be better. Support keeps track of these and makes a "wish list" which I assume they will try to implement as soon as possible.

Nice looking online, but bad reports if using for quoting purposes.

Overall a good product but lacks on functional reports for quotations. Not easily implements simple change requests.

Pros

Customer service walks you through issues

Cons

Takes a lot of time to learn how to navigate and enter data. Does not integrate with a Canadian Quickbooks.

Ben -- Thanks for the note. We did want to let you know that there are several ways to create change orders in the system. If you have all of your selections in the system, you can, with a couple of clicks, turn those decisions into change orders. If it's a non-selections item, you can simply create a new document, type in the change, put in the amount, and click who needs to approve it. So, whichever route you go, Co-construct has a secure way to quickly create COs and get digital signature signoffs on them. Regarding QuickBooks, we do support a subset of QuickBooks Desktop features for users on Canadian Edition. We are looking at updating that to include the full feature set in the not-too-distant future.

Co-construct has changed the shape of our company and relationships with our clients!

NA

Pros

Customer communication, organization, scheduling benefits, 24/7 budget tracking at a great price! Customer service is amazing.

Cons

Not having full access to certain areas on the app. I can't add anything else to this for recommendations.

CoConstruct's customer support is the new industry-standard!

Their web-based interface is VERY clean. Plus, they are constantly and systematically updating their product, listening to the feedback of their users. Incredible.

Pros

Hands-down the best customer support I have seen lately...really, they're incredible. Between their web-based knowledge base, their videos, the training coach they assign to you at the start of your enrollment, the customer support you can reach by phone during business hours, the support you can receive via email, AND the support you can receive via email during the weekend, these guys are insane about customer support! This company is going to DOMINATE the market!

Cons

Because of the vast amount of features this product offers, the learning curve is not for the faint of heart. But, their customer is really, the best that I have ever seen for a tech company, so if you're willing to put in the time up-front, you will never look back.

CoConstruct Review

Pros

We struggled with finding the right program for our business. Information was getting lost in translation since adding CoConstruct our efficiency is increasing dramatically. The site is very easy to use. They have a "coach" that is helpful in throughout the process of implementation as well as online help.

Cons

We are a remodeling company where every project is different, this is tailored to a new home, or new home construction. As a result software has been a challenge. We are able to make CoConstruct work for us.

Great product but not for everyone

Pretty good. Improved company operations significantly but has become a resources bottleneck. Field people find the updating cumbersome.

Pros

Visually attractive, conceptually complete. Great for customer selections and communications logs.

Cons

Developed for low volume /custom builders who have the time to input data for each job separately and adjust the schedules manually.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.