Craftybase Logo

Inventory and manufacturing software for small businesses

Craftybase Reviews - Page 3

tb

tammie b.

Retail, self-employed

mostly good, but needs features.

i am sort of solving inventory issues, but there could certainly be a lot more automated features to take a lot of time off the process. if it could automatically update inventory in e-commerce systems and if it could send automatic emails to me when a product gets low, that would be hugely beneficial.

Pros

I like that it helps you price your goods including labor costs. it is pretty easy to use if you know the terminology of inventory. i also really like that it allows for consignment which a lot of other software does not. it allows for manual entry of orders which many other software programs do not.

Cons

i don't like that it doesn't update shopify or other ecommerce sites. so i have to update inventory in craftybase and then also go into shopify and update inventory there as well. you can set low inventory alerts, but it doesn't notify you, so you have to manually go in and check periodically to see which products are running low. seems to defeat the purpose of an alert. it also doesn't sync with bookkeeping systems or shipping systems.

RH

Rebecca H.

Retail, self-employed

I love Craftybase so much! My business wouldn't survive and thrive without it.

Pros

I love their customer service. Whenever I have questions or wants, I just reach out and they are quick to respond and very helpful

Cons

I wish the inventory synced with Shopify so that my inventory everywhere was correct.

MS

Morgan S.

Wholesale, self-employed

Helps track my materials and keeps my products in stock

I am new to Craftybase, so most of my experience is limited to just the setup process, but I hope this helps inventory managing and control be less stressful. I feel like Craftybase has the best set of features for products that don't come pre-assembled. I find the price point to be quite high - especially since I cannot get manufacture at a lower level plan. We will see how much value Craftybase adds and whether it is worth the price point.

Pros

I really like that Craftybase integrates with multiple sales channels that I use. This, along with auto-manufacturing makes it easy for items to be adjusted as I sell, and I can have an accurate real-time look at all the materials I have on hand.

Cons

I found the process of getting Craftybase up and running very labor intensive - especially having over 200+ SKUs. I wish there was an easier bulk editing feature. It feels really clunky at times and there is a lot of clicking in and out of different pages in order to get each product set up - even after using the upload csv feature.

CD

Chelsea D.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, self-employed

Couldn't work without it.

Pros

Craftybase is really easy to use and integrates with Shopify. Their accounting program makes tax time really easy. I love that I can manage all of my material and manufacturing costs as well as sales in one platform. I really spend so much time looking at where my business is financially in craftybase that I don't know what I would do without it. I'd highly recommend the program.

Cons

Sometimes they'll run updates without giving much notice so it'll take a bit of getting used to but is never too difficult.

SK

Sarah K.

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

Review of Craftybase

Overrall, I recommend Craftybase. They make it possible to download all the data that has been inputted and see overall projections and uses that accorded. Also, it is helpful to be able to notify us when we are running out of materials and/or it is easy to see where mistakes are, so they can be fixed. The interface is fantastic from a quick glance. Just a few too many steps to input things individually.

Pros

I LOVE that it allows multiple different parts of the business to be tracked. Expenses, products, materials used, and labor all in one place. I also appreciate the ability to download csv files of the data to easily sort out information.

Cons

There are a lot of buttons to press to complete one task, so it is easy to accidentally click the the wrong button and archive materials and/or change the pricing without meaning.

MN

MJ N.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Great product for small business

It has really helped me to set up my own small handmade business! Initially there is a lot to setup, but once you get all of the baseline info in there it really makes costing and pricing -- and taxes! -- so much easier. And it gets easier every year.

Pros

Easy to set up and use. They are always adding new features and listening to what the users want. And their customer support is fantastic! They personally reply, very quickly, to any questions or issues.

Cons

A little clunky in some parts -- too many steps sometimes to get a task done. But, again, I feel they are addressing this and adding more streamlined functionality.

DJ

Darren J.

Cosmetics, self-employed

How can I praise this software and company enough?

Pros

The best thing about working with Craftybase is the customer support. At first trying to figure the program out was rather daunting but the two owners were so very approachable and helpful in their aid they gave. They are also just two incredibly kind people who have designed great software for those of us who make things. But maybe the thing I like most is the sheer scope of the program. It just seems to accommodate all of my needs. Or maybe it its calculation of my COGs. I especially like that. Get the picture? There's lots to like here.

Cons

There was one aspect of my business I was having trouble setting up in Craftybase. But then when I thought of it I had to concede that the aspect I was trying to accommodate had nothing really to do with any kind of production and therefore Craftybase wasnt even set up to accommodate this.

SH

Samantha H.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

A must-have for handmade businesses!

Very positive- team is quick and responsive when issues arise. So much more than your basic business financial software- this is tailored to craft businesses and understands how they work.

Pros

Everything I need is in one place- my inventory, my product formulas, my orders, my expenses, my financial reports. I would be lost without it!

Cons

Big time investment up front inputting materials and expenses, but pays off in the long term. A bit of a learning curve and a few small functionalities missing ( it has trouble handling product bundles) but the pros far outweigh the cons for me.

CH

Christa H.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Craftybase saved my sanity and inevitably my business!

I was swimming in receipts, spreadsheets, and access databases before switching to Craftybase. Now I feel like my ducks are in a line and I know which direction my business is headed in.

Pros

I like that I have live time inventory data. I load in new items, can run reports on hand qtys. And see how many orders are pending for what.

Cons

I think it could be designed with a little more click and play.

DS

Debi S.

I love craftybsee

Makes my business easier to manage both daily and come tax season

Pros

Hands down, best customer service!! Their team replies quickly and gives me exactly what I need to know.

Cons

No mobile app for it. I work away from my desk and a mobile app would be greatly beneficial for me

AB

Anya B.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Excellent for small handmade business

Craftybase has been a great system to use for my business that needs to track material usage and costs as I manufacture my products. I have been very happy with it and its ease of use.

Pros

Ease of calculating COGS. Also, it's integration with Square Register is excellent

Cons

Wish it integrated with Squarespace. Also, the variances automatically created with imports from Square Register are not overly helpful

AL

Angela L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Makes tax time a breeze!

Love it. There's no substitute.

Pros

It calculates true Cost of Goods Sold based on the cost of my inventory, including pro-rated shipping/handling fees and taxes from suppliers.

Cons

Set-up for initial makes can be time consuming, but if you do a lot of production work, the time investment is well worth it.

GC

George C.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Craftybase works for us

Pros

It simplifies the process of figuring out how much to charge on a manufactured item, it basically does my taxes for me and it allows me to know what I need to restock (products or materials) with just a click or two.

Cons

It should integrate more. You have all my user data, why can't I automatically Import it into mailchimp? Why can't I create a shopping list and export it to my local online diy shop? I also can't collate my inventory on the other platforms when something sells on another - access is read only. You could do more with what you've built. Its great - it could be amazing.

LS

Leigh S.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Customer Service is above and beyond

I like the cost analysis of products, the recipe creation for each product and auto production for online sales.

Pros

Owning a craft business it is hard to find methods of maintain inventory levels, when I found craftybase I tried the trial and loved it. In addition to the ease of use, everytime I have a question I get a fast, professional response with an easy solution to my issue.

Cons

I can't think of any other than it does not integrate Etsy shipping labels. It will download but you have to associate it to the sale. It is an easy process. But if you neglect doing it it can take some time to catch up.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

A must have for handmade business

If you have a business that is already operational, it may take time to get up and running in the software. But Craftybase is by far the best solution for managing my inventory.

Pros

My absolute favorite thing about the software is the ease of tracking inventory levels. Not only finished products but also supplies.

Cons

It's not possible to change a classification/category once you create it. Inventoriable vs non-inventoriable or one product type vs another

AF

Amy F.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Can't live without it!

Lifesaver, timesaver.. Wish I'd had it from the very beginning of my business.

Pros

Craftybase is an easy to access, straightforward platform that keeps tabs on my 100s of items (materials & finished products) in inventory.

Cons

There are some small details that could be improved upon, and Craftybase seems to be very responsive to user input to improve these details.

JQ

Janice Q.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Didn't take long to learn, and help was easily available

So far, I am loving Craftybase. It is exactly what I was looking for for my business to help me streamline and be able to order materials more efficiently, make components and products more efficiently and be able to add expiry dates/lot #'s to track. The more I learn, the better it gets. I have to say that I am also very impressed with the customer service as each time I have needed to contact them for any questions or issues that have come up, they have always answered within the timeline that they have laid out in their response emails, and they have asked pertinent questions to help figure out how to solve my problem.

Pros

I like how there was a checklist available to help on where to start. I have reached out to the support desk a few times and have had great help and I didn't have to wait long for someone to answer my questions. I love the quick at-a-glance dashboard that shows me my products and materials and stock levels as well as the graph that shows profit margins and expenses.

Cons

I would really like to be able to delete products that I no longer have (discontinued) to sell instead of only being able to archive them.

MM

Mike M.

Good

Good

Pros

Ease of setup and customer service and inventory control

Cons

Adding inventory to a second store did not show correct quantity and shows -quantiys

EF

Emily F.

Retail, self-employed

Exactly what I need for my candle biz!

Love this software!

Pros

I love how it keeps track of costs for every material and tracks material batches.

Cons

I wish it had more options for keeping track of extra things on orders like gift boxes or add ons. I would also like to see a bundling option for products after orders are placed.

RH

Rebecca H.

Alternative Medicine, 1-10 employees

Craftybase has changed the way we do business.

The Craftybase team is always so helpful and quick to respond. They even turned one of my suggestions into a feature and then made sure to tell me so I could use it! I really think you get a lot of value with Craftybase.

Pros

We manufacture bath and body care products and have increased our private label customer base which means there are more things to track. Craftybase keeps us on track with inventory, material inventory, orders and expenses. They are always trying to improve the software and add suggested options.

Cons

There isn't really anything I like least, but I do wish that the sales channel's variations would match up with the variations I create in Craftybase so I don't have to manually adjust every order to reflect the size.

NB

Nicole B.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Solves Problems and Answers Questions, I didn't know I had

I am thankful for this program and its ability to help organize our business and the many ingredients and products with multiple online sales outlets. It also helps to see where your time and money go, especially in ways you may not have realized.

Pros

Unique format that provides solutions to small business owners who are trying to expand their company. Provides a place and format for information that is confusing and complicated to organize.

Cons

Some things are stuck the way they are and dont apply to what Im doing or if things change in the way we create products it is hard to apply the changes. Syncing products from multiple sales channels instead of them showing as unique products over and over again can be frustrating.

LE

Leslie E.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Great Time & money saver for a small business.

My overall experience has been great. Their customer service has been on point....always quick to respond, friendly and professional. It's been easy to keep up with my expenses and profits for taxes too.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use. I love that it keeps my recipes and shows when an ingredient is getting low or even the whole product so I can schedule when to restock. I am also thankful that it shows my costs in making each product along with showing recommended retail & wholesale pricing, as well as what my profits are.

Cons

Some of the features can be confusing. For me, the stocktakes have been too time consuming, so right now it's not my favorite.

LS

Lindsay S.

Cosmetics, self-employed

My external brain!

cannot live without it!

Pros

It does everything I need as far as inventory, taxes, expenses, recipes, prices. I don't know how I would live without it!

Cons

some things are not as efficient as they could be - like doing things in batches or bulk changes. And I wish it integrated better with bigcommerce.

AB

Aimee B.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Great for sole crafting business

It was easy to set up. As a first time craft business owner, I needed an easy set up to make sure I was doing my orders, materials, inventory and accounting correctly.

Pros

This was very easy to set up and get started. Easy to see what I have available at a glance, who has ordered and paid. The reports I’m able to get is so helpful. The help section has solved some items I didn’t understand.

Cons

It took awhile to understand the reporting available to me.

RI

Robin I.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Best inventory software available

Pros

I find Craftybase SUPER easy to use. I make products that require multiple levels of inventory tracking, and had been looking for software to help me accomplish this for months. When I stubbed upon Craftybase, it was almost too good to be true! The software is easy to use, is detailed enough to be incredibly useful for my business, and automatically syncs with most of my sales channels. It's awesome. I can't recommend it enough.

Cons

The product variations are useful i some situations, but tricky in others. I wish I had more control over the way things are imported from the sales channels since I don't care about some aspects of those orders and do for others.