Craftybase Logo

Craftybase

Inventory and manufacturing software for small businesses

Craftybase Reviews - Page 4

JK

Jess K.

Retail, self-employed

Craftybase is a seriously useful tool for makers

Pros

What I like most about Craftybase is it calculates COGS based on all data, in real time. So if the price of your materials rises, Craftybase will automatically reflect those increases in your COGS. If you have more than a handful of products, this can really save you time and ensure you have the most accurate understanding of your COGS so that you can ensure to price your products profitably.

Cons

This is not the quickest/easiest software to use, and maybe that's to be expected when dealing with something as complex as manufacturing handmade items that require various materials. I'm busy with a ton of different things going on, so I still haven't made time to do a full set up of everything in Craftybase yet, and it's been months (this is not an issue with the software itself).My least favorite thing about Craftybase is it's price. I was automatically upgraded to a higher subscription plan when reaching my max limit for my monthly order line item limit, when it didn't seem to me like I was making so many sales that it justified that price.

HW

Hershal W.

It covers everything

I am using to program to solve my bookkeeping and inventory needs. It seems to cover every aspect of those needs and more. It is not only covering those need but helping with personal help that goes beyond bookkeeping and inventory, like setting up my designs for making my products and notes

Pros

This software covers everything for the designer and manufacturer jewelry business. It's not difficult to use but it works better if you are just starting your business. The examples are very good and very well covered.

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was more video of the process. There is a lot of reading to do at times to grasp what you need to do,

JK

Julie K.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Great way to calculate prices and understand your

There was about a six week learning curve understand the software. However, I believe it’s because the software has so many options for you. Customer service has been awesome and now I depend on it completely.

Pros

Calculating your cost of goods and time spent to make your products. Let you figure out where is the best defend your time. Also allows you to calculate prices for multiple platforms

Cons

System doesn’t calculate cost of goods on product that was built prior to starting the software. I understand the reason, however, it makes the first year a little difficult to easily get your taxes together.

Thanks for the great review Julie! You'll be pleased to hear that it is possible to calculate COGS on products that were manufactured before you began tracking with Craftybase - you can do this by setting a Starting Adjustment for the product, or you can alternatively backdate your stock changes as far back as you wish to include your past manufactures. Feel free to get in touch with us at support if you need a hand with this part of Craftybase and we'll be very happy to help!

BL

Bex L.

Couldn’t work without it

I’ve been a long term user and been very happy with it - especially useful if linking to Etsy, also the support is brilliant t and very friendly and prompt

Pros

It’s easy to use It’s much better than an excel It’s very visual when planning inventory

Cons

Could be cheaper (says anyone with cogs)

MD

Marie D.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Amazing Software!

I was really looking for a solution to track raw materials and products so I can get a better (paperless!) way to track products so I can project my manufacturing schedule, and get a better idea of what products take a while to sell vs. what products sell quickly. A BIG thing I was looking for was a way to automate product pricing, to make sure that I was incorporating overhead, all materials, and MY TIME into the bottom line price.

Pros

I LOVE that I can track materials and containers in a way that automatically reduces stock when I manufacture products. No more trying to remember to manually adjust spreadsheets, or try to create my own inventory system.

Cons

Not necessarily a software specific issue, but learning a whole new "language" to understand what Manufactures, Components vs. Materials, etc was a bit of a learning curve.

BM

Bhavik M.

Food Production, 1-10 employees

Crafty Base Review

We have a complex manufacturing process with materials and components. Crafty base does a good job keeping us on top of our stock levels and margins.

Pros

The Import and Export of data The number of reports User interface

Cons

Issues with linking of Square (draft invoices)

AV

Arianna V.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 1-10 employees

Perfect for my needs as a small business that custom makes products in-house

Craftybase has really made calculating inventory figures for taxes a lot less stressful. I'm so grateful it exists!

Pros

I like that it's specifically made for small/micro businesses that make their own products. There's a lot of other inventory software solutions out there, but they're all for larger businesses with very different needs and as a result have a lot of complicated features that small business owners don't need and will be overwhelmed by. Craftybase is the only software that has the exact features I need, including integrations with my sales channels (Shopify and Etsy).

Cons

There are sometimes glitches and errors however support is usually pretty good about responding quickly and making fixes/corrections in a timely manner.

NK

Nicole K.

Syncs PERFECTLY with Etsy

I do not like that the transaction fees are in the expense category. I know they are an expense, but I wish they were separate from the rest of my business expenses. I also wish it would take the sales tax that a customer paid and Etsy remitted on my behalf and take it out of my income. Or at least deduct it out in a separate tax section to show that it was collected and remitted to the appropriate state.

Pros

I like that I was able to sync my Etsy Shop account with the software. It is constantly updating sales from my account. Since I make handmade items for sale, it helps me track the material used for each order. I also like that it imports all of my listings and how many of each I have sold. If I were to make them in advance, it would track how many I have made on hand.

Cons

It is a bit over whelming at first. And I wish it was cheaper per month after the trial.

Elise F.

Life saving platform

Overall I'm extremely happy with this platform, makes keeping track of orders and products so easy

Pros

Best way I've found to keep track of inventory, orders and products I have for sale. Using multiple websites to sell is definitely easier with this program

Cons

Have had a few issues that I've needed help with and contacted customer support, good response time but sometimes quicker would be nice

TL

Torie L.

Very helpful software

Pros

Lots of options to track items Management of recipes

Cons

Would be nice if it were better set up for wholesale item options and did not create duplicate listing for the same product coming from a different channel.

SF

Stephanie F.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Craftybase makes it easy!

It has easily allowed me to see my P&L without having to track it in excel, as well as for tax time helping me with my COG.

Pros

Its so easy to use. Doing my invoices, receiving, doing inventory is all a breeze with this software. I can import my recipes and it links to my Etsy page with no issues. Each item has a very clear view of what you are in stock, low stock or out of stock on, and you can record when you manufacture, keep up to date with what your product costs vs how much you make, and its all just great!

Cons

The only thing I wish, is as I am a company of me and my husband, is that I could do lot #s with one of the lower cost options. Having to pay for the pro level to get this is a little high, but we are able to manage.

UL

Unity L.

Craftybase Rocks!

It's been positive in all aspects.

Pros

I love how easy it is to understand, use, and implement. I like how it automatically interfaces with my sales outlets.

Cons

That they only offer a monthly pay package. It feels like a lot to continue paying month after month. I'd rather pay for the software upfront, then pay for upgrades only when I feel I can use the new features.

RB

Rob B.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Powerful & easy to use

Out of all the tools and platforms we use to support our business, craftybase is by far the most important to us. It's well designed and is an essential piece of software for any food & beverage startup considering going into manufacturing.

Pros

We like how it is structured. Logical, easy to use and powerful. Perfect for fast growing startups in the food and beverage industry, particularly those that manufacture.

Cons

The contacts side of the database is basic, with limited functionality, which is a shame because it has the potential to also be a powerful CRM.

WT

Wade T.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Pleased overall

Like most applications, it's not perfect but it's very good. A little complicated at first but invaluable once its set up.

Pros

Feature rich Integrations Lots of resources

Cons

Complicated and not easy to fix mistakes and do back entry

MF

Michelle F.

Cosmetics, self-employed

The Sudsy

Good. Great help when needed

Pros

I love the materials and recipe and product screens. I also love the reports but wish that instead of just taxes it would have gst pst for Canadian.

Cons

I wish it would update products into Shopify. Sharing both ways

KM

Karyn M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Can’t live without it!

We could not do our business without it and keep track of who is doing what and how much we really have left available.

Pros

Keeps track of large amounts of complicated inventory amounts for beads. It is invaluable to us especially for the cost.

Cons

Sometimes when I make changes to an entry later it doesn’t update the entry so I have to delete and re entry.

ST

Stephanie T.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Perfect for my small business

With crafty base I am able to keep all of my orders, supplies, expenses materials, everything in a good order.

Pros

I love that I can keep track of all of my Expenses and create recipes with all of my materials and It will tell me the amount that I need to charge to make a good profit.

Cons

I can’t think of anything that I don’t like about the software.

CB

Chris B.

Retail, self-employed

Great software, making my life easier

Love the ability to know cogs, the reports help with my taxes too

Pros

Easy to use, not overwhelming

Cons

Nothing so far

SD

Stephanie D.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Wonderful product for small businesses

I am definitely able to get a better idea of my profits and expenditures for my business

Pros

The program allows me to track and organize all of the things I want to for my business in one place.

Cons

There are some features that aren't as intuitive as they could be.

MW

Michelle W.

Craftybase

Craftybase has saved me hours upon hours with keeping track of inventory and order entry.

Pros

I love that I am able to keep track of the inventory levels on all my components. When it is time to order I can just print a report and know exactly what I need. I also love all of my orders importing in automatically. I also love that I can access all my information from anywhere via the internet.

Cons

I wish I could use this more for accounting, I work in a cash basis, and this seems more geared towards an accrual basis.

JF

Jill F.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Craftybase is very helpful!

Overall we are happy with the program. It has helped us in so many ways!

Pros

Everything works great so far. The ability to build bundles of products is helpful. Being able to assign and track lot number is great. It has really helped us track inventory and especially the actual cost to make products.

Cons

Setting up the bundling is a bit complex plus you have to store all the inventory info in the components instead of as a product. It is also quite complicated to merge products and variations/options if you have multiple sites integrated.

AD

Alison D.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Makes my Etsy business easy!

Before Craftybase I was using spreadsheets and was very disorganized. I could never have grown my business to its current size without it!

Pros

Love how easy it is to sync everything with my Etsy shop. Very user-friendly and easy to figure out.

Cons

I wish there was a way to bulk edit variations and recipes

CB

Cassandra B.

Automotive, self-employed

Great for small business

Excellent this software has transformed my business, especially because I have a large stock base! It has made everything so much easier

Pros

Ease of use, speed to add new products and materials, ability to upgrade account when needed

Cons

There have been a few small outages recently

AM

Alicia M.

Love Craftybase!

If has made my life so easy with managing inventory.

Pros

I love that it works with Etsy and automatically takes products out of my inventory when it sales.

Cons

It’s time consuming to add new products and wish there was a way to bulk add variations to all products

AC

Alison C.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

I Can't Imagine Running my Jewelry Business Without Craftybase

I honestly don't know how people can run a successful craft business without Craftybase. It is definitely well worth the money and time investment.

Pros

Craftybase not only keeps me ridiculously organized but it ensures I set my prices at a rate that covers my costs and time.

Cons

If you have a big inventory of supplies and/or products it is labour intensive to set up but it's worth it in the long run for the time it saves day-to-day