CoConstruct Logo

Construction software for home builders and remodelers

CoConstruct Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.32/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

contractor-foreman
buildxact

The program has been really great for improving our tracking and management of changes and decisions. The software continues to improve and add features, which is great and the support is excellent.
It's also great to know that they are continually working to improve this software to make it even more user friendly for construction companies.
Not all clients will use it, but those who do love it. We use the mobile app on our iPhones and it's great to add quick notes in the field or look up important information.
We were looking to eliminate places of duplicate entry - not create more. Document management is horrible.
Time to finally transition to ProCore and let Co-Construct keep their mess. I rather pay the higher fee for a service that won't drive away my customers.
Problems with entering taxes. Uses a text format rather than Word in Proposal/Estimate section.

DL

Denise L.

Director of Finance

An Accountant's view of CoConstruct

Transcript

Denise L.: Hi. I'm Denise. I am a director of finance with a small construction company on the Mississippi...

CA

Christopher A.

Great Project Team Communications

Pros

The communication and contextualization of information is awesome. I love that everything for a project can be found in one place and shared to all the people on the team that need it. I love that homeowners can have a voice that is not my text inbox and the information goes to more than just me so it is acted on. I love that team at Co-Construct is constantly listening and working to improve the software to better fit my team, my trade partners and my homeowners requests. I love the integration with QB. And last but not least I love the mobile app.

Cons

On the homeowners side there is not currently a search bar and it makes it hard for homeowners to find specific information. Other than that its really a great software.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Truly a fully integrated program...

Overall the experience has been nice. As someone who is constantly on the road or at a project site I would love it if the mobile application worked more consistently. If you only plan to use this software in an office environment then I think it is a great value for the price.

Pros

CoContruct lives up to his brand of a fully integrated system by providing all the important project management features from financial management to client management. This program has been a great tool for all of my remodeling projects. I am impressed by the ability to communicate financial tracking directly with the client.

Cons

The mobile version looks great. It is clean and very easy to use. However it is very glitchy like most mobile project management software. I have experienced numerous error messages while trying to use their mobile app.

DV

Daniel V.

Stay Away

Started out well, but got worse and worse as time went on. Could never get straight answers from customer service. Overall do not recommend it, especially to builders just starting out. And forget it if you want to every transfer your data out of it. They make it almost impossible, and will never refund your payments, even if they are at fault. I wish someone would actually resolve my issues I have right now.

Pros

Keeps you organized, but any other management system achieves that. Clients like it. Can customize your branding pretty well.

Cons

For the price, the program is completely gutted. You pay an exorbitant amount per project, and still get less features than other programs like Builder Trend. It’s clunky, poorly laid out, and the customer service is terrible. I’ve had to wait on the phone over an hour on multiple occasions and I know they don’t have that many clients. Can’t chat for tech support. No account managers. Again, save your money. So basic for how expensive it is, especially now that Builder Trend has a $99 option for unlimited projects.

Hey Daniel, Thank you for your feedback. We want to apologize for the experience you've had, it seems like a lot of back and forth. After you wrote a similar review on another platform we reached out to you to better understand your frustrations and the situation at hand, but got no reply. After looking over your account and talking to our Customer Success team it appears as though your...

Design, 201-500 employees

Organization Made Easy

Hands down the best program for project managing.

Pros

This program is amazing for organizing each project. Love that it has a check list/to do list feature. It has reminders, it has easy estimating system and a built in storage system easily accessible for anyone with in the trades. Every designer/ project managers dream come true, everything can be accessed through your cellphone.

Cons

I have no cons to state for this software, it has honestly made a big difference in managing my projects.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Co Construct has been a godsend

Overall I am satisfied. It has many features that have proven useful over the time period in which we have used it. We are looking forward to seeing what the future has in store for this already feature jam-packed software.

Pros

Absolutely everything about this product perfectly fits our needs. It has every feature we were looking for, and THEN some! The to do list is a life saver for one, And coordinating schedules works seamlessly. I love having the option to share files, and have a quick way to channel information promptly.

Cons

I think that the only thing that could use some work is sharing files and photos. It needs to be more streamlined. One of the guys could not get it to work. A tool tip would have been good for him to view to explain things in more detail.

Roman G.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Good, not great

Pros

The tools that they make available to you are great, there isn’t a single lice of functionality that i needed that they didn’t have.

Cons

The software isn’t intuitive, takes quite some time to figure out how everything likes together. Assigning a trade to a task at a time seems straight forward but it isn’t. They also have budgeting tools, however those tool don’t connect to the scheduling portion in anyway, it’s like you have to fun two full programs all the time. Pretty clunky.

Great for Estimating and Scheduling

Overall - great! The program is pretty easy to use and even with limited experience, everyone has been able to pick up and use the program with relative ease. Fantastic customer support.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use. Nothing that is commonly used is buried too far into the program. Having access all web-based allows me to use it anywhere which really helps communication between the field and office staff. Spectacular customer service.

Cons

The selections can be difficult to manage. I like that you can upload files/photos, but I wish you could have more 'living' documents. Every time I change anything in our Scope of Work of plans, I need to save/upload the new file and delete the previous.

BC

Bruce C.

Excellent!

CoConstruct has helped us streamline our office requirements per client job (ie less time spent on a computer). Our computer communication with clients now has a very professional look. I feel CoConstruct has stepped created a 21st century look to our companies technology. It helps us and our sub-contractors communicate and stay on schedule. We're very satisfied with the software and the client service.

Pros

Easy to use...streamlines our work process and communication with client...fantastic staff support.

Cons

The multi-step process for change orders. However, it may just be a new learning curve we need to overcome. And after attending Co-Camp, we believe we have a better grasp of the steps.

Kristy D.

Great for Contractors!

Not only is the software making it easier and quicker to create estimates, it has also saved me time in scheduling as well. The phone tutorials that they offer are vital and they are always there to help you out.

Pros

So easy to use but still very thorough. They have really thought out the processes and created a section for each step of the construction process. They have also thought about legalities and how to protect yourself and your business.

Cons

I would like the estimate setup to be a little more professional. It is a very basic layout but I know they are working to improve this.

I love using this app while my house is being built.

Pros

This app is so helpful - I can see the schedule of what is being done daily on my house, I can correspond with the builder, I can see how money has been spent thus far on the house, it allows you to see everything you have picked out for your house. It has a tab for Schedule, Finances, Spec & Selections, Change Orders, To Do , Warranty.

Cons

I have not found anything that I dislike about this program. I will update in the future if I find anything i like least about this software.

BT

Brad T.

This reviewer only left a rating

I am a third generation home builder in the Kansas City, Missouri market. Our family has been building and developing for over 50 years through both good times and bad. We build homes that range from $250,000 to $5,000,00000. With the recent economic downturn, we had to naturally downsize our company in order to survive. We went from 50 homes per year to 2 per year, but are now starting to see signs...

DB

Dwayne B.

Absolutely the Best

Pros

To be honest there our company relies on Co-Construct daily to operate. Our team clock in which is tracked back to the project to know where you are with the budgeted hours. The scope of work is detailed through the specs and selections. Communication with our team, clients and trade partners is all tracked and never lost. Our clients constantly tell us how easy it is to use and its a selling feature...

Cons

There is a need for a WHIP report to help knowing a bit better where a project is financially vs the schedule.

MC

Mac C.

Self-employed

Handyman evolution

I can’t say enough about the customer service - specifically the “how do I do this...” type of support. They really don’t want you to fail just because you don’t understand HOW to use the app.

Pros

Good/bad? Good is not an adequate description of the customer service I receive from CoConstruct. The team over there is amazing. It’s the best customer service I’ve ever had anywhere online. I honestly feel like they work for me in my IT department (I’m a one-man “wanna-be remodeler” handyman operation). Whenever I have a question I get a fully thought out, complete response that answers my question...

Cons

It can take a while to set up a project - specifically a list of generally unrelated items. I estimate a lot of home inspection reports so it’s hard to create a template that I can import for each job. The client view of some stuff is a little less transparent than I’d like (although i can type anything and everything I want into each item description). When I build out that cost lines for each item...

JR

Jon R.

Design, 11-50 employees

A HUGE win for construction companies trying to go to the next level. Especially custom builders.

Pros

As a previous user of a competing software, I have found CoConstruct to be a HUGE win for our company. We are in a process of growth, and with growth comes an increasing need for organization and structure. CoConstruct has helped us master organization and communication for our office staff, field staff, and customers. We can do our estimate in the software, which then translates to a completed Specs/Selections...

Cons

It does take some time and effort into making things work how you want them. It is a flexible software with many different solutions, so you need to spend some time and think about how you want it to look and function. The great thing is, they have several templates in there for you to start with if you do not have your own. If you're looking for a software solution to take your company to the next level, make a commitment, spend the time, take advantage of the FREE implementation coaches at CoConstruct, and get it done. You won't regret it.

HH

Heather H.

This reviewer only left a rating

Our organization prides itself on building quality custom homes, considering affordability and budgets. We truly offer a one of a kind experience through the building process, and something fairly new we offer is an on-staff Interior Designer and Selection Coordinator (me) to help our clients every step of the way - specifically on making all the decisions. Craig Fairbanks has used this program before...

DW

Derek W.

This reviewer only left a rating

We build custom homes and could not be happier with the software. Before, we were running around like crazy looking at print outs of Microsoft project and having to update the schedules at night. It was very time consuming. The scheduling is hands down the best feature of this service. It allows us to schedule our subs without spending as much time on the phone, calling everyone to inform them of what...

Mike B.

Not bad for semi-custom building- not great for fully custom.

The software is a good fit for semi-custom builders. It was sold to us as a fit for fully custom work, but it's not suited for that. The whole system is built around specification sheets. The idea is that you can build it once with your standard options, have your client click on choices, and all is entered. Problem is, in a company like ours, there is no standard. Every job is different. The...

Cons

We're sorry when our system isn't a good fit for one of our clients. Co-construct was specifically designed for custom contractors, and even when no two jobs are the same, we believe that there always exists some possibility for reuse. That's how we bring efficiency to even the most custom projects. Unfortunately, this builder decided to take a different path than suggested by our support team. Regarding...

DW

Daniel W.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are an open book residential remodeling company in Houston, Texas established April, 1992. We expand and remodel homes. Our market is homes valued between $500,000 & $3,000,000. (You can purchase a very nice home with a nice lot for $120,000.00 in Houston.) We also do work on homes damaged and covered by insurance. We maintain a project flow of 20 to 35 projects per month depending on the mix and...

JM

Jonathan M.

Game Changer

If you're not using this program and you have competition in your area that is. Get ready to be had. I tell people all the time, "If you don't have this, you're not competing on the same level as me."

Pros

Effective at streamlining the construction process and technical support that cannot be beat. This program has allowed us to make more money on each project as well as allow us the control to handle more projects at one time with the same management team.

Cons

There is a lot going on with this program. So you will need to take time to settle into using every function. It can seem daunting at times but the technical support makes it much easier. Does not have a calendar that we can use at this time. If there were a calendar more like a day to day calendar like Google Calendar this would make our type of work much easier to schedule. As it is now the calendar is good for new construction where you're subbing most if not all of it out, but it doesn't function well for in house day to day operations like estimating or when guys have multiple stops in the day.

RM

Russell M.

Connections with CoConstruct

Overall pretty solid program. The Customer Service experience has assisted greatly in adapting to the program.

Pros

The estimating software is pretty great. The Bidding software is great, as long as people understand the basics of technology. Unfortunately the Construction field does not focus on technology.

Cons

1.) When printing off the budget page There is no real way to get an overview in a quick manner. We have to minimize each individual item. 2.) There is not a way to keep incoming invoices. We can send invoices, those invoices are tracked well. 3.) The Mobile app is severely lacking. The crew is primarily on the ground and trying to conduct a lot of business on-the-go. Proposals are not accessible on the mobile app. 4.) The template mark-ups are not transferred with the templates.

TH

Tony H.

This reviewer only left a rating

I'm the owner of a company that builds 8-12 pre sold custom homes per year that range from 1M to 5M. We take the customer experience very seriously. How we take care of our customers has earned us the State of Texas Builder of the Year and we're a 2 time National Master Builder of the Year. As good as I think we are, this will make us better. I rarely get online and post reviews, but feel compelled...

DC

David C.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Exceptional product for managing multiple home remodeling projects at the the same time

If you are a home remodeler or builder, this software is most like going to save you time and money if you use it the way it was built to be used.

Pros

The scheduling module has helped us make sure that we keep to the projects timeline and at the end compare how we did to what our baseline was at the start of the project. Our clients really like the ability to have a project management tool that allows them to communicate, see overview of the financials, make selections, approve change orders, see pictures, access project files and have a repository for messages in one place. The mobile app is a huge benefit to us because we can update the schedule in the field, see what tasks are due to be completed while at the job site and look at a file when out of the office.

Cons

Would like the ability to know when we have overbooked an employee or sub for the day when preparing and updating the schedule when running multiple projects.

SS

Sandy S.

Sharpest Tool in the Box

I'm looking forward to finding the time and scratch to go to Co-Camp for a some intensive training in order to fully utilize the app's potential.

Pros

Co-Construct as helped me in all aspects with running my business in one package--client management and communication, budgeting and tracking, scheduling and sales. On the sales side, using the application sets me apart from my competition and is a real differentiator in my clients eyes, and I can confidently say my use of it factors into my clients decision making when evaluating proposals. On the...

Cons

More granular control of what my employee see. It does take a little work to get customers up to speed (but it's worth the effort). More detail in the budget view would help. Also, a better way to handle architects since they occupy a middle ground between "client" and "partner". Overall, the cons are small things that I believe Co-Construct is aware of and will eventually be addressed in future iterations of the application.

GP

Greg P.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Running my business is so much easier!

Great program, great customer service!

Pros

CoConstruct is very intuitive. My customers love being able to have a hands-on experience during their remodeling projects. I love the organizational capabilities. Having this kind of control over my business is amazing!

Cons

Would love to see more (complete) mobile functionality and a gantt chart that can drill down to minutes....what an amazing help that would be!

AE

Andrew E.

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

So Far So Good

Great so far. I have limited experience with other dedicated construction software, and this has so far been the best I have used.

Pros

Schedules, To-Dos, and Job Logs have been the three features with most immediate impact for us: 1. Schedules are easy to use, view, and track, and their accessibility/editability from multiple locations (specific project or overall Task Manager view) is wonderful. Printing out multi-project views from the Task Manager page is a bit wonky from a formatting standpoint, but functionally a crucial feature...

Cons

I am still new to using this program, so most complaints I have now will probably be resolved through discovering new software functions over time. The customer service hotline is excellent, and the Search Help Center zendesk site is a great resource for DIY problem-solvers.